Rangers v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

Another tactically inept manager who cannot make game changing decisions, gets the starting 11 wrong again and doesn't have the ability to lift his players or get the best out of them.

Talks a great game though.

Same old shit.

Both Pedro and Warb's talked great games. Pedro was a bullmesiter supreme.
Warb's was not backed with cash and had no plan B, Pedro was backed and had no Plan at all!!!

Until SG is given serious money to buy much better players then we will have no idea how good he is ...or isn't

Very frustrating. Dominated the match, but couldn't convert possession into goals. Killie score a wonder goal for the draw.
I thought the second half was a little better than the first in terms of our productivity. However, not by much. Once again we couldn't break down a packed defence.
We're experiencing a dip in form that began in the Spartak match. I think we've lost our collective ability the team was showing earlier that got us past Osijek and Maribor, and we're looking far more ordinary now. Occasionally this kind of thing happened to Walter, and he knew how to get the team performing again. Stevie G has to find a way to make the whole greater than the sum of its individual parts again.

W
Good point, and in all honesty, a massive challenge ahead that is never going to be achieved in one season
Where I agree about winning leagues in one season we are barely matching teams who with the transfer window we had should have been well ahead of. 12 points dropped in 1 round of games is a mediocre team. The January window will be interesting but we better hope it's still worth spending money after a run of games that has us playing at Tynecastle, Easter Road and the mhanks at Ibrox.

Is it really that simple to play against us? Just keep 10 men behind the ball and sit deep? We cannot break a team down, it’s killie for fucks skate not some Italian defensive masters!
Been the same shit for the last 3 years. Fucking dreadful.
These teams must play the same against celtic, yet they score against them, time and time again.
I honestly thought we were closer to them than we are. We’re not.
Don’t think we can change it sadly and, much as I love him, Steven Davis isn’t the answer.
Repetitive, turgid shite.
The harsh reality is smeltic have a far superior first eleven to us

it would never be changed in one season, -the Sourness Revolution era is gone.
But the basics are still correct, you get what you pay for, we are paying peanuts and getting....players who will not take us near 55.
The other illusion to burst is that we are 'building a team for the future",
The core of this squad are never going to be a part of a championship winning Rangers team
W/o a massive injection of cash to buy better players we are building to challenge for 2nd!
The lack of quality and a play-maker in midfield can't be unnoticed on SG. Just one of the many problems he has to address for us to move forward

Another tactically inept manager who cannot make game changing decisions, gets the starting 11 wrong again and doesn't have the ability to lift his players or get the best out of them.

Talks a great game though.

Same old shit.
you sir are full of shit, better dry yer panties caus its a long season show faith ffs

At this rate we will be
We are lucky the rats started the season so badly or we'd be out the picture.

That was woeful.
We will be well out the picture come Christmas time. They've found form and we are going back the way. Tonight was meant to be the first of four 'easy games before the nightmare that is December's fixtures came round.

We were supposed to have an "easier" run of fixtures after the mentally challenged game in August now look at us. Can barely string two results together.

I said at the time we hired Stevie G we were putting 10IAR on the line. I stand by that and perhaps a more experienced man might have been a wiser choice, but in reality, no one was available. However, the choice has been made and we have to stand by him. We quite simply cannot go on chopping and changing managers at the rate we have been in recent year. We need, as a support, to stand behind Stevie G. We all knew there would be rough patches, we all said SG would need time. We all pledged to stand behind him. Well the rough patch is upon us. We need to show loyalty to our team and our manager. We simply have no other choice. We've seen how good this side can be. They can't become garbage overnight. There is obviously quality in our team and we need to stand loyal with them. I honestly don't think we're that far away from being the finished article. Gerard has only had one transfer window and the early signs we extremely positive. We need a little tweaking here and there. A striker, play making midfielder. A couple of new faces in January, dedication to a fast flowing passing game, a plan B when things aren't going well. If we can get these things fixed we will not only get this train back on track but might still have a shot at 55 and stop them from hitting the half century mark. Now is the time to show faith and loyalty because changing managers again is both unthinkable and something which could set us back years. Ultimately this might well come to pass if SG can't fix things, but let's not cut the ties too early, as the price will be high

The league is over?

Fckn hysterical pysh.
Aye I was just going to post the same after reading this guff on more than 1 post , 4 points behind the scum at start of November is hardly league over however we need to get our form and goals back at home and start winning on the road . NS

The last four games have been utter gash, all falls on Gerrard. I want Kent to %^*& Worrall to %^*& and Ejaria to %^*&, flanno can %^*& off along with Lafferty, Arfield, Coulibaly and Sadiq.
Where does that leave us. Everyone of them are too inconsistent or not at the level required to win us anything.
Haha no.

If that's the response his players give him after what he said on Sunday, what makes you think this will end well?
He needs to know that the fans are behind him....yes he will make mistakes but its how he reacts to them and know that as a fanbase we are still behind him

The mhanks can’t go 11 games unbeaten in Europe and they are in a different stratosphere to us so what’s your point?

I’m concerned about the league season and our domestic form, you know the same domestic season which has seen us struggle badly?

You are aware yeah?
There is a bigger picture and when you view it, we are probably doing just fine all things considered.
Europe has obviously stretched us as a team and it has affected our domestic form.
It happens to the best sides, and of course, we are a team put together at the beginning of the season, who have probably actually overachieved this season thus far.
But you won't want to hear that.

If we can strengthen in January, then it will probably be because of what we have done in Europe.

Kilmarnock are not an easy team to beat they give everyone problems, yet at times we were all over them, and some of their defending was as desperate as our nous in the eighteen-yard box was poor.

Of course, we are finding our areas in the side where we need to improve.
But.......didn't we always expect that anyway?
One transfer window does not a miracle make.

Give the manager some time.

He needs to know that the fans are behind him....yes he will make mistakes but its how he reacts to them and know that as a fanbase we are still behind him
Every fan wants him to succeed, however we are 1 point better off than last season and have been put out the cup by a dreadful Aberdeen side. He's not reacted to his mistakes, though, and neither have his players.

Season is essentially over and it's not even November. We are 8 points behind Hearts, and 4 behind Celtic who seem to be getting up and running now.

Very poor team selection in terms of the supporting forwards and midfield, I also think Katic needs to play.

4 points behind them in the league and giving up.

F.u.ck sake I guess you pretend when you sing about No Surrender

There is a bigger picture and when you view it, we are probably doing just fine all things considered.
Europe has obviously stretched us as a team and it has affected our domestic form.
It happens to the best sides, and of course, we are a team put together at the beginning of the season, who have probably actually overachieved this season thus far.
But you won't want to hear that.

If we can strengthen in January, then it will probably be because of what we have done in Europe.

Kilmarnock are not an easy team to beat they give everyone problems, yet at times we were all over them, and some of their defending was as desperate as our nous in the eighteen-yard box was poor.

Of course, we are finding our areas in the side where we need to improve.
But.......didn't we always expect that anyway?
One transfer window does not a miracle make.

Give the manager some time.
exactly, bigger picture we've made improvements that much is undeniable, consistent team and 2 or 3 new faces in january, some folks need to stop doomsday bitchin about the manager

you sir are full of shit, better dry yer panties caus its a long season show faith ffs

You've probably been calling people panty wetters for years now. It's boring, the signs are as predictable as Warburton, Caixinha and Murty.

Stating the obvious about performances and managerial decisions isn't wetting panty, neither is talking about our domestic results.

It's okay though, the manager and players will muster up somebullshit in the press. The sure talk a great game yet when it comes to letting their football do the talking, it's a complete and utter let down.

We will still win the league this year.

marvin_andrews_glasgow_rangers_500.jpg

4 points behind them is nothing but the signs are not good at present, we need a big result to get the train rolling again otherwise we will find ourselves mid table and out the race come December.

Genuine question. What teams play 433 successfully apart from Barca?. Seems a formation that you really need top top players to do well with

Middleton is nowhere near ready for the 1st team that is obvious. Surely people can see it or am I one of only a few brave enough to say it?
Of course he’s not ready but the lad is now being used as a late sub to try salvage something from games and has folk on here saying he offers nothing.

We should be 2 or 3 up before he’s on allowing him to get minutes under his belt

You've probably been calling people panty wetters for years now. It's boring, the signs are as predictable as Warburton, Caixinha and Murty.

Stating the obvious about performances and managerial decisions isn't wetting panty, neither is talking about our domestic results.

It's okay though, the manager and players will muster up somebullshit in the press. The sure talk a great game yet when it comes to letting their football do the talking, it's a complete and utter let down.

If you think these are the same signs as Warburton, Murty and Pedro then you know the square root of f.u.ck all

Surely you’re kidding.
You think we should change the manager every season because of a few setbacks and one transfer window?
I’m at a loss.
The last thing I want is to start from scratch again, however if that's the reaction his playrs have given him after what he said on Sunday, I can't see this ending the way we want it.

Yeah but the guy you pulled up said nothing wrong.

Middleton was hopeless.

We shouldn't be turning to an 18 year old inexperienced player when the chips are down for this very reason.

Gerrard has spoken in the past of how not to use young players in a way that could be damaging to their self confidence and subsequently their careers. Bringing him on on Sunday and tonight to try change the game for us in both instances was a mistake in my opinion.

Of course he’s not ready but the lad is now being used as a late sub to try salvage something from games and has folk on here saying he offers nothing.

We should be 2 or 3 up before he’s on allowing him to get minutes under his belt
Agreed, obviously Murphys injury did us no favours in this area however given that Grezda is available yet Gerrard would rather use Middleton is concerning.

Back