Hummel Transfer Centre (January 2019)

I read another article saying Fenerbahce have a budget of 11 million euros and 6-7 million euros will be on Robert Skov. It is still probably out of our price range sadly. Saying that, paying that amoun in the mean time, knowing Morelos may be off in the summer could work but cant see it happening as that'd be fairly risky.

I also saw another player Rangers if you're looking in and want to look. Giorgi Chakvetadze from Gent. :)):))

Skov may be out our range I don’t believe fisher is though

I read another article saying Fenerbahce have a budget of 11 million euros and 6-7 million euros will be on Robert Skov. It is still probably out of our price range sadly. Saying that, paying that amoun in the mean time, knowing Morelos may be off in the summer could work but cant see it happening as that'd be fairly risky.

Agree Laudrup. Maybe if we got 15-20m for Alfie ? Even then just maybe. Looking at his highlights, they’re nearly all beauties. He doesn’t seem to score strikers goals ( ie tap ins & rebounds ). :D

Mind you if guys like say Koljic or this guy Grant could be got for below 2m I’d be very surprised if we spent over 5m on one player no matter who he is ?

Just in on the thread is it Skov Olsen or Copenhagen’s Robert Skov we’re after?
Nobody knows as yet, However it seems Robert Skov might be out of our price range. Making Andreas Skov Olsen more likely, However it is all guess work. The exciting thing is Gerrard, Scoulding and Allen with all 3 of them travelling to supposedly speak to a player, the said player must be pretty good and very important to future plans. Its exciting as good chance our business this window is not finished. Only 11 days to go.

Nobody knows as yet, However it seems Robert Skov might be out of our price range. Making Andreas Skov Olsen more likely, However it is all guess work. The exciting thing is Gerrard, Scoulding and Allen with all 3 of them travelling to supposedly speak to a player, the said player must be pretty good and very important to future plans. Its exciting as good chance our business this window is not finished. Only 11 days to go.

As far as I can tell, not only do we not know which player we are talking about - we don’t actually know for sure that the 3 ‘Gers actually travelled to Denmark.

Keeps the thread going though.:)

I think we have 10 to spend in the summer and he question is more along the thought of, if a player is available now then we go for him.

It is becoming clear that we need someone down the right hand side

Candeias gives his all & is a good squad player, but his delivery is pretty inconsistent, so I’m with you.
Also, if we’re not getting an improvement on goals from midfield then the alternative is to do what this signing would suggest & get a front three with more goals in them like Liverpool do.

I’m so confused by this ... the player and do we even know if the gaffer was going there or just that he was in a BA lounge ?

I’m so confused by this ... the player and do we even know if the gaffer was going there or just that he was in a BA lounge ?

I think it a safe bet that Allen, Gerrard and Scoulding were in the BA Lounge at Glasgow Airport and had their photo taken by a Bear,

Who was going to Denmark - the Bear or the Rangers party - is open for debate, since the Facebook post is ambiguous.

There was talk of the Rangers guys heading to a match in London - but not showing.

Lots of assumptions being made I fancy.

I think it a safe bet that Allen, Gerrard and Scoulding were in the BA Lounge at Glasgow Airport and had their photo taken by a Bear,

Who was going to Denmark - the Bear or the Rangers party - is open for debate, since the Facebook post is ambiguous.

There was talk of the Rangers guys heading to a match in London - but not showing.

Charlton confirmed that Gerrard has expressed an interest in Grant, and SG had booked tickets for their game but didn’t show.

So it does seem likely that we were scouting someone mate. No ?

John Brown watched the Charlton game

Charlton confirmed that Gerrard has expressed an interest in Grant, and SG had booked tickets for their game but didn’t show.

So it does seem likely that we were scouting someone mate. No ?

Well, the three of them obviously travelled somewhere LOL. Given they were back in time for the game today it’s also fair to say it can’t have been that far afield and that, if any discussions happened, they didn’t last overly long.

Someone else (John Brown?) attended the Charlton game instead of the others.

Other than that we are all just guessing. No?;)

To temper some of the Andreas Skov Olsen stuff.

He’s a talented lad but this is his first half season of senior football. He was playing under 19s until the summer and still has a lot of development to do.

Nordsjælland are well known for developing young talent, Olsen, being the latest. But a move to Rangers at this stage in his career would be a bit premature for me.

He’s a talented lad but this is his first half season of senior football. He was playing under 19s until the summer and still has a lot of development to do.

Nordsjælland are well known for developing young talent, Olsen, being the latest. But a move to Rangers at this stage in his career would be a bit premature for me.

Took lovenkrands a while too...

To be fair if we even are interested in him at all, this is the time to get him.

Before he gets any better and more popular and ends up out of our price range.

Assume he just saw the FB post?

Think ID10 was the first to mention it on here. Someone else who I didn’t recognise replied saying that the club wanted that kept quiet. Dunno who that was or if they have a history of being ITK but the comment sounded credible. ID10 then replied that it was already all over social media so any embargo was pointless.

It certainly seems like quite a few factors make the trip sound like more than a run of the mill signing. The fact that all 3 went. The fact that plans seem to have been changed fairly late and potentially to the detriment of another transfer (the Charlton kid). The fact that the club apparently wanted it kept quiet. All would suggest it is something significant. Of course we may be unsuccessful in whatever it was.

Took lovenkrands a while too...
Lovenkrands signed in an era where we were spending significant levels of money on the first team. £1/2m on a development project was nothing. Those days are gone.

And my overall point was in reference to several posters suggesting he looks exactly what we need. The reality is he’s a young lad that wouldn’t displace Kent or Candeias.

Show me where I said anything like that? You have read what you wanted to see bud

I said it’s a bit difficult when pictures are all over social media, in a reaction to a poster telling us Rangers didn’t want that stuff out there
Ah sorry mate I thought you were implying cause the pictures were out then that was why you told us, apologies.

Good young player but can't see Gerrard and co flying out to Denmark to sign him. Sounds to me as if the guy in the photo with Stevie was going to Copnhagen and someone on here has jumped the gun a bit.

Well, the three of them obviously travelled somewhere LOL. Given they were back in time for the game today it’s also fair to say it can’t have been that far afield and that, if any discussions happened, they didn’t last overly long.

Someone else (John Brown?) attended the Charlton game instead of the others.

Other than that we are all just guessing. No?;)

You’re right VB. We’re guessing. But it’s fun.

Seriously, I’m still hoping we can add another attack minded player. We have a long & vital few months ahead, and a quality signing ( I’m hoping say 2m ) can be the difference with 55 and or a cup win and not.
Arfield & Davis are quality, but will they start every game ? And do they have the legs for 2 games a week ? To me, adding another bit of quality would allow us to rest them when required.

Good young player but can't see Gerrard and co flying out to Denmark to sign him. Sounds to me as if the guy in the photo with Stevie was going to Copnhagen and someone on here has jumped the gun a bit.

That’s certainly possible. But just opens another can of worms. Where were they going? Clearly it wasn’t London as they didn’t show to watch the Charlton kid.

That’s certainly possible. But just opens another can of worms. Where were they going? Clearly it wasn’t London as they didn’t show to watch the Charlton kid.

What flights were available around the timestamp of the photo showing him/them at Glasgow Airport?

Back