The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Sakala has been slightly harshly treated by Gio.

I don't rate him, especially as he is not very technically gifted but neither is Matondo, who I think will be very frustrating player for us but Sakala deserves some respect for his goals & assists per minutes, which is actually not bad.

For me they are kind of similar and we don't need both.

So, I would be more than happy to take the £3M, add to it and try to tempt FCSB for Darius Olaru.
Matondo looks far more technically gifted than Sakala to me. He also seems to be much better off the ball in terms of pressing and tracking back, which is a glaring weakness in Sakala’s game and I think the one that frustrates Gio the most.

Ultimately I cannot really envisage a scenario in which Sakala ever becomes a first choice player for us and if we are getting offers around £3m then he’ll obviously move on.

I don't rate him, especially as he is not very technically gifted but neither is Matondo, who I think will be very frustrating player for us but Sakala deserves some respect for his goals & assists per minutes, which is actually not bad.

So, I would be more than happy to take the £3M, add to it and try to tempt FCSB for Darius Olaru.
Sakala is better than Matondo.

Sakala is more technically gifted than give credit for, and I suspect Matondo is as well. Do some seats at Ibrox face the back of the stadium?

Based on Matondo's limited showings so far, Sakala is probably a bigger goal threat, but a worse footballer than Matondo.

Although that being said I'd have Wright in the team before either of them.

Honest to %^*&, do people never learn about judging players instantly? It doesn't make you clever or edgy it just makes you look doolally.
Doolally loyal. Just my opinion. We all have one, and if yours differs from mine, that's perfectly acceptable too.

In any competitive match SO FAR, Matondo has been less than average. Offering absolutely zero threat of any kind. Again, just my opinion.

Doolally loyal. Just my opinion. We all have one, and if yours differs from mine, that's perfectly acceptable too.

In any competitive match SO FAR, Matondo has been less than average. Offering absolutely zero threat of any kind. Again, just my opinion.

ffs, theres opinions then theres pure fantasy stuff. you MIGHT be proven right, but right now that opinion of yours is based on absolutely %^*& all.

FTR im not convinced Matondo is the right fit for us, id have liked a more technically creative player rather than a speedster.

if we can get £3/4m for Sakala with a sell on I would take that. Buy cheap sell high doesn’t always have to be into double figures

Apart from the assist he got against Kilmarnock? He's played about 100 minutes of football so far.

Matondo is miles better than Sakala he has all Sakalas strengths but is a better finisher and a more controlled dribbler
Similar to those criticising Matondo, you can't surely have seen enough of Matondo to come to this conclusion.

Don't think we've seen enough of Matondo to compare him to anyone else, seems strange that we've signed a left winger to play him on the right though tbh.

Similar to those criticising Matondo, you can't surely have seen enough of Matondo to come to this conclusion.
It doesn't take long to see that he's has better ball control when dribbling than Sakala and he's also a good bit quicker( again one of Sakalas main strengths) I've watched Matondo in preseason and in his cameos recently against USG and Killie and everything I've seen points to him being a much better player than Sakala

You might end up correct re: Matondo but far too early to judge. Folk on here said Aribo was no better than Ejaria at first. Folk said Bassey was a dumpling too. Same will get said about Yilmaz at some point as well. You need to have patience with these players.

That has to be one of the most crazy posts even for this board.

Utterly ridiculous.

You sound surprised?!

There were a couple of posters had Colak written off 30 minutes into a pre season friendly against West Ham!

We have a fair few absolute mentalists in our support. Patience is most definitely not their strong point.
It's the 'below average performances' comments that are almost deflating, because they are not at all being fair to a player, a young player as well in this particular case as well it has to be said. As someone said somewhere about these kind of posts, they're not being "edgy" or anything; if that is the purpose of them anyway.

Based on Matondo's limited showings so far, Sakala is probably a bigger goal threat, but a worse footballer than Matondo.

Although that being said I'd have Wright in the team before either of them.

Matondo had a part to play in goals against Kilmarnock and Union Saint-Gilloise.

Don't remember Scott Wright playing a part in anything worthwhile thus far (4 games in).

Matondo had a part to play in goals against Kilmarnock and Union Saint-Gilloise.

Don't remember Scott Wright playing a part in anything worthwhile thus far (4 games in).
Which part to play was that? Unless being on the park equals a part to play that is.

Thought he was on the park for our second when it broke to Arfield but he replaced Arfield.

Still, involved in 1 goal is more than what both Wright and Sakala have offered at this early stage.
I'm far from Sakala's biggest fan, but his numbers for us in terms of goals is very respectable.

As yet, (I fully understand it is only around 100 mins of competitive football) I've yet to see much from Matondo to think he will be a significant upgrade on Sakala or Wright. Time will tell

With selling sakala you’re getting rid of 19 g/a from last season, that definitely needs replaced. The point on Matondo is slightly harsh, he’s young and still getting to grips with our game. We will see in a couple of months time if Matondo offers the same kind of output sakala offers.

The fact that Wright gets a game before him in the league is mind boggling tbh, Wright has very little end product. At least with sakala as much as he may be erratic, he has good output.

With selling sakala you’re getting rid of 19 g/a from last season, that definitely needs replaced. The point on Matondo is slightly harsh, he’s young and still getting to grips with our game. We will see in a couple of months time if Matondo offers the same kind of output sakala offers.

The fact that Wright gets a game before him in the league is mind boggling tbh, Wright has very little end product. At least with sakala as much as he may be erratic, he has good output.
Wright and Sakala aren't what we need and both will be upgraded if we managed to sell them both on.

Wright is predictable and lacks that end product where as Sakala can get a goal out of nothing despite his erratic style of play.

I don't think the management see either as long term options.

Fair chance we keep Wright and Sakala goes with a replacement coming in.

That's 2 managers in a row that haven't given Sakala a regular game. I think I'll go with their opinions.
Someone claimed on here the way gio has treated Katic has been awful.

Katic hasn’t been fancied by gio or gerrard and there’s a reason for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back