Rangers v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

Bereft of sufficient quality to break down a stubborn defence.

Also, painfully slow getting the ball forward. We have to transition into attack far faster on the few occasions that stubbornly defending teams actually venture out of their own half.

This is not a title winning side. That's for sure.

We’re a team with no winners, and on a par or slightly better than the other also rans in the league. We need at least 4 winners in the door and you don’t get them on loans or frees or from the youths. Simply put, money needs to be spent on quality winners.

Well that was crap!!...Looked good for the first 10 mins then it was back to the same old lethargic play..Teams know how to play us and they do it well

Progress made yes but hard to be positive when gerrard keeps fucking a bout with the team and formation - he could be doing so much better but all this pish about squad rotation- load of bollocks! Don’t know a football player who wouldn’t love to play twice a week rather than train - molly coddled bastards and rookie manager now truly showing

A point better of after 10 league games compared to last season which saw Pedro sacked after 1-1 draw with Killiw at Ibrox (which also followed a League Cup semi defeat).
That peformance tonight was dreadful, there was no positive reaction from the team to Sundays defeat, if anything players went into their shell.
We have to accept, just like last season and the season before that, our players are not as good as first thought.
SG has a massive task on his hands now because not only does he have to work with players he probably thinks are not good enough through a busy Nov & Dec period but also has a support who are thinking they have seen the same old story of failure to many times in recent past.

Season is essentially over and it's not even November. We are 8 points behind Hearts, and 4 behind Celtic who seem to be getting up and running now.

Very poor team selection in terms of the supporting forwards and midfield, I also think Katic needs to play.
4 points behind and the season is over? get a grip mate.

We actually moved up the league tonight despite the result.

Season is still to play for.

This was supposed to be the match where we bounce back and get back to winning ways. What an absolute shower of shit.
Playing dreadful

When you sign journeyman players and rely on them to win cups and titles it very rarely goes that way. Pathetic performance absolutely pathetic

Grezda 2million ?? what was mark allen and SG smoking?? Katic 2million??? Barisic ???? Sadiq ????
Flanagan?????? Coulibaly ??????? all rubbish !!!

He was the only guy to get passmarks at the weekend.

Literally the only player who deserves to retain his place after the weekend. Did you even watch the game?
You r deluded he gave 100& effort big fkn deal so would I for fuckall he is paid as aa winger but he can not cross a ball and yet again tonight he done f all and was taken off he’s finished at rangers

Sadly, our team are ver very easy to play against and Clarke, Rodgers, Lennon and McInnes etc will sit back knowing he is under pressure to attack without creating anything.
I’m still trying to work out if he has made one substitution that has made a massive difference in any game.

Not sure what to say really.

Strange team selection, again more chopping and changing.
Same stubborn tactics and soundbites nearly every week - Warburton-esque
Players signed on his watch still nowhere near the action (Grezda)
Having your Captain as someone who has failed in almost every single big game he has ever played at the Club.

Someone please tell me what Ryan Jack does apart from take the ball in, slow the game down and pass it sideways.

Everything he does slows us down.

He may be tidy but he can f*ck off

This team is in a horrible malaise and it's rapidly leading to trouble. They didn't respond to the challenge Stevie G set them after Sunday, they didn't even look like they wanted to.

stevie g is going to have to pull on every ounce of bottle he has

we played shit in a major semi final at the weekend and then gave them the day off - total and utter nonsense

THAT was the reaction - more pish

We're obviously going to have to stick with stevie g while he works through this but changes MUST be made

abandon the 4-3-3 its pish and not working

the so called wide men create nothing, change them and flood the midfield with midfielders and at least try to control the game

Grezda 2million ?? what was mark allen and SG smoking?? Katic 2million??? Barisic ???? Sadiq ????
Flanagan?????? Coulibaly ??????? all rubbish !!!

Mate, you're beginning to sound like an Earl, cool your jets. We are all pissed off with the past weeks results, but we don't get to sit top of the EL group with rubbish players, it's a dip.

Some team soon is going to get a real fkin roasting off us and the luck will shift also, our luck stinks as of late.

This is down to the manager. Team selection was appalling. He needs to work out his best 11 and play them. Stop chopping and changing.

I've been worried about this for a few weeks now. It makes me wonder if SG actually knows what his best team is.

Warburton did the same and I came to the conclusion that he didn't have a clue what his best starting 11 was because everyone was so average. He was tinkering every week with average players, none of whom stood out no matter what the team selection or formation was.

Now, I am not comparing MW and SG, because that would be mental.

But I do wonder about his doggedness when it comes to squad rotation. It's not working.

I agree mate, absolutely.

Faster movement of the ball, players looking to move faster into the channels between opposition players, double runs, dummies, flicks.

If it is going to be so tight and congested, the only way imo is to make quicker smarter passes.
Too reliant on the wingers and the ball going side to side. Need that player that can burst that 30 yards through the middle and commit players but they're not cheap.

Back