PSV Away Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won 2 tickets for the UEFA Cup final in Eindhoven when Middlesbrough got hammered by Seville. Its a lovely stadium and we just used the train there and back from Amsterdam.

Would love to being this but ironically unable to as working - in Middlesbrough :cool:

Won 2 tickets for the UEFA Cup final in Eindhoven when Middlesbrough got hammered by Seville. Its a lovely stadium and we just used the train there and back from Amsterdam.

Would love to being this but ironically unable to as working - in Middlesbrough :cool:
We played them in 2011.
Stuck up in away corner with netting across the front,not exactly lovely :cool:

Got on the following flights on Tuesday night after the game:

Monday 19:45 Edinburgh to Amsterdam
Thursday 13:15 Amsterdam to Edinburgh

Both with EasyJet, cost us about £200.

Following a fully blown argument with my boss at my “part-time” job, my holidays have been approved. Just need Rangers to decide to give us any indication as to what’s happening with tickets so that I can start being paranoid about whether or not I’ll get one.

Aye, seems a real random place. Not sure what type of people would be using that flight.
I have used Weeze a couple of times for trips. Mainly to Germany e.g. Leipzig.
I hire a car and make a holiday of it stopping off at places we haven't been.

For that Leipzig trip in the winter , it took 9 hours though to Magdeburg instead of 4. There were upside down Porches all along the route. Black ice and fog is a deadly combination.

I booked flights out to Eindhoven before the away match. I took a chance on PSV qualifying. I fully expected us to at that time.

I booked flights back on Friday 26th yesterday when we found out the match was on Wednesday.
I will work from the Airbnb Mon-Thurs.

We played them in 2011.
Stuck up in away corner with netting across the front,not exactly lovely :cool:
Yes I mind it well a great victory Albertz, I also remember there is a train station next to the ground
It run a train to Amsterdam right after the game,also this might be of help we came in through Rotterdam and went into the PSV shop and bought two ticket for the game,they were right next to the tunnel, no problem great view.

Aye, seems a real random place. Not sure what type of people would be using that flight.
It's easy enough to get to from the German side but even from venlo which is 30 odd kilometres away it takes ages.

We used Weeze last time we played PSV and it was easy to get there and back.

Demand will be more than double that of USG
Not with local pickup it won't given the short timeframe and the cost of travel. Throw in issues with the trains heading south too and it isn't as easy as it used to be.

USG had loads of unsold tickets by the looks of it

Not with local pickup it won't given the short timeframe and the cost of travel. Throw in issues with the trains heading south too and it isn't as easy as it used to be.

Never considered a couple of those factors tbf. We’ve 4 travelling, 2 high gold who will 99% be sorted, 2 others are silver but hoping that they get sorted.

Never considered a couple of those factors tbf. We’ve 4 travelling, 2 high gold who will 99% be sorted, 2 others are silver but hoping that they get sorted.
In a similar situation, I should be good in gold but a mate in silver who may miss on about 1300

Agreed, the market has changed / inflation etc

When was the last under £300 anyway? Pre 2012 Surely , 1st Luxembourg day trip was over £300 im sure
Brondby,overnighter with Sports Options (you sorted your own hotel) was £299 last November.

The problem seems to be getting to Weeze as it doesn't have much of a link by public transport. According to Google it takes well over 2 hours

It's more than that going back the way I think. 3hrs 40 I seen by train and bus. Showing as 1hr 50 from airport into Eindhoven but not the other way for some reason

Taxi from Eindhoven is €125 euro. It's about 50 miles.

Other option is train to Venlo which is a tenner and taxi from there. Around 25miles from there.

I'm on this route home as mentioned on a previous post. Solo traveler so far so happy to split cost with someone.

It's more than that going back the way I think. 3hrs 40 I seen by train and bus.

Taxi from Eindhoven is €125 euro. It's about 50 miles.

Other option is train to Venlo which is a tenner and taxi from there. Around 25miles from there.

I'm on this route home as mentioned on a previous post. Solo traveler so far so happy to split cost with someone.
why not try run a bus from weeze? 8 seater or more

Independent traveller here, what are my chances of getting a ticket for this match on the day of the game in Eindhoven? I havent pursued all channels yet but are there tickets usually to be had before kick-off?

Independent traveller here, what are my chances of getting a ticket for this match on the day of the game in Eindhoven? I havent pursued all channels yet but are there tickets usually to be had before kick-off?

I'd normally say very little but, I think anyone that really wants to be at this game, will be.

We didn’t even sell all our tickets for usg.. was still 200 or so at ticket collection not allocated! If it’s collection over there which it should everyone needing will get!

One of the problems with usg was the retention (rightly ) of tickets for the cancelled flight

Add on the fact that they only offered tickets to bronze/silver mygers on the Saturday before the game meant travel was very difficult

Given the timescales for this game it is likely to be collection over there so should go pretty low points wise given the size of the allocation and short notice

If they manage to put on an official flight there is a priority list from those who paid for usg to consider as well

Yes I mind it well a great victory Albertz, I also remember there is a train station next to the ground
It run a train to Amsterdam right after the game,also this might be of help we came in through Rotterdam and went into the PSV shop and bought two ticket for the game,they were right next to the tunnel, no problem great view.
That was in 1999.

2011 was a dull 0-0 draw and were beaten 1-0 in the return leg at Ibrox. If only we'd had an Albertz in his prime at that time!

Got on the following flights on Tuesday night after the game:

Monday 19:45 Edinburgh to Amsterdam
Thursday 13:15 Amsterdam to Edinburgh

Both with EasyJet, cost us about £200.

Following a fully blown argument with my boss at my “part-time” job, my holidays have been approved. Just need Rangers to decide to give us any indication as to what’s happening with tickets so that I can start being paranoid about whether or not I’ll get one.
@OohAhHuistra thoughts?

For what it’s worth, you’ll 100% get one Indy so you’ve no need to panic in the slightest.

I can see it dropping to everyone being offered again in all honesty

@OohAhHuistra thoughts?

For what it’s worth, you’ll 100% get one Indy so you’ve no need to panic in the slightest.

I can see it dropping to everyone being offered again in all honesty
He’s panicking. We’re both around the same points he’ll get one and I also agree with short turn around mostly everyone will, especially with people having family holidays, lack of holidays due to last season and short notice in needing holidays haha

He’s panicking. We’re both around the same points he’ll get one and I also agree with short turn around mostly everyone will, especially with people having family holidays, lack of holidays due to last season and short notice in needing holidays haha
Loads of people saying they’ll need to save holidays for group stages which is completely understandable

Rather be able to do all 3 group games than a qualifier tbf. PSV would be tremendous though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back