The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said earlier in this thread I'd love Rangers to sign Tijjani Reijnders from Alkmaar and his showing tonight shows why.

Exactly what we're missing.

I thought we had been linked with him in past, possible seen your post before then. Sitting on a hat trick, likes a shot from outside box

In fairness, we've seen both of them set up goals with great passes and score crackers from outside the box too.

And players like Tillman and Lawrence will add to that.
Think Jack & Kamara have scored 3 goals between them outside the box as far as I can recall.

The boy is a player. Pulls strings and breaks the lines with passes.

From outside the box? Kamara v Leipzig and Jack v Killie & Hearts.

What am I missing?

Kamara also scored from outside the box against Benfica, Motherwell and Livi from memory.

Jack scored away to Motherwell and Hamilton from outside the box. Possibly, but I'm not sure, one of the goals against Ross County as well.

And those are just from memory, others may remember some I'm forgetting.

Kamara also scored from outside the box against Benfica, Motherwell and Livi from memory.

Jack scored away to Motherwell and Hamilton from outside the box. Possibly, but I'm not sure, one of the goals against Ross County as well.

I can understand fans wanting more goals from midfield but that shouldn't take away from all the great work both players have done for us previously.

Unfortunately due to injury and the current staff way of playing both might have more limited games with us now.

They dont do it enough thats the point. once a season isnt good enough. How many assists do they have aswell?

A goalscoring number 8 is exactly what we are missing.

on the daily update today they mentioned Jack Simpson was on a 5 figure weekly wage. I find it incredible we gave him that on a 4.5 year contract

Great news he has gone
Could have been 450.75 pence a week. That’s 5 figures.

Probably not the 5 figures he was on right enough.

Fair play, forgot Motherwell & Benfica regarding Kamara.

Clearly Gio rates sakala more than some on here think if he’s not selling at that price. Sakala will have a part to play throughout the season, he was a player who was very rarely injured last season as well from what I remember. So will step in when people pick up injuries as well.
Likes him that much he put him on in the Europa league final then subbed him off again.

He’s also not played a second of competitive action this season.

Matondo scored 10 goals last season in Belgium

Sakala scored 16 in his season before joining us

Sakala scored more than Kent last season, does that mean he's better (though they play different roles and are different type of players?) or is that only a factor when you have an agenda?

Sell Sakala and Katic and get the likes of Kelly and McCrorie out on loan and hopefully we will be able to bring in one more player of real quality, especially if we qualify for the CL.

A midfielder to play alongside Lundstram would be my choice, somebody that can play forward into the final third. Somebody like Billy Gilmour would be perfect if a bit out of our reach.
Unlikely to be able to sell Katic, I still think Kamara could go before the window slams shut.

Jack scored from outside the box against Livingston as well.

Jack’s scored a decent amount from out the box, his goal against killie at Ibrox on the volley and possibly hearts in the cup final? I’m sure both goals against county were from outside the box

Unlikely to be able to sell Katic, I still think Kamara could go before the window slams shut.
I think he will move on as well , we should get a decent fee for him invest correctly and it’s a win win situation.
It’s time for him to move, Lundstram has the jersey, Davis is there for another year, Sands will play and McCann will come through. Besides that he has been at Rangers for quite some time and needs to move for him as well I would think.
Katic will go for around what we paid for him I think.

They dont do it enough thats the point. once a season isnt good enough. How many assists do they have aswell?

A goalscoring number 8 is exactly what we are missing.

I was debating the point with regards the player mentioned, Reijnders.

Using transfermarkt, Kamara scored 4 goals and had 4 assists last season. Reijnders scored 6 goals and had 2 assists.

My point was that we too often dismiss what our players do as someone else would be the new, shiney thing we haven't seen the weaknesses in yet. Reijnders may very well be a cracking player, but so is Glen Kamara.

Goalscoring number 8s are hard to find, the demand outstrips the supply I reckon.

Using transfermarkt, Kamara scored 4 goals and had 4 assists last season. Reijnders scored 6 goals and had 2 assists.

My point was that we too often dismiss what our players do as someone else would be the new, shiney thing we haven't seen the weaknesses in yet. Reijnders may very well be a cracking player, but so is Glen Kamara.

Goalscoring number 8s are hard to find, the demand outstrips the supply I reckon.
Kamara is a unbelievable player when he's playing in matches where he can excel, such as in Europa league.

When playing against teams such as Dundee united at Ibrox he struggles.

He doesn't break the lines or try the killer ball anywhere near enough in those type of games.

I think he will move on as well , we should get a decent fee for him invest correctly and it’s a win win situation.
It’s time for him to move, Lundstram has the jersey, Davis is there for another year, Sands will play and McCann will come through. Besides that he has been at Rangers for quite some time and needs to move for him as well I would think.
Katic will go for around what we paid for him I think.
Not sure we will get £2million for Katic. The question is what do we do if there are no offers before the end of the window, pay off?

Not sure we will get £2million for Katic. The question is what do we do if there are no offers before the end of the window, pay off?
Not sure we paid as much as that thought it was between £1-1.5m.
Either way no we do not pay off, doubt he will be here either sold or loaned.

If Simpson can go to Cardiff & David Bates can get a move to Legia Warsaw I can assure you Katic will do OK in finding a club for a fee.
Bates’ move fell through much to sheep’s annoyance
Not sure we paid as much as that thought it was between £1-1.5m.
Either way no we do not pay off, doubt he will be here either sold or loaned.
Thank goodness the Bain era of pay offs is over

Kamara is a unbelievable player when he's playing in matches where he can excel, such as in Europa league.

When playing against teams such as Dundee united at Ibrox he struggles.

He doesn't break the lines or try the killer ball anywhere near enough in those type of games.
Yeah, he has a bit of the Hemdani's about him in that you probably wouldn't want him playing tomorrow v St Johnstone but he would surely be in most of our teams v PSV.

£4m for Sakala isn't worth it. We're in a position where we don't need to sell if we don't want, or unless a silly offer comes in. Sakala is good for ~15-20 goal contributions a season (as in, goals and assists) that's worth way more than £4m.

It's clear Good doesn't want us to have individual talisman when it comes to goals. We won't have 1 or 2 strikers with 25+ goals a season, instead we well 6 or 7 players from all over the park with 10-15 goals a season. Sakala absolutely can have a part to play in that kind of setup.

What Kamara does flies right over the heads of a great many at times, which is typical of what happens with a great many midfielders.

were not playing with an 8 this season so why are people wanting one?

looks to me were more 4-2-3-1 so you want two holding cms in their. Lawrence, Tillman and Hagi will all play that centre role over the season at times.

see this absolute hard on for soeone who can shoot outside the box, does my fucking tits in.

also Lowry will hopefulyl see game time in that role

were not playing with an 8 this season so why are people wanting one?

looks to me were more 4-2-3-1 so you want two holding cms in their. Lawrence, Tillman and Hagi will all play that centre role over the season at times.

see this absolute hard on for soeone who can shoot outside the box, does my fucking tits in.

also Lowry will hopefulyl see game time in that role

I reckon after Tuesday we may see more of Lawrence playing that number 8 role as such in a number of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back