Match Thread ** Ross County v Rangers - 14:00 Sun 28th - Sky Sports **

First half brilliant. Second half County came right back into it, but it's the sort of match that we would have drawn a couple of months back. I thought Murphy was excellent. Great to see Cummings get off the mark so early into his Rangers career. No way was that ever a penalty. I don't think the Bates one was either. ball to hand. Hey ho ;-)

%^*& it, we won and bossed the first half. So we weren't great second half but it was away and we got the points.
I'm baffled by Windass's constant inclusion - he was shite for the first half of the season then had a few decent games and seems now to be undroppable even though we have plenty of midfielders.
Overall, I'm very happy with Murty and the way things are going. Seeing Cummings going off the pitch with a grin and his arm around Candeias was a good indicator of the spirit in the team now. We're not perfect yet but things are much better than they were under Pedro.

Relieved to get the three points but we shouldn't have to hang on against the bottom of the league. Murty should have freshened things up earlier than he did. He brought too many sun=bs on in too short a period I thought. Cummings should have been brought on after 10 minutes of the second half as it was obvious we had lost momentum and rhythm.

A game of two halves.

Good first half, should have scored at least 3.

Terrible 2nd half, brutal tbh.

Too many average performances. Still, three points, job done and good to see Cummings off the mark.

Dreadful second half. Should’ve been out of sight. We spent most of that game with a 1 goal lead coming from a goalkeeper mistake.

Recognising weaknesses and making changes around the 60/70 minute mark is fundamental and basic for any pro manager.

The amount of waste by Windass cannot go unnoticed. Popping up with a goal now and again papers over the cracks.

Delighted with the 3 points, but how close that could’ve been to a disaster cannot go unnoticed.

Very comfortable in this first half but let them make more of a game in the second although they never looked like scoring through open play.

Morelos needs a partner up front, I'd drop windass and move morelos back there and have Cummings up front on wed.

Good 3 points, back up to second in the league. We'd probably have dropped points earlier in the season. We do need to start scoring sooner though and taking the pressure off ourselves.

Concerning how long it took the manager to make changes, we started to drop off the pace early on in the second half. How Windass stayed on is a mystery, I think we would get much more out of Cummings in that position just behind Melos.

Morelos all round play today was dog shit. He’s had a decent season so far but needs to get his head together.

Good win. Conditiions didn't look great throughout and we toiled to close the game out. A lot of our ground passes seemed to fall short which I we generous and put down to the heavy rain.

Really pleased for Cummings. A great early goal, hopefully more to come.

The ref just summed up Scottish Football. We could have ended dropping 2 points due to his evening up of things. Tosser.

Our failure to kill off teams is why we aren't clear of Aberdeen, Also, I think Cardoso is a far better option than Bates, big man looks a disaster waitingvto happen

We could quite easily have conceded one earlier so I'll take that.

Better to get a penalty against you when 2 up than 1 up.

Today's poor second half was nothing to do with the referee.

The first one wasn’t a penalty either it’s not deliberate and he doesn’t move his hand to the ball no matter what Walker said and his hand was not in an unnatural position.

Yes we were poor 2nd half but does that pen get given against anyone else?

Good hard fought win .

Emarrasingly I had Gers to win and more than 2.5 goals in the match so mixed feelings at their penalty.:oops:

Can’t say I’ve seen much progression on how we play the lesser teams. Ross county are as bad as it gets yet we made that an absolute slog. Glad of the win but it easily could have been one all at one point because the one not given was a penalty. Murty needs to read a game quicker and make tactical changes. It’s a huge Achilles heel.

Well timed subs by Murty :)
Candieas and Murphy put a power of work in today and I thought Bates was solid. Well done the Bears.

We could quite easily have conceded one earlier so I'll take that.

Better to get a penalty against you when 2 up than 1 up.

Today's poor second half was nothing to do with the referee.

You can’t just invent a penalty out of nothing just because you think you may have got another decision wrong.

Totally agree with that.

A bit too soft in the middle today and not closing down in 2nd half, almost lazy in the 2nd half.
Windass and Morelos very poor today and Candieas tailed off badly.
Murphy, Goss and Cummings the main plus points.

Still think we need a dominant Centre Half before window closes.
I would consider stop playing two wide players as it allows our midfield to fall out the game.

Spot on Jaws. If we play 2 wingers they better influence the game like they did in the first half. in the second they almost become passengers and with Windass doing his all too often disappearing act we fall out of the game completely. Docherty gives us the option to stiffen up the middle of the park which we should use more often away from home.

Absolutely over the moon, was way more nervous for this game than the sheep. Brilliant week from Murty and the team.

Utter dogshit from Rangers today and we got away with it. 88 minutes and 2 goals up and we nearly blew it.
Jesus you’re negative. Started the day worried about dropping points and ended making up stories of us almost blowing it.

After the penalty, they had 3 or 4 big punts up the park that we handled easily. I’m not sure Wes touched the ball in injury time.

Not a great performance, but don’t make shit up.

3 points away from home not pretty,not easy on the eye, one or two players need to do better shall we say.

Feed the dog and he will cum! :D Thank %^*& he did or we'd have dropped points again today.

Terrible 2nd half performance, hopefully a reality check for the posters on pages one and two predicting 5 and 6 nil (aye, 6-0). The signings have been good, and they're an improvement on what we had, but they aren't Pedro Mendes, Carlos Cuellar, Jelavic level, and accordingly they won't improve us to the same degree. If Murty manages the resources he has now accordingly (not a given) then I'm confident we will finish 2nd this season, but don't expect it to be a stroll.

We go again against Fraserburgh. Would like to see a few changes before Hibs.

Happy with the 3 points.

We need to start taking our chances though, we had a few breakaways where we had men over & chose the wrong option. Wasteful.

We have a tremendous work rate now, Murph & Candeias will run all day.

A lot closer than it should have been, poor in the second half don’t get the criticism of the manager regarding the subs.

Back