Rangers v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

Not doing what it says on the tin. I dont expect much to change second half.
I was right , I had other thoughts that were right too.

Looks like big name rookie manager may be a bad idea, very uncanny how we can never get going on a run, that has been happening for years, I thought the days of lets all laugh at Rangers were over, but no, the laughing is even louder now The stirring words will start to look ridiculous its going to be a hard learning for Stevie, will he handle it. Just have to carry on and see what happens, nothing I can really do.

Like watching Rangers 3 or 4 years ago.
So inept and clueless its hardly worth commenting on.
Can't think of one positive except we didn't lose.

How did we end up with players who look about the same level as Kilmarnock, Aberdeen etc. after spending millions on transfer fees and wages?

Absolutely grim viewing again so far.
Firstly I’m not sure that spending that little more( it isn’t much in the market) makes them any better. Secondly we are packed with loans that continually fail us, this model is where we are but it will NEVER work. Thirdly, this type of player isn’t skilful enough on a regular basis to cope with the pressure. Fourth, due to all this SG is continually trying to get a settled team from a squad that no matter the combination will let him down.
Our only hope is a long term project as getting on SG back is pointless. It won’t change the dynamics of the situation by binning him. Frankly I’m out for a couple of weeks. Emotionally it’s not healthy to deal with this level of dissapointmemt constantly. We all need a break some time. We laughed at Mcinnes and saying we dodged a bullet. He’s in a final and only 3 points behind us FFS.

Well there is how these players responded to you SG.

They just played worse and once again in October we are dropping away in the league.

Every team knows how to play us now and you haven’t found anything to break it down.

You kept cowards in your team from last year and this is how they repay you.

That ref reminds me of the wee boy at school whose ball we were playing with and he had to be in charge all the time. He has given them everything tonight. he only booked them lot after their 10th foul
The ref reeks the scowls on his face towards our players tells more than a story, he couldn't hide it.

Think it's finally sinking in just how far away from winning this league we are.

Zero enjoyment watching the last two games. I wanted to put my fist through the TV during the last twenty minutes

It's easy to put the blame on our players, but the tactics we are being faced with are the same week in week out.

It's nothing to do with football, turgid shit.

Brutal viewing. Same failures as the last few seasons. It looks as though Gerrard's been found out, and needs to make serious alterations to the style of play.

It's become obvious as the weeks have progressed that the vast majority of player's are below the standard required to challenge for the title.
what we are trying to do is near impossible, bring in lots of loans signings, spend 10mil, +/- on another 5-6 players,bring in a rookie manager and somehow expect to be challenging Celtic
The only way it works is to sign the quality players that can be part of a title winning team.
That will cost, at a minimum. 30 mil',
Until that happens nothing will change in real terms

Last edited:
Another tactically inept manager who cannot make game changing decisions, gets the starting 11 wrong again and doesn't have the ability to lift his players or get the best out of them.

Talks a great game though.

Same old shit.

I just hope that in the next game the players show a reaction and want to put on a show and make it up for the fans and the manager.

Same old shite. This season is going to be no different from last season or the season before. Again we will be lucky to finish second.

We have no guile at all.

Big Lafferty is just fucking stinking. Offered nothing when he came on, absolutely nothing.

What are our centre 3 in midfield doing, they all seem to be playing defensive mid. None of them are making late runs into the box, none of them are trying slide rule through balls.

We had literally no chances of note, our goal was a fucking massive deflection.

Fucking sick of how shite we are. Flukey european run and a few good halfs and flashes are not papering over the cracks, boils down to quality of player and our tactics, sode to side down the wing cut inside totally predictable.
8 points behind Hearts at this juncture is fucking unacceptable.

All the interviews and talk turns out to be absolute bull shit after that garbage tonight. Saying your going to put a rocket up the players and then putting out the exact same team isn't good enough. Pressure is on big time and this will make or break Gerrard as a manager

On the way back to the bus.. Can't believe the lack of urgency at times! Very disappointing result/performance especially after the manager called for a reaction.

this is just what we are now. a team that will be in a fight for 2nd or 3rd with no real hope of winning the title. Unless we spend some serious serious money that we dont have then we wont win 55 anytime soon. im dreading our next game against that lot already

Our midfield are f*cking diabolical team was crying out for creative midfielder in the summer and we buy in workhorse midfielders who cant make a six yard pass properly .our shape is shite and not working we need to change it

Another disappointing result. We lost confidence after their goal.

I think tonight Gerrard saw some answers to his challenge to the players after Sunday.

We are no better than Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Kilmarnock, that’s a cold hard fact, we are on a par with that dross.

Given the money we have spent and the upheaval season after season, it’s shameful we find ourselves at this juncture again.

The mhanks will absolutely cruise to the title, they have given up on europe by the looks of it and are destroying everything in sight now.

Back