Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - BT Sports

Well that brought us back down to earth again
No question that we shouldve stuck to 433 but tbe concerning thing for me is how Worral mistake effected us. We rarely threatened after that. Bad bad night. Makes our next 3 must wins.

Worrall has changed that game with his absolute shocking bit of play for their first goal. He needs binned ASAP and Katic needs to be put back in the team.

We were second to almost every loose ball tonight and we would have benefitted with having McCrorie in the team.

Again we make it hard for ourselves and we need to go on a long winning run to recover after that pish tonight.

Fucking raging.

Stupid fuckin defensive mistakes cost us that game. Worrall needs a time out after that absolute howler what more does Katic need to do to start a game.
It's time to take Katic back in. He's better than what we have at the moment.
Transfer window is still open. I wonder if SG will be thinking about another centre half.

What a terrible performence!!! First 20 minutes was quick and disisive passing, possession was 67% to to 37%..Then we shot ourselves in the foot and never done anything of note in the rest of the game

Fucking deja vu again. How often do we insist katic starts but doesn't, Kents the only one with pass marks, the rest - fucking embarrassing

Scum game now looks a false dawn. Reality of this team was tonight’s performance.
The reality is Killie, with Chris Burke and Kirk Broadfoot are clear of us in 2nd now. Let that sink in. Much work to do before we return on cup duty, assuming we beat Cowdenbeath.

Summary of tonight -

*Match played on carpet
*Brophy should have been off
*Three of our players fouled in the box
*Both Killie goals were down to our players errors
*The formation was abhorrent and wasn't changed until it was too late
*At least we have had some match practice on carpet ahead of Sunday

The manager must take the blame for that one .A place where everybody new we were in for a battle and he brings in two guys who haven't played for months and leaves out guys who gave everything against them.When will people realise two up front doesn't work anymore.Absolutely fuckin sickened

To change the whole system to accommodate Defoe is baffling.
There is a starting 11 right in front of Gerrard’s nose bar 1 or 2 changes when needed and that means playing Morelos up top on his own and replacing him with Defoe when needed

Some of the comments about Gerrard are fucking shocking.

How can he legislate for Worral doing what he did , Alfie hitting the post and Shagger throwing one in !

To give up the title to the scum in this position is unforgivable, some of you need to take a look in the mirror

Ps dimond for me didn’t work , far too narrow

Manager has to take the blame. After the equaliser it was clear the formation was not working. Story of the season. 1 step forward 2 steps back

Bit of a reality check tonight.

We certainly raised our game against Celtic but we've miles to go.

Davis and Defoe looked like 2 guys who hadn't played much in 6 months and will need time to get up to speed.

We'll have to take the rough with the smooth with guys like Worrall. He has ability but he is young and will make mistakes. You can see why Forrest were keen for him to go out on loan and get experience.

4-3-1-2 is a complete non starter as a formation for me. Completely kills the width. 95% of games we play teams sit deep and crowd the defence. You need to be able to stretch the game in that scenario.

Anyway, congratulations to the mentally challengeds on their latest title.

Hell mend any Rangers fan who believes their blunder boy Katic is the difference between success and failure.

The title looks beyond us. I hoped we'd maintain something close to the standards from the Celtic game but it isn't happening. We've seen this game so often this season, and it's only going to keep happening.

We've completely fucked ourselves. Gerrard has made some poor decisions, the players have shown too much cowardice and too little desire on far more occasions than is acceptable.

These four games were must-win and it's all fucked in game one.

Bullshit, there's a lot of money on that park, so called professional footballers, if one shit mistake is going to cause a so called title challenging team into submission then we are totally fekked. Gerrard fekked it. Not worral
Gerrard to blame for Worrall’s error then.
That was the key moment.

We were cruising until Worrall’s monumental %^*& up. That gave Kilmarnock the confidence to press us and expose our lack of width.

Katic must wonder what he has to do to make the team, that pairing is as bad as Martin and Alves last season.

Defoe is a goal scorer, but we can’t play a formation like that again. In a big away game like that we need to be playing Alfredo up front with a view to bringing Defoe on.

Kent is the only player that really gets pass marks for me tonight, absolutely brutal game and our title chances are looking very slim.

Fell at the first hurdle of our difficult run of games and whilst Worralls mistake was horrendous Gerrard got it badly wrong tonight and failed to make the changes when required, perhaps inexperience or just stubborn I’m not sure but successful managers either set up correctly from the start or are able to quickly change it when the see it not working.

If we were serious about winning the league we would have to win games like this. Its proven tonight that we aint serious at all. Lacklustre, poor performance and we deserved nothing from it. Gerrards look st the end said it all.

you
Some of the comments about Gerrard are fucking shocking.

How can he legislate for Worral doing what he did , Alfie hitting the post and Shagger throwing one in !

To give up the title to the scum in this position is unforgivable, some of you need to take a look in the mirror

Ps dimond for me didn’t work , far too narrow
you start by saying how can you blame Gerrard then slate HIS tactics with the formation he put out.

Davis was non existent as was the other two. Hence hitting Defoe with long balls all night. Take your blinkers off.
They are off and he still offered more than players still on the park at the end. He ended up playing really deep because Jack did nothing and McAuley and Worrall did less than nothing.

Worrel flogged it but we had 45 minutes to turn it round. We should have changed something at half time then they would have to adapt but we just kept the same dross that we played first half. No pass marks tonight and Jones put to bed any theory that he wouldn't try
Absolutely scunnered. Off to bed.

McCrorie MOTM against the Dhims never featured. He won every tackle against them. We were in a war tonight and we needed and warriors. We got wimps at times!!

All I want is this team to make a fucking statement about their titles credentials. Beating Celtic is great but go on a run and cement your position. Instead, we're one step forward two steps back.

Sadly we did make a statement about our title credentials but I wasn't the one we wanted.

Bullshit, there's a lot of money on that park, so called professional footballers, if one shit mistake is going to cause a so called title challenging team into submission then we are totally fekked. Gerrard fekked it. Not worral

Bullshit. Worrall sold the goal when we were on top, the goal changed the game. Gerrard is as culpable for picking his mate, but ultimately Worrall isn’t good enough for Rangers and cost us dear tonight. End of fucking story

Amazing how an entire game can change so much on one incident but Worral’s absolute howler completely flipped the game on its head, we should have been 3-0 at that point.

Back