Worst referee performance I’ve ever seen

The referee was poor.
But Motherwell told us it would be a battle.
Pedro picked the wrong team for that.
The manager got it wrong, and he is paid to get it right.

I had a thread up on this, but it got pulled.
Censorship is alive and well.

So you want to change a winning team who just went away and won 3 0 against a hard to beat St Johnstone side? What team would you have put out, out of interest?

Motherwell will finish the final with 8 men’s s they’ll try that against the pet team and get carded

Our problem was getting drawn into the battle and the punting
On the deck we troubled them

Alves should’ve walked
The other guy should be sine die for kicking him in head

Moult and bowman got away with about 10 elbows each
Bowmans first was red worthy never mind the other ones including assault on cardoso

North stand lineman was a coward too - he saw the alves incident and didn’t call it and bowman was late just after his yellow and he was silent

For all those who are saying that the referee was attrocious but it really didn't make a difference, what planet are you on? How could applying the rules, such as sending off Bowman, not have made a difference? How could not allowing them to kick and elbow us off the park not have made a difference? That was a shameful refereeing performance which, together with terrible goal keeping, should be called out for what it is. Bent.

The ref was poor, we were poor and Pedro was the worse by sending out the team with a loser mentality

Bowman should have been off in the 12th minute, already booked he stamps on the foot of John (I think it was John).

Several other debateable tackles before his assault on Cardosa.

We should have been out of sight but several of their players (and Alves) were lucky to be on the park.

Poor result, poorly refereed and unacceptable performances from numerous Rangers players. The outcome was dictated by not punishing foul play correctly unfortunately.

No where in my post did I excuse the refs performance, still doesn’t negate the fact that we missed 3 great chances when game was 0-0.

Also the Alves incident had nothing to do with Bowman as it was Moult he tangled with, so that point still stands.
If you think the ref bottling out of sending that guy off in the first half then not sending hin off again or sending the ladys whatecer it is when Morelos was clean through had nothing to do with us losing that game today you are wrong (i could have said another few words instead of wrong but dont want banned for abusing fellow posters)

So you want to change a winning team who just went away and won 3 0 against a hard to beat St Johnstone side? What team would you have put out, out of interest?

The problem isn't what team I would have picked, you are looking at this from the wrong perspective.
My job isn't relying on the team that was picked, but Pedro's does.

Did he get it right?
No he didn't.
It may cost him dearly.

Last man challenge on Morelos, not given
Morelos booked for persistent fouling after 2 challenges
Bowman on a yellow, breaks a players nose with another elbow, nothing

And to be fair:

Alves should have been off.
Two blood injuries and both times doesn’t stop the game

I’ve never seen a performance that inept before.

Beaton was calculated. If anyone asked me if it was on purpose I'd ask them why they didn't think it was.

Today was up there with that. I thought McLean though was terrified...like he'd been told, long ago, he'd be losing his grand-a-week if he made it look easy for RFC.

We'd be better off competing for the Royal Rumble title or asking if we could join the UFC or Pride...

I don’t usually blame refs but we were 1-0 down and your centre half takes an elbow in the face from a guy who should already be off them I think you have the right to gripe. I agree about lack of character in the team but this is terrible decision at a critical time in the game.

There isnt much on the bench to change the team or formation though. We knew it was going to be a fight we should have expected it. We had 8 days to prepare for it

If you think the ref bottling out of sending that guy off in the first half then not sending hin off again or sending the ladys whatecer it is when Morelos was clean through had nothing to do with us losing that game today you are wrong (i could have said another few words instead of wrong but dont want banned for abusing fellow posters)

We had 2 clear cut chances before that which should have put us comfortably in front.
If you can’t debate your point without wanting to post abuse maybe best not to start threads on a football forum.

Us being really poor has a bigger impact for me than the refs performance.
As soon as we lost the first goal our bottle went.

I don’t remember any Motherwell players leaving the field with broken noses.

I would be shocked if a centre back finished his career without sustaining a broken nose, it is an occupational hazard and most are just the result of normal physical but fair challenges with a centre forward.

However the challenge by Bowman was a stonewall red card, tv cameras clearly show he knew what he was doing and should have walked. There was no booking so Compliance Officer may het involved but as it involves a tackle on a Rangers player I won't hold my breath.

Sutton gets to push his agenda again on BT here. Anti Pedro from the start and desperate for him to be sacked so he can say told you so. He has a platform to question the refereeing standards after being highly critical during the match but ignores it to a degree afterwards.

Absolute tosh.

Anyone who thinks officials are setting out to cheat us, or any other team, should not go to or watch football anymore.

General standards of refereeing is terrible but they're not cheating us.
Did he cheat with Alves at the end? No, he was just rubbish and made several astonishing decisions during the game.

So just rubbish.

Not just this game, but every time he referees one of our games

Fair enough

After what some of our players had been subjected to, keeping Alves on when the game was gone makes it look like he was being lenient towards us....a clever decision by that prick of a ref.

It kind of shifts the focus away from his abysmal performance during the previous 90 minutes.

This took it to a whole new level as is wasn’t just incompetent or biased but it was dangerous , really fucking dangerous. He let atrocious tackles go , there were 2 head injuries where the players were bleeding and he didn’t stop it and he let 2 players kick each other right in front of him yet both stay on the park. Absolutely unbelievable

The referee was poor.
But Motherwell told us it would be a battle.
Pedro picked the wrong team for that.
The manager got it wrong, and he is paid to get it right.

I had a thread up on this, but it got pulled.
Censorship is alive and well.

I'm presuming both Pedro and the cvnt of a ref missed that statement

We were shite today and we blame the ref again. The mentally challengeds had a penalty given against them yesterday that was never a penalty. The difference is they go up the pitch and score another.

Where is this team of warriors that Pedro promised us?

So just rubbish.

Not just this game, but every time he referees one of our games

Fair enough

Well when you consider the mob across the city call him Brother McLean, it would suggest he doesn't save his ineptitude soley for us.

Referees, almost to a man, are of an exceptionally poor standard.
Today he missed 2 head injuries that should be automatic stoppages of play but he didn't notice. That highlights there's nothing underhand and that he is just a poor referee.

The problem isn't what team I would have picked, you are looking at this from the wrong perspective.
My job isn't relying on the team that was picked, but Pedro's does.

Did he get it right?
No he didn't.
It may cost him dearly.
Let's face it there's not a lot of big changes he can make with HIS team.

For all those who are saying that the referee was attrocious but it really didn't make a difference, what planet are you on? How could applying the rules, such as sending off Bowman, not have made a difference? How could not allowing them to kick and elbow us off the park not have made a difference? That was a shameful refereeing performance which, together with terrible goal keeping, should be called out for what it is. Bent.

If the ref had taken control from the start Bruno wouldnt have had to lash out. He looked like he'd reached snapping point.

Your definition of a winning team leaves me gobsmacked.

Winning team as in terms of last match, apart from Holt missing out in midfield (wrongly dropped) and rotation of keeper for this cup.

As in terms of winning team in your terms we are missing at least another 6/7 players

Can’t believe what I’m reading here

If the ref does his job propoerly we’re playing against 10 men from about the 15th minute
As bad at finishing as we were, don’t try and tell me that wouldn’t have made a difference

Second half they should’ve seen another off the park.

We would’ve strolled it

I don’t want favourable treatment for Rangers I just want fair treatment and an application of the rules

We had 2 clear cut chances before that which should have put us comfortably in front.
If you can’t debate your point without wanting to post abuse maybe best not to start threads on a football forum.

Us being really poor has a bigger impact for me than the refs performance.
As soon as we lost the first goal our bottle went.
Firstly, it was not myself that started the thread. I only decided to comment on it when i thought people were talking shite.

Secondly, we played pretty well and had several chances that we did not take over the 90 miuutes. But the thing is, you said "He was poor but that isn’t why we lost the game. Alves should have been off the park also."... The reason we lost the game is because the ref was poor and failed to send off two of their players for blatant red card offences, before Alves lost the plot. Had the ref done if job properly we woud never have come to the Alves incident. Hope you understand that a bit more/

We were bullied today and no Rangers player stood up to be counted. There was no protection from
A clown of a referee.

Morelos was subjected to assaults as were many of our players.

Alves was lucky very lucky.

The referee was inept and clueless. At least 2 Motherwell supporters should have been sent off.

That is no excuse for some of the poorest performances I have ever seen from Rangers players.

Windass I’m afraid should only be a squad player at best because the jersey is too big for him and Pena looks as though he is not interested.

Pedro should still get till next summer and we should go from there

Its pretty simple the ref will allow foul challenges against rangers , its been installed from higher authority.
No way does a ref from any other country allow a game to play out like today's .
I agree our midfield went missing this comes from knowing that you will be fouled and not protected.
Not enough quality in midfield dorrans missing pena missing and wundass lacks quality .

Well when you consider the mob across the city call him Brother McLean, it would suggest he doesn't save his ineptitude soley for us.

Today he missed 2 head injuries that should be automatic stoppages of play but he didn't notice. That highlights there's nothing underhand and that he is just a poor referee.

They put themselves in a bad position by not being honest from kick off By the time the games ending they've lost the plot totally as they're mentally exhausted

If “brother McLean” performed like that in one of their games he wouldn’t referee again, from being demoted or being unable to physically

He knows he gets away with it with us, able today after it “ see, I’m not one of them”

He was really poor.

Bowman should have walked, could have been booked again right after his yellow for his tackle on John. Then should have had a straight red for his elbow on Cardoso.

The Alves incident is laughable, easily two reds and we end up with a throw-in!

Still we only have ourselves to blame, because as a club we are a soft touch.

The ref was atrocious, absolutely pitiful, still didn't make a difference to our dreadful display.

Motherwell were the better side, they took their chances and were comfortable winners.
I disagree with you on that. Our poor display is down to poor refereeing. it is very difficult when a bunch of thugs are allowed to do what they want. This has been the pattern all season and it is hard for Rangers to play football covered in bruises and getting kicked all over the park. If the ref. does his job we could outplay them as it would be a different game altogether.

Referees have a duty to protect the safety of players on the pitch.Once again this one failed in his duty.Allowing elbow after elbow attacks on our players go unpunished.This is the same ref against thistle that allowed them to kick %^*& out of us.Someone at our club has to speak up.
No excuse for the defeat.If we don't put chances away we won't win.But the standard of refs in scotland is crap,especially when they take charge of us.If these elbows were against any other team the red card would be out.

Firstly, it was not myself that started the thread. I only decided to comment on it when i thought people were talking shite.

Secondly, we played pretty well and had several chances that we did not take over the 90 miuutes. But the thing is, you said "He was poor but that isn’t why we lost the game. Alves should have been off the park also."... The reason we lost the game is because the ref was poor and failed to send off two of their players for blatant red card offences, before Alves lost the plot. Had the ref done if job properly we woud never have come to the Alves incident. Hope you understand that a bit more/

How can you possibly say that? You don’t know why Alves did what he did. He has a history of crazy tackles, only need to see his challenge on Harry Kane I think it was in a friendly against England last year.

Regardless, the point is I would rather look inwardly at what we did wrong and how to improve, you want to blame others....and you made reference to others being poet like.

You'd think the ref might have known about the threats and having been forewarned been forearmed as opposed to doing the usual 'if I do my job I'll need to send off a few, Rangers will win and my career will be in jeopardy'

Back