UEFA order us to close a stand against Legia

The daily record now stating a stand may be closed because of singing vs St Joes

It’s time out club demand to know why FARE want to be at every gers game

Ask why our media refused to mention the Ira songs at Motherwell

Ask why the media have refused to mention the bottles being thrown at the cluj players

Asks why the media can report us vs killie and st joes??

This is all in the opening weeks of the season whilst the biggest sporting sexual abuse scandal is happening under their noses and the stay quiet .

Dignified silence and statements don’t work.

Ban the lot of the sh.ite media from Ibrox ask through freedom of information act to see the games FARE cover and tell UEFA that FARE are not welcome as they continually target Rangers

Enough is enough
Exactly!!
Time we ask why do FARE always seem to be at our games?
What’s the ratio of them being at the beggars games to our?
Who decides what games they go to?
They can sing ira songs till ther hearts content,
Can sing about murdering British soldiers!
Can have banner calling themselves the 19th Century Terrorist army but get offended wen we sing it in song make up there minds ffs!!
Time to get someone to investigate FARE and links and allegiances to the club across the city always get away with it!
I believe this is to try and stop us reaching the group stages someone is doing someone a favour!
Brown envelopes being handed out!!

All the hand wringers would do well to remember this song has been around for decades, and does NOT refer to mass attending Roman Catholics.

I don't like it personally as it glorifies razor gangs and Glasgow needs less of the hardman pish, but it's hardly sectarian.

Thats what annoys me. When its sung -my take is -19th Century Terrorist is referencing an Irish, republican supporting person who detests the British state. Which id accurate IMO.

I think its crazy how this has been slanted as "Sectarian"... on sky sports news it mentions "guilty of racism - which includeds sectarian chanting".. never knew 19th Century Terrorist was a race?

I know people say dont sing these songs etc and that itll get us in trouble and I understand why but I think we need someone to defend us and our right to sing TBB etc. What happened to Freedom of Speech?

This might not be a popular opinion but that my 2 cents on the issue.

I think I only care about Rangers and coming out with them doing something won’t help one bit. Some of us have been saying this was coming since we went back into Europe to be met with the implication that the people harming Rangers are somehow better Rangers fans. It’s fucking sickening.

I only care about Rangers too mate, but to benefit Rangers we have to offer up some details and investigations.

You're 100% right about it not being a level playing field.

We as the Rangers support probably can't change that. We can however remove all of the offensive songs from our songbook and take away all of the ammunition from those who seek to hurt us.

Absolutely agree, and for the record I stopped singing them when it was made clear that it would harm our club many years ago.

Folk saying the club need to come out and defend the fans. How can they when the fans continue to sing the same sectarian songs?
People know my stand point on the songs we sing but when it comes to games in Europe.we know the rules we can’t sing the billy boys it’s as simple as that.we may not like it and I certainly don’t but that the rules.we lost that battle under Murray and Bain and your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think any board is going to endorse any song with “19th Century Terrorist” in it.i have said it on here and written in the fanzine it’s not rocket science.drop ftp and any reference to 19th Century Terrorists (yes I know they use it and what a 19th Century Terrorist actually is).

I hope the selfish idiots in our support are happy with themselves.
We lose the support of 3,000 fans for a match that we need an amazing atmosphere for – and the club are deprived of much-needed income.

I also fully expect us to be charged for something in the matches after this one in question, too.

Maybe when we're ordered to play a game or multiple games behind closed doors people will realise the damage they're doing to our club.

Selfish idiots.

IMO, the "racist" wording needs to be 100% challenged by the club. Also, UEFA announcing this after tickets have been sold is a disgrace.

Unfortunately, that's the only complaints I have. We've had warnings from the club, our own governing body and UEFA in the past and it hasn't deterred us. The utter fucking stupidity of some within our support is quite unbelievable at times.

No one to blame but ourselves. I just hope this is the boot in the arse we need to finally understand that there are folk just waiting for us to give them an excuse to put the boot in.

Right Rangers, get it out there now that these songs about religion, paramilitaries and other shit are now in the bin

Forget about the whataboutery, we have been told time and time again not to sing TBB,but no the halfwits still want to sing it and no what they now got us hard, I do hope my ticket I have is not in the part of the ground that will close?...Some of our fans are dumb really phuckin dumb and they are only hurting the club they profess to love..phuckin idiots !!

The club needs to fight back this is what is getting to the thread we accept the songs can't be sung but still are what does FARE want single out some of the fans and horse whip them, how many threads where the club is fined or sanctioned are the most saying the club has to fight back. The other side are fined virtually every European game but are never hammered for the continual fan behaviour the club needs to come out, we as the supporters shouldn't be giving each other the needle leave the to the chamber of secrets

So SG said on tv last night after the game that he wanted the four stands rocking, then the next day UEFA says we have to close a stand at our next home game because of of a misdemeanour on the 18th. Of July. What took them so long?

I hope the selfish idiots in our support are happy with themselves.
We lose the support of 3,000 fans for a match that we need an amazing atmosphere for – and the club are deprived of much-needed income.

I also fully expect us to be charged for something in the matches after this one in question, too.

Maybe when we're ordered to play a game or multiple games behind closed doors people will realise the damage they're doing to our club.

Selfish idiots.

I’m all for fans stopping singing these songs - I don’t sing anything about 19th Century Terrorists or the like.

But I genuinely believe that FARE will find offence at absolutely everything that Rangers sing about. I’d go as far as staying they will find offence at us flying a Union Jack upon the stadium.

78041189cf6fcf9f150517bbea63312a6b5a85642918ef682411af921335af53b1aeca42.jpg

Article 14 states that this is the punishment.

Do it again next Thursday and we have a stadium closure.

I get there are specific Rangers haters at FARE. I get that UEFA are as corrupt as fxxk.

Yes we have come a long way in the last 20 years.

Open your ears though mate - TBB has been specifically banned. The bobby sands line is music to the ears of the FARE rats as are any add on FTP and the vatican. As long as we give them the fuel, they will throw us in the fire.

Wake up - let's take ownership of this and weed it out of Ibrox.

Once again a nice sentiment but unless you're more specific it wont make any difference.

As an example tell me which of these are in or out.

Derrys Walls proper words

Derry Walls with addons.

The Sash.

FF mentioning Dublin

Build My Gallows.

Super Rangers

WATP

Rule Britannia

God Save thr Queen

Green Grassy Slopes of the Boyne

Daddys Uniform

We Spot in Europe

Have You Seen the Glasgow Rangers

The Blue Flag

Etc etc etc

Apologies. I thought you meant the statement was horrific.
Think everyone on edge about this.
We have been warned so in a way not a surprise however the fact we cant appeal it plus the scum are i to double figures for offences and just get a paltry fine isnt sitting well.
However we only have ourselves to blame.

It's idiotic but mob mentality will always win.

I’m all for fans stopping singing these songs - I don’t sing anything about 19th Century Terrorists or the like.

But I genuinely believe that FARE will find offence at absolutely everything that Rangers sing about. I’d go as far as staying they will find offence at us flying a Union Jack upon the stadium.

Complete and utter strawman argument.

They are welcome to be offended at a Union flag flying, but they are powerless to do anything. What they are not powerless to do is something about songs we have been expressly warned about in the past or songs that pretty fucking obviously go after Catholics (as in NPOR etc). That leaves a pretty obvious solution, don't you think?

People on here asking why we haven't been fined or warned first.Were we not fined about 15 grand last season after the Villarreal game?
Were we not fined about 30 grand after we played PSV?
3000 seats is a lot and its utter shite we are treated differently but the warnings have been there for a long time.Every game now we know FARE are in attendance and yet the songs are still sung and they just sit back and smile knowing we are f*cked.

Could we not take out an injunction against FARE? ban them or their representatives from the stadium and grounds if they report us they have broken an injunction.

It's obvious that FARE is far from it and need to be stopped considering what goes on elsewhere.

I’m sure it won’t be BF1 that gets closed, but it’s a certainty that’s where these songs were sung the last time v St Joseph’s.

We have a team full of catholic players these days who bless themselves going onto the park and after scoring goals. If any of our catholic players tries to understand what these songs are about, they’ll be out the door sharpish.

It’s time to cut that shite out!

Last edited:
Dont think any Gers fan can ever stop following the club, its in our blood, its a love deeper than any other love.

It's just so frustrating that people like me and most of us who have a genuine love for Rangers with absolute zero interest in Ireland/N.I, Religion, being brought down by all the morons that think its great to sing loyalist songs from 70s/80s with the add-ons. Leave this shite to the people who actually think they are from Ireland across the city.
We are Rangers, we are Scottish.

It really is embarrassing to be doing this at Rangers games.

I think the RSC's have a massive role to play as lets be honest most of the songs are sung on these buses, which is fine, but thats where it should remain when they arrive at the game. But the problems is - and i have witnessed this first hand for many a year... The amount of people getting absolutely fu(ked out their face on the way up to the games and act like absolute clowns all through the game with all the sectarian shite. To the point where i had to start taking my wee girl and son to the games in the car.

Hopefully on day we will get the ground rocking with real Rangers songs like Wolverhampton town, every other Saturday, etc

There's the thing though, whether Loyalist songs should be sung is one argument, whether they are offensive/sectarian/racist is another. We simply don't know because nothing has ever been clarified.

I would love to sing only Rangers songs, but at this present time especially against the Scum the Loyalist songs get a bigger airing than anything else. It really isn't a minority of fans singing the Loyalist tunes like many state.

Right Rangers, get it out there now that these songs about religion, paramilitaries and other shit are now in the bin

This ^

NAME the songs and tell the support you’re hurting us by singing these songs .

If you continue to do so you’ll be identified and face a lifetime ban .

We are being attacked from all sides and yet the vermin must have about 30 fines from eufa it's clear to see liewell truly is uping his game here simple as that. Until the club start fighting our corner it will only get worse

Thats what annoys me. When its sung -my take is -19th Century Terrorist is referencing an Irish, republican supporting person who detests the British state. Which id accurate IMO.

I think its crazy how this has been slanted as "Sectarian"... on sky sports news it mentions "guilty of racism - which includeds sectarian chanting".. never knew 19th Century Terrorist was a race?

I know people say dont sing these songs etc and that itll get us in trouble and I understand why but I think we need someone to defend us and our right to sing TBB etc. What happened to Freedom of Speech?

This might not be a popular opinion but that my 2 cents on the issue.
Freedom of speech will be classed as an irrelevant defense.

By buying a ticket, admission is given on implicit acceptance of terms and conditions which includes mention of the holder of the ticket not engaging in any behaviour that could be construed as racist, sexist or in any other way discriminatory. It also makes mention of creating an environment open to all regardless of race, religion etc.

I can't get on the site to get the exact wording right now, but if you search rangers fc ticket terms and conditions when the site is working later, you'll get it.

In short, Freedom of Speech - yes you have a right to it, but by virtue of the T&C the club are not allowing you a platform to use it as is their right.

Once we stop singing the songs, they will simply launch another offensive of some sort to dehumanize us. They all continue to beat us with a big stick but there's only so many times you can get up. Maybe attack is the best form of self defence now

I love hallo hallo I won’t stop singing it but I am will to change the couple of words these pathetic ladies front bottom are offended by!!
Hollicom at work here!!
They want as much negativity coming our way as possible to deflect from nonce f.c and they don’t want us reaching the group stages n getting that money.
This has a timmy written all over it!!!

its got %^*& all to do with them quite frankly.

That's nonsense. Are we the only club operating within a set of rules or do these rules apply to everyone?

The GB must love posts like yours. Basically giving them cart blanche to do as they please while we are named and shamed.

2 songs and 2 songs only that can land us in bother, The Billy boys and We are Rangers, Super Rangers. Change the word 19th Century Terrorist to any list of words and all’s fine. Rebel isn’t sectarian and is what my late granda always called them.
The exact words I have used use in those two songs.
I have been advocating for years instead of being up to our knees
You replace that with
“We’ll sing the sash and derrys walls
Surrender or you’ll die”
I suspect though that it’s all to late to save the billy boys

Up to our knees in Celtic blood and that's the Billy boys cleaned up. Is it possible to randomly scatter the 3,000 seats to have less visual impact, or is it a stand as in whole areas?

2 songs and 2 songs only that can land us in bother, The Billy boys and We are Rangers, Super Rangers. Change the word 19th Century Terrorist to any list of words and all’s fine. Rebel isn’t sectarian and is what my late granda always called them.
People know my stand point on the songs we sing but when it comes to games in Europe.we know the rules we can’t sing the billy boys it’s as simple as that.we may not like it and I certainly don’t but that the rules.we lost that battle under Murray and Bain and your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think any board is going to endorse any song with “19th Century Terrorist” in it.i have said it on here and written in the fanzine it’s not rocket science.drop ftp and any reference to 19th Century Terrorists (yes I know they use it and what a 19th Century Terrorist actually is).
Who says we cant sing the Billy Boys,so where is the list of songs and offensive words can we see them,I wonder if Hun and DOBS are on them because let's not kid ourselves this is being led by that mob how else can they explain them never having a stand shut after all their catalogue of events,We are calling for transparency the Club should be calling for it,i find everything they sing deeply offensive but we have to put up with it well it's not on .

This ^

NAME the songs and tell the support you’re hurting us by singing these songs .

If you continue to do so you’ll be identified and face a lifetime ban .
It’s not rocket science is it?

Clearly the people signing the songs are to blame. But the club are culpable. They have failed to take the lead on this.

I’ve not understood the everyone anyone campaign. To me it was happy clappy, fluffy nonsense with no substance.

It didn’t sort out the root cause of what they are trying to tackle. Did they think by releasing this campaign the fans who sing about bobby sands, the pope, the Ira etc etc would stop.

All it takes it a few folk to sing it and you can see people all over thinking, well they can’t do us all. Well, we should.

That’s how we promote anyone everyone. We demand the behaviour that encourages it. And if you can’t comply. Stay at home and sing about the Ira to your tv

Once we stop singing the songs, they will simply launch another offensive of some sort to dehumanize us. They all continue to beat us with a big stick but there's only so many times you can get up. Maybe attack is the best form of self defence now

The club needs a two pronged attack. Start a consultation with fans to agree on a songbook AND start fighting back over the double standards.

So SG said on tv last night after the game that he wanted the four stands rocking, then the next day UEFA says we have to close a stand at our next home game because of of a misdemeanour on the 18th. Of July. What took them so long?

perhaps it happening against Progres and the danish mob has pushed them into action

timing is shite for fans but UEFA want maximum impact

That's whatabouterry. It's our problem that only we're can address.
No it’s an observation. We are seeing a section of the stadium closed for singing a song. I don’t think the singing of said song should be happening however why is the punishment more severe that that dished out to those setting off flares, throwing object at players and officials?

That's nonsense. Are we the only club operating within a set of rules or do these rules apply to everyone?

The GB must love posts like yours. Basically giving them cart blanche to do as they please while we are named and shamed.

How is it nonsense? It is US who have been charged. US who have the closed section of the stand and US who lose out.

We can't constantly be looking around blaming everyone else. Its childish if nothing else.

The only club in the world that if we have an orange strip scum want to be offended!!
Are we offended by any colours that they wear??
Naw cos we’ve no got a chip on the shoulder!!
Offended by everything!!
Ashamed by nothing!!
Nonce .f.c

Not surprised this has happened to be honest , yes we know FARE are bitter bastards but dont give them the ammunition,i dont want to go to rangers games and hear about the volunteers of the UVF coming down the road or the IRA or bobby f***ing sands ffs can we just stop singing the songs ,now decent fans will prob miss out on a big game because of arseholes in our support and also yes the UB create an atmosphere but they need to tone it down with certain songs they seem to think they are better than any other fan because they sing and jump about waving flags ,politics and religion have no place in football and no place in Ibrox

No it’s an observation. We are seeing a section of the stadium closed for singing a song. I don’t think the singing of said song should be happening however why is the punishment more severe that that dished out to those setting off flares, throwing object at players and officials?

have you not seen the media/governing bodies push against racism/sectarianism etc
its the high profile issue

Who says we cant sing the Billy Boys,so where is the list of songs and offensive words can we see them,I wonder if Hun and DOBS are on them because let's not kid ourselves this is being led by that mob how else can they explain them never having a stand shut after all their catalogue of events,We are calling for transparency the Club should be calling for it,i find everything they sing deeply offensive but we have to put up with it well it's not on .

The club needs to show leadership and take the fight to them. Sort out the songbook WITH the fans then expose the bias and double standards.

If they havent got the balls then just ban ALL SINGING. That way the mentally challengeds, the press, the handwringers etc get what they want. Job done.

IMO, the "racist" wording needs to be 100% challenged by the club. Also, UEFA announcing this after tickets have been sold is a disgrace.

Unfortunately, that's the only complaints I have. We've had warnings from the club, our own governing body and UEFA in the past and it hasn't deterred us. The utter fucking stupidity of some within our support is quite unbelievable at times.

No one to blame but ourselves. I just hope this is the boot in the arse we need to finally understand that there are folk just waiting for us to give them an excuse to put the boot in.

That's like white people arguing that the n word isn't racist

It's simply not going to wash.

Forget about the whataboutery, we have been told time and time again not to sing TBB,but no the halfwits still want to sing it and no what they now got us hard, I do hope my ticket I have is not in the part of the ground that will close?...Some of our fans are dumb really phuckin dumb and they are only hurting the club they profess to love..phuckin idiots !!

Agree Davy.

But let’s be clear that it’s a good few more songs than just TBB.

No pope of Rome, Super Rangers are others & we have some add ons too that could have us punished further.

Look at all the PLO shit they get away with.

Complete and utter strawman argument.

They are welcome to be offended at a Union flag flying, but they are powerless to do anything. What they are not powerless to do is something about songs we have been expressly warned about in the past or songs that pretty fucking obviously go after Catholics (as in NPOR etc). That leaves a pretty obvious solution, don't you think?

It does. I agree that we shouldn’t be singing these songs, even if it is completely hypocritical that the heads of FARE seem happy to let others sing about the death of innocents to terrorists.

Back