New Strips

Is that Castore logo and name not the rubberised stuck on stuff, doesn't look embroidered to me.
It is mate, I was talking about the follow follow on the neck. That’s embroidered, very poorly, even the bits not clearly messed up aren’t very good. To be fair, it’s about the worst fabric to embroider on, I think we’ll see more people complain about the main crest, even from the players pictures you can see it pulling in at the edges. I think it was the Bassey signing pictures I first noticed how bad it looked and even on the team pics on the website you can see pulling in slightly. Again to be fair, the shape of our crest doesn’t help that, you really want a solid block to avoid pulling in.

I have a spare Medium if anyone wants it? £50.
I have proof of purchase.

can collect Bonnybridge during the day or Grangemouth at night.
(Hope this is allowed).

not to patronize you, is it defos your door step etc? can you see your door?

i once sent an item to someone at his work - he had a metal shutter on the door - they had delivered it to a normal flat/house door that was black. the completely wrong house. some of the drivers are beyond useless and Hermes have %^*& all control or supervision of them

Once got a delivery via Hermes of two sacks of dog food which went missing. Supplier told me after it went to the wrong town!

Obviously some will have small defects but these shouldn’t have been dispatched

There’s obviously going to be the odd mistake or oversight in 50k orders

Pleased with the top, no design flaws, looks and feels good on.

I ordered a large and it's slightly tight, i can live with it though. Would be willing to swap for someones XL if it helps anyone out though.

Mine missing some letters in the first word under CASTORE, what are the supposed to be?

Last edited:
Jmk1NTPl.jpg

Mine missing some letters in the first word under CASTORE, what are the supposed to be?

Elite

Seems like a bit of a “mixed bag” product from Castore so far.

Doesn’t bode well for the strips handling the washing machines. It’s come as a surprise tbh as the Castore gear in general is fantastic.

It is mate, I was talking about the follow follow on the neck. That’s embroidered, very poorly, even the bits not clearly messed up aren’t very good. To be fair, it’s about the worst fabric to embroider on, I think we’ll see more people complain about the main crest, even from the players pictures you can see it pulling in at the edges. I think it was the Bassey signing pictures I first noticed how bad it looked and even on the team pics on the website you can see pulling in slightly. Again to be fair, the shape of our crest doesn’t help that, you really want a solid block to avoid pulling in.
When it pinches in like that is it because the material is stretched too tight ? Would imagine the collar would be hard to do given how narrow it is.

Because that's what happens in real life? It's impossible to avoid some degree of human error.

It happens with anything manufactured at scale which is why every single company on the planet has some sort of returns policy for faulty goods.
We will see if Liverpool have the same occurrence of publicised issues when their kit is released next week.

I expect same, seeing as its impossible to avoid some degree of human error.

Then again the manufacturer might have invented something called Quality Control.

We will see if Liverpool have the same occurrence of publicised issues when their kit is released next week.

Then again the manufacturer might have invented something called Quality Control.

Ok – report back when you've gone through all their forums and Twitter posts.

What planet do some folk live on where they think 10s or 100s of thousands of tops get shipped without a single issue with a single order :))

Quality control will definitely have been done, but to give you an idea, for a standard AQL of 2.5 which is the industry standard, only 500 pieces would be inspected from a 50k shipment and generally they allow 21 minor faults on a garment before it's a fail, but that can be a loose thread which is counted as 1 minor.

I used to work in this field and had to read and inspect product reports and honestly so much can and will slip through and it's to be expected. It's just so annoying as a consumer when you get it. The issues with the transfers not being complete etc are extremely common and the factory "should" remove these from the shipment, but again it happens if they are on penalties for short shipping.

Feel like I could go work for Castore and help, as I've been retail merch, buyer, worked in production side and now work in shipping and logistics for a retail company!

Last edited:
Plenty on social media saying the quality is poor, my own top appears to be fine but we shall see after the first wash

Someone posted it on twitter,Twitter, a photos hop but plenty of %^*& ups that are obviously not faked

Well, I can't comment on something I haven't seen. From what I have come across, it looks like a handful of issues so far at most (ignoring the ones that have been stolen or tampered with), but it's possible I've missed a lot of stuff.

Anyway, my point isn't that there are no defects with any of the orders – it's simply that to say there should be zero issues at all in tens of thousands of orders is totally idiotic and detached from the real world.

We'll find out properly over the next few days if the small number of issues that have appeared are in fact a small number or a part of a larger quality problem.

I reckon Castore are using two company's to produce their goods, they won't be producing their own range in the same numbers as Rangers kit and probaly a smaller company, It will be a bigger company producing our football range because of the vast amounts needed, seems a few items have slipped through the quality control which haven't been done correctly, take this up with Castore themselves directly and if possible enclose a picture of any flaws.

Posting pictures of tops with mistakes/flaws will only get the obsessed telling everyone how shite Castore are and spreading pictures claiming all the tops are like that and don't forget the media who just love a negative story about Rangers,best if you don't post pictures or remove any you have posted,just giving them ammunition or a "Castore have been approached for comment" story from the Rangers haters in the media.

Replace it instead of posting it on here for lurkers ffs

Whats with the ffs? I've removed it anyway but the quoters need to remove theirs.
Are we supposed to pretend this isn't happening just so some Tims on Twitter have nothing to write about and save your embarrassment.
As someone earlier said, there's going to be a select few from an order of thousands of shirts that have issued. I'm not that fussed to be honest. Mine is very minor compared to others.
My concern is more how the lettering will stand the test of time.

I only buy tops to collect them, don't really wear them. Maybe to a Euro Away but that’s it.

Probably just for the best because there is no way the Castore Text in their logo or the text inside the collar is surviving multiple washes.

Got mine delivered while I was at work today. Had ordered a small (my size in other Castore clothing) but also ordered a medium based on their recommendation.

I absolutely love the top and think the quality feels great, I am delighted with it.

I think I am happy with the small, it is obviously tighter than the medium. Will give medium to my dad.

Received mine today.

Very disappointed. 'T'' missing from Castore on the front and Follow Follow smudged around the neck.

Hopefully there isn't many others like this

Weird that the new member is the only one with a defect that isn't caused by a deliberate act of vandalism. Looks like a dodgy far east fake

When it pinches in like that is it because the material is stretched too tight ? Would imagine the collar would be hard to do given how narrow it is.

Basically that’s it, but could be too loose too. When a section gets embroidered it kind of gets stretched between a hoop to get the centre spot and right tightness. Pulling it too tight or too loose causes problems. Was my first thought looking at the collar, why didn’t they print that. It would be a right pain, because when stretching it through the hoop you need the embroidered bit in the middle, so there’s no tension above the collar and it’s easy to over compensate by pulling it too tight to get that tension.

Back