Alfie not going to Eindhoven

It is possible to try and understand it without actually defending him.

He caused this because he got sent off? if that was the case that his red on Saturday caused that is f*cking ridiculous.

If his attitude is that bad, and has been that bad why was he brought on on Saturday?

If his fitness is that far off, why is he being brought on? Why is Ryan Jack playing?

It's not all adding up.
Of course it adds up. He has obviously been borderline with his attitude and then Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back.His fitness has been poor and we have been trying to build his match fitness up iup by giving him minutes off the bench.

Its clearly not with other players though so its not a stretch to think Morelos and his reaction or attitude has been a factor in this.

i love Morelos as a player and hope he comes back and plays like he can but I doubt Gio does this without justification is my point.

Right it's not going to be the reaction with others, why? because that would be utterly daft.

As someone who doesn't simply put folks on a pedestal, and can see the likely impact on the players value if nothing else, then to me, this whole handling is questionable as f*ck

Of course it adds up. He has obviously been borderline with his attitude and then Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back.His fitness has been poor and we have been trying to build his match fitness up iup by giving him minutes off the bench.

Nah, that is still mental to me

A manager has basically asked him Saturday to help him win a game for him, felt the relationship that strong, and by Tuesday we are actively taking part in briefings that dent the players value.

That's not adding up to me, on the park Morelos has very rarely actually let the manager down and worked with him a very limited amount of time by the time you factor in that managers arrival and the summer spent away

Right it's not going to be the reaction with others, why? because that would be utterly daft.

As someone who doesn't simply put folks on a pedestal, and can see the likely impact on the players value if nothing else, then to me, this whole handling is questionable as f*ck
probably because other dont have to be called out by two managers and have had similar sendings off and issues in the past?

I totally get where you are coming from on the timing and stuff like that but something has obviously happened that has pissed off management enough for this to happen.

Maybe Gio has f*cked up but doubt he puts himself in this position for nothing.

A manager has basically asked him Saturday to help us win a game and by Tuesday we have actively taken part in a briefing that dents his value.

That's not adding up to me, on the park Morelos has very rarely actually let the manager down and worked with him a very limited amount of time by the time you factor in that managers arrival and the summer spent away
In the words of Kris Boyd. . . 'I'm surprised this action wasn't taken over a week ago by what i've been hearing'

It's clear as day his attitude has been rotten lately.

What would be the brave approach then? Act like a fan in an interview and lose the plot? Make statements about sporting integrity that we’ve roundly mocked for years? Or complain within the channels available which we did? I’m also not sure how Rangers need a scapegoat for the weekend, we drew a game at a traditionally difficult venue with some extreme circumstances, how can we possibly need a scapegoat for that? Who are we trying to appease?
Wtf we playing 20 questions now?

No one's asking anyone to be brave or lose the plot. I'm saying it's gutless of our manager and some others at the club to publicly criticise one of our own when the real culprits for what happened at the weekend go under the radar.

The question is why was he laughing?
Seemed to me he was laughing in disbelief at Collum red carding him. After all it happened just minutes after Alfie had been giving Collum verbals for his sending off of Lundstram. That at least seems a plausible explanation, more so than the suggestion he was delighting at leaving the team in the lurch.

A manager has basically asked him Saturday to help him win a game for him, felt the relationship that strong, and by Tuesday we are actively taking part in briefings that dent the players value.

Came on the pitch on Saturday, kicked someone, got away with it, swung an arm at someone else, got sent off.

Sunday he turns up late to a recovery session and since then he hasn't been in at Auchenhowie (according to Goldson).

In the words of Kris Boyd. . . 'I'm surprised this action wasn't taken over a week ago by what i've been hearing'

It's clear as day his attitude has been rotten lately.
How shit is that then that we have people in our team gossiping to Boyd about our training and whats happening or not happening. He also has a brass neck criticising for Alfie over weight or attitude given his behaviour with PLG.

probably because other dont have to be called out by two managers and have had similar sendings off and issues in the past?

I totally get where you are coming from on the timing and stuff like that but something has obviously happened that has pissed off management enough for this to happen.

Maybe Gio has f*cked up but doubt he puts himself in this position for nothing.

How far back does that go then?

Ryan Jack had issues with picking up reds, he f*cked the first time he gets a red?

I would expect a coach to judge a player based on when they walk in the door not before.

Seemed to me he was laughing in disbelief at Collum red carding him. After all it happened just minutes after Alfie had been giving Collum verbals for his sending off of Lundstram. That at least seems a plausible explanation, more so than the suggestion he was delighting at leaving the team in the lurch.
Exactly! He was laughing at the absurdity of him being sent off for a yellow card offence when, Hibs players were booting the crap out of our players and some didn't even get a talking too , never mind a yellow or red card!

How shit is that then that we have people in our team gossiping to Boyd about our training and whats happening or not happening. He also has a brass neck criticising for Alfie over weight or attitude given his behaviour with PLG.
Almost as bad as immature fans having a wee fanny fart because they think Morelos is bigger than the club and can do whatever he wants.

What would be the brave approach then? Act like a fan in an interview and lose the plot? Make statements about sporting integrity that we’ve roundly mocked for years? Or complain within the channels available which we did? I’m also not sure how Rangers need a scapegoat for the weekend, we drew a game at a traditionally difficult venue with some extreme circumstances, how can we possibly need a scapegoat for that? Who are we trying to appease?
He clearly is. Morelos is the easiest target in Scotland to rip into, not like anyone else is going to defend him they will all join in. Would have taken more balls to mention the officials as there would be some backlash from every beast club puppet in the media and other rats in this country.
Also If Morelos has been so unprofessional and out of order then why has he been included in squads right up until Hibs and is now all of a sudden being slated publicly now?
Surely if that has been the case he shouldn't have been in the squad at all

If he was in disbelief that he was sent off for lashing his arm into a defenders face then he has an even bigger problem. This was just after he was lucky to get away with a kick out on the touchline.

Almost as bad as immature fans having a wee fanny fart because they think Morelos is bigger than the club and can do whatever he wants.
Nobody thinks Alfie is bigger than the club, but some can see he shouldnt have been sent off and have the opinion the club could have dealt with this matter much better than they have.

Anyone who thinks that is the issue is miles off it. Players will talk to pals, family and ex players ets at every club.

The only issue here is Morelos

Came on the pitch on Saturday, kicked someone, got away with it, swung an arm at someone else, got sent off.

Sunday he turns up late to a recovery session and since then he hasn't been in at Auchenhowie (according to Goldson).

It wasn't "someone else" both those actions happened in the same incident, and while daft it could just has easily not been a red

“We are very focused. We trained without Morelos the last few days. The players are training well, we have had good meetings and were prepared.

“For me it’s a decision I made but I am looking forward to the task ahead and my players have the same feeling.”

The manager has clearly spoken to Morelos rather than him just f*cking off attending

How far back does that go then?

Ryan Jack had issues with picking up reds, he f*cked the first time he gets a red?

I would expect a coach to judge a player based on when they walk in the door not before.
I don't think Morelos has ever been sent off for a tackle has he?

His red cards are for petulance and lashing out etc and that has to be different to Ryan Jack making a bad tackle.

Surely Morelos pissed you off on Saturday watching that? And was a huge factor in us dropping points?

It needs to stop at some point.

I don't think Morelos has ever been sent off for a tackle has he?

His red cards are for petulance and lashing out etc and that has to be different to Ryan Jack making a bad tackle.

Surely Morelos pissed you off on Saturday watching that? And was a huge factor in us dropping points?

It needs to stop at some point.

Ahh but it is a red card eh so f*ck it, who cares about context

I was as equally p*ssed off by

Our passive sh*t football played for the first half when we turned down shots and played it around at the back to the point it can make me want to stop watching a thing I love.

I would have been p*ssed off had Hibs actually been given a penalty when Tav clearly f*cking pulled someone down in the box, what then? Would Morelos get to call Tav stupid for that equal level of sh*t discipline?

The utterly p*sh pass Borna gave Goldson that in turn could have lead to a red for him p*ssed me off.

I was p*ssed off watching a clearly out of shape (Morelos isn't the only one) Ryan Jack kept on for the full 90 minutes as he lost runners and kept losing possession

I was p*ssed off that we surrendered half the football pitch for 20 minutes.

Morelos made a sh*t decision, he wasn't alone in that

These sh*t decisions also need to stop at some point

You may well be right, in fact I suspect you are.
Where is the need to have it played out in public in the 48hrs before such a vital game?

It was coming out anyway. Nothing is private in football, especially not at Rangers and in Glasgow.

If anything, the Club have done well to contain it over the past couple of weeks.

Or the manager was borderline with him then his attitude on Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back.

So something like,

look he is f*cking unfit, his attitude is sh*te and in reality we can't be arsed with him, aye f*ck it, lets chuck him on here.

Aye, I am not sold on that thought process either TBH

" lashing his arm into the defenders face! seriously! that's just nonsense!

He barely touched the Hibs player!
Defending the indefensible springs to mind.

Makes you wonder if it was so cut and dried why we didn’t even bother to appeal it? We appealed Lundstram and won.

Defending the indefensible springs to mind.

Makes you wonder if it was so cut and dried why we didn’t even bother to appeal it? We appealed Lundstram and won.
We should have appealed it. When you get Rangers hater Walker even saying Alfie's was a yellow card offence and never a Red card then it makes you wonder why we didnt.

Lol
Only for last season, really?

He did pretty well the season we won the league most would say ie season before last.
Not sure to what extent I agree with this.

While he did have some input in it, I think the performances of McGregor, Tav, Borna, Roofe & Davis were far more instrumental in that league win. We probably still only got 1/2 a season out of Morelos that season

A manager can take so much. Sunday was the tipping point, i don't think thats too hard to digest?

I wouldn't say the relationship between the two has even lasted long enough for it to be close to being "so much" before even considering what Morelos has done on the park for the manager personally.

Eh?. . . . This is about his attitude as a whole.

"[Alfredo] has worked hard in the last weeks to be ready for the game today. It was his first game in five months and but I am happy is there as he gives us something extra, and you saw also the reception he got from the fans.

Those aren't my words by the way, they are the words of the manager, this month

If he was in disbelief that he was sent off for lashing his arm into a defenders face then he has an even bigger problem. This was just after he was lucky to get away with a kick out on the touchline.
If you call that a 'lashing' you have a problem with Morelos and/or hyperbole.

The red would never be overturned but as violent conduct goes it was borderline. One of those 'aye but he lifted his hand do can't complain' soft reds. Take a look at what happened to Lowry last night and compare and contrast.

"[Alfredo] has worked hard in the last weeks to be ready for the game today. It was his first game in five months and but I am happy is there as he gives us something extra, and you saw also the reception he got from the fans.

Those aren't my words by the way
You obviously din't know how football works mate. At that point Gio has decided to give him and his attitude the benefit of the doubt, another chance if you like. He then produces what he did on Saturday and enough was enough.

It's not rocket science

Back