Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

He will bring us into it at some point.

It's a cert.
Why would we not be mentioned during a generic report on it?Us like a good few clubs up here were unfortunate enough to discover one of these animals had managed to get a job.Thats a fact,same as it is with Motherwell,Partick,Dundee Utd,Hibs and a few others.

Celtic on the other hand is on a completely different plant.

And that’s the reason they’re the main focus.

What went on there,the length of time,the amount of victims,the web of cover ups and deciet,the number of offenders,the photos of none other than Jimmy f**king Savile at youth tournaments and Kevin Kelly’s house,the trips and cover up on U.S soil...

Off the scale.

Anyone who fell victim to Neely should have their story told as any victim should if they see fit to.Forget this paranoia about Hollicom being the new Spectre,I’ve no doubt we’ll be mentioned like others but the main focus will be what was allowed to happen in the east end.

It’s one thing these beasts managing to con their way into employment at football clubs who had no prior knowledge of them,it’s quite another if you’re complicit in lying,facilitating and covering it up!

Listen, I more than most would like to see the cunts brought to justice, but us suggesting stripping their titles wouldn't hold any more weight than them suggesting ours should have been removed.

In what way did the systematic abuse of kids in any way aid them in winning the european cup?

We didn't commit any criminality, and if i was to pointscore i would be shouting for Rangers to Pay £1M compensation to any child who was interfered with. Where would that leave celtic if they followed suit.

They and others went after us systematically, victims first and then that club should face the full severity for it's actions in this whole sordid saga. If you can strip titles for criminality, then i'm all for it.

Why would we not be mentioned during a generic report on it?Us like a good few clubs up here were unfortunate enough to discover one of these animals had managed to get a job.Thats a fact,same as it is with Motherwell,Partick,Dundee Utd,Hibs and a few others.

What went on there,the length of time,the amount of victims,the web of cover ups and deciet,the number of offenders,the photos of none other than Jimmy f**king Savile at youth tournaments and Kevin Kelly’s house,the trips and cover up on U.S soil...

Off the scale.

Anyone who fell victim to Neely should have their story told as any victim should if they see fit to.Forget this paranoia about Hollicom being the new Spectre,I’ve no doubt we’ll be mentioned like others but the main focus will be what was allowed to happen in the east end.

It’s one thing these beasts managing to con their way into employment at football clubs who had no prior knowledge of them,it’s quite another if you’re complicit in lying,facilitating and covering it up!

Great post OP.:D:D

@alextomo
Thank you for being a voice for my late son Andrew & countless other men who had their lifes destroyed by these beasts & their enablers. Hoping that you have asked
@glasgowcathcart
what it was he knew & why he did nothing. It haunts me...

that was her tweet
That'll do for me. They're the victims not us.

As I mentioned earlier thomson uses the word infamous and no club or organisation wants that used against them.

In fact the word was used by an american president in one of the best speeches of the 20th century. Infamous and dastardly, which pretty much sums it up.

Like I said. I would not trust him. I would put my mortgage on him bringing us into it.
[/
We know their "investigation" was an absolute farce, but I would be stunned if that's how Thomson reports it.
He may not report it. Probably won’t. Any internal investigation has to be declared to the LSE. It wasn’t. So the internal “investigation” was an attempt to coverup their history. An internal investigation would also have found Lyness Malley. Celtic didn’t release his name.

We didn't commit any criminality, and if i was to pointscore i would be shouting for Rangers to Pay £1M compensation to any child who was interfered with. Where would that leave celtic if they followed suit.

They and others went after us systematically, victims first and then that club should face the full severity for it's actions in this whole sordid saga. If you can strip titles for criminality, then i'm all for it.

But our argument against stripping of titles wasn't about criminality, it was that the titles won were won on the park and not due to an accounting loophole we exploited.

The same logic should apply to their child abuse cover-up, which is to deal with it in dealt the appropriate manner, and the driving force behind any punishment should be with the victims interests at heart, not through the lens of retribution "for what they tried against us" - I'm doubtful the victims would feel vindicated should a number of league wins be wiped from the history books - in fact, I'm sure that's the last thing on their minds.

This guy is English and probably does not care about either Old Firm team. He is an opportunist and will attack any institution given the ammo. The Scum should be scared.

Scared? Celtic and their supporters are absolutely dreading this.

The horrendous child sex abuse and subsequent cover-up at Parkhead is about to be laid bare on national television

This could lead so sponsors deserting them like rats on a sinking ship as no respectable company wants to be associated or tarred with the big paedophile brush.

Next up, serious questions to be answered in Westminster and Holyrood as to why this paedophile ring were given carte blanche to run amok with young players as senior people within Celtic chose to look the other way.

Yup, things are about to get messy, and Celtic are bang in trouble!

Player’s went to that club that wouldn’t have if they had known the extent of the abuse.

Maybe so, but that's a wholly unprovable assertion - much the same way them claiming the likes of De Boer and Prso wouldn't have joined us had we not been in a position to match their wage demands through EBT is.

You see where I'm going with this don't you? Let criminal matters be dealt with through the courts, not through the fucking SFA and through the lens of football rivalry - because, ultimately, that's what it is.

Off the scale.

How or why are there still people out there that don't get this

But our argument against stripping of titles wasn't about criminality, it was that the titles won were won on the park and not due to an accounting loophole we exploited.

The same logic should apply to their child abuse cover-up, which is to deal with it in dealt the appropriate manner, and the driving force behind any punishment should be with the victims interests at heart, not through the lens of retribution "for what they tried against us" - I'm doubtful the victims would feel vindicated should a number of league wins be wiped from the history books - in fact, I'm sure that's the last thing on their minds.
Would sponsors,backers and money men back then still throw money at celtic if they knew then what they know now i very much doubt it

The horrendous child sex abuse and subsequent cover-up at Parkhead is about to be laid bare on national television

This could lead so sponsors deserting them like rats on a sinking ship as no respectable company wants to be associated or tarred with the big paedophile brush.

Next up, serious questions to be answered in Westminster and Holyrood as to why this paedophile ring were given carte blanche to run amok with young players as senior people within Celtic chose to look the other way.

I really hope that you are right.

Maybe so, but that's a wholly unprovable assertion - much the same way them claiming the likes of De Boer and Prso wouldn't have joined us had we not been in a position to match their wage demands through EBT is.

You see where I'm going with this don't you? Let criminal matters be dealt with through the courts, not through the fucking SFA and through the lens of football rivalry - because, ultimately, that's what it is.

Jeez, like others have said, players and sponsors wouldn't have been attracted to celtic if their managers/directors had made the authorities aware of what was going on. How many could have been saved from depravity if they did.

Rangers managers and directors didn't need to report legal Ebt's, nothing illegal was being commited. Others twisted the reasons and manipulated the scenario to suit their own agenda's.

Like you say, Court's first.

When CFC are clearly proven on-air to all and sundry (that don't already know!) that they covered up for multiple paedophile abusers, will there be the same clamour for retribution from other clubs (including our own btw ...) that there was when we were being accused of fiddling taxes ?

Whilst we were NEVER described in any Judgement as having indulged in illegal nor unlawful behaviour, CFC have a list as long as your two arms of convicted abusers, along with enablers and accomplices to child abuse.

Any other Club that had been through what we'd been through (with so much evidence pointing to CFC people themselves being behind much of it), would at least be asking if tax avoidance was worse than the concerted endangerment and abuse of children.
Along with the cold-blooded cover-ups from CFC management and board members that have ensued, not just for one or even two, but for many many cases, stretching over decades.

The lower league clubs may actually be onside with the prospect of CFC being put down the leagues and having to re-apply as Rangers did.
Unpleasant though it is, the money that would be available for them in all those league ties would be a second big bonus for them all, along with the fact that other clubs would initially shuffle upwards through the leagues.

We are always talking about parity.
If CFC walk away from this expose with merely a black mark against them, but no financial penalties nor punishement due to their immoral behaviour, it will be ourselves who are conceding that tax avoidance is worse than child abuse.

We should be on the front foot with this (but of course we won't be).
In fact, nevermind on the front foot -- we should be reprinting all those statements from all the other Scottish clubs about "integrity" and asking if money is more important than children.

If CFC walk away smirking, then the SFA and all the member clubs are condoning organised child abuse in their organisations, and "moral integrity" will mean nothing.

Listen, I more than most would like to see the cunts brought to justice, but us suggesting stripping their titles wouldn't hold any more weight than them suggesting ours should have been removed.

In what way did the systematic abuse of kids in any way aid them in winning the european cup?

Just take the financial situation. Celtic had a seemingly never ending supply of young players

They saved on having to buy players (we used the cheque book, bugged me at the time).

They sold young players and generated income.

So that's a double whammy.

If the truth had been told, the kids parents would have stopped the supply of talent.

So obviously Celtic had a financial advantage, gained at the expense of children's lives.

Scottish Football and Celtic in particular, set the standard in relation to Rangers and EBT's. Judicial Review, no right of appeal, and possible stripping of titles.

I mean they should be punished for the evil alone.

Celtic set the standard, now be judged on your own benchmark, Celtic. That's fair, level playing field, equality etc.

I really wish the title stripping thing didn't happen. I knew that this was a standard that was harsh. I don't even like it in relation to this case, but the low standard has been set.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it shouldn’t be down to channel 4 to investigate. Scottish Government and the Police should be investigating and holding public enquiries into this a long time ago. It’s a stain on Scotland as a society that this has continually been ignored, covered up. I don’t hold out much hope that the victims will receive any justice as I think the whole thing stinks and that too many public figures are complicit in their abdication of their responsibilities.
How the government can hold an enquiry and exclude religious and sporting organisations from it beggars belief and how the media fell into line with that decision is bewildering.

The whole thing stinks.

How or why are there still people out there that don't get this
Because for some, its all about evening out the score.

Not for me, this to me is something that seems to be a far bigger problem in society than I ever imagined.

Their problem is that they have tried to keep this quiet and dug themselves a bigger hole, almost impossible in this day and age. The similarities with the catholic church are there for all to see. In trying to keep their reputation intact, they've actually made it worse.

Believe it or not there are actually organisations in the world who actually want sex with children to be made legal. It's a huge problem. Too big for us trying to get one over them. If these things happened at Ibrox, I want my club to step forward and lead the way in putting this to rights. Chelsea and man city, rightly received praise for how they dealt with it.

I really hope that you are right.

I really can't see any way out of this for them.

The timing of this won't be lost on Thompsons either and I fully expect them to go for the jugular.

No idea who the Postman is that delivers to Parkhead, but I suspect he's going to be a busy boy with a sackful of writs heading up The Celtic Way, G40 3RE any day now.

Shit's just about to get real!

When CFC are clearly proven on-air to all and sundry (that don't already know!) that they covered up for multiple paedophile abusers, will there be the same clamour for retribution from other clubs (including our own btw ...) that there was when we were being accused of fiddling taxes ?

Whilst we were NEVER described in any Judgement as having indulged in illegal nor unlawful behaviour, CFC have a list as long as your two arms of convicted abusers, along with enablers and accomplices to child abuse.

Any other Club that had been through what we'd been through (with so much evidence pointing to CFC people themselves being behind much of it), would at least be asking if tax avoidance was worse than the concerted endangerment and abuse of children.
Along with the cold-blooded cover-ups from CFC management and board members that have ensued, not just for one or even two, but for many many cases, stretching over decades.

The lower league clubs may actually be onside with the prospect of CFC being put down the leagues and having to re-apply as Rangers did.
Unpleasant though it is, the money that would be available for them in all those league ties would be a second big bonus for them all, along with the fact that other clubs would initially shuffle upwards through the leagues.

We are always talking about parity.
If CFC walk away from this expose with merely a black mark against them, but no financial penalties nor punishement due to their immoral behaviour, it will be ourselves who are conceding that tax avoidance is worse than child abuse.

We should be on the front foot with this (but of course we won't be).
In fact, nevermind on the front foot -- we should be reprinting all those statements from all the other Scottish clubs about "integrity" and asking if money is more important than children.

If CFC walk away smirking, then the SFA and all the member clubs are condoning organised child abuse in their organisations, and "moral integrity" will mean nothing.

Brilliant post mate!

Whether some like it or not. This is also a footballing authority matter. Let the courts deal with the criminality. If any criminality is found, let the courts deal with it as some say and get closure and answers for the victims and their family's.

But lets be clear, there are two matter's here. And on the footballing side, Me and my Football Club were victim's when we were hung drawn and quartered over Ebt's.

This is a shitstorm, and whether like i say some like it or not. It's Victim's and family's first. Then celtic as a club should be held responsible by the football authorities for what they did, and didn't do.

I get the tit for tat angle, it was the shameful and unfounded line of attack they adopted against us, but that still doesn't make the suggested similar punishment for them the right one - you're looking for retribution by suggesting stripping of their titles.

Let's look for justice through the courts, not by some petty tit for tat war of attrition clouded in West of Scotland bias.
I know what you mean but it's look at the way they attacked us for ebts. Put it this way, will any journalists be battering Henrik Larssons door to ask if he would have signed for celtic if he'd know it was a haven for nonces. Sporting integrity and all that.

My uncle grew up with Peter and Paul Lawwell in Eastwood. He's certain Peter played for CBC from about 1973-76. The tims played for CBC, the prods for the BB.

If true, Peter has known for a very long time.

There’s only one alleged victim come forward regarding the Neely situation and has remained anonymous.

I reckon if they had anything on us we’d have heard it shouted from the rooftops already

I get the tit for tat angle, it was the shameful and unfounded line of attack they adopted against us, but that still doesn't make the suggested similar punishment for them the right one - you're looking for retribution by suggesting stripping of their titles.

Let's look for justice through the courts, not by some petty tit for tat war of attrition clouded in West of Scotland bias.

There is a precedent for child abuse in sport, Theresa.

Penn State.

This ^^^^

I think Thomson is in it for himself. His reputation and his ego.

Irish Republican sympathiser. Well aware of Rangers as an institution and focal point of the loyalist community from his time in Ulster.
Friendly with ill Phil, the hag, greenslade amongst other IRA sympathisers and Rangers haters and has trolled us constantly since 2012.

As I’ve said, beware.

Whether some like it or not. This is also a footballing authority matter. Let the courts deal with the criminality. If any criminality is found, let the courts deal with it as some say and get closure and answers for the victims and their family's.

But lets be clear, there are two matter's here. And on the footballing side, Me and my Football Club were victim's when we were hung drawn and quartered over Ebt's.

This is a shitstorm, and whether like i say some like it or not. It's Victim's and family's first. Then celtic as a club should be held responsible by the football authorities for what they did, and didn't do.
oh most certainly ,these animals and that rancid club need to be punished in footballing terms and its something that simply cannot be allowed to wither and die out,but first and foremost the most important point of all of this is justice and a sense of closure for the hundreds of families of the abused, the footballing sanctions cannot be allowed to cloud the desire for retribution for the hideous crimes that were allowed to fester at that place, once that has been done by all means we should go to town on the football authorities and their inaction in all of this ,and we should push for the most severe of sanctions available,but i repeat once more ,this is about the families the football side of things should be dealt with after these brave people get their justice

You could argue that by covering it up, it allowed them to keep bringing boys in, which in turn benefited the first team?

Bringing the game into disrepute on a global scale! Their so called legends went to great lengths to protect the club and the brand. Forget the victims, they mean nothing, protect the Celtic institution. A cataclysmic error by the kerrydale mafia, will be interesting how the so called football association deal with this abomination of rule breaking. Bring on the enquiries let the world see what a disgrace the Celtic family is to the footballing world. An embarrassment for Scotland, a disgrace for the treatment of hundreds of potential professional players.

This guy is English and probably does not care about either Old Firm team. He is an opportunist and will attack any institution given the ammo. The Scum should be scared.
Thomson did the foreword for ill Phil's book about Rangers, "downfall".

He knows plenty.

If the tramps could pick any mainstream UK journalist to give them a decent hearing on this issue, they'd pick this rubber faced cunt.

The titles won, were won on the park, the same way the titles they sought from us, were won on the park.

By all means punish them financially, or by other means, but to suggest stripping of football related accolades should not be the angle of attack.
Fu.king right it should be the angle of attack c.nts are still trying to get ours

This clown is friendly with Phil 3 names, Haggerty, CQN etc etc

Yet people genuinely think Celtic are in for a hard time?

Come on....

how do you know he is friendly with them? thats what reporters do , go get info from people doesnt mean they are friends

At the end of the day it shouldn’t be down to channel 4 to investigate. Scottish Government and the Police should be investigating and holding public enquiries into this a long time ago. It’s a stain on Scotland as a society that this has continually been ignored, covered up. I don’t hold out much hope that the victims will receive any justice as I think the whole thing stinks and that too many public figures are complicit in their abdication of their responsibilities.
How the government can hold an enquiry and exclude religious and sporting organisations from it beggars belief and how the media fell into line with that decision is bewildering.

The whole thing stinks.

I agree with a lot of that Mermaid.

Firstly, while I agree it SHOULDNT be down to a company outside of Scotland, it’s down to the scottish authorities unwillingness to stand up to that cult. This is very sad but also the reason that a group of people including those on here to be pushing all sorts of media, government etc outside of Scotland to get involved.

Secondly, I think my point above addresses why your last paragraph is true. The weakness and/or unwillingness of the people who should have dealt with this up here has created a vacuum into which Channel 4 and Dan Gordon are stepping.

And we as a group are glad because we trust them to stand up where others have walked away.

The whole thing stinks.
This is what i can't comprehend or come to terms with, why oh why has Strathclyde police or the newly formed police Scotland not been involved in this debacle

I agree with a lot of that Mermaid.

Firstly, while I agree it SHOULDNT be down to a company outside of Scotland, it’s down to the scottish authorities unwillingness to stand up to that cult. This is very sad but also the reason that a group of people including those on here to be pushing all sorts of media, government etc outside of Scotland to get involved.

Secondly, I think my point above addresses why your last paragraph is true. The weakness and/or unwillingness of the people who should have dealt with this up here has created a vacuum into which Channel 4 and Dan Gordon are stepping.

And we as a group are glad because we trust them to stand up where others have walked away.
I hope for the sake of the victims that they deliver an honest and challenging programme. One that puts pressure on the powers that be do deal with it properly. The only thing that matters is the victims and hopefully one day they get some sort of closure.
I don’t understand for the life of me why the government haven’t demanded answers or an enquiry.
Maybe I do understand but I don’t want to admit that people could condone these crimes by helping to cover them up.

I know what you mean but it's look at the way they attacked us for ebts. Put it this way, will any journalists be battering Henrik Larssons door to ask if he would have signed for celtic if he'd know it was a haven for nonces. Sporting integrity and all that.

I raised this years ago on these forums.

It's a simple question -- "If you had known that Celtic FC managers and Board members had covered up for child abusers over the years, including the very years that you signed for that club, would you have still signed for Celtic ?"

I honestly cannot see ANY major footballing star replying "Yes" to that.
If they did they'd be branded as a paedophilia supporter themselves.

It's a remarkably easy question to put to them, with the added caveat that if they do not respond to this question then it will be taken that by this diplomatic silence, they are mimicing Celtic's own silence and indeed effectively replying "Yes".

It's actually a quite devastating route to be gone down.

I hope for the sake of the victims that they deliver an honest and challenging programme. One that puts pressure on the powers that be do deal with it properly. The only thing that matters is the victims and hopefully one day they get some sort of closure.
I don’t understand for the life of me why the government haven’t demanded answers or an enquiry.
Maybe I do understand but I don’t want to admit that people could condone these crimes by helping to cover them up.

Agree mate.

I don't give a fu.ck what club paedophiles have been operating at because the simple fact is, beasts wherever they are should be brought to justice.

However, when you have one of the biggest football clubs in Scotland protecting and facilitating a paedophile ring for decades protected by our corrupt media and Scottish government it really sickens me to the pit of my stomach.
The work some of the fellas have done on here to try and get some form of justice for the victims and their families is truly outstanding and hopefully your efforts will bear fruits soon.
True justice will prevail against beasts wherever they are.

Will the investigation point out that one club allegedly knew about the child abuse, and then went out their way to pay hush money to the parents of the abused children, to protect the good name of that club?

Other clubs may have been negligent, but to my knowledge, none of them paid hush money and got the parents to sign documents that the child abuse would never be spoken about.

That is the really abhorrent action in all of the abuse accusations, why did the parents, or even the club not call the Police?

Sorry for laughing especially with the gravity of the subject but there is absolutely ZERO chance this even gets brought up in Holyrood.

Hell will freeze over first. The SNP are whooring themselves for the Roman Papist vote in Scotland and will in no way go after Paedo FC for this not a chance.

Back