MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Beat by experience at this level. Across both the legs, the refs have bought everything they’re selling. They’re a good side and we’ve been poor, but this is a disappointing way to go out.

His positioning was shocking for that free kick.

He sold the first goal too. I love McGregor, genuinely, but on the level of Andy Goram? Yeah gimme a break, Goram didn’t give up cheap goals like tonight and he certainly didn’t do it 2 or 3 times a season.

It’s been another great Europe experience this season , such a pity it’s ended this way but we can still be proud of what we’ve done

He got himself sent off with a heavy touch and a stupid challenge
He shouldn't have been on the pitch anymore by the time he got sent off.

Gerrard's tactics and inability to change it cost us as much as the slack performance by the team.

FFS!

As folk have said they are masters of the dark arts, but they are also a very good team, Champions League level. Happy to take a few yellow cards knowing they can replace them like for like.

I do think they have maybe another gear to their game if required. A few years of Champions League money and we can be up there with these teams.
And we shouldn’t feel bad about it

Slavic are a decent side, and they may even get to the semis as they’re well drilled, decent on the ball and cute in the tackle; the amount of screaming you’d have thought someone had ripped their ligaments.

Can’t help but feel we lost this tie rather than they won it by being so much better than us. All the more disappointing probably because we haven’t had many performances like this this season.

Warning signs have been there across previous games against antwerp and the first leg. We get away with mistakes against the poorer opposition but they've taken advantage. When we look back on this run as a whole then we can be hugely proud of what we've managed, there's no shame in losing to Slavia but the biggest regret is that we've not shown the best of ourselves in this tie.

We are playing against a good outfit here, we have made it easy for them by playing shit, but never the less these guys are just better than us, bad enough playing them with 11, we've been dominated all over the park. Good luck to them in the next round.

Both reds were correct. I think at this stage of tournament we need our big players to be on it and tonight they weren't. Lets learn from it regroup and go again Sunday

No, not targeting the young keeper.

Barasic corners and free kicks have went to their keeper all night

Outclassed all over the pitch. Not good enough from the manager, who sat on his hands all night. Not good enough all over the pitch.

Balogun is an enormous downgrade on Helander. We need a vastly superior backup centre half next season and to spend some money in a couple of positions if we’re going to qualify for the Champions League.
Christ only a few weeks ago balogun was the bees knees. One bad game and he isn’t good enough. Thankfully you are not the manager

He does have good qualities, but you have to say Roofe’s been a poor signing overall so far- between injuries and suspensions.

We've been poor tonight.
Up front we don't attack any balls put into the box. Waiting for it and never getting it is the story of the night. Patterson's effort is the only shot I can recall we've had from inside the box.
Getting two guys sent off is the best way to make a job impossible.
Really disappointed we can't give them a better game than this.

Some questioned, why Balogun played infront of our international class defender Helander.

some rambling replies about “pace”.

oh well, we have to rouse ourselves for Sunday at Torbett Towers.

But we reaped what we sewed tonight. And we got what we deserved.

artworks-xwAV4jyzrWwmvEpX-P8Ovnw-t500x500.jpg

I despise this bunch of scum. The whole 2 legs they have been diving all over the place and the referee has let them away with bad and consistent fouls.

Roofe went for the ball and in the end the keeper got the rough end of it. That should only ever be a yellow.
My blood pressure must be through the roof and surprised my downstairs neighbours aren’t up complaining. I’m raging at the blatant cheating they have been getting away with both legs utter scum of a team.
I agree completely it’s a dangerous job being a GK and he was second to the ball and runs into roofes leg, nothing roofe can do so yellow at worst for me

Last edited:
Back