The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Souttar is significantly better than Balogun.
Lowry now a real first team player.
Hagi coming back.

I reckon if Gio had trusted his squad more in January/February we would have dropped fewer points. He didn't really like Wright. We got better as the squad was used more.

Gio being established, in itself, strengthens us from last season.

We still need to sell and buy a few though.
Significantly better not a chance , the performances balogun has put in Europe and old firms souttar has never played in they type of games ever to even justify that

Like I said, we need movement out and in. The CL qualifiers are a worry with the current squad.
Are they? The squad has a very good past in European football and I’d be quite confident. We obviously do need players in but I wouldn’t say it’s a worry.

That’s twice you’ve used the phrase “keep up”

How far do you think they are in front of us??
Sorry to dive in here.To answer your question How much have they been able to spend so far. Just signed jota on a permanent deal there and have brought in 3 or 4 before today so i’d say they have financial backing more than we have.

There really doesn't seem to be much in the way of bosmans this summer. Most are either out of our range (Tarkowski etc) or not good enough

Right now as things stand our starting 11 would be stronger than faced and beat Leipzig.
Yeah, with Morelos fit that is true. It's the squad depth, plus motivation, that's the issue.

We definitely saw a drop in motivation at the start of last season.

That's why we need movement out and in.

Last edited:
Sakala is solid enough back-up as long as he is played at LW. All his best moments have came from cutting in onto his right.

He doesn't have the final ball on him to play RW and looks awkward trying to dribble out there. He isn't composed enough or able to hold the ball up to play ST. But for as bad as his composure is, his goal record was brilliant last year and his pace is pretty handy.

Maybe next year we can find better back up than Wright and Sakala but for now, they are more than capable of playing against most domestic teams.
Disagree. The quicker we get rid of Sakala and replace him with someone competent, the better the squad will be IMO. Hope he’s at the very bottom of our attacking options list this season.

Significantly better not a chance , the performances balogun has put in Europe and old firms souttar has never played in they type of games ever to even justify that

Souttar has played at a high enough level for Scotland and by all accounts has done well. Before coming to us Balogun didn’t exactly have the greatest CV - so let’s not write anyone off quite yet.

Sorry to dive in here.To answer your question How much have they been able to spend so far. Just signed jota on a permanent deal there and have brought in 3 or 4 before today so i’d say they have financial backing more than we have.
Yes. They have more money than us. That's a fact.

We are underdogs, financially, every year.

We'll still win the league this season though.
(Assuming the cinch deal doesn't mean we can't).

All were terrible? Really? The Villa fans would disagree with that assessment of Hutton for starters. Cuellar also played over 100 games in the EPL so couldn’t have been that bad.

Well yes. Hutton was sold for a £6m loss after being sent out on loan.

Cuellar was OK I suppose, but covered RB more than he did CB.

Neither were really a success for the clubs that signed them

The difference being that due to high income from sales they are able to spend. Much is made of the millions they spent last Summer but, in reality, I think their transfer dealings actually ended up in the black due to sales. We aren't really at that point yet, despite the Patterson money, because we still run at a loss and are paying the price for previous years over-investment building up to 55.

The difference being that due to high income from sales they are able to spend. Much is made of the millions they spent last Summer but, in reality, I think their transfer dealings actually ended up in the black due to sales. We aren't really at that point yet, despite the Patterson money, because we still run at a loss and are paying the price for previous years over-investment building up to 55.

Ironically enough if we'd never won 55 the same people would be wanting the same heads on spikes.

Covid probably exacerbated the situation but I doubt we'd be spending big even if we hadn't had 18 months of closed stadiums.

Do you realise they get £20m for group stage of UCL,whereas we get £5m for Europa?
When will people start to understand why they can spend more money than us ?

Nah, not having that. Maeda is absolute f()cking mincemeat mate. Yes, Sakala can be very very frustrating but he is a far better player than the c()nt from Tenko.
They’re both rubbish. Pick your fighter in a rubbish battle is what we’re discussing. Either way, from a Rangers perspective we shouldn’t be having to use Sakala unless it’s against East Fife in the cup or something similar.

£17 million according to the retard.
Perspective please. They’ve basically used up the money from last seasons sales.

Anything going forward now that they buy will be new money or they will be having to sell before bringing more in.

Folk Don’t need to flap when it comes to them. Their squad is on a par with ours, and tbh we are still better man for man and look how much has been spent just to be equal to us.

A few quality signings from us and we should be winning the title

Their outlay in the last 2 years has been approx 40m. Their incoming in that time through player sales has also been approx 40m. They have far less money pumped in from board members than we do, they just operate a player trading model effectively. We will begin to do the same

All of our recruitment seems to be for the under 18's and B team hopefully some of our scouts are actually looking at players for the first team

That is a fair amount to be fair. If that is a true figure. We need a couple of players a forward and right sided midfielder. They were handed a fortune when we fu*ked up the lead we had but that’s gone now we need to get on with it.

Being brutally honest as well I can see them also adding 3 maybe 4 more players before the window shuts as they seem to be backing fat flange financially.

He's probably been given about £40-45 million over the last year while GVB is being asked to go up against him with a squad that's not had money spent on it for two years now.

Over the next few years we going to start falling behind that lot badly if we don't strengthen the squad no matter who the manager is.

5qU1.gif

Back to the Transfer thread.

Hopefully any funds will be used on a quality RW and Colak,
Apart from that we need to move players out I would imagine Aribo is gone and potentially any of Bassey, Borna, Kent ,Morelos or Kamara could also be away.

I honestly can’t see us doing much till we make a couple of decent sales.

I expect that’s what’s holding things up as we expect decent cash in so want a decent calibre of replacement.

Disagree. The quicker we get rid of Sakala and replace him with someone competent, the better the squad will be IMO. Hope he’s at the very bottom of our attacking options list this season.
I'm not saying we can't get better, but if money is tight there are definitely other areas of the pitch I'd look to improve before our back-up winger. I think we need a ST, RW, CM and CB a lot more.

Yeah, with Morelos fit that is true. It's the squad depth, plus motivation, that's the issue.

We definitely saw a drop in motivation at the start of next season.

I'd rather go with what we seen most recently rather than what happened a year ago. Once the players got used to Gio they didn't look in anyway unmotivated, the performances at the end of the season with the various extra time wins looked to me like a squad who were right behind their manager and totally motivated.

Add a couple of signings (striker and right winger) and we'd be good to go in my opinion, obviously any sales would change that.

I'm not saying we can't get better, but if money is tight there are definitely other areas of the pitch I'd look to improve before our back-up winger. I think we need a ST, RW, CM and CB a lot more.
Oh yeah, I don’t disagree with that mate. If we sign a decent RW then we automatically push Sakala down the pecking order anyway so it’s win win.

All of our recruitment seems to be for the under 18's and B team hopefully some of our scouts are actually looking at players for the first team
Have a think pal at the people that are looking after our academy set up and also the snr management team.

It is of no real surprise that we are focusing heavily on bringing in the best talent at these age groups as we can and it should be a model that is invested in with what is limited resources in comparision to the biug european leagues.

Belgian (Zeb) and Dutch (Vos) management normally alwasy have a high focus on the development of their youth.

Hopefully we can fix the issue of getting them from that age group to our first team

This is still the Rangers transfer thread isn’t?

I’ve no doubt we’ll get a couple in but folk need to get a grip, these things take time and patience is required! It doesn’t happen overnight. We may lose one or two for decent money which will obviously have an impact to the quality we bring in.

I know they are our main competition but really, let’s worry about us, %^*& their signings, nip over to kerryfail if you need to discuss what they’re doing!

I’m a miserable bastard but not in the same league as some in here!

Perspective please. They’ve basically used up the money from last seasons sales.

Anything going forward now that they buy will be new money or they will be having to sell before bringing more in.

Folk Don’t need to flap when it comes to them. Their squad is on a par with ours, and tbh we are still better man for man and look how much has been spent just to be equal to us.

A few quality signings from us and we should be winning the title
They have only added to new players to their squad,Siegerst and the Argentinian. Jota and Vickers were loans to buy.

Speaking of signing an Israeli, is that boy Manor Solomon, who ripped Scotland a new one, within our budget? Looks like he’s currently at Shakhtar, can’t imagine it’d be hard to lure him away.
Email the club with your suggestion. This is how it's worked for a number of years.

We definitely saw a drop in motivation at the start of next season.

what are tonight's lotto numbers please?

There's a whole lot of hyperbole around our not signing anyone and much of it is just FF keyboard warriors doing what they do. Sometimes it's cringy, sometimes it's funny but, it is just a fan forum after all.

The reality is, it was generally accepted we needed to freshen up, not rebuild. For many of us, that meant a striker who will score goals and a right-sided attacker, with more width to his play (Gio likes wingers) and an ability to deliver crosses and add to the team goal tally. It was also imperative we got rid of players like the Barker's, Hastie's and Itten's in the squad.

This refreshing-only approach was underlined by the extensions of senior players and the inclusion of Lowry and King as bonafide 1st team squad members.

The club has been consistent over the past few years in stating there is no transfer budget. Each opportunity is evaluated on the merit of the player and the need of the club. Example: Ryan Kent.

The window has been open for little more than two weeks. We've no way of knowing what discussions have taken place or whether any bids have actually been made on our players. I do find it a little concerning that we've left 3 mainstay players to get get to a year left on their contracts and although there was maybe good reasoning behind that decision it cannot become a typical scenario going forward. However, the reality is you can't force a player to sign and can't force clubs to bid either to your timescale or the value you set.

I'm certain Rangers have targets identified, I'm confident we've even kicked off discussions in many cases, sounding out a player's availability, and interest in coming to the famous and tentative fees involved. I'm confident this is undertaken for the striker we need and for the winger too. I'd also be very surprised if we had not identified multiple targets for replacements for each of our players and certainly for the ones in the final year of their deal. It's succession planning 101.

But seriously, we won't be triggering any purchases until we know whether our players are leaving or not. Unfortunately, this may well be later rather than sooner, it's just the way the market works.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

There's a whole lot of hyperbole around our not signing anyone and much of it is just FF keyboard warriors doing what they do. Sometimes it's cringy, sometimes it's funny but, it is just a fan forum after all.

The reality is, it was generally accepted we needed to freshen up, not rebuild. For many of us, that meant a striker who will score goals and a right-sided attacker, with more width to his play (Gio likes wingers) and an ability to deliver crosses and add to the team goal tally. It was also imperative we got rid of players like the Barker's, Hastie's and Itten's in the squad.

This refreshing-only approach was underlined by the extensions of senior players and the inclusion of Lowry and King as bonafide 1st team squad members.

The club has been consistent over the past few years in stating there is no transfer budget. Each opportunity is evaluated on the merit of the player and the need of the club. Example: Ryan Kent.

The window has been open for little more than two weeks. We've no way of knowing what discussions have taken place or whether any bids have actually been made on our players. I do find it a little concerning that we've left 3 mainstay players to get get to a year left on their contracts and although there was maybe good reasoning behind that decision it cannot become a typical scenario going forward. However, the reality is you can't force a player to sign and can't force clubs to bid either to your timescale or the value you set.

I'm certain Rangers have targets identified, I'm confident we've even kicked off discussions in many cases, sounding out a player's availability, and interest in coming to the famous and tentative fees involved. I'm confident this is undertaken for the striker we need and for the winger too. I'd also be very surprised if we had not identified multiple targets for replacements for each of our players and certainly for the ones in the final year of their deal. It's succession planning 101.

But seriously, we won't be triggering any purchases until we know whether our players are leaving or not. Unfortunately, this may well be later rather than sooner, it's just the way the market works.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.
So when do we start panicking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back