Hummel Transfer Centre (January 2019)

Too late in the window for Del Boy to spend much, if any, of that. Wonder if he will get any in the Summer? I fancy not a lot.

They've no idea how their new stadium is going to be financed. Can't see McInnes seeing too much of it, if any.

In your opinion!

I happen to think McKenna is more than decent. And obviously so do professional football scouts as Stoke (apparently) value him at £5m

Perhaps they didn't see his minor indiscretion against Fredo at the Pit first game of the season when perhaps he could have seen yellow at least !

So, on the basis of this and out of interest, where would you value Conor Goldson ?

Despite rumours & speculation, Official word is we are done for the day

No ins or outs, infact no business of any kind expected or currently being done

That’s the official line & reconfirms what they have being saying

Up to you whether you believe it or not
So are we not even getting shot of Pena?

I could believe it ID10. Slightly disappointing but hey ho.

I believe it 100 per cent .

Perhaps they didn't see his minor indiscretion against Fredo at the Pit first game of the season when perhaps he could have seen yellow at least !

So, on the basis of this and out of interest, where would you value Conor Goldson ?

I’m unsure what the first part has to do with what Stoke want to pay for the player.

I’ve no idea what Goldson is worth tbh, I could make up a number but ultimately my valuation is worthless.

I will tell you he is a quality player though ;)

We can't just constantly recruit. We need a serious effort in the next 4 months and getting players off the wage bill.

Wallace
Hodson
Herrera
Pena
Alnwick
Holt
Dodoo

All with no future but still receiving a wage.

Docherty and Rossiter may have a future but currently contributing nothing.

Even Flanagan, Lafferty, Grezda, Coulibally and a few more on decent money but not contributing much.

The squad is bulging at the seams. If you expected some drama today given that lot are still on the payroll I'd say your just not willing to digest the reality of the situation.

Bit surprised that we havn't signed Kamara.

Dundee will be stuck with an unmotivated player and will have to pay his wages.
Still 6 hours to go.You never know.

We need midfielders with composure on

the ball, who have good touch and who can receive a pass look up and release early.

Kamara fits that bill.

We can't just constantly recruit. We need a serious effort in the next 4 months and getting players off the wage bill.

Wallace
Hodson
Herrera
Pena
Alnwick
Holt
Dodoo

All with no future but still receiving a wage.

Docherty and Rossiter may have a future but currently contributing nothing.

Even Flanagan, Lafferty, Grezda, Coulibally and a few more on decent money but not contributing much.

The squad is bulging at the seams. If you expected some drama today given that lot are still on the payroll I'd say your just not willing to digest the reality of the situation.

Excellent post . Frankly I refuse to believe people are so thick to not comprehend this, so I think they are just having a bit of fun on deadline day . Reality is nothing is happening . I’m happy we did our business early and professionally .

He was a DOF signing IIRC. We also wanted Jones that window as well. Both players never good enough for where we want to be... Still astounded we are signing Jones.

We need players able to compete in the Scottish league, on a rainy night out in St. Johnstone, Motherwell and the like. Jones has enouh for that and may well become better with better players about. Kent is no certainty and the jury is out on Grezda. Maybe Middleton is destined for left-wing glory, but Jones is tried and tested Premiership material that is good to have.

We can always cite a dozen or more who did not improve our team or were duds and whatnot. People joining from "lesser teams". On the other hand, Jones may still become a Andy Robertson signing for us, one that leaves us all wondering.

Sean Goss ... well, I'm sure he will get games at St. Johnstone, which is no certainty in England. Maybe he was also sent there to build up his physics. Hyndman at Hibs is another example, and there are quite a few at Dundee United, strangely enough.

Back