Nathan Patterson - Start on Wednesday?

50/50 call. Reasonable argument for both inclusions. I trust the decision by SG, Gary Mac and the team. #LetsGo

I think Flanagan will play. Harsh on Patterson but go with experience. Too much riding on these games to risk it imo. Get game won then bring him on if anything.

On what Iv'e seen of him he has to play, he composed on the ball has a good touch and is full of running, great going forward and has a decent cross, only negative I see is he likes a tackle and will pick up bookings other than that he has to start, could be another Hutton. I don't think SG can leave him out, he's too good.

It doesn’t send out a very positive message to the lad to drop him after such an impressive debut.

The jersey should be his now until Tavernier returns or his form dips.

Why would we play a defensive full back who is scared of the ball against St Mirren, who will sit in a deep block for 90 minutes?

Would be ridiculous.

Would love to see him kick on from here but I think we go with Flanagan as the games are too important at the minute.

I think Patterson will start, St Mirren will just sit in so I’d rather him than Flanagan getting forward and crossing

Certainly hope he starts , if the youths see good performances being rewarded they will all get a boost and maybe any talented lads pondering their futures will be more likely to stay

The lad done well the other night, if we don’t have the confidence to play him at home against St mirren when we will probably have 70% of the ball then I don’t know when you would play him . Lad looks a confident individual.

Hope he does, although I’m sure the manager will make the right call and will know whether he is ready.

Surely the same argument applies to the young outstanding full back who suits our system better than Flanagan?
Will give you that, but would hate for the boy to freeze on such an important night, and so early in his 1st Team career. And he looked a bit done in later in the game last Friday against lower league opposition.

Heard him on the radio and came across well. Would give him a start and see how he does. Don’t think this type of game will be won/lost giving a youngster a start

Will give you that, but would hate for the boy to freeze on such an important night, and so early in his 1st Team career. And he looked a bit done in later in the game last Friday against lower league opposition.

Flanagan has frozen a good few times for us also. He was subbed at half time two games in a row at Ibrox last season

Flanagan for me. They are going to sit in and make the game very difficult. We need as much players focused on breaking down their box so our defence doesn't need to be exceptional, just solid. Not the time for gaining experience.

NP will start tomorrow, and if we go up a few goals with his assistance, Flanagan will come on for a run out, and start on Sunday.

A ‘top RB’ you say - are you completely sure about that?
Yes pretty sure.

He played most of the season Liverpool went very close to the title even getting an England cap.

He is a good RB

a very ordinary LB granted where he has for the most part played for us mind you, so I know where the questions on his ability come from.

But at RB he will do well Im sure.

gotta start the lad at least on Wednesday, he played well enough on Friday night to deserve it and he provides a far better balance to the side than a defensively negative Flanagan.

NP will start tomorrow, and if we go up a few goals with his assistance, Flanagan will come on for a run out, and start on Sunday.
I think we need to get Flan on for at least the first 60 mins and be fully ready for Sunday.

I cant imagine we are going to give a young guy his league debut when we have a good RB in Flan.

Paterson did well against Stranraer but it was Stranraer

Nothing to say he is ready for a MUST win SPFL game.

Flannagan has amends to make up for the game away to Aberdeen. He was shocking, and that’s one game that he’s been called in for. Needs to prove a point if he gets it

Yes pretty sure.

He played most of the season Liverpool went very close to the title even getting an England cap.

He is a good RB

a very ordinary LB granted where he has for the most part played for us mind you, so I know where the questions on his ability come from.

Flanagan played left back most of that season. Glen Johnson was the starting right back.

Why not? May not have the experience of Tav, but he plays the game in a similar manner so won't unbalance the team much

If Flanagan plays we probably won’t play Aribo where he’s been so effective as Flanagan isn’t an attacking full back. We start with Patterson and keep the shape that’s served us so well recently for me.

Patterson Plays - has a mare - confidence destroyed. Have to be careful with youth players.

Patterson plays - plays great, confidence through the roof.

Flanagan plays - has a mare, would not be a surprise at all given lack of playing time.(patterson youthful and much more naturally fit so not as relevant for him)

Yes pretty sure.

He is a good RB

He played 16 games at left back that season, and 7 at right back.

Yes he should start, playing in a very good team that will be on the offensive for large parts of the game - he will play til Tav returns

Back