Have we been conditioned to expect an underwhelming appointment?

It’s McInnes. Always has been.

I think there was a bit of conditioning going on with the rumours of Maclaran and Neill. Hey presto, McInnes suddenly seems like José Mourinho...

But now the delay is for the following possible reasons:

-the club are becoming obsessed with being seen to trawl for candidates so McInnes doesn’t look like the shoe-in he always was. An “exhaustive search” for the benefit of shareholders and the AGM
-Aberdeen won’t let him go until after the double-header. So we’re stalling

I reckon that a pretty bang-on summary, actually.

The board must think we're all f*cking stupid. Personally, it doesn't make me want McInnes to take over any more than at the beginning of this carry-on.

You would have hoped the faction that brought us Pedro would be suitably chastened this time around.
You are presupposing that the factions are the same and haven’t changed ?
I’ve no idea. I would think that those who picked Pedro might be a bit more circumspect this time though.

I think our board are more ambitous than McIness is...

But guys like Moyes and that ilk will always fall for the EPL

Pardew and that ilk won't back themself for less than 10 million budget

Pedro dry fucked us with a vision of a dream he portrayed as a reality.

It is going to take someone who is a gamble

McIness is never winning us a league and deep down we all know that so why waste our time

Be Spurs - be bat shit and find our Pochettino

I think our board are more ambitous than McIness is...

But guys like Moyes and that ilk will always fall for the EPL

Pardew and that ilk won't back themself for less than 10 million budget

Pedro dry fucked us with a vision of a dream he portrayed as a reality.

It is going to take someone who is a gamble

McIness is never winning us a league and deep down we all know that so why waste our time

Is that likely?

What? The Spurs part? In time maybe and it might take a few but meh why not?

A steady hand is such dug shit chat

A mediocore at best manager can get us second - we don't need a steady hand it is like admitting we need a guy to BE second - %^*& that

It's a fair enough argument but I think you probably already know that you're going to be disappointed.

Then again, aren't we all.

Go out and get a guy that finished above average with a provincial team getting them the best league finish in 10 years like at Southampton and a guy that avoided relegation by the skin of his teeth with a Spanish provincial team like Espanyol for a few years?

Sounds a bit like McInnes with Aberdeen and St Johnstone.. (haha not comparing them ability wise btw)

Who could be our Pochettino?
Nobody with any sort of track record in a serious league.

You'd be taking a punt with a recently retired pro or a coach who's never managed before and hoping he had a natural brilliance.

It would be a swing for the fences much like Caixinha was.

You also have to consider we lack the talent on the board to identify such a man.

Go out and get a guy that finished above average with a provincial team getting them the best league finish in 10 years like at Southampton and a guy that avoided relegation by the skin of his teeth with a Spanish provincial team like Espanyol for a few years?

Sounds a bit like McInnes with Aberdeen and St Johnstone.. (haha not comparing them ability wise btw)

Context!

Pochettino done bat shit things - he didn't just collect players better than the teams in the league he made guys look like super stars - Scheiderlen, Clyne, Lovren, Shaw, Chambers, Lovren, Rodriguez

He gets a tune out of them, offers chances, takes them on - he lays his shit out on the table to be judged - he doesn't just steal better than the pool of shit around him

He showed he was a talent - there is a shady and easy unmasked undertone to the work of McIness

Who could be our Pochettino?

The more this draws on the more interesting the names that are suggested on here .

We all know about MPH . But recently guys like graham potter and henning berg , who are forging solid careers , look like good shouts .

Personally , I think most posters are turd polishing with Derek mcinnes .

Context!

Pochettino done bat shit things - he didn't just collect players better than the teams in the league he made guys look like super stars - Scheiderlen, Clyne, Lovren, Chambers, Lovren, Rodriguez

He gets a tune out of them, offers chances, takes them on - he lays his shit out on the table to be judged - he doesn't just steal better than the pool of shit around him

He showed he was a talent - there is a shady and easy unmasked undertone to the work of McIness
Yes but that has been a consistent theme at Southampton since he arrived and has continued after he left, its a very well run club. To be fair he has done very well at Spurs too. But my point is sometimes its easy to identify these types of managers in hindsight, very difficult to predict when starting out.

The excitement surrounding us appointing a new manager has well and truly gone. Thankfully we’ve a match this weekend or it would be brutal.

I’ve not got my hopes up or set the bar too high this time around, so won’t be underwhelmed or disappointing - unless we appoint utter garbage.

The more this draws on the more interesting the names that are suggested on here .

We all know about MPH . But recently guys like graham potter and henning berg , who are forging solid careers , look like good shouts .

Preud’homme, the man who needed a break wishing he was 10 years younger and I’d have McInnes before a foreigner like Berg or an Brit like Potter.

Yes but that has been a consistent theme at Southampton since he arrived and has continued after he left, its a very well run club. To be fair he has done very well at Spurs too. But my point is sometimes its easy to identify these types of managers in hindsight, very difficult to predict when starting out.

I don't think it has you know - he was taken from a proper club - they have been scratching around a bit since he estatblished them

You become a competent EPL club you can live as that being shit because no clubs can flex the same muscle

Christ WBA manage it and they are shit

Takes full on club implosion aka Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle to go dowm

Poch planted them in the EPL gravy train

Preud’homme, the man who needed a break wishing he was 10 years younger and I’d have McInnes before a foreigner like Berg or an Brit like Potter.

Lol , bergs and potters careers are more successful than mcinnes .

Berg , after a series of ups and downs has won the polish cup and polish title , potter a series of promotions , a Swedish cup and in the group stages of the europa versus a Scottish league cup .

It's not the first time I've read this on here. You're suggesting Aberdeen will go into the double-header managed by someone who is set to leave after the games.

Just a bizarre suggestion.

Well, to start off the whole situation is getting a little bizarre anyway and I don’t see you coming up with anything better as to how to explain it.

My theory isn’t that McInnes will be in the Sheep dugout for those games, but the process will start just before them and it’ll provide an excuse for him being in neither dugout for the two games, which are only a few days apart.

That’s what I’d do if I was Milne

Berg , after a series of ups and downs has won the polish cup and polish title , potter a series of promotions , a Swedish cup and in the group stages of the europa versus a Scottish league cup .

McIness has done feck all - Sunderland and Martin Bain are the only club who have went for him - THAT alone is a muckle neon NO light.

Well, to start off the whole situation is getting a little bizarre anyway and I don’t see you coming up with anything better as to how to explain it.

My theory isn’t that McInnes will be in the Sheep dugout for those games, but the process will start just before them and it’ll provide an excuse for him being in neither dugout for the two games, which are only a few days apart.

That’s what I’d do if I was Milne

As Milne, you'd allow your team to go into a crucial double-header with no manager?

I'd suggest there is no unanimous candidate. Given the importance of the appointment, the Board are naturally taking their time. That's how I see it.

We're never going to go for an appointment like that after Pedro.

We're never going to go for an appointment like that after Pedro.

And if the safe pair of hands isn't good enough and gets binned , what then ?

Whatever way the board go , they need to get this right , as we stare down the barrel of a Celtic 10 in a row .

And if the safe pair of hands isn't good enough and gets binned , what then ?

Whatever way the board go , they need to get this right , as we stare down the barrel of a Celtic 10 in a row .
It's not me saying you're wrong it's more just basing an opinion on what is realistic to happen.

Pedro was that disastrous.

I've said I would like to give McInnes a chance but I don't see him as 'a safe pair of hands'.

Preud’homme is a guy who stated just a few months ago that he needed ‘an indefinite break’ from football. Can you imagine a manager with that attitude in charge of us? Poor guy would have a mental breakdown before the next international break.

It’s McInnes. Always has been.

I think there was a bit of conditioning going on with the rumours of Maclaran and Neill. Hey presto, McInnes suddenly seems like José Mourinho...

But now the delay is for the following possible reasons:

-the club are becoming obsessed with being seen to trawl for candidates so McInnes doesn’t look like the shoe-in he always was. An “exhaustive search” for the benefit of shareholders and the AGM
-Aberdeen won’t let him go until after the double-header. So we’re stalling
Conspiracy theory stuff.

Preud’homme is a guy who stated just a few months ago that he needed ‘an indefinite break’ from football. Can you imagine a manager with that attitude in charge of us? Poor guy would have a mental breakdown before the next international break.

And Derek mcinnes comments after getting gubbed off Celtic for the 8th time in row ?

You'll excuse me if I don't fancy a guy like that managing us .

Legia , won the league and then polish cup , binned after finishing second .

Video ton - sacked after finishing second . Perhaps more to it but certainly had his ups and downs .

Sorry mate, it's not aimed at you in particular but there's definitely a snobbishness towards UK managers and an over hyping of foreign managers.

If Berg's CV belonged to say, Colin Hendy people wouldn't want him anywhere near it.

I'd suggest there is no unanimous candidate. Given the importance of the appointment, the Board are naturally taking their time. That's how I see it.

I think it’s that simple. Some want McInnes, others don’t. The extension for applications more or less flags that up.

I don’t see it as sensible caution though; it feels a little more desperate than that.

I guess the question now is: if after the deadline expires and there’s no new serious candidates, what do they do then?

Rock, paper, scissors?

Sorry mate, it's not aimed at you in particular but there's definitely a snobbishness towards UK managers and an over hyping of foreign managers.

If Berg's CV belonged to say, Colin Hendy people wouldn't want him anywhere near it.

Perhaps a bit , but there is a quite a bit of mcinnes cheer leading going on in here , and imo he's not good enough .

I like the sound of graham potter , exactly the sort of manager we needed 5 years ago

Perhaps a bit , but there is a quite a bit of mcinnes cheer leading going on in here , and imo he's not good enough .

I like the sound of graham potter , exactly the sort of manager we needed 5 years ago
Tbh as I've alluded to in the OP I've been ground down to basically expecting a joke appointment.

Speculating is part of the fun but it's become a bit monotonous.

So you wouldn't take Pardew, Sherwood or a McInnes but you'd take Remi Garde?

How does Garde specifically stand out from them?

He is French I suppose.

I will go with the guy Dorrmund were linked to over the guy Sunderland ....and errr...nae other lady's front bottom were aye

%^*& sake comparing them as a head shot is epic :D:D

You stick their prizes and players on the table I will stick Gardes

They took their time the last time and appointed a fu©King DUD.
Great contribution and great support of the process. Hopefully we just fling it at someone to give you plenty of moaning time.

Tell you what, you know what you don’t like, let’s read what you do like. It’s easy to be a side line sniper. State your fucking opinion. Who should it be?

I will go with the guy Dorrmund were linked to over the guy Sunderland ....and errr...nae other lady's front bottom were aye

%^*& sake comparing them as a head shot is epic :D:D

You stick their prizes and players on the table I will stick Gardes
Garde has won a French Cup.

Pardew and Sherwood got their teams to domestic cup finals.

Garde was outperformed conclusively by Paul Lambert, Alex McLeish and Tim Sherwood as Aston Villa manager.

Aye and we've been 'linked' with all manner of c.unts, it's just a load of bollocks.

You prefer him because he's foreign, nothing else.

Garde has won a French Cup.

Pardew and Sherwood got their teams to domestic cup finals.

Garde was outperformed conclusively by Paul Lambert, Alex McLeish and Tim Sherwood as Aston Villa manager.

Aye and we've been 'linked' with all manner of c.unts, it's just a load of bollocks.

You prefer him because he's foreign, nothing else.

And lost!!!

I suggested him - nothing more - as guys like Wenger and clubs like Dortmund suggest validation of talent to me over Mike Ashley and Martin Bain....

Back