Hummel Transfer Centre (January 2019)

Christ man, we all know he won't be on the pitch playing. I'd be very surprised if he isn't there wandering around with park with the rest celebrating though. That's what I meant - rather obviously.:rolleyes::):)

Would rather he left to get some football tbh. He’s been told he’s not part of the managers plans

Another window shutting and we are still lacking that bit of magic from MidfIeld

Seems that it’s taken as a given we’ve had a great window, not sure we’ve added a game changer, Davis should improve us but needs time, Defoe I’m just not convinced about, looks like we’ve signed a big name who won’t actually add much to us, rest of signings, Polster is very much unknown and don’t really understand signing a keeper from English non league

Can’t help but think many have got carried away and ultimately we’ve signed one guy who might start every week

Time will tell

Defoe
2 games
1 goal
1 assist

Whay exactly is it you expect of him?

images-jpeg-2.jpg

Bay otta

so anything happeing

one things for sure, this wont be as good as the end of the summe transfer thread

where is SOLANKE announce SOLANKE

McKenna is a decent backs against the wall type of defender but if he was to go to the tims for example where they always play out from the back he would struggle big time Boyata is just a bombscare he only looks like a defender when nobody presses him when a team does a high press against him he gets shown up as a complete diddy

Defoe
2 games
1 goal
1 assist

Whay exactly is it you expect of him?

Come on, he looks already like he doesn’t fit into system we want to play, I actually don’t doubt he can score goals, he’s a poacher but we just don’t play a style that suits him

I hope he scores 15 goals from now to end of season but I would bet he will be lucky to start 5 / 10 games

I am just trying to say I think people have got caught up in the Defoe piece believing we have signed the same level he was 10yrs ago, think that’s hard to argue with to be honest, the reaction has been OTT for a player who won’t often be starting games for us

In your opinion!

I happen to think McKenna is more than decent. And obviously so do professional football scouts as Stoke (apparently) value him at £5m
The thing is if aberdeen view him as a £5 million player are they paying him the wage equivalent for that kind of value? I highly doubt that. I'd be surprised if Aberdeen can demand massive fees for players who could earn 5 times their current wage without making the player unhappy. A transfer fee used to be mainly to cover the cost of the players contract.
We are probably guity of that mindset too where we are demanding x amount of millions for players yet we might not be paying them what an xmillion player should be getting but its the reason the likes of tav and morelos got bumper deals after bids were knocked back as we know they would need to be paid an equivalent wage to what we value them.

Come on, he looks already like he doesn’t fit into system we want to play, I actually don’t doubt he can score goals, he’s a poacher but we just don’t play a style that suits him

I hope he scores 15 goals from now to end of season but I would bet he will be lucky to start 5 / 10 games

I am just trying to say I think people have got caught up in the Defoe piece believing we have signed the same level he was 10yrs ago, think that’s hard to argue with to be honest, the reaction has been OTT for a player who won’t often be starting games for us
We signed someone on loan who has experience at top level and reinforced a position that badly needed it. He’s played two games and opened an account in both. It’s still early days in terms of his Match fitness and his familiarity with how we want to play and his chemistry with the other players. I just can’t see a negative to him as an addition to the squad. Each to their own.

Back