Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to anyone who tunes in to this nedfest weekly but I honestly couldn't give these idiots the time of day given some of the absolute drivel and lies that's been allowed to pass on their show.

Ferry sat there pissing himself whilst Ian Black spoke a lot of shite about "that wee boy that took ma place" at Rangers only getting a game because his aunty was Stuart McCall's hairdresser.

"No chance, you are at it"
"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

I doubt many people would believe a man pushing to get a team promoted would pick a player using that logic. Ferry would have been laughing knowing it would get the show publicity, which it did.

Fair play to anyone who tunes in to this nedfest weekly but I honestly couldn't give these idiots the time of day given some of the absolute drivel and lies that's been allowed to pass on their show.

Ferry sat there pissing himself whilst Ian Black spoke a lot of shite about "that wee boy that took ma place" at Rangers only getting a game because his aunty was Stuart McCall's hairdresser.

"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

I don't think people take it that seriously.

Football daft podcast is more balanced, if anything sides more towards us with grado and Stephen purdon hosting and most of the callers. Toal the other host isn't bad for a mentally challenged either.

Obviously none of them are ex players or that but that's not something that open goal seems to use to their advantage

Football daft podcast is more balanced, if anything sides more towards us with grado and Stephen purdon hosting and most of the callers. Toal the other host isn't bad for a mentally challenged either.

Obviously none of them are ex players or that but that's not something that open goal seems to use to their advantage
That Toal is nothing but a wee bigoted mutant hobbit!
His previous social media posts about Rangers and their fans is disgusting.

He's better now that he's been put back in is box. I assure you, when things were going better for them, he was a bigoted piece of shit.

He's a fully paid up member of the Sevco society and doesn't miss a chance. If you can stand it, listen to him when there's a mentally challenged on the program. He's a nightmare.

He's better now that he's been put back in is box. I assure you, when things were going better for them, he was a bigoted piece of shit.

He's a fully paid up member of the Sevco society and doesn't miss a chance. If you can stand it, listen to him when there's a mentally challenged on the program. He's a nightmare.
I tried to watch it and lasted two minutes. Genuinely couldn’t look at his wee turnip head any longer - he’s roasting!

I’m not entirely sure of the contents of his posts but I don’t believe it to be right to judge someone off their tweets from years ago. People make mistakes & learn. This isn’t intended to come across as a dig at you btw mate.

Good interview with Marvin Bartley. Time with the Italian owner at Leyton Orient sounds mad.
Was a good listen. You can tell that Hibs squad hated lennon by the end.

Loved the story of the St Mirren assistant telling Gary Parker “you look like you could go a wash” and it kicking off. B-D

Had a look who was at St Mirren at the time and it was Jack Ross with James Fowler as his assistant. Well played Mr. Fowler.

"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

All that clip proves is that Ian Black's speaking sh!te talent far outweighs his football talent. To be fair to Ferry, I think he is laughing at Black. Nobody in their right mind would believe what that imposter is saying.

The interviews are ok (depending on who it is), but the show is poor.

Marvin was a good listen

interesting how highly he rates McCrorie
Towards the end of the interview with Marvin Bartley (around 1:49:30) he says that McCrorie is "class" agrees that he has a future at Rangers and adds that he is the "best professional for a young boy that I have met, does everything right" and calls him the "ultimate professional"

High praise.

Not seen it for the past couple of weeks but tonight’s was good. Conversation was far better with Slane not there. All 3 kept going off in crazy tangents but the stories were good

Have to agree 100% better without Slaney. Listened to Marvins interview and he came across as a decent fellow.
Last nights was the best in ages, without Slane acting the dafty.

Slaney reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Bart becomes the "I didn't do it" kid. Pretty funny at first, but quickly becomes tiresome to the point he is actually dislikable.

His wee "bit" where he frets to Si about how he's messed up a question is awful. He really needs to stop brute forcing that.

I only listen to KTBOTG. Patched the Thursday episode with McAvennie, unwatchable.

They should swap Derek Ferguson with Slaney, Derek on KTBOTG and Slaney on the coupon show.

Bartley one was really good, can see him doing well for himself in the coaching game.

First KTBOTG I’ve enjoyed for a while now, lot of good storys and despite me actually liking Slaney, coincidence it was better when he wasn’t there?

Enjoyed the one with Bartley, very good. But could hear the desperation from Ferry and Alan's to big up Eddie Howe.

Only 20 mins in, but big Marvin is one of the best I’ve listened to.

Not sure he intends to be funny, but he’s brilliant.
it got too much of a "What is Eddie Howe really like? Would he be good for ra Sellick" conversation - and I gave up with it.

That Slainey is a pain in the backside.

Looking forward to the rest of Marvin
it got too much of a "What is Eddie Howe really like? Would he be good for ra Sellick" conversation - and I gave up with it.

Should have stuck with it.

He’s a funny guy. Tells his stories well.

Best episode in a while! Great mix between past stories, preview of the weekends game & humour.
Really don’t understand people’s constant moaning about the show. It’s not perfect but it’s a group of guys who are inexperienced in the media, making a go of bringing a bit of interest in the Scottish game. It’s 100% got me thinking more about other teams and players within the league & gives me a good laugh listening to it during work every Tuesday, no complaints here.

it would be pretty daft if they weren’t to ask the question don’t you think? Do you not think they’d ask if he would be suited for the Rangers job if he was linked with us? Or any other team for that matter.

The Bartley ep was great

Kevin Kyle much more bearable when Slaney isn’t there. Interesting to hear that he was about to sign a new bumper contract at Sunderland on about 12-15k a week and got injured and never seen the contract.

Good story from Halliday about Frank Lampard giving him his shirt at a Chelsea game and him confirming his family are all Rangers fans.

Bartley was really good despite the attempted Howe love fest. Really good to hear his comments on McCrorie.

Im in the minority but I actually find Slane bearable on the interview shows, Bartley and Consodine being the most recent, I think he’s calmed right down. On the main show though, he’s an absolute nightmare.

I can’t watch the coupon show anymore, macavevenie is too much to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back