Cocaine epidemic on the terraces

Biggest myth going about drugs. Tell it to the people who get in debt and find themselves breaking into houses, stealing motors or robbing folk to repay what they owe. Tell it to the people they're traumatising. Tell it to the cartel victims in South and Central America at the source who are being cut to pieces literally. Tell it to the innocent lad on the dance floor who accidentally bumps into some coked up hardman who gets a glass in his face and a scar for life for the trouble.

Ssshhhhhhh that's too much truth there.

I've saw that first hand happen and it's not a pleasant sight. As you say some Plastic hardmen smashing a glass etc into someone's face for looking at them the wrong way.

Don't forget the families misery of people affected by drugs and all that goes with it will gangsters lord it up in their fancy houses, clothes and cars made through other people's misery and addiction.

Biggest myth going about drugs. Tell it to the people who get in debt and find themselves breaking into houses, stealing motors or robbing folk to repay what they owe. Tell it to the people they're traumatising. Tell it to the cartel victims in South and Central America at the source who are being cut to pieces literally. Tell it to the innocent lad on the dance floor who accidentally bumps into some coked up hardman who gets a glass in his face and a scar for life for the trouble.
If you're truly concerned about these issues then hear me out on this.

Literally every single one of issues would be removed completely by legalising.

Ive repeated this a few times on here but if the drugs are produced ethically and legally by licensed outfits you remove the cartels/gangsters that produce, sell and profit from them.

Recreational users can buy what they want safely and pay tax on them. Due to the appeal of drugs as they are now, illegal, I imagine this would be a tremendous earner for UK plc.

The tax would pay for schemes which see addicts given prescriptions for drugs and then they are monitored in programmes which reduce their use over time, safely.

No longer are addicts robbing people or houses to fund their habit and recreational users can continue to use drugs when they see fit without risk of ingesting cut drugs with devastating side effects.

Oh and people who don't do drugs still don't have to and they'd be far less likely to be a victim of drug related crime.

I'm genuinely interested to hear if you think thats a worse scenario than what you have described.

Edit missed the bit about the coked up hard man. Any drunk arsehole can inflict that damage. Im sure we all know a few people who are capable of that sober.

Pricks will be Pricks with or without drugs.

Ive repeated this a few times on here but if the drugs are produced ethically and legally by licensed outfits you remove the cartels/gangsters that produce, sell and profit from them.

Recreational users can buy what they want safely and pay tax on them. Due to the appeal of drugs as they are now, illegal, I imagine this would be a tremendous earner for UK plc.

The tax would pay for schemes which see addicts given prescriptions for drugs and then they are monitored in programmes which reduce their use over time, safely.

No longer are addicts robbing people or houses to fund their habit and recreational users can continue to use drugs when they see fit without risk of ingesting cut drugs with devastating side effects.

Oh and people who don't do drugs still don't have to and they'd be far less likely to be a victim of drug related crime.

I'm genuinely interested to hear if you think thats a worse scenario than what you have described.

Is this what basically happens in Amsterdam? Albeit that's Weed and not Coke

Is this what basically happens in Amsterdam? Albeit that's Weed and not Coke
I believe Amsterdam have a similar scheme yeah.

There are a few across Europe along similar lines. Some offer safe zones for addicts to use drugs and others offer the drugs in a controlled way.

If heroin addicts were given prescriptions for daily doses far more of them could go out and live a close to normal life and contribute to society a lot more. By the time addicts get to the stage of being utterly dependant they're not trying to get high, they're just trying to get back to normality.

But who's determining what level is "safe? Are there restrictions on the amounts you can purchase?

Well it must be a slow news day. People have taken various drugs at football for as long as I can remember. I seem to remember joints being smoked in the toilets before the smoking ban.

But who's determining what level is "safe? Are there restrictions on the amounts you can purchase?
Well this is another question entirely but a sign of progress.

I would argue that the main aim would be to make drugs safe i.e. free from additives which are known to inflict harm.

I believe education would be crucial in ensuring that everyone was aware of the potency, effects, duration etc of all drugs and it would be the users responsibility to manage.

If you look at alcohol for example, a non drinker could easily get alcohol poisoning by ingesting far too much vodka too quickly yet any adult can buy a trolley full of booze from any supermarket in the UK.

With everything you will get people who take it too far but sadly you cannot account for idiots. All you can do is ensure everyone has all the facts.

Education in schools happens now but it's done in line with the official view on drugs therefore its pretty ineffective in its current form.

Banning alcohol wouldn’t bother me mate. I like a beer or a glass of wine but if it was banned I’d be fine with it. I’d ban cigarettes and cease medical support for those that continue to smoke and get cancer as a result as it’s self inflicted. We all have different views on how to improve society.
Lunatic haha

For a start if people are responsible enough with alcohol then it shouldn't harm them compared to that other shite.

Sorry but someone standing in a cubicle at a football match stuffing that shite up their noses when there is fcking kids around should booted from here to into next year. Utter Scumbags.

two words rarely used together in the same sentence.

Based on the fact you enjoy a beer or glass of wine but if it were arbitrarily deemed illegal you would abide by that no problems. At what point would you be brave enough to say no?You're on a Rangers board so I'm assuming you go to matches. One day it's ruled that people are no longer to attend football matches. I assume you'd be fine with that and everyone going to the football would be scum for braking the law. What about cars being banned, people still driving or selling cars should be killed as its against the law and we must all obey it.

What would be the straw that broke the camels back for you? Your post about going along with an alcohol ban was pathetic!

Love the guys on here who know everything and are always right especially when someone has an alternative view.
For the record I can take or leave alcohol if it was banned I would not be protesting like I’ve said every one is entitled to a view. Maybe not in your world!

A laughable point of view given the same applies to alcohol, junk food etc.

I’m guessing people who drink/eat too much and end up with horrendous diseases should also be denied treatment going by your logic too then?
Yes possibly no reason for people to eat to the extent some do.

Love the guys on here who know everything and are always right especially when someone has an alternative view.
For the record I can take or leave alcohol if it was banned I would not be protesting like I’ve said every one is entitled to a view. Maybe not in your world!
Dare I say if everyone is entitled to a view this should also be extended to everyone is entitled to choice?

You choose to drink, or not, your perogative.

Why can't others choose what other substances they wish to enjoy?

So what would you protest at having removed from you? You're totally dodging my point. You can take or leave alcohol but why shoul you have the choice to take it removed and why would you just meekly accept that?

Dare I say if everyone is entitled to a view this should also be extended to everyone is entitled to choice?

Because alcohol is legal to buy and consume? Society has to have laws which people should adhere to?
If we get to the point where there are ‘drug stores’ everywhere that are legal that’s a different situation. Fortunately no one is suggesting that who is in a position to actually make it the law.

Nail on head mate. Maybe hell reply saying he's entitled to the choice of killing you or locking you up for life for it though :D

So what would you protest at having removed from you? You're totally dodging my point. You can take or leave alcohol but why shoul you have the choice to take it removed and why would you just meekly accept that?

Because it’s not an issue for me personally. So not sure what I’m dodging? I’ve said what I thought.

Because alcohol is legal to buy and consume? Society has to have laws which people should adhere to?
If we get to the point where there are ‘drug stores’ everywhere that are legal that’s a different situation. Fortunately no one is suggesting that who is in a position to actually make it the law.
Slavery wasnt illegal up until 1833.

Female genital mutilation wasn't illegal until last year.

Should those things not have been outlawed because previous governments deemed them acceptable?

Laws are there for a reason but society grows as time passes. Laws must be updated in line with society also otherwise they are not fit for purpose.

I am watching the young male suicide rate rise - mental heath issues? Maybe.
Drug related? Almost a certainty.
Its a shame that a percentage of our young men will commit Hara kiri due to a dependency on shite drugs or the financial implications due to the same shite drugs.
Its also tragic for their friends and families to watch, and the faux bravado that surrounds it is fuckin pathetic - turning decent young guys into neds.

So people should be denied health care for smoking and eating habits?

I’m guessing compassion isn’t one of your strong points.

It absolutely is for those that deserve it. Eating yourself to hospital bed isn’t worthy of compassion equally smoking kills it’s not a new revelation. Have a McDonalds once a month don’t add 0.20p to your coffee order in Greggs and you don’t get a roll on sausage. Don’t smoke full stop it’s not a necessity.
I have nothing but compassion for a guy like Ricksen or the many others stuck down by disease that they didn’t ‘contribute’ to? Fail to see what’s wrong with that but clearly I am wired differently.

Slavery wasnt illegal up until 1833.

Female genital mutilation wasn't illegal until last year.

Should those things not have been outlawed because previous governments deemed them acceptable?

Laws are there for a reason but society grows as time passes. Laws must be updated in line with society also otherwise they are not fit for purpose.

And I missed your point? Aye okay.

It absolutely is for those that deserve it. Eating yourself to hospital bed isn’t worthy of compassion equally smoking kills it’s not a new revelation. Have a McDonalds once a month don’t add 0.20p to your coffee order in Greggs and you don’t get a roll on sausage. Don’t smoke full stop it’s not a necessity.
I have nothing but compassion for a guy like Ricksen or the many others stuck down by disease that they didn’t ‘contribute’ to? Fail to see what’s wrong with that but clearly I am wired differently.

Aye, you can say that again.

And I missed your point? Aye okay.
The only point I've seen you make is that people should be forced into a lepar colony for choosing to enjoy different things in life than you do.

Let's put it this way, right now are drugs legal? On the whole, no.

Do we have a high number of people currently using drugs in this country? Yes, ubdoubtably.

So the current system of prohibition does not prevent drug use. That is an absolute, stone cold fact which is indisputable.

Why are you so against reforms?

Why not create a mature environment where people are given the knowledge to choose what substances, if any, to enjoy in moderation.

Surely you can admit that drugs aren't going away?

Seen folk taking it in amongst the smokers in the toilets in the Coupland rear earlier this season. Brazen in the middle of the room.

My 13yo son uses those toilets. He shouldn't be exposed to that.

Scumbags regardless of the colour of their scarves.

Seen folk taking it in amongst the smokers in the toilets in the Coupland rear earlier this season. Brazen in the middle of the room.

To do that is utterly disgusting and as its now BANNED.

But to stand in a toilet of a football ground and consume an ILLEGAL CLASS A drug when there is children using those toilets is utterly shameful and deserves a fucking good slapping and banning from the ground.

Anyone defending that should be booted square in the balls too.

Aa I've stated previously anyone needing to consume that to be socially accepted needs to re-evaluate their bloody life.

Well this is another question entirely but a sign of progress.

I would argue that the main aim would be to make drugs safe i.e. free from additives which are known to inflict harm.

Who's manufacturing the drugs in this scenario?

If you're creating a business then profit margins become an issue. You're also wanting to hook your consumer. Is this an open market where companies are allowed to compete?

Who's manufacturing the drugs in this scenario?

If you're creating a business then profit margins become an issue. You're also wanting to hook your consumer. Is this an open market where companies are allowed to compete?
A very small number of licensed private companies with experience in chemistry I'd imagine would produce the products in a heavily regulated environment.

Extremely tight controls from the government re advertising, marketing operations and also full visibility on customer care processes to ensure they are highlighting problem users to the necessary organisations.

Alcohol, tobacco and gambling products are all produced by private companies and all are arguably highly addictive products for some who use them.

I think the drugs industry should be set up similarly although with more controls around the business ethics of the suppliers. This can be achieved with legislation much in the same way as what we're seeing now with gambling companies.

The key difference being the regulators will have a wealth of knowledge and experience with the potential pitfalls of drugs and should have the right processes in place from get go, unlike tobacco, alcohol and gambling which the regulators are still playing catch up with.

I don't have all the answers but I do truly believe the current system is broken and needs drastic reform.

Given all of the different methods which have been tried to rid the world of drugs (prohibition, tougher prison sentences etc) we still have such a high number of people consuming drugs, it's time to accept that drugs are not going away. We need to accept it for what it is and manage it in the most responsible way possible.

Banning alcohol wouldn’t bother me mate. I like a beer or a glass of wine but if it was banned I’d be fine with it. I’d ban cigarettes and cease medical support for those that continue to smoke and get cancer as a result as it’s self inflicted. We all have different views on how to improve society.
Your idea of how to improve society is to send people off to death camps????

A very small number of licensed private companies with experience in chemistry I'd imagine would produce the products in a heavily regulated environment.

Extremely tight controls from the government re advertising, marketing operations and also full visibility on customer care processes to ensure they are highlighting problem users to the necessary organisations.

Alcohol, tobacco and gambling products are all produced by private companies and all are arguably highly addictive products for some who use them.

I think the drugs industry should be set up similarly although with more controls around the business ethics of the suppliers. This can be achieved with legislation much in the same way as what we're seeing now with gambling companies.

The key difference being the regulators will have a wealth of knowledge and experience with the potential pitfalls of drugs and should have the right processes in place from get go, unlike tobacco, alcohol and gambling which the regulators are still playing catch up with.

I don't have all the answers but I do truly believe the current system is broken and needs drastic reform.

Given all of the different methods which have been tried to rid the world of drugs (prohibition, tougher prison sentences etc) we still have such a high number of people consuming drugs, it's time to accept that drugs are not going away. We need to accept it for what it is and manage it in the most responsible way possible.

You sound like you know a lot about the illegal drug scene. Are you a user or dealer or both??

You sound like you know a lot about the illegal drug scene. Are you a user or dealer or both??
Haha yes I have indeed removed my head from my arse and visited the real world.

With regard to your question, not that it's really any of your business, I have used several drugs recreationally over the years.

Some I liked, some I didn't.

I also don't like tequila but more than happy for you to have a shot and toast me this evening big chap.

Edit missed the bit about the coked up hard man. Any drunk arsehole can inflict that damage. Im sure we all know a few people who are capable of that sober.

Pricks will be Pricks with or without drugs.

I don't disagree with a word you said.

I'll also refer you to my other earlier post about people getting drunk or out their box on whatever pill or powder they choose to consume in the close proximity to young boys and girls, elderly bears, families at a fitba game. I'm not saying that it should be a sanitised atmosphere or anything but what enjoyment does that bring and what does it add to their day? Do they care how it affects other having to put up with them?

Are they even there to watch the football, appreciate the skills, tactics or physical battles or are they just there to get "mad wi it" on a couple of "patsys" (is this word possibly the most pathetic thing you've ever heard btw?) keep in with their mates and behave in a way they wouldn't be able to anywhere else?

I've not tried any drugs other than alcohol for 10 years just purely personal choice. However without being a user or a.dralet I've managed to read up a lot on the subject. I've already stated every book I have read on the subject comes to the conclusion that the so called war in drugs is a complete farce and unwinnable.
I have not saught out a particular viewpoint it just so happens there don't seem to be any books out there telling us how well the war on drugs is going or why the reason it is failing is we need to get even tougher still on it. Why could that be?

I don't disagree with a word you said.

I'll also refer you to my other earlier post about people getting drunk or out their box on whatever pill or powder they choose to consume in the close proximity to young boys and girls, elderly bears, families at a fitba game. I'm not saying that it should be a sanitised atmosphere or anything but what enjoyment does that bring and what does it add to their day? Do they care how it affects other having to put up with them?

Are they even there to watch the football, appreciate the skills, tactics or physical battles or are they just there to get "mad wi it" on a couple of "patsys" (is this word possibly the most pathetic thing you've ever heard btw?) keep in with their mates and behave in a way they wouldn't be able to anywhere else?
Yeah that's a fair point mate and I agree it's not ideal that kids are exposed to drugs at certain events. Personally I try my best not to swear in front of kids, not always successfully I may add.

An issue we seem to struggle with in the UK is personal responsibility. If you're drunk or on drugs you can still be aware of your surroundings and not act like a dick. These are the ones who stand out.

I think you may be surprised if you knew how many people you encountered throughout your average Saturday who are on some kind of drug without you realising.

Also people do take drugs for a multitude of reasons and quite often its to enhance an experience (or with coke more likely sober you up and prolong drinking hours). Plenty of people prefer a joint after work than a beer.

Ultimately its different strokes for different folks and there's no need for anyone to act like a dick, sober or not.

Digging him up for knowing more than you on the subject. Seen it aw now.

You just stay in your bubble shouting drugs are bad.

You continue to be another fanny pumping shit into your body to get by on a night out or in life and line the pockets of criminals while innocent people suffer misery.

Knock yourself out with it. Like I said various people should re-evaluate their lives. Sad that people need them to function on a night out.

You continue to be another fanny pumping shit into your body to get by on a night out or in life and line the pockets of criminals while innocent people suffer misery.

Knock yourself out with it. Like I said various should re-evaluate their lives. Sad that people need them to function on a night out.
See post 303 for my cartel free utopia.

If you're concerned about gangsters selling drugs the only way to stop that is to legalise.

Knock yourself out with it. Like I said various people should re-evaluate their lives. Sad that people need them to function on a night out.
There's a difference with need and want mate.

See post 303 for my cartel free utopia.

If you're concerned about gangsters selling drugs the only way to stop that is to legalise.

I was half way through typing a response but theres really no point I don't think. Yourself and others have presented facts and knowledge on the subject, and him along with others have continued to use the same pish statements over and over again.

Like debating with a brick wall.

I was half way through typing a response but theres really no point I don't think. Yourself and others have presented facts and knowledge on the subject, and him along with others have continued to use the same pish statements over and over again.

Like debating with a brick wall.
This is unfortunately the issue.

Until people are open to conversation, discussion, debate without moralising and accusatory tones it will be very hard to change.

I can only assume people like having something to read in the papers and moan about.

And its much worse at away games and getting worse on supporters buses.
Very difficult for the fans to self police as if you say anything when they are off their tits - you are fighting.

If any of you know NHS medical staff who work hospital shifts, then seeing alcohol a massive first place in terms of damage to self and damage to those around alcohol abusers is no surprise.

Fags in at sixth place seems lenient to me. I’d also have cigarettes just behind crack cocaine and heroine.

Anyway, as many have said, it is utter nonsense to even try and contextualise this problem with reference to football. 100% a societal issue. Drug use crosses all socio economic classes
This is nonsense.

It may show DIRECT stats but doesn't show the criminality involved to get it.

All the thieving, lying and cheating. Violence from suppliers to small time dealers etc. It is comparing apples with pears

Back