Current state of the store at Ibrox as of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fit shops out every week. You would be surpised how quick it goes together with all trades on 12 hour shifts / weekends. August 6th is definitely achievable

Well this thread certainly didn’t go the way the OP expected. Perhaps leaving the construction observations to the pros might be an idea. ;)

I’m thinking most work will be done on the shopfront / signs and a quick spruce up inside , tbh that’s all that is required as we seem to have bigger plans for a new shop in the new building being planned. But this will never be enough for the Rangers fashionistas, they be on here greeting like the total fuds they are
I hope it’s more than a quick spruce up inside, they’ve gutted the place :)

Assume they havent finished yet, because what would be the point in investing tens of thousands into re branding the club with it's own bespoke font, yet the biggest most visible element 'Rangers FC' is still using the old style?

Well, of course they haven’t finished yet. What gave you the idea that it was? Please don’t tell me it’s because of the #Ready sign :))

Assume they havent finished yet, because what would be the point in investing tens of thousands into re branding the club with it's own bespoke font, yet the biggest most visible element 'Rangers FC' is still using the old style?
Has the Rangers FC on the Govan been updated yet? Have the badges on that been done yet either?

It was certainly around in the early to mid 90s. I remember it from when I was a kid and I was 3 when this was made. I'm not convinced they really are the ones to trust right enough.
Mid eighties I think mate, went in with a slow puncture on my mk5 Cortina and came out skint having bought 2 remoulds and a full exhaust.
Conning bastards were famous for that then.

Surely your not suggesting replacing the tiles on top of the the entrance to the main stand?

Would have been poor from us if we didn't look after the staff that have been in there before imo.
I am sure they were just generic Scum Direct lackeys, who would work there for the past 8 year associating themselves with Ashley. There were some good staff at the old Elite store in St Enoch who were genuine fans, I wonder if they've been snapped up

I am sure they were just generic Scum Direct lackeys, who would work there for the past 8 year associating themselves with Ashley. There were some good staff at the old Elite store in St Enoch who were genuine fans, I wonder if they've been snapped up

Castore will be operating the new store and they have a vastly different working culture to Sports Direct. So with the best will in the world, I'd have completely understood RFC/Castore bringing in completely new staff.

You're right about the staff at St. Enoch, a decent bunch.

Mate, not everyone working for SD is a villain.

Most of them will have little else in terms of options. We should look after them and the staff from elite

Mate, not everyone working for SD is a villain.

Most of them will have little else in terms of options. We should look after them and the staff from elite
He's got a tonne of shops around Glasgow and a high turnover of staff. I doubt anyone has lasted 8 months let alone 8 years. A Sports Direct employee doesn't become Castore or Rangers problem. Westminster has them sorted until October on furlough so I'm sure the weans won't be starving

They were SD employees mate.
The people who worked in it were previously Rangers employees, they transferred over because they didn't have much choice,some then went to work in the Gers store and hopefully they come back to work at the new store when it opens.

I knew the manager quite well in the megastore and he sadly passed away recently, he was a real nice guy who also worked for years in the megastore before the fatman took over, he transfered as well because it was either that or unemployed.

Yes you can class them as SD employees, but they have been around for years through all the tough times and stuck it out,they have bills to pay as well and kids to feed.

The people who worked in it were previously Rangers employees, they transferred over because they didn't have much choice,some then went to work in the Gers store and hopefully they come back to work at the new store when it opens.

I knew the manager quite well in the megastore and he sadly passed away recently, he was a real nice guy who also worked for years in the megastore before the fatman took over, he transfered as well because it was either that or unemployed.

Yes you can class them as SD employees, but they have been around for years through all the tough times and stuck it out,they have bills to pay as well and kids to feed.

Wasn’t aware that was the case mate.

That being brought to light I hope all those who were made to serve under that fat lady's front bottom and incur the wrath of fans who didn’t have the sense to realise they were just doing a job and earning a wage by working there, are given jobs in the new store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back