The Louden: Elsewhere

The owners of Rasoi, and round about are bears.

Is Carriages closed now? Did they show the games previously?

They fucked up the Eagle Lodge in the Briggs for the football when they bought it over.

Good bears too.

It's still open but they don't show the football. Actually, they maybe show the Champions League games on BT sport, but it's a bit posh for a sing song and a good roar when we score!

The old bank building at the station would have been brilliant for a sports bar but it looks like it's going to be another pharmacy!

@Robert Marshall bit off topic here.

Im giving my boy my liverpool ticket for Ibrox though due to his age im walking him upto the turnstyle at 7.30pm then collecting him outside turnstyle along with his cousin at fulltime.

Will there be enough time for me to get down and into the louden to watch game or do doors close at certain time??

The Louden concept is fantastic.

So, the question is, do other clubs and especially EPL clubs have anything similar and very close to their grounds?

Because, if they don't, then there is a massive business opportunity for a 'Louden style' pub serving their supporters.
That’s the idea I like a lot. A pal was looking at The Chelsea Pensioner in London for Chelsea fans. Idea was to just buy up pubs solely near stadiums to run as a teams local. The Louden does that perfectly.

It's a decent location, but IMO, you would need to knock it down and rebuild it
I don;t think the layout is fit for the purpose

I know what you mean with the logistics and set up inside, but even knocking a few walls away and making bigger bars up stair and down stair it’s got the potential, same as out the back there’s plenty of space.

A lot of money to renovate it would be needed as you said if you had the money to bull doze and change the lay out it would be even better than it could be currently all though it wouldn’t take knocking it down to make it better than it currently is at the moment.

I spoke too a few lads about New York and Toronto, they don't think there would be a big enough appetite for it

In New York City the market would be for a Yankees themed pub close to the stadium. Baseball teams play a lot of games at home so the commercial opportunity is there. Not just in New York, but Boston as well.

I first went to Orlando in 1996, loved the Place, and wanted to go there and open a 'British ' Pub
But my wife thought our kids were at the wrong age
Plenty of potential customers out there

You’d probably also get a decent custom from non Gers fans looking for a quality ‘British’ bar to watch games.

The owners of Rasoi, and round about are bears.

Is Carriages closed now? Did they show the games previously?

They fucked up the Eagle Lodge in the Briggs for the football when they bought it over.

Good bears too.
Carriages still open but more like an All Bar One these days.

The Golden Pheasant shows football and is mainly Bears

Somewhere abroad. you see how busy the Ibrox bar in tenerife etc is. right county aboard with the famous loudan name you will make a mint pal

was this Simons Bar?
Symons was 2 doors down right on corner

The problem with a second Glasgow location is whether you end up diluting the custom of the original Louden.

Definitely in Glasgow City centre Robert.

We are vastly outnumbered by mentally challenged slop houses and there would be a big market for a Rangers pub in the toon, maybe serving meals during the day up til about 7pm with videos playing of old classic games/ goals and completed by cultural tunes playing in the background.
Unfortunately the mentalists would target the pub, like oswalds and toby jug, just not worth the hassle unless it's a big un busy with bears. Wetherspoon sized city centre for me if we forget the negatives.

Back