Frankfurt Morelos

you didnt ,you said he would not want to waste his time in a backwater country, I simply asked if this was a fact or you opinion, dont add something that wasnt there

Stop being Pedantic ffs.

He's going away and it's a case of when not if.

Stop being Pedantic ffs.

He's going away and it's a case of when not if.
Yes he will leave no doubt, but I want him to stay for one more f uckin glorious season, oh how good will it be if he scores against them to win the league, wet dream material

If he stays then he will undoubtedly help us in our quest to win the league.

If he goes at the kind of money that’s being mentioned today then he will be remembered as being the player who brought financial stability to our club.

Nirvana for all who love Rangers has to be that he goes AND we win the league without him.

I’ve not hidden the fact that I find Morelos an enigma.

Very talented player (perhaps the best in our league) with bags of potential.

However, he is a liability in terms of bookings and sending offs. Not always through his own fault but it is through him being easy to wind up and him biting and an early opportunity. (Often played like a fiddle). If the shoe was on the other foot, we’d goad and provoke our opponents best player without a doubt.

All that said, I’d like him to stay for at least one more season. Another crack at Europe (hopefully with more top performances and goals), and another crack at the league (with another season of being the top goal scorer and a few goals against the poets), with a league title under his belt. Also to prove that he’s calmed and not as “easy” as he was last season.

The above is not to much to ask and is more than within his reach. This will increase his value significantly whilst we get another season from a top player!

Plus #55 means more to me than £15m, £20m, £25m or whatever it may be.

There was a guy the other night saying we should loan him out to an EPL team, so if he scored a few goals we'd get more money for him. There was people agreeing with him! o_Oo_Oo_O

Another compiled a 10,000 word, or so, thesis on how we don’t really need him as he doesn’t score winning goals, was then presented with all the winning goals he’s scored and ignored it and carried on regardless. Bonkers.

but thats not the point of the discussion, its wether or not Alfie should be sold or stay, given there are reported interested parties, yes players come and go, doesnt mean we should sell our best player on the off chance we get someone equal or better

I love the way he terrorises defenders but if someone offers the money we want then he is gone unfortunately. The days of us holding onto a talent like him are gone we hopefully have a player or two who we can get in to fill the gap, it is I’m afraid our lot selling our best players. I’m a pragmatic sort rather than a romantic but can see where the no sale folk are coming from.

I’ve not hidden the fact that I find Morelos an enigma.

Very talented player (perhaps the best in our league) with bags of potential.

However, he is a liability in terms of bookings and sending offs. Not always through his own fault but it is through him being easy to wind up and him biting and an early opportunity. (Often played like a fiddle). If the shoe was on the other foot, we’d goad and provoke our opponents best player without a doubt.

All that said, I’d like him to stay for at least one more season. Another crack at Europe (hopefully with more top performances and goals), and another crack at the league (with another season of being the top goal scorer and a few goals against the poets), with a league title under his belt. Also to prove that he’s calmed and not as “easy” as he was last season.

The above is not to much to ask and is more than within his reach. This will increase his value significantly whilst we get another season from a top player!

Plus #55 means more to me than £15m, £20m, £25m or whatever it may be.
cant argue with that, based on last season, im sure Stevie G has plans for him if he stays, we may ignore to some degree the importance of the EL and what it could do to Alfies value if he scores a shitload in the group and knock out rounds

I love the way he terrorises defenders but if someone offers the money we want then he is gone unfortunately. The days of us holding onto a talent like him are gone we hopefully have a player or two who we can get in to fill the gap, it is I’m afraid our lot selling our best players. I’m a pragmatic sort rather than a romantic but can see where the no sale folk are coming from.
Have to agree every player has his price thats the way of things, just one more season thats all we need

Another compiled a 10,000 word, or so, thesis on how we don’t really need him as he doesn’t score winning goals, was then presented with all the winning goals he’s scored and ignored it and carried on regardless. Bonkers.
maybe im wrong here but isnt every goal a winning goal

I get the arguments on both sides but if we're being really honest do we see him lasting the season without some sort of major flashpoint happening ? I've got to say I don't sadly.

He's a marked man. The ref's will not give him the benefit of the doubt, defenders will be at him from minute one and he will be given even less protection than usual. For his own sake, I think he needs to leave Scotland ASAP.

If Frankfurt offered the money we wanted then I would let him leave providing we've got targets lined up.

I get the arguments on both sides but if we're being really honest do we see him lasting the season without some sort of major flashpoint happening ? I've got to say I don't sadly.

He's a marked man. The ref's will not give him the benefit of the doubt, defenders will be at him from minute one and he will be given even less protection than usual. For his own sake, I think he needs to leave Scotland ASAP.

If Frankfurt offered the money we wanted then I would let him leave providing we've got targets lined up.
I have argued this point in the thread already but if we sell our best player in part because he is a marked man, to use your words, then f uck this game, whos next, where does it stop, our next striker? that cannot ever be a rational for selling a player of ours, getting the price we want is of course a reason to sell

I have argued this point in the thread already but if we sell our best player in part because he is a marked man, to use your words, then f uck this game, whos next, where does it stop, our next striker? that cannot ever be a rational for selling a player of ours, getting the price we want is of course a reason to sell

If our next striker gets five red cards in a season then aye, he'll be a marked man as well.

Frankfurt's recent attackers.

Sébastien Haller had a prolific scoring record for Utrecht prior to making the move to Frankfurt, scoring 41 Goals in 82 appearances whilst in Holland. Was signed for 7 million Euros at the time. Sold for £45 Million to West Ham United just this week.

Luka Jović was signed on loan from Benfica with an option to buy. Had a far from a stellar scoring record prior to moving to Germany. However upon arrival managed to score 25 goals in 54 appearances. He signed for Real Madrid at the start of the window for 60 million.

On the cusp of selling their winger Ante Rebić with massive interest coming from Conte's Inter. A player who was bought from Fiorentina after mixed fortunes and after being punted out on loan continuously.

A very small and recent sample size but I would be very surprised if Alfie and his agent turned their nose up at an opportunity to join a side like Eintracht Frankfurt. Now the real question is if they will match our evaluations of Alfredo Morelos. Given the pattern seems to be, buy modest and sell for a fortune at their Club. They would be smashing their current transfer record to sign him. However it depends how the deal is structured, add ons, sell ons and various clauses. Any deal done for Alfie is going to have to fetch at the very least upwards of £15 million. Anything less that that would have to have an eye watering sell on percentage and even then, that's probably too high risk.

Interesting times, my hopes it starts a bidding war, with the recent Crystal Palace and West Ham links. Eintracht Frankfurt seem to want to establish themselves as a top Bundesliga side, so they'll have to start spending like one at some point.

so its all Alfies fault glad you cleared that up for me

All of it ? No.

Some of it ? Yes.

You think he's a wide eyed innocent in all of it ?

There's been times where he's simply not helped himself. Others when he's been given zero protection.

Frankfurt's recent attackers.

Sébastien Haller had a prolific scoring record for Utrecht prior to making the move to Frankfurt, scoring 41 Goals in 82 appearances whilst in Holland. Was signed for 7 million Euros at the time. Sold for £45 Million to West Ham United just this week.

Luka Jović was signed on loan from Benfica with an option to buy. Had a far from a stellar scoring record prior to moving to Germany. However upon arrival managed to score 25 goals in 54 appearances. He signed for Real Madrid at the start of the window for 60 million.

On the cusp of selling their winger Ante Rebić with massive interest coming from Conte's Inter. A player who was bought from Fiorentina after mixed fortunes and after being punted out on loan continuously.

A very small and recent sample size but I would be very surprised if Alfie and his agent turned their nose up at an opportunity to join a side like Eintracht Frankfurt. Now the real question is if they will match our evaluations of Alfredo Morelos. Given the pattern seems to be, buy modest and sell for a fortune at their Club. They would be smashing their current transfer record to sign him. However it depends how the deal is structured, add ons, sell ons and various clauses. Any deal done for Alfie is going to have to fetch at the very least upwards of £15 million. Anything less that that would have to have an eye watering sell on percentage and even then, that's probably too high risk.

Interesting times, my hopes it starts a bidding war, with the recent Crystal Palace and West Ham links. Eintracht Frankfurt seem to want to establish themselves as a top Bundesliga side, so they'll have to start spending like one at some point.

Palace have been interested for a while but are unwilling to pay what we are looking for. They are unwilling to go anymore than 10-12m for him. That was the case two weeks ago anyway I dont know if that's changed at all now but we've been talking to them for a couple of weeks.

Every club who has watched Alfie over the last year or so know we valued him at 20m. The club made that public last year but nobody has bitten yet. So we either need to accept a lower fee with hopefully a sell on clause or we gamble again that his value will increase if we keep him another season and he bangs the goals in again. It's that simple really.

All of it ? No.

Some of it ? Yes.

There's been times where he's simply not helped himself. Others when he's been given zero protection.
no hes not a wide eyed innocent as you put it ,never said he was, I refer you to your original post:
Thats what I was responding too, I agree he is or was a marked man last year, and its no reason to sell him, I agree with your observations, just dont believe he should be sold because of this

Palace have been interested for a while but are unwilling to pay what we are looking for. They are unwilling to go anymore than 10-12m for him. That was the case two weeks ago anyway I dont know if that's changed ay all now but we've been talking to them for a couple of weeks.

Every club who has watched Alfie over the last year or so know we valued him at 20m. The club made that public last year but nobody has bitten yet. So we either need to accept a lower fee with hopefully a sell on clause or we gamble again that his value will increase if we keep him another season and he bangs the goals in again. It's that simple really.

Said before that I'm absolutely amazed that we've not even had the obligatory cheeky £5/6/7m bid from clubs chancing their arm this summer.

Not a single(even shitey) bid for a 30 goal striker ? I find that incredible TBH.

Said before that I'm absolutely amazed that we've not even had the obligatory cheeky £5/6/7m bid from clubs chancing their arm this summer.

Not a single(even shitey) bid for a 30 goal striker ? I find that incredible TBH.

It's just a waste of an email isnt it when we've made our asking price public?

I just hope the situation is resolved quickly the club needs it sorted either way it's hanging over us like a dark cloud at the moment.

Palace have been interested for a while but are unwilling to pay what we are looking for. They are unwilling to go anymore than 10-12m for him. That was the case two weeks ago anyway I dont know if that's changed at all now but we've been talking to them for a couple of weeks.

Yeah. That's the reality of it. I personally want him to stay another year and hopefully lift some silverware with us. I don't see the board dropping too low below the £20 million evaluation of him.

All of it ? No.

Some of it ? Yes.

He needs to learn to walk away and understand that putting the ball in the net is the best reaction to the provocation. I totally get him blowing his top at the double standards and lack of protection though, it must be hugely frustrating to him

Yeah. That's the reality of it. I personally want him to stay another year and hopefully lift some silverware with us. I don't see the board dropping too low below the £20 million evaluation of him.

I think a lot depends on what Gerrard wants as well? If he feels he can't trust him anymore then he might be advising to take the lesser fee if he feels we can get a replacement in he can trust.

The reality of the situation just now is he's been on the open market for a year for a set price and nobody has bitten. It's like putting a house on the market and saying offers over x amount and nobody bidding for it. You either take the house off the market or lower your asking price, that's your only choice really.

Good. About time we started had a board with a set of balls unwilling to accept under our valuation.

No club is going to bid what we value Morelos at. It's not happening.

He will either go for less than he's worth.

Or, he's our main player next season.

Source - me.
I agree, it will not be excess of £10M, but will be more than £5M imo

I’m not sure that’s how it works these days @SDF. Prospective buyer contacts players Agent, who has already established a ball-park figure from the selling club, to see if the player is interested. Potential salary discussed at this stage. Depending on response they take it from there.

If the Agent is saying ‘it’s going to take at least £12m/£15m/£20m then the prospective buyer knows they are either in - or out - of the game.

I think a lot depends on what Gerrard wants as well? If he feels he can't trust him anymore then he might be advising to take the lesser fee if he feels we can get a replacement in he can trust.

The reality of the situation just now is he's been on the open market for a year for a set price and nobody has bitten. It's like putting a house on the market and saying offers over x amount and nobody bidding for it. You either take the house off the market or lower your asking price, that's your only choice really.
I thought SG said he wanted him to stay, but prefaced that with the "if they meet our valuation" and the player wants to leave then he can statement

The sheer idiocy on here astounds me at times.

We are one of the few fanbases in world football who actively talks down all of our best players and kid on we are being realistic. When we are actually just being idiotic. It's no wonder the loss of some of our best players for a pittance barely causes a ripple. Fast forward a few months though and the same fans who talked down those players are baying for blood when the players they chastised and mocked the rumoured fees of are being praised at their next clubs. It's like an episode of the Twilight Zone at times.

Back