Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed more like he was trying to get the attention of someone refusing to face him but obvs you cannot make those kind of gestures or movements regardless.

A loss of control and surely he cannot continue at the Club.

Just saw the Celtic goal on the news, what was the keeper doing?

Women's football is pretty poor but they can put some good passing moves together but every game I've watched the keepers have been awful.

Hivers had the worst of the lot, this one of ours is not far behind.

Souness does that he’s lorded
Youth coach does that the majority want the guy sacked

Sad wee world some live in now , bring back the good old days

Shame we couldn’t hold on for a vital 3 points but it would still have just papered over the cracks in what has been a disappointing season imo.

It was an encouraging first 45 mins in which we played with intensity, got the ball forward quickly and pressed all over the park. Unfortunately second half we reverted to type against the top two this season where we stood off them, the intensity dropped and we seemed content to just try and keep possession even if it meant going back the way allowing Celtic to press us. On this season’s evidence we don’t have the players particularly against City and Celtic to execute a possession based play out from the back type of football that clearly we are being coached to play. A lot of the chances and goals we lose v the top two are caused by our own poor possession play.

The bottom line for me is we are asking the Women to play a type of football some are just not good enough to execute. We look over coached to a degree if you will. However we do have some very good players and the youngsters coming through look as though they will improve us going forward. For now though we just have to win the big games regardless of how we play doing it.

We need to secure second place now and pick up the Scottish Cup to end the season strongly. We are certainly good enough to do it on last night’s first 45 mins showing providing we cut out the unforced sloppy passing.

To those who are now polluting this thread with negative comments on the standard of women’s football can I suggest you leave the rest of us to it.

Women's football is pretty poor but they can put some good passing moves together but every game I've watched the keepers have been awful.

What were the defenders doing. Ball bounced through the back line before the keeper had her mare to add in.

Second half was a shocking standard. I’ll be kind and say it’s down to a lack of fitness. It’s was so scrappy with continual basic errors

Agreed, but it also needs to be said that pitches like last night don’t help the standard, nor help to promote the game.

I am fully aware there’s very little cash around, but some of the pitches & stadia look totally amateurish. England is a different kettle of fish & I would imagine any decent players here aspire to play there, in fact just like the men’s game…

Admin, can we start handing out bans to people who keep coming in to the threads on the women's team and telling us how shite the standard is.

It's tedious as %^*& and there is absolutely no need for it, it just bogs up the threads for those of us who actually want to talk about the game.

A total shambles of an ending to a relatively good game I thought. I can’t believe how bad our game management was in the last few minutes. I knew when the ball got punted up they’d score

Isn’t that what the Motherwell player did in the play-offs? Blind sided our player

Just shoved Moshni when he refused a handshake did he not? Who then hooked and volleyed him :D

Better comparison would be Pardew who rapped the nut (or attempted to) in a Hull player and can’t remember any repercussions

Can’t condone it though, need to be professional and that was anything but and he’ll no doubt pay the price

Just shoved Moshni when he refused a handshake did he not? Who then hooked and volleyed him :D

Better comparison would be Pardew who rapped the nut (or attempted to) in a Hull player and can’t remember any repercussions

Can’t condone it though, need to be professional and that was anything but and he’ll no doubt pay the price
I have seen many a game with footballers doing this and nothing is done at all and no mass hysteria in the media either. I have also seen mass hysteria with calls for Police Scotland to investigate but, if they did nothing about this then a barely there attempt a headbutt should see zero action and not even worthy of any Investigation

Thought we played well in the first half last night then reverted to type in these games against that lot and Glasgow. Sat too deep at times in the 2nd half and left Howatt isolated upfront herself with very little support.

Could see that type of goal coming last night with Jenna Fife was 2 or 3 times she got or nearly got caught day dreaming on the ball but it was a collective mistake with the goal itself so can't really blame her outright. League is gone for them now all about trying to beat the tims into 2nd for the champions league spot.

Time to end this pointless venture and use the money for our first team. We don’t need to be making a loss on women’s football that no one cares about.
You maybe don't loads of us do, if you don't like the woman's game fine, but don't make out that none cares, christ we were even arguing about the result last night, that shows loads of us care.

Admin, can we start handing out bans to people who keep coming in to the threads on the women's team and telling us how shite the standard is.

It's tedious as %^*& and there is absolutely no need for it, it just bogs up the threads for those of us who actually want to talk about the game.
All those clever lads trying to outdo each other with their increasingly insulting comparisons - under 15s…under 12s…under 8s - why not set up a thread where you can all share your “thoughts and ideas” and leave the rest of us woke hunks to support a Rangers team in its infancy and deserving of a wee bit of encouragement.

(I’d include the big tough guys who deem it necessary to call the opposition “slags” and “bitches”…sitting at their computer)

Shame we couldn’t hold on for a vital 3 points but it would still have just papered over the cracks in what has been a disappointing season imo.

It was an encouraging first 45 mins in which we played with intensity, got the ball forward quickly and pressed all over the park. Unfortunately second half we reverted to type against the top two this season where we stood off them, the intensity dropped and we seemed content to just try and keep possession even if it meant going back the way allowing Celtic to press us. On this season’s evidence we don’t have the players particularly against City and Celtic to execute a possession based play out from the back type of football that clearly we are being coached to play. A lot of the chances and goals we lose v the top two are caused by our own poor possession play.

The bottom line for me is we are asking the Women to play a type of football some are just not good enough to execute. We look over coached to a degree if you will. However we do have some very good players and the youngsters coming through look as though they will improve us going forward. For now though we just have to win the big games regardless of how we play doing it.

We need to secure second place now and pick up the Scottish Cup to end the season strongly. We are certainly good enough to do it on last night’s first 45 mins showing providing we cut out the unforced sloppy passing.

To those who are now polluting this thread with negative comments on the standard of women’s football can I suggest you leave the rest of us to it.

there are some valid points but it all boils down to Thomson not being very good

he has a habit of playing favourites & his substitutions are often utterly bizarre
taking off players who are doing well in a game, breaking up patterns we have success with

and last night - taking off the lynchpin DM in a game he was clearly trying to hold onto a lead with

he appears clueless and the win last season looks more like "stars aligning" rather than any sort of indication of coaching ability

Pardew got got fined £100,000 and given a formal warning by Newcastle and copped a 7 match ban and £60,000 fine from the FA.

Like watching the same game on repeat from us this season. Decent spells, no cutting edge, retreating as the game goes on and lose a stupid goal. Management has got to change in the Summer, it's an area where we are glaringly behind the curve.

As for Fyfe. It's the same mistake being made a few times now.

People who are talking about how poor the standard is, are discussing the game.

Why don’t we start banning members who clog up threads discussing how bad the first team are?

We’d have no members within a week.

Like watching the same game on repeat from us this season. Decent spells, no cutting edge, retreating as the game goes on and lose a stupid goal. Management has got to change in the Summer, it's an area where we are glaringly behind the curve.

As for Fyfe. It's the same mistake being made a few times now.

got the new zealand goalkeeper sitting on the bench too
he has to go now IMO

First half dominated but couldn’t score or make pressure count. First 7-8 minutes Celtic never got out their half. Didn’t create many clear cut chances. Keepers didn’t have many saves to make. Ones they did were routine and would be expecting a keeper to make.

Second half not sure if we over exerted ourselves in first half but fell out of it and could pass or hold onto the ball which let them back in.

Last minute goal probably wasn’t helped either that we down to 10, couldn’t make a sub and missing Martinez and that’s where the ball came through. Not reorganised Anne misread a bounce of the ball and they are through. They had been trying that for most of her second half where we started getting them offside then they started beating the trap.

If we can improve fitness to allow us to play like the first half for the full game will improve us going forward for ret of this year and into next.

First half dominated but couldn’t score or make pressure count. First 7-8 minutes Celtic never got out their half. Didn’t create many clear cut chances. Keepers didn’t have many saves to make. Ones they did were routine and would be expecting a keeper to make.

Second half not sure if we over exerted ourselves in first half but fell out of it and could pass or hold onto the ball which let them back in.

Last minute goal probably wasn’t helped either that we down to 10, couldn’t make a sub and missing Martinez and that’s where the ball came through. Not reorganised Anne misread a bounce of the ball and they are through. They had been trying that for most of her second half where we started getting them offside then they started beating the trap.

If we can improve fitness to allow us to play like the first half for the full game will improve us going forward for ret of this year and into next.
Yes - very weak efforts on goal in the first twenty minutes when Celtic were all over the place.

You ever seen a match thread for the mens team when we've dropped points?

People who are talking about how poor the standard is, are discussing the game.

Why don’t we start banning members who clog up threads discussing how bad the first team are?

We’d have no members within a week.
There is a difference. People who are criticising the first team aren't talking about "men's football is shite" or "Rangers should withdraw the funding for the first team", they are referring to specific players or incidents not the whole concept of men playing football.

Some people think women are shite at football; some people think women will always be shite at football. However, it's a little bit tedious when they pollute the one thread set up for people who don't think this and who want to discuss the Rangers Women's team's season, rather than generically mock the standard or entertain us all with who they'd "give one to" as they sit at their computers.

I watched the game.
The standard was pish.

They'll throw the book at McPherson. We won't see the media saying that he was " goaded " into such behaviour as they did with the bottle throwing peasants at Anfield either. Something must have happened to make anyone do something so stupid.
That’s what I was thinking. Even the Celtic manager doesn’t want McPherson banned. It’s as if there is more to this and he doesn’t want the full story to come out. Strange reaction from the Rangers coach.

That’s what I was thinking. Even the Celtic manager doesn’t want McPherson banned. It’s as if there is more to this and he doesn’t want the full story to come out. Strange reaction from the Rangers coach.

Something definitely happened, and Rangers should say so. The don't complain, never explain policy from Ibrox doesn't work. Nobody randomly sticks the nut on someone for no reason.

I saw his interview and thought he was fairly jovial about the whole thing. Maybe just delighted they had equalised.

This is my theory of what has happened. This Celtic manager is a well know little rat and I think all through the game he would be loudly moaning and whinging and using language that could be heard by the Rangers bench and at the end when they scored I do think he said something sectarian and this has been heard by the Rangers bench and he has been fuming and reacted.

Personally, I think he should have got him in the tunnel away from TV cameras and tackled him then for what has annoyed him so much. This is going to be blown out of all proportion now.

This is my theory of what has happened. This Celtic manager is a well know little rat and I think all through the game he would be loudly moaning and whinging and using language that could be heard by the Rangers bench and at the end when they scored I do think he said something sectarian and this has been heard by the Rangers bench and he has been fuming and reacted.

Personally, I think he should have got him in the tunnel away from TV cameras and tackled him then for what has annoyed him so much. This is going to be blown out of all proportion now.
You are really determined to bring the sectarian angle into it.

You can read my mind via an internet forum? You're good!

Read the whole thread and you will see the Celtic manager has previous and is a rat, the Rangers coach has got that right.
You literally said this:

“I do think he said something sectarian and this has been heard by the Rangers bench and he has been fuming and reacted”.

You have mentioned similar in a few posts. Im sure it will all come out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back