Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

How do we rid ourselves of this recurring timidity? We shat it once again, we’ve not been Rangers since Walter.
The manager made a rip-roaring arse of that today but he needs to surgically remove the weak sisters who, too often, lack the will and aggression to play for Rangers, specially against those chunts.

painful no, awful yes, he is way too inconsistent for anyone to offer him a deal, dont forget how long hes been with us and his winning record, love him one minute hate the next, hes been brutal so far this season

when a team's most creative player is their right back its safe to assume something is very wrong

That was a fkn shambles from start to finish. They are rank rotten, as Cluj showed, but we make them look good. A real sickener.

I try not to come on here much before we play them. A few good results and it's all how were going to kick their arse.
I wish some would learn to keep the bragging till after we've actually played the feckers, crazy or no, I feel it feckin jinxes us and gives they mentally challenged bastards even more ammo to slag us with after a result like the day.. It'll never happen, though. the bi-polars will right back at it for the next one.
same here mate the crap from some before the game was embarrasing

Awful performance.

Terrible set-up. No width, 'packing the midfield' strategy that was over-run within 2 minutes.

Long-balls to Defoe? The manager isn't learning.

Beaten man for man all over the pitch.

You must be on something and are thinking we won 2.0 !
Not on anything mate, we've won 3 out of 4 in the league, and progressed in Europe for the second consecutive season.

If you want to throw the towel in, then by all means, but I'll continue to support my team, even when it doesn't go our way.

Hilarious, absolutely hilarious. 90% of this forum now look like absolute morons. After all the arrogance this result serves you right. Neil Lennon’s here for 10 in a row and don’t you forget it.

You don’t have a girlfriend or any pals do you......as you type away furiously after ur team just won at Ibrox

G@y

How do we rid ourselves of this recurring timidity? We shat it once again, we’ve not been Rangers since Walter.
The manager made a rip-roaring arse of that today but he needs to surgically remove the weak sisters who, too often, lack the will and aggression to play for Rangers, specially against those chunts.

this is a HUGE problem

as far as i can see sign players who are absolute animals and demand that from those around them

I don't think either team looked especially good today.

They got the breakthrough due to a mistake, yes, Edouard took it well, but that's what 9m buys them. Their second was always a risk in stoppage time as we chased an equaliser.

Not going to lose the heid. It wasn't the games against them that cost us the league last season, but there does have to be an improvement going forward.

55 express is still well and truly on track. We just met a small delay today.

Today, it hurts, but tomorrow I'll wake up and I'll still be employed, I'll still know who both of my parents are, they won't be related to each other, and I'll still be a Bear.
These well balanced posts won’t go over well, brace yourself

Think we started with the wrong team, too many midfielders, no width. Helander in for Goldson now. And lastly....Jordan Jones idiot games done and he gets himself a 2 match suspension. Start again....that's our wake up call.

We were shit. The second we saw the team sheet im pretty sure we all thought "WTF?"

They weren't much better, but did deserve to win.

We need to just suck it up, much like the first OF last season Gerrard to needs accept responsibility and we move forward.

Fuckity %^*&!!!

FOUR GAMES IN..... And you’re ready to throw in the towel? Bam
4 games in and already 3 points behind. If it wasn't for a last minute winner at Killie and a piece of brilliance last week at St Mirren we would be even further behind.

This team don't have the quality or mentality to win a league title. We are too inconsistent and too predictable.

Unless something changes they are champions again.

I'm raging after that today. Raging more than when we were losing five to them.

Why?

Because that game should have been ours. We handed it to them with the team selection, Goldson's giveaway and putting Jones on too late.

We lost that, Celtic didn't go out and win it with a performance.

4 games in and already 3 points behind. If it wasn't for a last minute winner at Killie and a piece of brilliance last week at St Mirren we would be even further behind.

This team don't have the quality or mentality to win a league title. We are too inconsistent and too predictable.

I wonder why you bother following (I won’t say supporting as it’s clearly the wrong word to describe you)

Piss poor and disheartening as %^*&. Morelos and jones should have started. Wish we had Kent aswell

No matter what happens this season or the following, we are still Rangers. We took a sore one today. We have to live with it. We don’t have the financial resources to compete. SG has pulled off a miracle in the circumstances to get us into the group stages of the Europa League. Nonetheless, today’s performance was unacceptable. A simple mistake of a pass from Goldson let them in. Up until then it was evens. The game by-passed Aribo, as it did against Legia. Ojo the same. Arfield played the entire summer for Canada and is running on empty. Davis and of all people, Flanagan get pass marks. And MacGregor. The rest were below par. We didn’t close them down. We weren’t in their faces. Almost like last season in our first match against them. Tame. Need to regroup, re-think and stop feeling sorry for ourselves. No surrender.

No Surrender, eh mate?

Played 13
Won 10
Drawn 2
Lost 1
Scored 32
Conceded 7

Yet we're inconsistent?

Looked to me to be the polar opposite of the final league game from last season
They got in our faces from the start and we weren’t up for it
Only ‘positive’ to be taken from today is that it’s early doors and we’ve got a further 3 opportunities to right this wrong
We seemed to get caught up in the - we can’t afford to lose this - wrong way of thinking in my opinion - we should have gone for it from the start!

The kick off by Celtic set down the marker and from that kick we were very poor. They were up for it we for some reason we were definitely not! Baffling team selection. I think SG has tried to be to clever and has over thought and over estimated Celtic. We should have played as we have been from start of season. Really disappointing performance.
THIS

Long way to go so no way is the season over but we handed them a big psychological advantage today. Starting without Morelos was criminal by SG. Our passing was embarrassing and anyone who believes that James Tavernier could play for England should seek medical help.

We’ve got one, we just played a 36 year old in his place.

How many games has Buffalo played against "them" and how many goals? How many games has their 9 mill player played? and how many goals? Morelos was bought for 1 mill.

I agree that Celtic also looked average, but it’s all context. They were away. Last two visits they had been dominated. Entire new back line, that then suffered another injury and another debutant was introduced. And we still struggled. Piss poor and annoying because we seem to continue to have an inability to break teams down that sit in. And also because we changed our formation to suit them.

Not exactly shocked tbh, we have laboured the last few games and they turned up full of energy today.

Looking at our summer recruitment, questions maybe need to be asked there ( in our attacking options). Only Aribo looks like he will be a first team regular given time.

How many games has Buffalo played against "them" and how many goals? How many games has their 9 mill player played? and how many goals? Morelos was bought for 1 mill.

True but Morelos starts today and we offer more. He scores more goals than Edouard and would have offered us a focal point. We missed him badly, Celtic defence that slippers on dealing with Defoe.

Poor, we pack the midfield but don’t press them, once they got through 20 minutes you could see they got a lift..a rookie defence and we never troubled them..tactics very poor today..

True but Morelos starts today and we offer more. He scores more goals than Edouard and would have offered us a focal point. We missed him badly, Celtic defence that slippers on dealing with Defoe.

How many goals has their 9 mill player scored against us? Point being is you get what you pay for.

No matter what happens this season or the following, we are still Rangers. We took a sore one today. We have to live with it. We don’t have the financial resources to compete. SG has pulled off a miracle in the circumstances to get us into the group stages of the Europa League. Nonetheless, today’s performance was unacceptable. A simple mistake of a pass from Goldson let them in. Up until then it was evens. The game by-passed Aribo, as it did against Legia. Ojo the same. Arfield played the entire summer for Canada and is running on empty. Davis and of all people, Flanagan get pass marks. And MacGregor. The rest were below par. We didn’t close them down. We weren’t in their faces. Almost like last season in our first match against them. Tame. Need to regroup, re-think and stop feeling sorry for ourselves. No surrender.

Great post !

We have a few that are off form or in need of time on the bench to let others stake their claim. The international break gives us time to evaluate and come back fresh.

It’s still early doors in the season but we don’t seem as fluid as we were at the end of last season.

I hope Stevie will give those out of form a break but there are a few that seem to get picked every week despite how they played the week before.

Celtic didn't need to get out of third gear. Strolled it. Tbh if they'd upped the tempo a bit more with 20 left they could have cuffed us.

Gerrard fucked the tactics and the starting 11 and then the players on the park absolutely shat the bed. So many poor performances all over. Will be plenty of questions asked now of our domestic form when the pressure is on. We've been shite 3 of the 4 games back this season in the league.

Said in my first post if we did not get the ball forward quickly we would lose. Once again we square pass and pass back while they work hard and close us down.
In the end they were better than us.
Played four games and scored twice which is not good enough.
Long way to go and if we get the work rate up and better passing then we can still win the league but SG has to make a change of style of play.
We have two good strikers but they need the ball passed to them and maybe today we should have tried them playing together in the second half.
Never fear though we are still in it … I have faith.

Back