Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I get that and take it on board. I have spoken to the sister on twitter bit would not claim to know any of them. You are correct in that it makes my blood boil. It's hard to remain patient when you see stuff like that every day hence why I dont try anymore firefighting them. What are the press up here doing ffs? Imagine that this was happening to victims down south? It would be on the national news. Its horrendeous and not healthy to witness.
I dont know if you have seen it or not but if you watch a film on netflix, called Spotlight it gives you an idea of what ordinary people are up against when they take on the sick individuals who infest and hide behind the catholic church, who then move them on without facing justice. i have been following this thread for some time and seen the hard work these guys have done, i have seen no evidence as of yet but i am fully confident the guys who are doing the hard work on here will justify my next wager at the bookies, £10.00 on The Beastie Boys being made defunct within ten years (Leicester 2000/1)

After watching.paterno,the journalist who did the digging was a sara ganim.
She's on twitter @sganim if any bear twitters want to put her in the picture of the sex abuse scandal here and see if she fancies a bit more digging?.
She is listed as a CNN journalist too,if anyone can find her email addy i'll be on it too.

I dont know if you have seen it or not but if you watch a film on netflix, called Spotlight it gives you an idea of what ordinary people are up against when they take on the sick individuals who infest and hide behind the catholic church, who then move them on without facing justice. i have been following this thread for some time and seen the hard work these guys have done, i have seen no evidence as of yet but i am fully confident the guys who are doing the hard work on here will justify my next wager at the bookies, £10.00 on The Beastie Boys being made defunct within ten years (Leicester 2000/1)

Brilliant film mate.And maybe an inspiration to us normal people to fight large corrupt institutions ? ;)

After watching.paterno,the journalist who did the digging was a sara ganim.
She's on twitter @sganim if any bear twitters want to put her in the picture of the sex abuse scandal here and see if she fancies a bit more digging?.
She is listed as a CNN journalist too,if anyone can find her email addy i'll be on it too.

Good stuff Tommy ;)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtics-refusal-to-say-sorry-hurts-abuse-survivors-xf3v37tb2
Celtic FC’s failure to apologise for systemic sexual abuse at its feeder club is damaging survivors, a psychologist who gave evidence against one of the paedophiles has said.
John Marshall, a consultant clinical forensic psychologist, was an expert witness in the trial of Jim Torbett, a serial abuser who preyed on vulnerable young players at Celtic Boys Club.
Torbett was one of four men who held senior positions at the boys’ club to have been convicted of molesting dozens of children over three decades.
Days after he was jailed for six years last November, Celtic FC expressed “deep regret” and “sympathy” for his victims but offered no apology, insisting that the boys’ club was an entirely separate organisation.
Dr Marshall has now said that the club’s reluctance to express remorse has been harmful to victims. “There has been no apology,” he said. “There has been a defensiveness about the separation between Celtic Boys Club and Celtic FC. Whether that’s true or not it’s hurtful and painful for the victims to hear that.

“They will struggle to understand that way of thinking.”
He questioned Parkhead bosses’ response to the sexual abuse scandal within the feeder club, which produced dozens of first-team Celtic players.
“There have been periods of silence, particularly after the Torbett trial and the guilty verdict,” he said. “Also, there is the issue of whether they have opened up all of their records.”
Dr Marshall contrasted the Glasgow club’s stance with Chelsea FC, which issued an unreserved apology this week after publishing the findings of an independent investigation into child sex abuse in the 1970s.
“Chelsea is an exemplar in how a football team should deal with a sexual abuse scandal,” he said. “They were willing to shine a bright light on themselves and their past and to reflect on what they have learnt.
“They were open and transparent, took full responsibility and gave a full apology. From a therapeutic point of view, that’s what really helps victims to move on.”
In June Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC, announced that the club had been conducting a two-year internal investigation, but has refused to release more details.
Dr Marshall said: “In Chelsea’s investigation hundreds of people were interviewed. They opened up their review for the public to look at.
“The leadership of other organisations need to learn from Chelsea and put the victims first.”
Dr Marshall told the jury at the High Court in Glasgow that male victims of sexual abuse were less likely to come forward because of the embarrassment and humiliation they felt.
“Things have moved on but we can’t be complacent,” he said. “We tend to underestimate how powerful paedophiles can be in those positions.”
Chelsea hired a law firm and brought in Barnardo’s, the child welfare charity, to independently investigate claims of historical abuse.
The club committed this week to assessing compensation claims for survivors, and apologised unreservedly for the “abhorrent abuse” that people had experienced.
Manchester City is also set to offer millions of pounds in compensation to victims of Barry Bennell, a youth coach who was a prolific child abuser. Survivors of the most serious crimes will receive six-figure sums in damages and a personal apology from a senior club official.
Celtic FC did not respond to a request for comment.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtics-refusal-to-say-sorry-hurts-abuse-survivors-xf3v37tb2
Celtic FC’s failure to apologise for systemic sexual abuse at its feeder club is damaging survivors, a psychologist who gave evidence against one of the paedophiles has said.
John Marshall, a consultant clinical forensic psychologist, was an expert witness in the trial of Jim Torbett, a serial abuser who preyed on vulnerable young players at Celtic Boys Club.
Torbett was one of four men who held senior positions at the boys’ club to have been convicted of molesting dozens of children over three decades.
Days after he was jailed for six years last November, Celtic FC expressed “deep regret” and “sympathy” for his victims but offered no apology, insisting that the boys’ club was an entirely separate organisation.
Dr Marshall has now said that the club’s reluctance to express remorse has been harmful to victims. “There has been no apology,” he said. “There has been a defensiveness about the separation between Celtic Boys Club and Celtic FC. Whether that’s true or not it’s hurtful and painful for the victims to hear that.

He questioned Parkhead bosses’ response to the sexual abuse scandal within the feeder club, which produced dozens of first-team Celtic players.
“There have been periods of silence, particularly after the Torbett trial and the guilty verdict,” he said. “Also, there is the issue of whether they have opened up all of their records.”
Dr Marshall contrasted the Glasgow club’s stance with Chelsea FC, which issued an unreserved apology this week after publishing the findings of an independent investigation into child sex abuse in the 1970s.
“Chelsea is an exemplar in how a football team should deal with a sexual abuse scandal,” he said. “They were willing to shine a bright light on themselves and their past and to reflect on what they have learnt.
“They were open and transparent, took full responsibility and gave a full apology. From a therapeutic point of view, that’s what really helps victims to move on.”
In June Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC, announced that the club had been conducting a two-year internal investigation, but has refused to release more details.
Dr Marshall said: “In Chelsea’s investigation hundreds of people were interviewed. They opened up their review for the public to look at.
“The leadership of other organisations need to learn from Chelsea and put the victims first.”
Dr Marshall told the jury at the High Court in Glasgow that male victims of sexual abuse were less likely to come forward because of the embarrassment and humiliation they felt.
“Things have moved on but we can’t be complacent,” he said. “We tend to underestimate how powerful paedophiles can be in those positions.”
Chelsea hired a law firm and brought in Barnardo’s, the child welfare charity, to independently investigate claims of historical abuse.
The club committed this week to assessing compensation claims for survivors, and apologised unreservedly for the “abhorrent abuse” that people had experienced.
Manchester City is also set to offer millions of pounds in compensation to victims of Barry Bennell, a youth coach who was a prolific child abuser. Survivors of the most serious crimes will receive six-figure sums in damages and a personal apology from a senior club official.

I think that’s about maybe 19 articles since late May over the 4 papers mate, incl Australia.

Glad our papers aren’t covering up like our Scottish government. :D

I think that’s about maybe 19 articles since late May over the 4 papers mate, incl Australia.

Glad our papers aren’t covering up like our Scottish government. :D

Edit - Oops - Double post

"She doesn't want the truth, she wants to make a quick buck on the back of her son's allegations."
He's not trolling at all, is he? Dirty, lying bastard. He's no more than a paedophile enabler.

In a later reply he writes, "Which part of my tweet is monstrous?"
They don't even see the evil in what they're doing.

Monsters indeed, MD.

It's actually sickening reading what they say to that family what would they do if that was their son, brother or one of they're own family any right minded person would want an apology and an investigation about the decades of cover ups but not them they're only interested in believing nothing happened they're precious club couldn't be guilty if those heinous crimes the sooner there's an inquiry the better for all those victims and their families it must be torture for them to read stuff like that

A SHRINK who gave evidence at Jim Torbett’s abuse trial slammed Hoops chiefs over their handling of the Celtic Boys Club scandal and said: “Take responsibility just like Chelsea.” Dr John Marshall believes bosses should have reacted like the Blues, who “apologised unreservedly” after their ex-chief scout Eddie Heath’s paedo past was exposed.

His latest criticism follows his recent claims that Parkhead supremos had handled the boys club outrage “abysmally”.He tweeted: “Note Celtic and other clubs how Chelsea has dealt with their awful abuse scandal.

Shining a bright light, taking full responsibility and building robust safeguards.”And he revealed he would give the same advice to the Scottish Premiership champions after a damning report this week found over a dozen starlets were targeted by Heath, who died in 1983.The clinical psychologist told The Scottish Sun: “Be open and transparent in a similar way to Chelsea.“Communicate directly with victims — there can’t be periods of silence.https://m.me/thescottishsun
“They have to acknowledge what the victims have gone through and the impact on them and thoroughly investigate like Chelsea did.“Chelsea gave a really thorough apology and acknowledged that.”

The English Premiership giants described Heath’s conduct as “beyond reprehensible” and apologised that it had gone unchallenged.

Celtic, who expressed “regret and sorrow” for the victims, have been criticised for insisting the Hoops are not legally responsible as the boys club was a separate organisation.Jailed former coach Torbett, 71, is one of four boys club workers convicted of abuse.
Celtic were contacted for comment last night.

What a country we have become when the victims of child abuse are subject to more abuse from so called religious people. We used to be held as good holy willie values. People have been convicted of these heinous crimes and still the brainwashed refuse to see. So sad that this Scotland has fallen in morality. AndI say again HOW HIGH does this go.

It's actually sickening reading what they say to that family what would they do if that was their son, brother or one of they're own family any right minded person would want an apology and an investigation about the decades of cover ups but not them they're only interested in believing nothing happened they're precious club couldn't be guilty if those heinous crimes the sooner there's an inquiry the better for all those victims and their families it must be torture for them to read stuff like that

It enrages me too BB reading some of the abuse the Gray family have to put up with. It's sub-human.

I've read on here recently of a victim/s being shunned by their own family for speaking up about the abuse at the club. The fans of that club are not right in the head. Normal people don't act like that.

What a country we have become when the victims of child abuse are subject to more abuse from so called religious people. We used to be held as good holy willie values. People have been convicted of these heinous crimes and still the brainwashed refuse to see. So sad that this Scotland has fallen in morality. AndI say again HOW HIGH does this go.
TO the top Johhny

Well done Corkie. It wouldn't be small scale if more and more of us did this.
Every wee chip helps i cant do much either but i know it all helps when taken as a whole there are guys going at this hammer an tongs, i salute them and youevery wee bit helps bears ,next time one of those adverts that come on now and again featuring a child cowering in the corner, asking for £3.00 donation to Nspcc, you will be able to look at yourself in the mirror and say, I DIDNT LOOK AWAY (are you reading that enablers) come to think of it maybe we should stop calling them Lurkers and tell the truth they are enablers

Apologies if this has already been done, but has anyone considered contacting Al Jazeera? Abuse in football is highlighted on their investigations page.

https://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/footballswallofsilence/

They may not be the most obvious organisation to go to, but they are more credible and impartial than most new outlets, and have a large readership in some major commercial markets, notably Asia.

The English FA aren’t relevant with regards to sanctions and punishments.

It is what the SFA and SPFL do that is important regarding sanctions.

The English FA aren’t relevant with regards to sanctions and punishments.

It is what the SFA and SPFL do that is important regarding sanctions.

English FA might not be relevant here but wondering if they will punish their teams in relation to their abuses and bringing the game into disrepute.
You can be sure the SFA/SPFL will be watching that senario play out and will try and follow their lead....

English FA might not be relevant here but wondering if they will punish their teams in relation to their abuses and bringing the game into disrepute.
You can be sure the SFA/SPFL will be watching that senario play out and will try and follow their lead....
I appreciate that but they will be waiting to see if nothing is done.

The SFA and SPFL must be seen to take action.

After all, child abuse and child abduction surely must be more serious than any financial issue

I appreciate that but they will be waiting to see if nothing is done.

The SFA and SPFL must be seen to take action.

After all, child abuse and child abduction surely must be more serious than any financial issue

Exactly what i'm saying...they will be waiting to see if FA punish their clubs and if they don't (which i think will happen),you can bet your life that the SFA/SPFL will follow suit cos they are sheep and are incapable of making a decision as serious as that and couldn't handle the fallout if they did.
However,they WILL need to deal with the fallout if they don't.

Emotional Kieran Tierney has poured his heart out to Celtic and their supporters after his exit was confirmed.

The left-back sealed his £25million move to Arsenal on Thursday and took to Instagram to hail everyone who made his 15 years with the Premiership champions side so special.

Tierney broke through to the senior side under Ronny Deila in 2015 and hasn't looked back since.

His form at Celtic caught Arsenal's attention and the Gunners have made the man, who lives and breathes everything green and white, a Premier League player.

The Scotland international admits he's finding his big move away hard to come to terms with but hopes to keep his incredible bond with supporters despite his exit but admits it break his heart if his special connection was lost.

READ MORE

He posted on Instagram: "This is coming from the bottom of my heart!

"I don’t know how to even begin to put the last 15 years of my life into words... what you as fans have given me and my family

"I cannot repay you in any way possible and for that I am sorry. From the age of seven I was lucky enough to play for the club I love and will continue to love till the day I die no matter what happens.

"Every single second of my Celtic career was a dream and I gave my all every single time I stepped onto that pitch, it’s honestly the least I could do for everyone involved at the club.

"There is to many people to thank individually so I don’t even know where to begin.

(Image: Getty)
"Every single coach and staff member who has helped me on my way to getting where I am today I am so grateful for all the hours help you put into me making me a better player and a better person.

"My team mates have been the best I could possibly have asked for what a bunch of legends man who I’ll be supporting until the end. Where can I start with the fans? I tried my best to represent you every time I went onto that pitch.

"The relationship we had together and the memories we created and history we made was incredible.. I will cherish every single second of it.

"I hope we can continue to have a relationship although I understand that will be never for some people which is heartbreaking for me but I understand the emotions surrounding this situation. It has been the hardest day or two of my life and I really appreciate every single message of support from you all.

"This was not easy in any way shape or form.

So he played for the club since the age of 7,thanks glass hips,uncle pete will love you for blowing his seperate entity to smithireens.

Emotional Kieran Tierney has poured his heart out to Celtic and their supporters after his exit was confirmed.

The left-back sealed his £25million move to Arsenal on Thursday and took to Instagram to hail everyone who made his 15 years with the Premiership champions side so special.

Tierney broke through to the senior side under Ronny Deila in 2015 and hasn't looked back since.

His form at Celtic caught Arsenal's attention and the Gunners have made the man, who lives and breathes everything green and white, a Premier League player.

The Scotland international admits he's finding his big move away hard to come to terms with but hopes to keep his incredible bond with supporters despite his exit but admits it break his heart if his special connection was lost.

READ MORE

He posted on Instagram: "This is coming from the bottom of my heart!

"I don’t know how to even begin to put the last 15 years of my life into words... what you as fans have given me and my family

"I cannot repay you in any way possible and for that I am sorry. From the age of seven I was lucky enough to play for the club I love and will continue to love till the day I die no matter what happens.

"Every single second of my Celtic career was a dream and I gave my all every single time I stepped onto that pitch, it’s honestly the least I could do for everyone involved at the club.

"There is to many people to thank individually so I don’t even know where to begin.

(Image: Getty)
"Every single coach and staff member who has helped me on my way to getting where I am today I am so grateful for all the hours help you put into me making me a better player and a better person.

"My team mates have been the best I could possibly have asked for what a bunch of legends man who I’ll be supporting until the end. Where can I start with the fans? I tried my best to represent you every time I went onto that pitch.

"The relationship we had together and the memories we created and history we made was incredible.. I will cherish every single second of it.

"I hope we can continue to have a relationship although I understand that will be never for some people which is heartbreaking for me but I understand the emotions surrounding this situation. It has been the hardest day or two of my life and I really appreciate every single message of support from you all.

"This was not easy in any way shape or form.

So he played for the club since the age of 7,thanks glass hips,uncle pete will love you for blowing his seperate entity to smithireens.

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you wee Kieran. You’ve just taken half of their transfer fee back off of them :D:D

Don't think Peter or @hollicom are going to want thanks #schoolbhoyerror

Back