City vs Spurs

Imagine celebrating a last gasp winner only to have that taken away from you, imagine it in an old firm game? Think it would just about end me!

I know its part of the new rules but i wouldnt be a penalty the other way round so it shouldnt be used to rule out a goal. It was never intentional, his hand wasnt unnaturally positioned, it was a natural movement.

I don’t disagree but they’ve set their stall out with the handballs for better or worse, the way they are judging them in the EPL it was a handball.

That's never handball, the ball sclaffed his arm, he wasn't trying to play it with his hand. VAR is going to phuck football, hope we don't get it here. Gazza has the right idea about VAR.

Aye but 4 weeks ago it wasnt handball. If youre going to punish attackers for complete accidents then its utter garbage that defenders can get away with using the exact same incidents to prevent goals.

Can see where you're coming from mate but it's a handball in the new rules. Agree with your wider point though.

It’s taking the emotion out of football and it’s completely ruining it, it will get to the stage where fans won’t celebrate a goal until they know it’s legitimate, by then the moment will be long gone.

Correct decision, it’s hit an arm and under the new rules it’s not a goal .

Sorry mate it’s a ridiculous rule he went to head it he did and the ball at best grazed his arm as it flew past him. There’s no way in Gods earth that should be disallowed. The rule is utterly wrong and I’m NOT a City fan.

That was a disgraceful decision.

Really beginning to hate VAR.
Unfortunately its Fifas new rules. If the ball touches your hand, no matter how accidental or natural your position, and you end up scoring then its automatically ruled out.

Defenders can use the same movement to prevent a goal though. Its a farce.

It’s taking the emotion out of football and it’s completely ruining it, it will get to the stage where fans won’t celebrate a goal until they know it’s legitimate, by then the moment will be long gone.
All part of the age of scrutiny, Orwellian in truth.

Back