Worst referee performance I’ve ever seen

McLean is a coward who goes out his way to ensure we get nothing from him.

Before the game they had a guy coming out wanting to fight Morelos, during the last game Moult got away with umpteen elbows.

From the very first whistle Mclean let them push, kick and elbow. It then prevented us from trying to play any football as we resorted to their kick and rush. Had he sent off Bowman like he should have the game wouldn't have descended into the farce it was. It was like watching something from the 70s where anything went. There was hardly any football played in that game at all.

As for the 2 assistants how could they miss so many incidents ?

Yes he did
The players were shite, but they’d have been playing against 10 men most of the game

The refs know we're better than the rest but will collapse eventually if they give us nothing for the first 60 minutes as we're not good enough to overcome it

He shat it - every big decision to be made he bottled it. Motherwell weren't even taking turns to foul our players they knew they could get away with it all game ...

Bowman was on a yellow when he went in late and caught John right on the ankle in the first half. Should have walked.
He then went up with one of the worst elbows ive seen in the game and he didnt get a red, he didnt get a second yellow, we didnt get a foul......... and the referee didnt even stop the match when our player was bleeding like a sheep.
Bowman was subbed right at the end of the game as a hero.
Scottish fitba..........where a Rangers player can get sent off for raising his arm in jubilation in the centre of the park.

I didnt think id ever see a worst performance than Beatons, today was far worse, this is not a coincidence, its premeditated application of different rules for us.

It is almost as though a directive has been sent out and the mhedia will be chipping in for a retrospectic clamour for Alves to get a ban, ever hear the pundits so much as mention the compliance rhat when their beloved's are dishing out their usual ?

Yes he did
The players were shite, but they’d have been playing against 10 men most of the game
Simple fact is, we couldn't stop Motherwell scoring 2 goals. We also couldn't score with numerous opportunities.

The ref affected the game but he did not cost us the game. A poor performance did that.

I do think our referees are a disgrace but lets face the facts. Our players and manager aren't good enough. The most expensive of which the manager has brought in simply isn't going to work.

We're out of two competitions to lesser teams. We can't string a run of results together. Refs aren't causing that, our manager is.

Last man challenge on Morelos, not given
Morelos booked for persistent fouling after 2 challenges
Bowman on a yellow, breaks a players nose with another elbow, nothing

And to be fair:

Alves should have been off.
Two blood injuries and both times doesn’t stop the game

I’ve never seen a performance that inept before.

Totally agree with this as it was a shocking performance from the referee although it doesn't take away from the utter abysmal performances from Windass and Gullit.

Just back in from the game put it on to see exactly how bad McLean was, 20 seconds gone and a clear blatant elbow on Dorrans on the half way line, 20 seconds ! and McLean just pats the Motherwell player on the back.

So just rubbish.

Not just this game, but every time he referees one of our games

Fair enough
I don't get up to many games, but was up for the Aberdeen game last season and McLean was reffing it. There were numerous decisions, all against us that i just couldn't fathom, including their forward bringing the ball down with his hand over his head leading to a goal, and neither McLean nor his linesman saw it (I don't actually believe that part). I don't believe for one moment that refs are not cheating us. The only time we seem to get a decision in our favour is when it's too late to affect a game, like the Alves foul today. And actually it is better when our player is booked as the compliance officer that Sutton is keen to get involved cannot punish our players. I like many other fans have been watching Rangers for years and have never seen refereeing like it.

Totally agree with this as it was a shocking performance from the referee although it doesn't take away from the utter abysmal performances from Windass and Gullit.

To be honest I think Dorrans was worse than both them, with Jack not far behind but then the two you mention are the first whipping boys

How can you possibly say that? You don’t know why Alves did what he did. He has a history of crazy tackles, only need to see his challenge on Harry Kane I think it was in a friendly against England last year.

Regardless, the point is I would rather look inwardly at what we did wrong and how to improve, you want to blame others....and you made reference to others being poet like.
Your first quote was "He was poor but that isn’t why we lost the game. Alves should have been off the park also"

I will end discussion with you there.

average performance from the team as we were allowing ourselves to be bullied and a blind ref the facilitated it

To be honest I think Dorrans was worse than both them, with Jack not far behind but then the two you mention are the first whipping boys
In Pena you can see a player. His quality of goals shows that. In Jack, we have a waste of space. Holt shoud never have been dropped for him. How anyone can say he has been sensational for us beggers believe.

Your first quote was "He was poor but that isn’t why we lost the game. Alves should have been off the park also"

I will end discussion with you there.

First point stands, he should have been off. The point of yours I was responding to was when you said if ref had sent off Motherwell players then Alves wouldn’t have did what he did. Which is nonsense.

Both teams could have finished with 8 men.
Bowman kipre and Moult
Alves Cardoso & (I think) Herrera pushing a player over in the melee.

In Pena you can see a player. His quality of goals shows that. In Jack, we have a waste of space. Holt shoud never have been dropped for him. How anyone can say he has been sensational for us beggers believe.

Quality?
In Pena?
You're kidding yourself.
Bar 4 goals he has done nothing
His touch is poor, his effort is non existent, he doesn't look to get involved in moves and doesn't link with Morelos.

The referee was awful today but unfortunately when faced with a physical battle we were found wanting again.

First point stands, he should have been off. The point of yours I was responding to was when you said if ref had sent off Motherwell players then Alves wouldn’t have did what he did. Which is nonsense.
Your first point stands in the fact the refs poor decisions did not have an affect on the game? Really? Motherwell should have been down to 10 me after about 20 minutes and then 9 after Morelos was hacked down. How does this not affect the game?

Your first point stands in the fact the refs poor decisions did not have an affect on the game? Really? Motherwell should have been down to 10 me after about 20 minutes and then 9 after Morelos was hacked down. How does this not affect the game?

There you go again misrepresenting what I said. I said we lost the game because we couldn’t deal with the situations that arose. I would rather look at what we are doing rather than blame others.

Let’s leave it at that.

There you go again misrepresenting what I said. I said we lost the game because we couldn’t deal with the situations that arose. I would rather look at what we are doing rather than blame others.

Let’s leave it at that.
Misrepresenting what you said? You said..." He was poor but that isn’t why we lost the game. Alves should have been off the park also"
So we did not lose the game due to inept refereeing

That is total bullshit and dont try and kid on it is not... That was your words. The words i disagree with.

Misrepresenting what you said? You said..." He was poor but that isn’t why we lost the game. Alves should have been off the park also"
So we did not lose the game due to inept refereeing

That is total bullshit and dont try and kid on it is not... That was your words. The words i disagree with.

Let’s agree to disagree as you seem unable to acknowledge the fact that we should have enough about us to rise above it and win the game. That’s how I see it.. you would rather play the blame game.

I still can't believe the Morelos incident in the first half.

Are you allowed to just completely ignore a blatant foul because you might have a difficult decision to make on the colour of the card?

Simple fact is, we couldn't stop Motherwell scoring 2 goals. We also couldn't score with numerous opportunities.

The ref affected the game but he did not cost us the game. A poor performance did that.

I do think our referees are a disgrace but lets face the facts. Our players and manager aren't good enough. The most expensive of which the manager has brought in simply isn't going to work.

We're out of two competitions to lesser teams. We can't string a run of results together. Refs aren't causing that, our manager is.

Jesus H Christ.
We are being systematically cheated but hey just ignore that and blame everyone else
If we plaŷed well today that lady's front bottom would’ve found a way to get us beat

Let’s agree to disagree as you seem unable to acknowledge the fact that we should have enough about us to rise above it and win the game. That’s how I see it.. you would rather play the blame game.
I am not agreeing to disagree with anyone. Your comment that it was not the refs poor performance had nothing to do with us getting beat is just pure and utter garbage. You think we would not have won that game if they were down to 10 men after 20 minutes or 9 after the Morelos incident?

I am not agreeing to disagree with anyone. Your comment that it was not the refs poor performance had nothing to do with us getting beat is just pure and utter garbage. You think we would not have won that game if they were down to 10 men after 20 minutes or 9 after the Morelos incident?

Yawn.....

Let's face it there's not a lot of big changes he can make with HIS team.

There are a lot of players at Rangers.
Probably more than the Motherwell manager has to draw on, and hopefully more of better quality.
So weakness of squad is maybe an excuse against The Filth, but it doesn't wash in a match against Motherwell.

Now you can chase me all day if you want about what team I would or wouldn't have picked, but the short of it all, is that I don't spend all week on the training ground with the players, and I don't have eight hours a day to study our opponents.
Further who do you reckon Dave King will be pissed off with tonight over team selection and failure on the park, Pedro or me?

Take your time.

There are a lot of players at Rangers.
Probably more than the Motherwell manager has to draw on, and hopefully more of better quality.
So weakness of squad is maybe an excuse against The Filth, but it doesn't wash in a match against Motherwell.

Now you can chase me all day if you want about what team I would or wouldn't have picked, but the short of it all, is that I don't spend all week on the training ground with the players, and I don't have eight hours a day to study our opponents.
Further who do you reckon Dave King will be pissed off with tonight over team selection and failure on the park, Pedro or me?

Take your time.

I'm blaming you.

Today's ref cheated today and has cheated us in the past. It's over, we can't do anything to win big games. They simply won't allow it.

I don't feel comfortable with this mate.
There is an argument against Beaton versus Hibs at Ibrox, but today the players cheated the fans and the manager. We lost today through lack of desire end of.

Jesus H Christ.
We are being systematically cheated but hey just ignore that and blame everyone else
If we plaŷed well today that lady's front bottom would’ve found a way to get us beat

This all day long.

A cowardly inept performance again from a Scottish referee and we are accepting of it. If the club does not come out and ask questions about this, Beaton and the general standard of refereeing then we cannot sit and bitch when it carries on across the season. We need to take a stance. The stance doesn't need to be negative - we can ask why, in this day and age a referee cannot be fully supported by a video referee for key incidents in the game. Our failure to do that at the top level in this country will see standards continue to deteriorate, fans cheated of a decent spectacle and people lose their jobs. If

Pedro goes tonight for example then I'll happily say that other results have a big bearing in that. However I've watched Brown assault our players with impunity and our players assaulted on the pitch during and after games. The SFA has to stand up and be counted but they are as cowardly as their inept whistlers and as for the media, they prefer to chase a man out of a job today rather than demand action on failing refereeing standards.

Yes complain about Pedro, but do nothing about the cancer and it will kill us every time.

Back