Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

our "best" player by the proverbial country mile was mcgregor who kept the score down

the rest of the team were fucking woeful

davis passed the ball out of play over a distance of 10 yards
yes greegs saved our embarrassment bit outfield flanagan never done a thing wrong wish i could say the same for some or any of the others, that was f uckin awfull

Unfortunately they still have better players than us and are still fav's to win the league. We were poor because because they made us play poor. No more bravado from me anymore reality has finally slapped me about the face. If we could win one of the cups that would be a massive achievement and improvement for me anyway.

Today, we were like an over-confident boxer going into a fight in which they and all of the pundits thought they'd win. Suddenly, their opponent catches them with one, they get back up again, but can never quite recover from the surprise and get themselves back on track.

They never turned up today and those scum made us look like the last 12 months had never happened. Each and every player needs to take a hard look at themselves. They have it in them to be a famous set of Rangers players but performances like today’s will stop that.

They need to regroup and remember how it feels today and never let it happen again.

I agree, but what I would say is that while Flanagan was good, his total lack of a left foot cost us dear in an attacking sense.

Given how he was playing and how poor Tav was, at one point I wondered if bringing on Barisic for Tav and swapping sides might have given us a bit more joy.

Regardless, it's over now. I'm not throwing in the towel on 55 anytime soon, so we move on.
Genuinely thought the same. He had Forrest in his pocket and won everything he challenged for - offers zilch going forward though which isn't his game. When Forrest went off then Borna maybe could have came on, can't remember if we had used all subs at that point though. The team choice was a gamble but was still salvageable at half time. Ojo on at half time was wrong choice for me though; we needed an out ball which he isn't.

Well, with Jones being given the red card I am assuming the compliant officer is going to offer the same to McGregor?

That aside, it was just all wrong today. Wrong tactics used and despite being at home absolutely no pressure. They did to us what we have done to them in the last couple of games and pressed them really hard.

It was clear right from the very beginning that Defoe nor Aribo were going to work in this game. Even the subs were poor.

The kick off by Celtic set down the marker and from that kick we were very poor. They were up for it we for some reason we were definitely not! Baffling team selection. I think SG has tried to be to clever and has over thought and over estimated Celtic. We should have played as we have been from start of season. Really disappointing performance.

3 point lead is %^*& all. Only annoyed that we dropped what should be our worst old firm performance this season in a home match where we expected a result.
Oh and %^*& those smelly pedo enabling tramps

Who you kidding? They will run over the top of the rest of the league. We will scrape by with odd goal wins and drop points. From what I watched today they are much better than us.

Clark fucking Kent wouldn’t have been much help today never mind Ryan Kent...Our midfield couldn’t complete simple passes, the defence looked nervous and struggled with their high press, playing Defoe as a lone striker when we were devoid of width was just looney...Add to all of that carrying Aribo and Ojo for whom the game just passed by and the general lack of fight and urgency and we got what we merited %^*& all!

I said numerous times before the St Mirren game, the next 2 games were absolutely crucial in terms of the title, even this early.

Lennon and the mhanks will never have an easier old firm game, we were an absolute disgrace.

The quality from both sides was dreadful. Really tough game to watch.

As been said before Gerrard got it badly wrong and we were playing catch up by the time he realised. Second time hes picked the wrong team and shape against them please dont let there be a third.

you are always spouting pish about Katic. Goldson caused us the game along with the manager.

Am I really ?

If you could gather a few pishy things I’ve said about katic recently that’d be lovely .

Go on Jaws ,indulge me ,don’t bite me ear they big teef

Loads of opinions on manager, formation etc but far too many off our players failed to show today, slack passes, sitting too deep, shying out the tackle, no leaders and basically got overran by them. 2 shite shots on target against them at Ibrox is truly awful.

goldson needs to go, at least we have cover, as far as midfield is concerned looks bad, real bad, if aribo is the saviour god help us he looks and plays like a little kid

Gerrard can’t come out one day saying we don’t fear Celtic anymore and then field 5 centre midfielders against them. Changed a winning formula purely because we were playing them.
Absolutely agree mate. We are told it's all about what Rangers do - then we completely change our tactics and selection to try to nullify them ?
I'm waiting for SG to explain but got it completely wrong today.

Madden is the weakest referee in Scotland. The scum know this and played him like a fiddle. Having said that we created eff all against a piss poor defence so we have no body to blame but ourselves.

We were terrible
They were terrible - despite us being so bad it was a gift that they scored from

Selection was abysmal
Players were shocking
Ref was a disgrace

I don't think they were terrible, they were comfortable and w/o a couple of great saves it would have been worse.
Easy to blame Gerrard- he got it wrong- but we are trying to build on the cheap and with loan signings- thats' a tough ask
denial doesn't help

That’s the league done for another season :(

I would actually agree with this. Mentally, we are just not strong enough. A win today would have gone some way to giving us that needed mental boost - instead we've got the exact opposite and the scum go home thinking they're unstoppable once again.
F8cking sick of it to be honest, even when we look like we're rolling along nicely we can't put those pricks in their place and our players go into their shell.

I think today showed we have regressed in the attacking positions. We have got away with it against average opposition but today it was exposed.

the manager still hasn’t been given enough money to make a dent on bringing quality to the team.
We had one new signing starting today, from a group of players who shat the bed at crucial times last year.
First main test this season and they do it again.

Still lack a quality creator in midfield who scores and better attacking options.

Same shite every time from the numpties on here. We’re either going to conquer all or we’re useless

I try not to come on here much before we play them. A few good results and it's all how were going to kick their arse.
I wish some would learn to keep the bragging till after we've actually played the feckers, crazy or no, I feel it feckin jinxes us and gives they mentally challenged bastards even more ammo to slag us with after a result like the day.. It'll never happen, though. the bi-polars will right back at it for the next one.

See all you 'feck Gerrard' merchants - who do you want as replacement pedro caixinha or murty?

OK, it was pathetic today and the approach was wrong but we are making progress as a team even though there was precious little evidence today.

Stevie G can't be the greatest thing since sliced bread on Thursday and a waste of space today.

Who said he was the greatest thing since sliced bread ?
Fact is what we have just seen was every bit as bad as under the managers mentioned and Warburton.
And the current filth side are probably poorer now than then as well.

The team selection and tactics put us on the back foot right from the kick off today. The we gave away yet another stupid goal and we never recovered.
We were rotten at all the things we normally do well.
We looked unsure and lacking in confidence at the back. Defoe was an empty shirt who was easily marshalled by the filth’s defence. The manager has a lot to answer for with his team selection today, but there were a few guilty parties on the park today who need to have a word with themselves.

If Tav was as good as many of us think then why has no one bid for him. Reality can be painful sometimes.
painful no, awful yes, he is way too inconsistent for anyone to offer him a deal, dont forget how long hes been with us and his winning record, love him one minute hate the next, hes been brutal so far this season

Shite the day. Don't think it needs much more analysis. They didn't need to do anything special to beat us in our own back yard. There were a couple of new recruits that were lacking a war-face too. Disappointing

Am I really ?

If you could gather a few pishy things I’ve said about katic recently that’d be lovely .

Go on Jaws ,indulge me ,don’t bite me ear they big teef

Regardless of previous posts, you are speaking utter shite about Katic today.

Back