The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the daily update today they mentioned Jack Simpson was on a 5 figure weekly wage. I find it incredible we gave him that on a 4.5 year contract

Great news he has gone
This can never be allowed to happen again. Every player brought in from here e in will be required to make a worthwhile contribution. I know you never can tell what you're going to get when new players come in but I'd imagine we'd e doing dye diligence over potential targets. So hopefully there will be no more Grezdas or Simpsons. What waste of money.

Sell Sakala and Katic and get the likes of Kelly and McCrorie out on loan and hopefully we will be able to bring in one more player of real quality, especially if we qualify for the CL.

A midfielder to play alongside Lundstram would be my choice, somebody that can play forward into the final third. Somebody like Billy Gilmour would be perfect if a bit out of our reach.

Might be nothing probably is nothing but Matthis Albine who we were linked with has signed with the Wasserman agency quite a lot of our squad use them as their agents

Interesting. The age and profile id want in a 3rd striker. Develop him over a couple of years and then he can take over from Alfie.

Hope theres something in this

Not even surprised that Matondo is getting it tight off cunts already, our support is utterly woeful at times.
It's embarrassing mate.

I was on here on Tuesday after the game and it was all negative pish.

I said to Mrs I bet when I open David Edgar's post match video, everyone is delighted and sure enough...place is bouncing and everyone buzzing in that video.

It's the Facebook of Rangers on here.

That's 2 managers in a row that haven't given Sakala a regular game. I think I'll go with their opinions.
Where abouts did I say he should be a regular? You’ll be looking for a while because I didn’t say that. All I was saying was that currently our options as wingers are kent, Matondo, sakala and Wright. Wright’s end product is pretty abysmal whereas sakala in terms of the minutes he’s played actually offers end product. As a squad player I would far rather sakala.

Considering it looks as if he's way down the pecking order, £3-4m on the table I would've taken it.

Still think he's a good squad player though and should get more minutes than he does.

Still makes me sad to see big Leon having to watch us from the stands on Tuesday there. Honestly feel he would have played a part this season.
I think Leon was the easy option to release to ease the burden on the squad budget. Katic, Simpson and Helander were all under contract. It's a gamble to extend Leon's in the hop you can sell one or two of the others.
To be fair though, I wish the big man was still here as he had another season in him for sure.

Would’ve taken £4m for Sakala.
Genuinely surprised we didn't look to do a deal especially as it's pretty clear the management aren't keen on him.

I mean £3/4 million potentially gets us a decent replacement or we use the funds to get a midfield in.

I think Leon was the easy option to release to ease the burden on the squad budget. Katic, Simpson and Helander were all under contract. It's a gamble to extend Leon's in the hop you can sell one or two of the others.
To be fair though, I wish the big man was still here as he had another season in him for sure.
Given he hasn't got another team yet, is it beyond the realms of possibility he comes back if we shift Katic on top of Simpson?

We clearly value Fashion Jr at a good bit more than Burnley were prepared/able to pay.

there were no discussions had with Rangers as it was clear it would take a bid beyond their limits to alter Rangers’ stance.

Maybe their bid was closer to the £2m as a start point, with the rest being add-ons?

This can never be allowed to happen again. Every player brought in from here e in will be required to make a worthwhile contribution. I know you never can tell what you're going to get when new players come in but I'd imagine we'd e doing dye diligence over potential targets. So hopefully there will be no more Grezdas or Simpsons. What waste of money.

There will never be a time when we competely eradicate poor signings. Every club has them.

Even if a club does everything right in the scouting and signing of a player, said player is still the most important single factor in whether or not that signing works out. There's just no way to guarantee it, all you can do is try to be as thorough as possible.

Still makes me sad to see big Leon having to watch us from the stands on Tuesday there. Honestly feel he would have played a part this season.

I don't think Gio particularly rated Balogun, going by how he used him last season. I absolutely could be wrong, of course, but that was the impression I came away with.

Given he hasn't got another team yet, is it beyond the realms of possibility he comes back if we shift Katic on top of Simpson?

Doubt it otherwise I'd have thought he'd be allowed to use our facilities to train.

Instead he's going about Glasgow playings 5s/7s with random people.

He isn't a £5 million player if that's what our valuation is I don't see anyone paying that.

If Burnley were willing to thrown £4 million at us we should have definitely looked to do a deal.

He's better than Klimala and Celtic offloaded him for £4m. Only worth what teams are willing to pay.

Clearly Gio rates sakala more than some on here think if he’s not selling at that price. Sakala will have a part to play throughout the season, he was a player who was very rarely injured last season as well from what I remember. So will step in when people pick up injuries as well.

Hopefully Sakala provides some crucial goals this season and makes the "I'd take £3m" brigade look even more stupid.

Won't happen too many have it already that he's crap or we can get better than him so doesn't matter what he does. Said yesterday it's easy to say take the £3m for Sakala but it's harder to replace his contribution in terms of goals and assists with the minutes he's had in his time with us.

He isn't a £5 million player if that's what our valuation is I don't see anyone paying that.

If Burnley were willing to thrown £4 million at us we should have definitely looked to do a deal.
You're probably right but If we can squeeze more out of a deal for a player then im fine with that.

Some of the prices for players, in general, have been over the top. Id take an over-the-top price for Fashion.
Unless we have another player lined up Id keep him for now, Its good competition for Wright.

Last edited:
Grezda tbf came with a good reputation, I think the guy was just a bit of a helmet going by reports.

Simpson never on his cv or at any point looked like being ever capable of being a Rangers player.

That's not his fault btw, whoever sanctioned that move needs their baws booted.

Christ hope not for two reasons he isn’t good enough and he has had no pre season by the time he is up to speed in would be October and by then we will not need him at all.
In fact we do not need him at all now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back