Rangers v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

10 mill was never enough to get us competing for the league. We were full of mental pygmies, cowards and losers.
Too many were kept and we spent %^*& all in midfield where we had no quality.
Unless the board can find serious money (20 mill) for 4 or 5 quality players this situation will go on and on every season.

I have to add 433 with wingers who don’t score and midfielders with no guile or skill is a recipe for what we are getting now.
Mentally so fucking weak, they take a knock and totally crumble.:mad:

Gerrard warned them and they failed big time. Hope some of them are gone come January
To be replaced by who? What does it say about our recuitment when yet again our loans aren’t good enough. What about the signings ? Why would it get better in a more difficult transfer window? Frankly the issue is the money ...it always has been. We just keep ignoring it.

The last four games have been utter gash, all falls on Gerrard. I want Kent to %^*& Worrall to %^*& and Ejaria to %^*&, flanno can %^*& off along with Lafferty, Arfield, Coulibaly and Sadiq.
Where does that leave us. Everyone of them are too inconsistent or not at the level required to win us anything.

Is it really that simple to play against us? Just keep 10 men behind the ball and sit deep? We cannot break a team down, it’s killie for fucks skate not some Italian defensive masters!
Been the same shit for the last 3 years. Fucking dreadful.
These teams must play the same against celtic, yet they score against them, time and time again.
I honestly thought we were closer to them than we are. We’re not.
Don’t think we can change it sadly and, much as I love him, Steven Davis isn’t the answer.
Repetitive, turgid shite.

what we are trying to do is near impossible, bring in lots of loans signings, spend 10mil, +/- on anther 5-6 players,bring in a rookie manager and somehow expect to be challenging Celtic
The only way it works is to sign the quality players that can be part of a title winning team.
That will cost, at a minimum. 30 mil',
Until that happens nothing will change in real terms
Good point, and in all honesty, a massive challenge ahead that is never going to be achieved in one season

Well that’s that for another season. Just a matter of how far down the table we’ll finish.

I worry about the team’s mentality. Confidence is shot.

The app I used said 6th. I take it back.

4th on goal difference is hardly anything to shout about though.

I know mate I checked Livescore too after I saw your post and nearly choked

You are right though, it's still gash, just thought 4th might make the evening more bearable than 6th, but probably not!!

Mate, you're beginning to sound like an Earl, cool your jets. We are all pissed off with the past weeks results, but we don't get to sit top of the EL group with rubbish players, it's a dip.

Some team soon is going to get a real fkin roasting off us and the luck will shift also, our luck stinks as of late.

Everyone has a dip but our problem is we dropped stupid points at the start of the season. We can hopefully win at the weekend and get a result in EL which will see us regain some confidence.

Too reliant on the wingers and the ball going side to side. Need that player that can burst that 30 yards through the middle and commit players but they're not cheap.

True.

We're getting caught often where our wingers are doubling back, then the chance is gone, I think you're right, an attacking MF'er with a decent engine could make one Hell of a difference, offering an outlet as we are in full flow.

F*ck it is frustrating, after watching how good we have shown we can be.

Right what this tells us is that there are players there who no matter what you say can't make that step up.

There is also a level of inflexibility to change things up, go long, short, direct, keep the ball around their 18 yard line and move them about.... Try various things but do it with urgency when required .. They don't seem to be able to go up a gear.

But what do you do about that? Do you go back to the beginning of the season and get your team selection from there?

Let's be honest... It's going to take another transfer window at least before we can get a consistent level of quality on the pitch.

We've had some great results from them by the way.... 9 men in Russia being one of them.

All part of the journey

A point better of after 10 league games compared to last season which saw Pedro sacked after 1-1 draw with Killiw at Ibrox (which also followed a League Cup semi defeat).
That peformance tonight was dreadful, there was no positive reaction from the team to Sundays defeat, if anything players went into their shell.
We have to accept, just like last season and the season before that, our players are not as good as first thought.
SG has a massive task on his hands now because not only does he have to work with players he probably thinks are not good enough through a busy Nov & Dec period but also has a support who are thinking they have seen the same old story of failure to many times in recent past.
To add to your depression it’s the same number of points.

Firstly I’m not sure that spending that little more( it isn’t much in the market) makes them any better. Secondly we are packed with loans that continually fail us, this model is where we are but it will NEVER work. Thirdly, this type of player isn’t skilful enough on a regular basis to cope with the pressure. Fourth, due to all this SG is continually trying to get a settled team from a squad that no matter the combination will let him down.
Our only hope is a long term project as getting on SG back is pointless. It won’t change the dynamics of the situation by binning him. Frankly I’m out for a couple of weeks. Emotionally it’s not healthy to deal with this level of dissapointmemt constantly. We all need a break some time. We laughed at Mcinnes and saying we dodged a bullet. He’s in a final and only 3 points behind us FFS.

Can't argue with much of that but spending millions in this league and bringing in players from the EPL should be a guarantee of some kind of quality.

We now really have to hope that Grezda is head and shoulders above the wide attacking players currently playing because there is nothing coming from midfield and Candieas and Kent are struggling to create clear chances, and aren't chipping in with enough goals.

Gerrard is talking the talk but not walking the walk, in the league at least. Games like tonight remind us we have an inexperienced manager. He needs time but is making mistakes that’ll bring pressure. I hope he gets the time.

Fucking brutal.

That's how much the players respect Gerrard. Some reaction.

Buzzing to hear the "We want to make it up to you" rentaquote garbage from the latest shower of cowards to wear our jersey.

This formation and style of play we insist on trying to play is our downfall at home, it works in Europe but not domestically we need a complete change in shape

Last edited:
Questions now need to be asked about the horse shite being spouted about Grezda, Barasic and the mysterious injury to Dorrans. Katic binned despite doing %^*& all wrong, Rossiter comes back after 2 years injured to start on the worst plastic pitch in Scotland, Sadiq starting v Aberdeen despite the manager publicly slating him, goalkeepers being chopped and changed now for league games.

We are no better than Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Kilmarnock, that’s a cold hard fact, we are on a par with that dross.

Given the money we have spent and the upheaval season after season, it’s shameful we find ourselves at this juncture again.

The mhanks will absolutely cruise to the title, they have given up on europe by the looks of it and are destroying everything in sight now.
Yes because all those teams you mentioned could easily go eleven games unbeaten in Europe.

Do you mind if I file such pysh as pysh?

yes we need to find that winning mentality, and we will, its only november so plenty of time to get league form back, i believe that coaching staff will get it turned around

some folk need to reign there necks in and show belief, its not a 1 or 2 game season

to the tims looking in gtf an gie yersel a wash ya mhanky hoors

Grezda 2million ?? what was mark allen and SG smoking?? Katic 2million??? Barisic ???? Sadiq ????
Flanagan?????? Coulibaly ??????? all rubbish !!!
Disagree. We had the making of a team but it’s gone. I think Our expectations were sky high at the start of the season and they were unrealistic. The reality is that we are still competing for 2nd and 3rd place, not for the league.

Pressure has to be on Gerrard now. I don't see him lasting the season.

A lot of people giving you grief for this. I don't strictly agree however those that won't agree will come back with:

He needs more than one transfer windows
He needs time
etc etc etc

Take Europe out of the equation. We are 1 point, yes 1 point better off than last season at the same stage. A matching result after a semi-final defeat that saw the last manager lose his job, with the league more or less done - and it's the same today.

Although I don't necessarily agree with you, I can take your point. Gerrard (and Mark Allen) have to take a step back and look at themselves now. Gerrard giving it "I'll get better players in January if these guys aren't good enough" when he was part of the team that signed them is complete nonsense - they are HIS guys, his signings and at the moment that aren't producing (domestically) anything much better than "Pedro's duds"

Everyone has a dip but our problem is we dropped stupid points at the start of the season. We can hopefully win at the weekend and get a result in EL which will see us regain some confidence.

True enough, we've slipped up and had a dip.

They went through a dip also, but are now getting their shit together, it'll come for us also, it'll come...

Total garbage team full of bottle merchants and the manager is under severe pressure league over before December shocking.

Disagree. We had the making of a team but it’s gone. I think Our expectations were sky high at the start of the season and they were unrealistic. The reality is that we are still competing for 2nd and 3rd place, not for the league.
We're Rangers, not some pishy non-entity. Our expectations can never be unrealistic to challenge for the league.

We did the hard part getting the early goal then made a complete arse of things with them scoring the first time they entered our half, they could not believe their luck and got a massive boost. Flanigan was at fault with the goal, Worral also far from convincing.

Candieas and Kent have completely gone of the boil and have no end product just now. If teams sit in we have absolutely no answer which we have shown time and time again now.

My other concern tonight is still no Gredza, starting to get the feeling he is another that Gerrard is not convinced by

We needed to do something different tonight, Kilmarnock were always going to play how they did and implement their plan effectively. Instead it was the same predictable stuff that is starting to become more the norm than the exception now

What mo
To be replaced by who? What does it say about our recuitment when yet again our loans aren’t good enough. What about the signings ? Why would it get better in a more difficult transfer window? Frankly the issue is the money ...it always has been. We just keep ignoring it.
What money does Kilmarnock Aberdeen Livingston have hearts hibs ect
We have had the second biggest budget since we came back up.
It's not an excuse not to be a comfy second

Good point, and in all honesty, a massive challenge ahead that is never going to be achieved in one season

it would never be changed in one season, -the Sourness Revolution era is gone.
But the basics are still correct, you get what you pay for, we are paying peanuts and getting....players who will not take us near 55.
The other illusion to burst is that we are 'building a team for the future",
The core of this squad are never going to be a part of a championship winning Rangers team
W/o a massive injection of cash to buy better players we are building to challenge for 2nd!

Came on to have a quick look at the Board and it’s now promptly time to leave it again.
The number of people in this forum who must have no memory of league campaigns in previous seasons (before we were sold down the river) when we had bad results, a drop in form etc. As it stands winning the league is still in our own hands, that’s fact!!! Will that happen? Who knows, we’ve hit a wee tricky spell and are maybe fortunate to not be that far off the top of the league and the others above us. But posters saying that’s the league gone and some questioning Gerrard.......?? Lost for words

Yes because all those teams you mentioned could easily go eleven games unbeaten in Europe.

Do you mind if I file such pysh as pysh?

The mhanks can’t go 11 games unbeaten in Europe and they are in a different stratosphere to us so what’s your point?

I’m concerned about the league season and our domestic form, you know the same domestic season which has seen us struggle badly?

You are aware yeah?

Back