Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

thanks for the names of the convicted, I have managed to get photos of all bar 1, John Cullen. Anyone got access to his mugshot?

There isn't one.

For a photographer he sure wasn't into selfies.

He's done a quite remarkable job of making sure there are no photo's of him on the entire internet.

The only photo which exists that people think is John Cullen is actually someone called Joseph Cullen who abused people at St aloysius.

His face is on an article about John Cullen but they are two different people.

Good grief. What was the outcome to this case in 98? Warning it makes grim reading. Sickening in fact. :(

DDfx2tJWsAASiKd.jpg

Again shows the link between both entities.

re. john cullen photographer from Celtic FCs official newspaper The Celtic View , convicted of taking and possession of 250+ images of children who were never identified . is the man of the same name who works as commentator on bbc olympics any relation ?

Is there any truth in the rumour they are heading to court in the US 29th July after losing an appeal in the Supreme Court.Tried to head it off by claiming to be a British company exempt from US law.Just a text I was sent.

Ok then you explain how it all works for us thickos on here.

No one is thick. You need after the event ATE insurance in case you lose the case. Thompsons don't provide that. This is what i do. No ATE no going to court. If you cant afford the courts costs you arent going to court. Thats why the big guys always win. They can afford court costs. Sad immoral but fact

No one is thick. You need after the event ATE insurance in case you lose the case. Thompsons don't provide that. This is what i do. No ATE no going to court. If you cant afford the courts costs you arent going to court. Thats why the big guys always win. They can afford court costs. Sad immoral but fact

Would have been really kind of you to share this with us mere mortals earlier in the thread instead of sitting back waiting to pick people off.

Incidentally, the Big Guys don't always win!

He's too busy showing off with his LBA's and ATE's to explain it.

What I know for a fact, is that victims have been assured they won't be a penny out of pocket should this go belly-up!
LBA is letter before action
ATE is after the event. Its insurance cover. Its a very high risk policy that underwriters take a view on.
No one is showing off. Its commercial. And thats why Thompsons havent gone to court i think. They cant afford it and nor can their clients.

Glad it’s not just me who remembers this. I’m sure it was a documentary and they spoke to Charlie Nicholas and Lou Macari. They all said it was common knowledge. I can’t find anything related to this documentary but I’m positive it exists.

Said on here before i can defo mind watching it must be out there somewhere

Don't think the victims have anything to be concerned about given those accused are now in prison and found guilty,I would also imagine most of these no win no fee places would only take cases on where they have evidence and pretty confient of winning the case.

So you're saying Thomsons don't have this ATE thing and it won't be going to court unless those suing have the money to pay the solicitors fees,I'd probably be correct in saying maybe a few of them won't be in a position to afford the solicitors fees,so why wouldn't they be entitled to apply for legal aid ?

Wrong. No win no fee is not that simple. If Thompson's get a win with LBA then fine. But they cant. And they really can't. Thats when someone has to fund the court actions.

Can you explain this to me in layman's terms? Why can't Thompson's win with an LBA?

Also, can some other individual or independent body fund the court actions?

It's bullshit as I expected mate.

I'll try get a genuine update tonight and report back what I can.
New York State has a Supreme Court at state level, don’t confuse federal Supreme Court and the state level, I still doubt the story but they are both different jurisdictions and NY state law is a bastard to deal with for what it’s worth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Supreme_Court

Glad it’s not just me who remembers this. I’m sure it was a documentary and they spoke to Charlie Nicholas and Lou Macari. They all said it was common knowledge. I can’t find anything related to this documentary but I’m positive it exists.

Good point Karbear. Macari talked about it in his book. I’m wondering if that inspired a programme back then ?

Can you explain this to me in layman's terms? Why can't Thompson's win with an LBA?

Also, can some other individual or independent body fund the court actions?

Every defendant with funds ( CFC in this case) will simply defend a letter before action. Can you afford to take me to court? If no then you need ATE. But if the underwriter thinks your chances of winning are slim or unknown then the premiums are unaffordable. Its just like going to the bookies. Believe me, the small man rarely wins these cases. Now, if Rangers fans want to pay through crowd funding for Thompsons ATE then thats a horse of a different colour.

New York State has a Supreme Court at state level, don’t confuse federal Supreme Court and the state level, I still doubt the story but they are both different jurisdictions and NY state law is a bastard to deal with for what it’s worth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Supreme_Court

the parts of the story we do know is the offences were committed in Kearny NJ and the deal was cut in boston MA . im sure thats correct.

ATE is after the event. Its insurance cover. Its a very high risk policy that underwriters take a view on.
No one is showing off. Its commercial. And thats why Thompsons havent gone to court i think. They cant afford it and nor can their clients.

So Andrew are you therefore concerned that this might never go to court no matter the evidence secured by the victims & their support team ?

Every defendant with funds ( CFC in this case) will simply defend a letter before action. Can you afford to take me to court? If no then you need ATE. But if the underwriter thinks your chances of winning are slim or unknown then the premiums are unaffordable. Its just like going to the bookies. Believe me, the small man rarely wins these cases. Now, if Rangers fans want to pay through crowd funding for Thompsons ATE then thats a horse of a different colour.
As Cullen has a conviction then the police files at the time would have a photo of him, surely that could be acquired by Thompsons solicitors in their efforts of trying to prove a case that there was numerous amounts of perverts operating at the club.

I was thinking about crowd funding as you posted that. I'd donate to help raise the money

I’ve also got other emails that I have sent to various sponsors. Only Mr green have replied with a standard email.
I’ve took advice on whether to post the last post and I decided to do so after taking advice from someone who I respect that has fought for justice from the start.
I’ve also had posters private messaging me asking for my advice and direction on who to email or contact.
Maybe some of you disagree with the wording or even posting emails without a reply.
I’m proud of knowing the people that I’ve met that are involved with knowing the families that have suffered and the path of coverup that club has taken.
So I’m sticking my neck out here probably. I want justice and that poison of a club brought to its knees. I can post so much more and I’ve kept it to myself.
But Humza done it for me today with his comments about sectarianism and not tackling what the real problem is.
I would also like to say and believe me I’ve tried contacting him on many occasions. I would like to sit across a table with Humza and ask why as a justice secretary of Scotland that he has not taken the appropriate action necessary against Celtic. Or any SNP Member of parliament in that matter. I challenge you and not for an argument but to please explain why you take the stance that you do?
Your party allow a pro IRA organisation to march on our streets in Scotland and nowhere else in the British mainland is this allowed. The call it out scum I’m referring to.
As an ex member of the armed forces that has served I would like to know why you allow this? Obviously for votes imo.
Well done on both counts pal, I wish more, myself included, would follow.

So Andrew are you therefore concerned that this might never go to court no matter the evidence secured by the victims & their support team ?

Celtic are going at the bully here. They're flexing their financial muscle in the hope that without the ATE Thompson's will back down. This would go some way to explaining their reticence in serving the writs.

The good news is it won't work. Celtic's day of reckoning will come!

The 20 working days are up for the response expected from Humzas office so an email will be winging its way to his office first thing tomorrow asking why this has happened and also to point out i wont be ignored nor will this issue disappear. My local MSP will also be getting an email to ask about the governments stats on response rates to queries from members of the public.

The 20 working days are up for the response expected from Humzas office so an email will be winging its way to his office first thing tomorrow asking why this has happened and also to point out i wont be ignored nor will this issue disappear. My local MSP will also be getting an email to ask about the governments stats on response rates to queries from members of the public.

Excellent work sir. Cap doffed.

Indeed. A criminal action is straightforward. Or would be in a non SNP environment. This however in Scotland seems to need to be a civil action. God knows why, but thats how it is. This means a law firm or a victim needs to be able to fund a case. Law firms may not be as liquid as you think and will be nervous about taking action against CFC. Thats where ATE comes in. Its a hedge bet. But in this matter its so complex, is an insurer likely to underwrite this? You have old men and dead men and about to go senile men to charge. Unless the PF gets involved, theres a high probability of CFC getting offwith this. Unless they cough of course. But in the history of that sort, its not likely

Is there any truth in the rumour they are heading to court in the US 29th July after losing an appeal in the Supreme Court.Tried to head it off by claiming to be a British company exempt from US law.Just a text I was sent.
Read a big article on this on Twitter earlier and it appears to be genuine. Celtic appealed on the grounds that they are a British company but the Supreme Court dismissed their appeal. It appears that Lawwell also screwed up by not declaring through AIM that he had hired an independent lawyer to carry out the 2 year investigation. This should have been declared under Companies Regulations. This was on Twitter
also.

I emailed a load of Glasgow MSPs a couple of weeks ago using an email tracker app that alerts you every time it’s read. Not one of the emails were read. The title of them all contained the words Celtic and abuse so when I was chasing a response I thought I’d change the title to something more generic like “email responses”. I sent the chases yesterday and they’ve all been read.

We might need to be more savvy here as they’re obviously ignoring anything Celtic related. Absolutely sickening what’s running this country.

Celtic are not going to settle out of court. Where does this leave the lawyers representing the victims?

Back