PSV Away Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'll be missing this one aswell unless the day trip is fairly priced (lol) lack of holidays is killing me!

When should we expect emails from Rangers to register?

I'll be day trip or nothing for this one.. hoping CTM dont take the piss like they tried to for Belgium.

Covid restrictions.. if you have a booster you are good to go? Is that correct?

Is the security at schipol as bad as made out just now for anyone on here that been recently?

What would be the latest to head to the airport on the thursday for the 22.10 flight?

Is the security at schipol as bad as made out just now for anyone on here that been recently?

What would be the latest to head to the airport on the thursday for the 22.10 flight?
Flew back through Schiphol coming back from Belgium, was told to be there 4 hours before flight, the queues were horrendous. Discovered they were all checking in bags, breezed through security in under 10 minutes with cabin bags only. 4 hours of my life I won’t get back.

Looks like I'll be missing this one aswell unless the day trip is fairly priced (lol) lack of holidays is killing me!
Just out of interest what would you class as fairly priced?

I'm the day trip or nothing for this one aswell so hoping CTM don't take the piss again.

Just out of interest what would you class as fairly priced?

I'm the day trip or nothing for this one aswell so hoping CTM don't take the piss again.
Honestly mate? No idea, I've only done one day trip with CTM and that was Brondby which was £350 approx? I'm not expecting it to be lower than £500 if it runs.

Honestly mate? No idea, I've only done one day trip with CTM and that was Brondby which was £350 approx? I'm not expecting it to be lower than £500 if it runs.
Yeah I think the days of a day trip to Spain, Portugal, France etc for £350 are long gone.

I expect this one to be between £500-£700.. if its on the lower end of that I'll go.

Was there last week after the game took me nearly 2 hours to get thro security busy place my advice would be to be ther 3 hours b4 flight

Anybody worried about covid restrictions just get a declaration that you have had covid in last 180 days, easy
I had a (genuine) one of these from Xmas when I had Covid (positive PCR) - how would I go about getting another one valid for now?

If travelling to eindhoven airport via amsterdam schipol, do you need to go through all the security again in the dam, as only got an hour connecting flight? Thanks.

Regarding Schiphol lads, if your flights are between 06:00 and 14:00/15:00, then it’ll be busy.
As a frequent flyer I’ve been travelling in the evenings and it’s always fairly quiet.
I’d imagine it’ll be the same.
That said, don’t take check in bags, just travel light. If you do take bags then your wait times can be anything like as mentioned above.

Anyone going home via Dusseldorf Weeze on Thursday?

Edinburgh - Dublin - Dusseldorf International on way out. Tuesday.

Dusseldorf Weeze - Edinburgh home Thursday.

Annoyingly I had only checked trains from Dusseldorf itself, which look easy enough.

Weeze airport, it takes a ridiculous amount of time though, despite it only being an hour's drive from Eindhoven. Looks like I'll just need to bite the bullet with a taxi.

Anyone going this route home and wants to share give me a shout.

Last edited:
That's the one I booked, got a hotel in eindhoven near the stadium.

Out of interest, how are you planning getting back to Amsterdam on the Thursday morning?

Seems like a pain in the arse the route I seen.

Bus from Eindhoven-Boxtel

Train from Boxtel-Breda-Schipol

We breezed through security at Schippol last week at about 02:30. Told us not to take anything out the bag (toiletries etc) and allowed us through with an open 500ml bottle of water which was a first.

PSV EINDHOVEN V RANGERS

24th August

We have been looking at options for this game and we have numerous factors to consider.

Eindhoven airport will not be open after the match for us to operate a day trip. This would mean we need to operate a one night stay and with this game being just before the August bank holiday any aircraft available able to do this are simply too expensive.

The alternative of flying to a different airport and doing a day trip is far too expensive in our opinion. Futhermore even if we do find an aircraft there is simply no back up if something goes wrong. The current situation was highlighted last weekend when a League of Ireland game was cancelled on Sunday as one of the teams had been unable to find a plane to get them home in time from their European game on the Thursday!

Eindhoven can be reached with numerous direct flights from the UK and people can also consider flying to Amsterdam and taking the train to Eindhoven. Hotels near Amsterdam airport are usually reasonably priced with trains operating between the airport and Eindhoven. Flights to Dussledorf and Brussels are also an option.

We wish the best of luck to Rangers in this round and we will be operating flights in the group stages.

0207 935 6129
SALES@SPORTOPTIONS.COM

Follow us on Twitter @Sport_Options (Click Here)

Join us on Facebook (Click Here)

With the reasoning behind sports options not running a flight, it certainly sounds like the day trip will be around the same price as the one for USG away.

PSV EINDHOVEN V RANGERS

24th August

We have been looking at options for this game and we have numerous factors to consider.

Eindhoven airport will not be open after the match for us to operate a day trip. This would mean we need to operate a one night stay and with this game being just before the August bank holiday any aircraft available able to do this are simply too expensive.

The alternative of flying to a different airport and doing a day trip is far too expensive in our opinion. Futhermore even if we do find an aircraft there is simply no back up if something goes wrong. The current situation was highlighted last weekend when a League of Ireland game was cancelled on Sunday as one of the teams had been unable to find a plane to get them home in time from their European game on the Thursday!

Eindhoven can be reached with numerous direct flights from the UK and people can also consider flying to Amsterdam and taking the train to Eindhoven. Hotels near Amsterdam airport are usually reasonably priced with trains operating between the airport and Eindhoven. Flights to Dussledorf and Brussels are also an option.

We wish the best of luck to Rangers in this round and we will be operating flights in the group stages.

0207 935 6129
SALES@SPORTOPTIONS.COM

hope so

PSV EINDHOVEN V RANGERS

24th August

0207 935 6129
SALES@SPORTOPTIONS.COM

Doesn't bode well for the official flight price.

Will there be an official flight if Eindhoven airport is closed after the match?
Or will the alternative be Amsterdam airport then buses

I would be amazed if the CTM trip is below £600. I’m now looking at alternative routes and going independent.

Still decent flight from Edinburgh to Rotterdam Tuesday to Thursday for £220.
Anybody else adding this route?
Had been looking at these flight they started off at £147 return, there is only 1 seat left on the Tuesday flight so no use to us now.

The costs for using Schipol would be high?
They used some totally Mickey Mouse airport out in the middle of nowhere for Leipzig did they not?

Yeah efurt. Biggest shambles ever. Said to the rangers guy that it would be a mistake all leaving the ground in convoy as it was clear to anybody with a brain that 600 people turning up at a place smaller than Prestwick was going to be a disaster. As predicted they ignored this and the queues were horrendous going though two security scanners. They then had the cheek to moan that we were holding up the flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back