Match Thread ** Hamilton v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

Pedro probably expecting all the shit of the day in the presser now. Wouldn't it be refreshing if they just asked him about the game.

Well played lads, just our luck that when we win there's a shitey international break coming up to break up momentum.

Good 3 points. Apart from the first minute we looked totally in control. Every player played their part even when Jack was unlucky to be sent off. Pedro should be a happy man this evening.

Good result but a bizarre performance, defence was very poor and I include all 4 in that yet John was decent going forward but the left was non existent in the 2nd half

Wes had a good game to keep us in it at times.

I'd say Dorrans would be my motm

Good result, given we played 35 minutes with 10 men. Nonetheless, it is clear to me that the team still doesn't have enough cohesion and the reason for that is our midfield isn't working as smoothly as it needs to. Holt brought zero to the game apart from getting a penalty. Great penalty by Dorrans, by the way. A big 3 points for us but I am still not confident of a win when we take the field. That says it all.

I don't come onto the Matchday Thread that often (as I'm either at the game or just concentrating on the match) but just coming on here for a few minutes has justified my reluctance.
We're winning 4-1 and all I can see is criticism of some players still being on the park.
I'm now convinced that some folk just come onto the matchday thread and spout all amounts of shite to "up" their post count to give themselves some kind of "credibility!"
....and fannies still finding time to have a go at Wes, despite having a blinder.

Our players showed a lot of character tonight, despite a lot of setbacks - a goal inside the first minute, losing Jack to a stupid second yellow, and conceding a penalty - great to see.

Last season's team couldn't have handled those setbacks.

Dorrans best game for us in my opinion,but that guy Windass has got to be told the f-ckin game last s 90 mins and he just cannot play whenever he feels like it.in saying that i still think there is a player in him.well done the Rangers

Good 3 points on a quite horrible pitch - Hamilton will probably stay up because of their home advantage but that needs ripped up an absolute disgrace that is allowed in the top flight.

Holt has been good since he came on and has to be starting games now.

Wes has probably been MOTM for me with his penalty stop and a couple of top class saves.

Windass really needs to come off any time we are up against it - we have been pretty much down to 9 players in the last 35 minutes ...

Good win for Rangers here.
Gritty performance, especially with ten men for most of the second half.
Special mention for Wes, he was simply great.
Wee Holty gave his usual 100% when he came on and was the perfect player to help shore up the team facing superior numbers.
The manager got it totally right and on an extremely poor surface he can be pleased with the reaction from the entire Rangers side.

That's what was needed tonight. The players were fired up, good performance and comfortable win.

I must admit, I thought it was going to be a long night after the goal went in after a minute. Young John was excellent (goals apart) and Peña was absolute gash, a complete liability. He could have been sent off two or three times on another night.

Would have bit your hand off for a 4-1 at the start of the game.

Players not looking like they had given in. Some giving the gaffer a show of support by turning in a good game. Showed desire to come back from being one down. Great 1st half. 2nd half altered by the fact we were down to 10 but seen out the game well.

Happy bears. I look forward to the normal doomsayers pish.

Ok, that was fun :)

Now I'm off to find or start a fucking Butcher is a prick thread.

I truly despise that utter wank

Great result Rangers especially after the start. I look forward to watching it tomorrow, following a match thread on here is painful between mentally challengeds and fans who hope the manager fails it's tough to watch.

I really hope that mopey act was a big front from Pedro tonight. We're all behind you my man and ditching Miller was the best decision you've made since arriving. Windass next please.

At least we gave away our usual dreadful goal early on in the game for a change, Happy with the game overall, Hopefully gives Pedro a bit of breathing room now

Great 3 points and a good team performance. Much better closing down of the opposition and great goals. Happy. Now BT Sport start the witch hunt to have players banned, supporters arrested etc.

I presume Holt in with a shout of a St Johnstone start now as the red for Jack will seem him banned for the game.

Wonderful comeback from Rangers after a dreadful start. It has to be acknowledged that Hamilton were atrocious defensively but a 4-1 win away from home is a good result in any language, in any league. Some good performances throughout the team, Candeias, John, Windas, but tonight was more about team spirit than anything. The celebration after the third goal said a lot. If it turns out Miller has indeed been the bad apple mouthing off to the media then he should have played his last game for us. We need to build on the unity that was evident tonight and no individual should be allowed to disrupt that, least of all a 37 year old who's best days are behind him.

All in all a pleasing night of football. Onwards and upwards the Rangers!!

Back