Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent chat about Piroe is that, with one year remaining on his current deal, there's enough Championship and EPL interest to start the bidding north of £10 million. Not bad for an outlay of £1 million by Swansea in 2021!

Be an extremely difficult one to pull off for Piroe.

Hoping for a few game changers as we do still need several injections of quality. I’d imagine that’s where Beales foreign trips will pay off.

Not too keen on the Birmingham chap as he might be a decent outlay for what would be a backup as it stands,

The form of Souttar will give Beale a headache as the lad simply can’t be dropped if he continues in the same vein in pre season.

Piroe has scored 20 or more goals in his last 2 seasons, some suggestions that Martin might try and take him with him to Southampton

He has one year to go on his deal so they will probably look to sell. Would not be surprised if an English team offers crazy money because he is proven to get goals at championship level and is a good age to develop further.

Be an extremely difficult one to pull off for Piroe.

Hoping for a few game changers as we do still need several injections of quality. I’d imagine that’s where Beales foreign trips will pay off.

Not too keen on the Birmingham chap as he might be a decent outlay for what would be a backup as it stands,

The form of Souttar will give Beale a headache as the lad simply can’t be dropped if he continues in the same vein in pre season.

Well Goldson isn't going to be fit so he can play RCB and we can play a new LCB.

Regardless of Souttars form, we require 2 CBs this summer.

We will announce Butland, Sterling, Cifeuntes, and Trusty shortly.

This summer’s saga will be Piroe, I predict. He’s the clear first choice to replace Buff.
Would love to get Piroe but think they will want 10m plus

Wonder how much we would have to pay for Trusty too?

Well Goldson isn't going to be fit so he can play RCB and we can play a new LCB.

Regardless of Souttars form, we require 2 CBs this summer.
Absolutely, Goldson also starting to collect injuries now, and tbh we’ve been lucky in the 5 years he’s been here that's them only really kicking in.

I do feel Souttar’s form gives Beale a headache now between the two when both are fit.

Trusty would be a very good signing. He is a more than decent defender. Capable of challenging Goldson for his place easily. We need that.
Left sided so would fancy him to make that position his own. Goldson would have genuine competition for the first time with Souttar being a standout in recent weeks.

I wonder if Davies is injured or if there are deals in place for him to leave and Trusty to come in

Trusty would be a very good signing. He is a more than decent defender. Capable of challenging Goldson for his place easily. We need that.
Trusty is left footed plays the other side mate so probably be a replacement for Ben Davies. Souttar will challenge Goldson and will give him a run for his money if he stays fit

Left sided so would fancy him to make that position his own. Goldson would have genuine competition for the first time with Souttar being a standout in recent weeks.

I wonder if Davies is injured or if there are deals in place for him to leave and Trusty to come in

Think Davies will be moving on. He's a decent footballer, just not suited to the physical element of the game up here, IMO.

Would be very uneasy if we went to Kent levels for Piroe. Yes he could well be fantastic, but quite a few have hit 20 in the Championship in recent years. Probably about half a dozen you could sign for free/small outlays

Trusty is left footed plays the other side mate so probably be a replacement for Ben Davies. Souttar will challenge Goldson and will give him a run for his money if he stays fit
Still thinking we will be starting more games next season with 3 at the back. If the signings mentioned are true.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Piroe go to Southampton or maybe one of the newly promoted EPL sides.

I hope we have alternatives lined up.

Now that there's no games at all, it's time for everyone's favourite time of the year. 100 pages of complete made up nonsense with fake sources, WhatsApp messages and anger when we don't sign someone that the club was never interested in.
So who are we signing first? Tillman?
Who are we missing out on first? Tillman?

Now that there's no games at all, it's time for everyone's favourite time of the year. 100 pages of complete made up nonsense with fake sources, WhatsApp messages and anger when we don't sign someone that the club was never interested in.
So who are we signing first? Tillman?
Who are we missing out on first? Tillman?
100 pages if people moaning about how bad the transfer thread is

This is true.

You talking about the Kevin Nisbet, widely reported at the time, that SG personally watched twice whilst a Dunfermline player and when his transfer fee would have been pennies.

I'd take Nisbet now, with his contract running down I think £2m would get the deal down (also fills a UEFA homebase trained slot). Have a feeling if we don't he'll end up at the scum sometime down the line.

Confusing, eh? I took it as, potentially, a loan deal in the next week but nothing else until 14 June. Provided we get as many as possible in for pre-season it shouldn’t be a problem (except for the impatient b*stards on here).

Aren't we all impatient. I'm in my 60's and still get as excited as a kid in sweetshop at all this signing news.

Butland, Sterling and Dowell for free with Cifuentes coming in for a nominal fee due to his contract situation is outstanding business.

Trusty is coming here to play. US international, played every game for Birmingham last year and won their POTY. Will be a bit of a fee to get him from Arsenal, no chance he's coming here to be a rotation/back up.

If a Premier League team are in for him then it could be likely but I can’t see a player from a team who finished 10th in the Championship who is on a free come January going for £20m+

Nah I mostly agree. Just was meaning that a year left doesn't necessarily mean clubs will flog a player on the cheap these days. Blackburn took about £20m for Adam Armstrong, who was also in the same position with a year left.

No idea what kind of position Swansea are in financially these days though. Obviously it's all relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back