The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't envy admin having to deal with this thread. There are clearly a good few accounts on here though who's sole purpose is to antagonise anyone & everyone that they can.

The thread has been consistently derailed by it. Page after page, day after day.

I've been telling myself ever since the last thread was chopped don't rise to it.. stay calm, put them on ignore.. But when you see it so blatantly it really is so fckn difficult to do.

I actually seen someone post that people defending the board was getting so tiresome.. The one's instigating it saying it's tiresome!!! The one's creating it, pushing it, complaining that it's tiresome!!!

The ironic thing is that is one thing we could all agree on on.
It’s usually a good start to look when peoples usernames were created. There’s a good few who only joined in the last few months but already have high post counts.

I’m maybe wide if the mark here but it’s usually always the most negative posters who are like this, instantly makes me think they have been banned previously for their pish, and now they have resurfaced with new names.

How many seasons like last season will it take before we can actually seem to have healthy accounts and can end the constant debate over if we have money or not.
How many sponsors, how many record turnovers, how many players sales, how many record merchandise sales etc?

I have no clue myself, but if we aren't close to it after all the above, winning the league and then reaching a European Final in the last 2 seasons then we are being severely mismanaged.
If Morelos, Aribo, Kamara and Bassey all got sold this window for a fair price we would be sound i reckon. The money is in the squad rather than having been earned from Europa and from winning the bloody SPFL lmao

Kenny Miller thinks we might have to accept £6m for Alfie if he doesn't sign a new contract. What is it with our ex players having our players valued at a pittance aswell as talking pish?

I don't think we can accept anything less than £10m for Alfie if he wants to go. Better keeping him for the league/Europe if the offer is that low.
He likely values him higher than that like we all do but we aren’t getting £10m offers for him right now that is a fact. He is injured, market is dead AND his contract is nearly out. Miller saying 6m is him saying we need to take anything just to call it a profit. Makes sense to me albeit it would sting, just not as much as it would sting to see him walk for free

It’s usually a good start to look when peoples usernames were created. There’s a good few who only joined in the last few months but already have high post counts.

I’m maybe wide if the mark here but it’s usually always the most negative posters who are like this, instantly makes me think they have been banned previously for their pish, and now they have resurfaced with new names.

Nothing surer.

What I don’t think some folk get is the reason people are frustrated isn’t cos it’s the 1st July and we have done nothing . It’s the fact in the back of our minds we have all seen this story before with that lot and the importance of getting players in early for champions league qualifiers . It’s not a bonus it’s a necessity we get players in soon or it’s another year in the Europa league

No mate I’m not suggesting the management accounts are different. The annual accounts are historical to see the real or true picture you need to review the post balance sheet accounts these will be given to the companies bankers and the board. If you look at only annual accounts you are looking at data that’s months old and has less validity.

If you don’t believe what I did for a living that’s up to you. What do you do mate?
To see the current position yes you would need to review the latest set of management reports.

And yes these might be provided, 'periodically' to our bankers, perhaps once a year when they carry out a Business Profile Review, which would not necessarily be close to a year end, otherwise they will be provided with the annual accounts like everyone else.

They would of-course be provided to the company auditors immediately prior to signing the annual accounts off though which is perhaps what you meant.

Kind of moving away from the point here though aren't we... Because whilst being historical by the time they are published the annual accounts paint the full picture in terms of where the new period begins from, the liabilities being carried forward, a forecast which would have identified the funding gap which needed covered in the upcoming year (which has been communicated many times by the board), so they are certainly not less valid in painting a picture. They are extremley accurate actually.

Given the content of your last posts I would find it hard to belive you held that type of role, but I don't know you anymore than you know me, so if that's what you did then that's what you did.

As is Sakala. They’re both not very good, Maeda is just slightly less not very good IMO. I wouldn’t want either of them playing for Rangers regularly.
Sakala is solid enough back-up as long as he is played at LW. All his best moments have came from cutting in onto his right.

He doesn't have the final ball on him to play RW and looks awkward trying to dribble out there. He isn't composed enough or able to hold the ball up to play ST. But for as bad as his composure is, his goal record was brilliant last year and his pace is pretty handy.

Maybe next year we can find better back up than Wright and Sakala but for now, they are more than capable of playing against most domestic teams.

They’ve now spent around £45m since the fat Aussie came, Lennon spent about £40m before him

Yet the 2 sides have never been so evenly matched for years

We were the ones who were supposedly needing to spend “around £100m to catch them” not so long ago

We need a few bodies in, I believe we will do that

No need to panic just yet imo
I agree with the majority of your post mate but they haven’t had an outlay of £40m because they made back 40 on 4 players in the last 18 months. Thats the model we need.

Its not. They can give all the soundbytes they like in interviews, but the reality is Robertson has a duty to the shareholder first and foremost. Its a slippery business, but if you put a £10M loan into the club, and the opportunity arose via a player sale to get your money back, with interest, earlier. Wouldnt you take it?

I 100% support Gio getting money to spend. I still think he will. I just think peoples interpretation of our finance is too black and white.

If we neglect Gio, i wont be happy. All im saying is the finance is complicated. Cant we just show some patience?
That is the case in nearly all PLC’s.
Not necessarily football though and, as I’ve posted before, not to those who’ve loaned the club money.
Their money is as safe as it gets.

RANGERS are scouting Israeli superkid Oscar Gloukh but Maccabi Tel Aviv have immediately stuck a £8 million price tag on the 18-year-old playmaker.

Gloukh helped his country to a surprise run in the European Under 19s Championships where they reached tonight's final against England.

And scouts from Rangers were watching him in Israel's 2-1 semi-final win against France at Dunajska Streda in Slovakia this week with local reports claiming Giovanni van Bronckhorst'sside are leading the way to sign Gloukh, who only made his debut last season.

However, the Tel Aviv club have made it clear they are in no rush to sell their highly-rated young talent, who only signed a two-year contract earlier this year and they are already trying to persuade him to extend it.

Maccabi Tel Aviv manager Vladimir Ivic stated: "We do not want to sell him and we are currently trying to get him to sign a new contract for another four years.

"He wouldn't be sold unless a team offered £8 million for him.
It's a rumour. Will be a load of pish but at least it's a rumour.

Not an Aribo replacement or the quality right winger we needed even before Aribo may leave.

Can’t see us paying several million for a wee guy who’s barely played.

What I don’t think some folk get is the reason people are frustrated isn’t cos it’s the 1st July and we have done nothing . It’s the fact in the back of our minds we have all seen this story before with that lot and the importance of getting players in early for champions league qualifiers . It’s not a bonus it’s a necessity we get players in soon or it’s another year in the Europa league

As things stand we would have a stronger starting 11 than that which beat Leipzig and played in the Europa League final, why would that automatically mean we wouldn't qualify for the Champions League out of interest?

As things stand we would have a stronger starting 11 than that which beat Leipzig and played in the Europa League final, why would that automatically mean we wouldn't qualify for the Champions League out of interest?

Stronger?

Souttar over Balogun is debatable.
Will Morelos be fit?
We've lost Ramsey and Diallo.

We’ve very little CB options that you’d trust though.

Realistically we have Goldson, Souttar and Bassey.

Bassey should be used at LB moving forward ideally, and Souttar is injury prone and yet to deliver in a Rangers jersey (albeit I’m confident he will when fit).

Helander is good enough but can’t see him being fit enough to play consistently and the rest either aren’t CB’s, or aren’t good enough.

I’m discounting Leon King from all the above on the basis I don’t think we can be relying on an 18 year old for 25/30 games at this stage.
Souttar played around 35 games last season. I don't think his fitness is going 2 b the problem everyone making it out 2 b

He likely values him higher than that like we all do but we aren’t getting £10m offers for him right now that is a fact. He is injured, market is dead AND his contract is nearly out. Miller saying 6m is him saying we need to take anything just to call it a profit. Makes sense to me albeit it would sting, just not as much as it would sting to see him walk for free
If, and I don't believe it is, a fair price then his value wouldn't drop that much after the CL qualifiers. Again, IF, he hasn't signed and we qualify, that might give him something to think about redarding signinh on again.

Lots of ifs and maybes though. I just want the wee man to sign on for 3 or 4 more years.

I know hee haw, but have got a feeling we will make at least one signing right out the blue that will make us giddy.
I'll wager Gio and the board want us to win this league, and make some decent money out of Europe as much as we do, and I don't want them to rush into anything just because our arses are making buttons.
Bookmark it.

Stronger?

Souttar over Balogun is debatable.
Will Morelos be fit?
We've lost Ramsey and Diallo.
In my opinion Souttar is significantly better than Balogun.
Lowry now a real first team player.
Hagi coming back.

I reckon if Gio had trusted his squad more in January/February we would have dropped fewer points. He didn't really like Wright. We got better as the squad was used more.

Gio being established, in itself, strengthens us from last season.

We still need to sell and buy a few though.

Souttar played around 35 games last season. I don't think his fitness is going 2 b the problem everyone making it out 2 b
Hope you are right. Not seen anyone complain about his quality. If he plsys the same number of games this season, i think we will be able to relax a bit over his history of injuries.

I know hee haw, but have got a feeling we will make at least one signing right out the blue that will make us giddy.
I'll wager Gio and the board want us to win this league, and make some decent money out of Europe as much as we do, and I don't want them to rush into anything just because our arses are making buttons.
Bookmark it.
Of course we will be adding to the squad. It's still very early in the window.

Speaking of signing an Israeli, is that boy Manor Solomon, who ripped Scotland a new one, within our budget? Looks like he’s currently at Shakhtar, can’t imagine it’d be hard to lure him away.
Well outwith our budget I think.

£7m fee agreed with Fulham. Nice about to hijack that deal.

Wages will be huge, Jim Ratcliffe owns Nice.

In my opinion Souttar is significantly better than Balogun.
Lowry now a real first team player.
Hagi coming back.

I reckon if Gio had trusted his squad more in January/February we would have dropped fewer points. He didn't really like Wright. We got better as the squad was used more.

Gio being established, in itself, strengthens us from last season.

We still need to sell and buy a few though.

Let's see if Souttar can reach the levels Balogun did for us. Some big performances in Europe and Old Firm matches.

Hagi isn't close to being available.

The squad right now isn't stronger than the one that finished the season. If we played a competitive match tomorrow it would be more or less the team that started in Seville minus Balogun, Ramsey and Diallo for options. The bench would be weaker.

Let's see if Souttar can reach the levels Balogun did for us. Some big performances in Europe and Old Firm matches.

Hagi isn't close to being available.

The squad right now isn't stronger than the one that finished the season. If we played a competitive match tomorrow it would be more or less the team that started in Seville minus Balogun, Ramsey and Diallo for options. The bench would be weaker.
I thought you meant for the season as a whole, not a game tomorrow.

Like I said, we need movement out and in. The CL qualifiers are a worry with the current squad.

The problem is trying to get the global market moving. Today is usually a catalyst for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back