Problems logging into RTV

Managed to finally get logged in after 10+ attempts, why is everything so difficult with RTV?

I’ve always used my PlayStation to watch RTV before they introduced Chromecast. As has been pointed out the new app they don’t have Chromecast and the new Rangers tv site isn’t working on my PlayStation browser even though the old one worked fine most times.

Have had to make do with my smashed iPhone for the game, hopefully these issues are remedied going forward.

I tried to log on after 7 to make sure everything was working ok, app didn't work on my firestick and unable to log in using silk or Firefox browsers on the firestick, or any browser on my phone or laptop.

Checked my email and I had only received the email at 6.50 pm about the account changes.

Updated my details and was able to log in, but the video wouldn't start (black screen)

Eventually after logging out & back in (numerous times) clearing cookies, etc I was able to log in albeit I missed the first 30 mins.

Touch wood that's me sorted now for the rest of tonight, and I'll run more tests later before the weekend.

had to turn off the Android box as it was saying i didnt have the correct account, moved over to laptop and it got in first time, gotta love live beta testing.

Gone. Why did they mess about with the app, etc. It was great before
Absolutely ridiculous to mess about with it mid season imo especially this season with VST. They 've not emailed people far as I'm aware. Older people will struggle with it and can guarantee plenty of people will end up not seeing the game next Wednesday night.

Mine was fine with the last big change so cant really complain. When it worked it ran sweet as a nut, im confident the flaws will get ironed out. Same as last time.

Casting from an iPad to the TV has gone from my app. I know its early but at the moment the service has gone backwards.

Still you get to watch the game without Crocker, which is a massive plus

After more fannying around with RTV last couple of days than my patience threshold can stand, tonight was a pleasant surprise, not one bit of buffering. Internet playing up too, only getting 4mb download speeds. 3 hours today trying to fix log in probs with Nord, which came out of nowhere.

I had no problems logging in / new account etc. My own concern is that, living in California, I watch most games on delay. I'm worried that the single logon might automatically take me to a page that shows the score of that day's game. That's happened several times before (with previous iterations of RTV), and I had worked out how to avoid it.
Posted the above a couple of days ago.

Match has finished, I've just stopped work, so I've just logged in to my Rangers account.
Clicked "Rangers TV".
Took me to a page with Ryan Jack's recent interview at the top.
Scrolled down, to see a box saying "Hibernian Vs Rangers"- score NOT shown - good.
Bottom of that box linked to "5 videos".
Clicked that, and the page it took me to had, in big bold letters, the score.

I hope they fix this SOON.

I didn’t watch tonight (shit bag) however to an extent I feel vindicated about my experiences as with others not receiving RTV. Try contacting them that’s a joke, so far with our VST we‘ve seen half the games this Season. If Stuart Robertson gets any feedback from FF then Get RTV, The Finger Out To Give Us A Product Fit For Purpose especially with STs not far off for next Season.

... on Edge !?

Firestick worked perfect from 12:15, surprised at the early start :oops::cool:
Yeah mate, on MS Edge on Desktop. Unusual for me to have that sort of issue but, having been on tenterhooks all day wondering if it was actually going to work, it wasn’t a major frustration.

And yes, starting 30 minutes before kick-off was a bit earlier than normal for an away match that isn’t at the DhimDome.

All-in-all a decent evening that has me pretty relaxed now and just counting the days until it’s officially confirmed we are the champions.:))

Not sure if this has been covered in the thread already or not...

Anyway due to both my iPad & iPhone deciding to update about 15 minutes before kick off, I couldn’t use the app.

So on my MacBook I loaded up the RTV website & was very surprised to see that the “cast” option was actually there. By cast, I do mean cast & not airplay.

So it seems on the IOS app you can only AirPlay, but on the website you get both options.

The stream was fine for me but I wasn’t able to use AirPlay from IPad to Apple TV. Not disastrous as I just used HDMI cable from laptop but still annoying.

Most people manage it without any issues, so the problem can’t be exclusively RTV’s.

I’ve not had a single problem in years, I have 200Mb fibre broadband and one of the best VPNs on the market. Wasn’t my issue, it even says “something went wrong, let’s try that again” when it wouldn’t accept my login. I had been using app fine previous day

The stream was fine for me but I wasn’t able to use AirPlay from IPad to Apple TV. Not disastrous as I just used HDMI cable from laptop but still annoying.

Yeah I couldn’t cast to Apple TV either, just used the HDMI cable from my phone

I’ve not had a single problem in years, I have 200Mb fibre broadband and one of the best VPNs on the market. Wasn’t my issue, it even says “something went wrong, let’s try that again” when it wouldn’t accept my login. I had been using app fine previous day

Your broadband speed doesn’t particularly matter if you’re watching with a VPN. Your speed & latency will be affected. Glad you got it sorted in the end though.

Back