Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Since the review was released today we have noticed more journalists following the Spotlight account. We also know that they follow this thread. Please don’t sit back any longer. We can assist you with facts, and certain issues that haven’t been seen yet.
Surely with the amount of information made available by the Spotlight account, journalists will be jumping to get this story out. There are so many levels to this scandal involving government, MPs, and editorial departments in certain media outlets.

I hope these journalists who have started following the Spotlight account dig out the truth behind this , as that report put out yesterday was an insult to every survivor and person affected by this scandal. They deserve to know the truth.

One point regarding CFC and the “separate entity” claim

Pity not one member of the press asked Lieswell if CFC had ever pursued CBC for copyright breach of their badge, strip and using their association to lever and prosper as a separate boys club

I bet you CFC a over the years have issued lawyers letters warning other businesses and organisations not to use or mimic their CFC badge, etc

Pity not one member of the press asked Lieswell if CFC had ever pursued CBC for copyright breach of their badge, strip and using their association to lever and prosper as a separate boys club

I bet you CFC a over the years have issued lawyers letters warning other businesses and organisations not to use or mimic their CFC badge, etc
Or why did they pay them £25,000 i'm led to believe to change their name to St Pats?

No he was sacked when Souness was manager.
First let me say, as all of you do, I support a FULLY INDEPENDENT inquiry. Not the one that just came out. IF we did anything wrong, I want our club, like all other clubs, held accountable commensurate to their level of guilt both in the transgressions and any cover ups or continued enablement.

The fact that they say Neely was employed there in 2011 and that seems to be untrue is a huge red flag. I think I read that there were two other boys that came forward and said they were sexually abused by Neely while he was at Rangers? That's the first I've heard of that!

The one boy that was known about had something inappropriate said to him by Neely and was fired when it was brought to Rangers attention. Not any sexual abuse and no pulling down trousers. His father was a policeman, and they reported it to him and left it up to him to take it further. All of which is an acceptable response in my eyes, especially since he was fired and obviously marked as an abuser since he never worked again as a coach for children.

If any of the above is untrue, lets get the INDEPENDENT inquiry to uncover it. I don't believe much of a report in which there is obvious omissions and slanted conclusions/recommendations given to us by an organization that was involved in enabling and covering up this disgusting behavior for decades.

If Rangers have a price to pay, I'm very confident they will own up and pay that price. I'm also confident that our fans, me included, will disassociate with our beloved club should it come out that we had even a few years of enabling and covering up this abhorrent behavior. Much less 5 DECADES of it! Fncking scumbags the lot of them.

Agree Jacobite, the SMSM have done their perverting of so many parts of this to aid their masters.

Why did BBC say CBC when Celtic employees are the subject of criminal convictions ? And a civil case loss too ?

Why do they judge Rangers on Neely based upon no evidence we reported it, yet don’t take that same consistent tone with them ?

Disgraceful & bitter country.
I think we all knew what to expect Grigo but the tone of it all has been worse than anything I, in any case, expected. It seems impossible to be able to get any realistic perspective on this report. The scum have it all tied up in Scotland, it would seem.

There never was a "seperate entity" !!

The term was a figment of Peter Lawwells over active imagination to distance themselves from CBC

BN94 ..GY and Spotlight have all posted damning evidence which totally contradicts and totally pooh poohs any notion that CFC/CBC were seperate organisations.

I heard it was on their news UJ, but I didn’t hear exactly what they said.

They then started to discuss it on the SSB programme, but they brought the news guy McLean on & it was nothing unusual.

The big thing for me was them now being willing to talk about it mate, now that Rangers are a part of it.

I turned it off. Sick of them.
I sympathise with you there Grigo , the one club that has been covering it all up for over 50 years has now through ignoring the victims all those years now managed to take the bad look off themselves by managing to get other clubs blamed as well including us and making us all look as bad as them . :mad:

First let me say, as all of you do, I support a FULLY INDEPENDENT inquiry. Not the one that just came out. IF we did anything wrong, I want our club, like all other clubs, held accountable commensurate to their level of guilt both in the transgressions and any cover ups or continued enablement.

The fact that they say Neely was employed there in 2011 and that seems to be untrue is a huge red flag. I think I read that there were two other boys that came forward and said they were sexually abused by Neely while he was at Rangers? That's the first I've heard of that!

The one boy that was known about had something inappropriate said to him by Neely and was fired when it was brought to Rangers attention. Not any sexual abuse and no pulling down trousers. His father was a policeman, and they reported it to him and left it up to him to take it further. All of which is an acceptable response in my eyes, especially since he was fired and obviously marked as an abuser since he never worked again as a coach for children.

If any of the above is untrue, lets get the INDEPENDENT inquiry to uncover it. I don't believe much of a report in which there is obvious omissions and slanted conclusions/recommendations given to us by an organization that was involved in enabling and covering up this disgusting behavior for decades.

If Rangers have a price to pay, I'm very confident they will own up and pay that price. I'm also confident that our fans, me included, will disassociate with our beloved club should it come out that we had even a few years of enabling and covering up this abhorrent behavior. Much less 5 DECADES of it! Fncking scumbags the lot of them.
Henry should never have been anywhere near this enquiry!!

If Range
I think we all knew what to expect Grigo but the tone of it all has been worse than anything I, in any case, expected. It seems impossible to be able to get any realistic perspective on this report. The scum have it all tied up in Scotland, it would seem.

Two things stick out.

If Rangers phoned the police regarding Neely, then you would imagine that the main question from the police would be ‘does the father wish to press charges?’. It is clear the father did not wish to take the matter further, otherwise charges would have been made. From our POV, our only course of action was to sack him, which we did.

Secondly, do the police still hold records of every phone call from 30 years ago? At the time of paper records? I very seriously doubt it. For the press to speculate that there is no record of a call is ridiculous, unless they can confirm that the police DO hold records of every phone call from 30 years ago.

The Tims just can’t handle the fact we dealt with our sole perpetrator 100% correctly. If only Hibs had told us at the time, the fact they let him come to us is disgraceful, and they should be held accountable for what happened after he came to us.

I sympathise with you there Grigo , the one club that has been covering it all up for over 50 years has now through ignoring the victims all those years now managed to take the bad look off themselves by managing to get other clubs blamed as well including us and making us all look as bad as them . :mad:

Alex, I’m sure you’re like me & the vast majority of our fans that predicted this.

It’s a propaganda tactic Celtic have used since 1888.

Christ, when RC talk about it on their show, that tells you their cult are happy with the outcome.

If Range

Two things stick out.

If Rangers phoned the police regarding Neely, then you would imagine that the main question from the police would be ‘does the father wish to press charges?’. It is clear the father did not wish to take the matter further, otherwise charges would have been made. From our POV, our only course of action was to sack him, which we did.

Secondly, do the police still hold records of every phone call from 30 years ago? At the time of paper records? I very seriously doubt it. For the press to speculate that there is no record of a call is ridiculous, unless they can confirm that the police DO hold records of every phone call from 30 years ago.

The Tims just can’t handle the fact we dealt with our sole perpetrator 100% correctly. If only Hibs had told us at the time, the fact they let him come to us is disgraceful, and they should be held accountable for what happened after he came to us.
Very valid points indeed, Snakehips.

Regarding Neely and reporting it to the police - was it that boy's father who was allegedly a policeman? I vaguely remember something like that being mentioned on here.
The alleged victim is in the Sun saying it was never reported to police.
If true, the club should apologise.

Re the Sun, they have worded their article to make it sound like Neely abused multiple boys at Rangers and raped a 10 year old, when in fact it clearly happened elsewhere. They are utter scum.

Re the Sun, they have worded their article to make it sound like Neely abused multiple boys at Rangers and raped a 10 year old, when in fact it clearly happened elsewhere. They are utter scum.

What was the Sun journalists name Archie ? They have a real Rangers hater aboard.

Admittedly I have just moved here from sue happy USA but is there not any recourse Rangers can take as far as litigation if this is the case?? Surely you can't be limited to repeatedly asking for retractions and apologies only to have them print them on page 10 in small print??

All questions could be answered at a full and independent public inquiry, but Holyrood will never allow this to happen, and we know why. The media have been deiberately muddying the waters regarding CBC and Celtc, never mind including other clubs to ensure a shared-blame mindset in the public consciousness.

Never heard of him before, but the article is a disgrace

Blair joined the Scottish Sun online team in April 2018, initially as a casual reporter before landing a permanent job as Online News Journalist in November 2019. He has a First Class degree in Sports Journalism from the University of the West Of Scotland. Prior to joining us he cut his teeth at the agency Deadline News

:)) :)) :))

Is the insinuation that the club should have overridden the wishes of the parents ?

Is the insinuation that the club should have overridden the wishes of the parents ?
That's not the crux of the article.

It gives details of Neely's other sordid crimes, but they are interspersed with details about his time at Rangers and pictures of the gates at Ibrox, and says the incident at Rangers was clearly taken to 2 senior managers (Souness and Smith presumably).
It then goes on to say that there was only 'suspected' knowledge of abuse at Celtic.

Admittedly I have just moved here from sue happy USA but is there not any recourse Rangers can take as far as litigation if this is the case?? Surely you can't be limited to repeatedly asking for retractions and apologies only to have them print them on page 10 in small print??
They know the truth,they know what they print,apologies are no good,they name Rangers to try and implicate them somehow to the abuse that's gone on at the house of horrors for decades to try and attempt to make it alright (you done it as well,blah blah blah) .This has been one of their tactics for years.This will eventually bite them on the arse but make no mistake these sleekit bastards know exactly what they're printing.

They know the truth,they know what they print,apologies are no good,they name Rangers to try and implicate them somehow to the abuse that's gone on at the house of horrors for decades to try and attempt to make it alright (you done it as well,blah blah blah) .This has been one of their tactics for years.This will eventually bite them on the arse but make no mistake these sleekit bastards know exactly what they're printing.
I agree. Are there no libel and defamation laws in the UK?

And that damn annoying seperate entity also used CFC badges on their strips, and had CR Smith, CFC sponsors, on others.

This Celtic Boys Club (separate entity) should have been taken to court annually by Celtic FC for misuse of a badge, crest and sponsorship deal that had nothing to do with them.

It gives details of Neely's other sordid crimes, but they are interspersed with details about his time at Rangers and pictures of the gates at Ibrox, and says the incident at Rangers was clearly taken to 2 senior managers (Souness and Smith presumably).
It then goes on to say that there was only 'suspected' knowledge of abuse at Celtic.

How can they get away with this given the number of Celtic employees (FC and BC) who have actually been convicted.

But if the club told the parent - a cop - should they have told the police independently ?

I agree we could have handled it better but we claim we reported it to the police and the police say they have no record of that. Who's to say that Rangers are wrong in this and the police are right? It could quite easily be Rangers who are telling the truth here.

It certainly cannot be compared to more than a hundred kids being assaulted over many years and the resulting deflection and cover-up. Hard as they try they cannot realistically say one is as bad as the other.
Who at Rangers claimed we reported it?
It was a stupid claim to make if indeed it did not happen.
It's far fetched to imagine that police would not have details logged of a complaint of sexual assault on a child.

You have to wonder exactly how long this has been going on?

Are there abuse cases pre dating the formation of CBC?

Given the fact the stench and influence of the Roman sect which dates back to noncecos very formation and their priests penchant for boys?

Hard to prove, unless you have victims in their 80s willing to come forward

However, putting religion aside, you have to wonder why a young man with no football management experience was able to set up Boys Club in conjunction with one of the largest clubs?

If Torbett set up a boys football club for the purpose of taking advantage and abusing boys (which itself is bad enough) then surely it would be easier to set up a local community club in Hamilton or East Kilbride or wherever. Unless...

1. There were previous abusers at Celtic FC that Torbett knew of, and he worked in conjunction with.

2. He was given permission to set up under Celtic FC name, structure, brand and logo.

3. His "ring of associates" (for want of a better phrase) knew that the promise and lure of playing for Celtic put them in a position of power more than a small community football team ever could.

Torbett didn't just roll out of bed one day and say "I am going to set up a boys football team and steal Celtic's identity without agreement".

This looks to have been a well thought, sinister and disgusting plan... with others unknown involved.

Global press and media coverage will imho, destroy the manky mob, we may well get 100 lines or 3 of the belt from the heedie, Just hope the USA, OZ, CANADIAN press are taking BIG interest NOW.

Agree Jacobite, the SMSM have done their perverting of so many parts of this to aid their masters.

Why did BBC say CBC when Celtic employees are the subject of criminal convictions ? And a civil case loss too ?

Why do they judge Rangers on Neely based upon no evidence we reported it, yet don’t take that same consistent tone with them ?

Disgraceful & bitter country.
Youve answered your own question.

It disgusts me that Journalists, who are also parents, will tip toe around the main culprits in all of this.
Why?

Is this him

Creepy coward sleaze “Blair Meikle” is a failed sports journalist and a warped weirdo liar. This is why the toilet-paper newspaper “The Scottish Sun” employed him, more about those scumbags later. Sleazy reporter Meikle will be sued for defamation as he even published charges Ahmed was found not guilty of after his trial finished! You stupid little man Blair, do your homework you failed hack

Celtic welcomes the publication of the Final Report following the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football. The Club recognises the courage of all those who came forward and contributed to this review.

The abuse of young people is an abhorrent crime, which has unfortunately affected many organisations within Scottish football, indeed Scottish society as a whole.

The Club has publicly expressed its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow to all those affected across Scottish football including at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys’ Club, something which the Independent Review acknowledged and welcomed. Today we reiterate this apology.

Since the publication of the Interim Report, Celtic has been working with the Scottish FA and Scottish football as a whole to review those recommendations and to strive to make Scottish football a safer place for our young people. The Club remains fully committed to continuing to prioritise welfare and safeguarding protections for our young people, including working with the Scottish FA in respect of the Recommendations in this Report.

That paragraph - why ?

Celtic welcomes the publication of the Final Report following the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football. The Club recognises the courage of all those who came forward and contributed to this review.

The abuse of young people is an abhorrent crime, which has unfortunately affected many organisations within Scottish football, indeed Scottish society as a whole.

The Club has publicly expressed its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow to all those affected across Scottish football including at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys’ Club, something which the Independent Review acknowledged and welcomed. Today we reiterate this apology.

Since the publication of the Interim Report, Celtic has been working with the Scottish FA and Scottish football as a whole to review those recommendations and to strive to make Scottish football a safer place for our young people. The Club remains fully committed to continuing to prioritise welfare and safeguarding protections for our young people, including working with the Scottish FA in respect of the Recommendations in this Report.

That paragraph - why ?
An apology usually entails the word sorry

Back