The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the poor quality photos (if they even work) but any suggestions as to who this might be?
Saw him with a group of people in the car park tonight, and a well known and well liked ex player of ours was saying to him “congratulations, its an amazing club, grab the opportunity and make the most of it”

(White jacket in the top photo)

thats Trent Alexander Arnold, 87.5% sure

Sell sakala and we 100% need to bring in a replacement for him. Wright doesn’t have enough consistent end product and should be 4th choice winger.

Katic and Kelly still to go as well.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Roofe, Sakala and Kamara leave and us bring in another couple of players.

Sell sakala and we 100% need to bring in a replacement for him. Wright doesn’t have enough consistent end product and should be 4th choice winger.

He is nowhere near the team and won't ever be under Gio at this point. I don't think a replacement would be happening.

Matondo and Wright would be your right wingers.

If it's 3 million, take the money and buy a new keeper. Put to bed this nonsense situation that's going on currently.

Selling Sakala for £3 million and Kamara for £10 million plus would be fantastic business. We look in good shape but being greedy I’d love a starting centre midfielder who will play alongside Lundstram week in week out.

He is nowhere near the team and won't ever be under Gio at this point. I don't think a replacement would be happening.

If it's 3 million, take the money and buy a new keeper. Put to bed this nonsense situation that's going on currently.
First impressions of Matondo are not overly impressive. Wright, has something to offer from the bench, much like Sakala for me.

Selling Sakala for £3 million and Kamara for £10 million plus would be fantastic business. We look in good shape but being greedy I’d love a starting centre midfielder who will play alongside Lundstram week in week out.
If only there was 2 John Lundstram’s

Yip.
I just think, over the course of the season, Sakala would offer us more.
He'd certainly be available more often.

Sakala made 50 app's last season, Roofe only 36

but their minutes arent to far apart, Roofe 1845, Sakala 2182

both had the same amount of goal interactions, at 19, although Roofe scored more, 17 to Sakalas 12

all in all, they are pretty even when it comes to what they offer

the season before , roofe had an almost identical season to last, 36 apps, 2126 mins, 18 goals

the problem is we dont know if Roofe will have another 36 games season or not

both had the same amount of goal interactions, at 19, although Roofe scored more, 17 to Sakalas 12

the season before , roofe had an almost identical season to last, 36 apps, 2126 mins, 18 goals

Exactly!

At best, both players would be third choice. If that is the case, it would be in everyone's interest to move on.

Interested to hear Simon Jordan say on Talksport that he had watched some of the Rangers match last night. (He’d need to have paid his £9.99 surely)

I dont particularly listen nor know how often Jordan watches us.

But it was weird that he showed up to Ibrox with Jim White for an old firm game then signed Odsonne Edouard for Palace a few days later.
Jordan hasn't been involved at Palace for years.

Interested to hear Simon Jordan say on Talksport that he had watched some of the Rangers match last night. (He’d need to have paid his £9.99 surely)

I dont particularly listen nor know how often Jordan watches us.

But it was weird that he showed up to Ibrox with Jim White for an old firm game then signed Odsonne Edouard for Palace a few days later.

Usually speaks highly of us

£3m for Sakala, yes please!

Bring in a replacement who Gio likes and away we go.

After being subbed on and off again in the final it’s clear he isn’t in the mix.

Or he just wasn't in the plans to take a penalty so took him off and replaced him with a player who was brought onto do just that?

Sakala's minutes to goals ratio is a goal every 2 games we'll be lucky to replace that for £3m never mind find a player who isn't going to regularly feature and produce the same return.

Wright isn’t good enough and shouldn’t be relied upon to be back up right winger. I agree about a new gk but that’s not happening when we have three gk’s on the books. It will
Be next season we will bring in a gk most likely I would imagine unless McLaughlin plays really well this season which in terms of shot stopping, he’s been fine.

If we're getting £3M for a player who isn't in the managers plans and we got on a free 12 months ago it's a no brainer really.

I'd have Sakala ahead of Wright and as a back up option behind Kent but I ain't the manager.

It's not really a nonsense situation that we are in. Was it right to extended Mcgregor's contract? No are we going to sign a new keeper and carry 4 goalkeepers? No. If a new keeper was coming in the door it would have been done by now. Mclaughlin doesn't get a new 2 year deal in February or signs it if he was going to potentially be a number 3 and Mcgregor certainly doesn't continue to be that either.

It's done now and we need to move on from it.

Players I'd like to see leave..

Katic & Kelly - need moved on.

Sakala - clearly not in the managers plans.

Roofe & Helander - constant sick notes but injury will probably stop any moves.

Kamara - I'd sell if there's any interest for anything over £10M. Replace with a cretive CM to play alongside Lundstram.

I still feel there's more twists and turn for us before the window shuts.

Suprised so many want a no8 box to box . I think tillman could be perfect there

Lundstram - 6
Tillman - 8
Lawrence - 10

Jack/Davis back up Lundstram
Kamara back up to tillman (also arfield )
Lowry/hagi back up to Lawrence and tillman can play there if needed

Talk of bringing in a keeper with any transfer fee we get for Sakala is nonsense!
We will in all likelihood look at a new keeper next season. Sakala- if sold would be replaced by a striker in the mould of GVB’s choosing

I think that Sakala has been slightly harshly treated by Gio.

I don't rate him, especially as he is not very technically gifted but neither is Matondo, who I think will be very frustrating player for us but Sakala deserves some respect for his goals & assists per minutes, which is actually not bad.

For me they are kind of similar and we don't need both.

So, I would be more than happy to take the £3M, add to it and try to tempt FCSB for Darius Olaru.

If we're getting £3M for a player who isn't in the managers plans and we got on a free 12 months ago it's a no brainer really.

I'd have Sakala ahead of Wright and as a back up option behind Kent but I ain't the manager.

I think Wright is helped because he is Scottish, so fits the criteria for the Euro squads. So long as he is a backup option, 3rd/4th choice for his position, I think we will keep him instead of Sakala/or other who may not be able to be named in Euro squad due to the number of foreign players we have ahead of him in the pecking order.

Why is this fat freak being tipped off about Rangers goings-onhe
He has official media links

I rate Sakala probably higher than most, but I think it’s clear that Gio doesn’t.

He has 3 players ahead of him as a striker and probably the same out on the wings.

If we can squeeze £4 million out of Burnley and reinvest it on either a right winger (left footed) or a box-to-box midfielder then I’d be delighted.
Agreed. Or use the cash to keep Kent and Alfie.

I think that Sakala has been slightly harshly treated by Gio.

I don't rate him, especially as he is not very technically gifted but neither is Matondo, who I think will be very frustrating player for us but Sakala deserves some respect for his goals & assists per minutes, which is actually not bad.

For me they are kind of similar and we don't need both.

So, I would be more than happy to take the £3M, add to it and try to tempt FCSB for Darius Olaru.

Im not sure where this conclusion has come from he looks technically sound to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back