Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure I’ve seen clips with moon howling sevcoites on that podcast.

The speccy wee guy ( Kevin I think )and the Terry Nutkns one have had a go at 5heir board for letting Rangers away with 2012 :rolleyes:.

The one hat does the bookings for Tut’s has said we’ve won one League title.

Re Rangers; Haggerty appears pretty fair.

Last edited:
I'm uneasy about the tidal wave of opinion on here that Ange is a dud. I certainly hope he is but how can people be so sure he will be a disaster?

He may not be a dud. But a manager with a "4-4 draw is great, Plan B is just Plan A better" doesn't suit our league for either OF team.

And he's not walking into a team of confident winners.

I'm uneasy about the tidal wave of opinion on here that Ange is a dud. I certainly hope he is but how can people be so sure he will be a disaster?
Because at 55 he has not managed at any real level at all. If he was so good he would have been noticed by a European club long before now.

He also quit his biggest job as Australian manager citing pressure………..the west of Scotland will be an absolute culture shock to him.

We just had an invincible season and Gerard got criticised for about 3 days after a 0-0 draw with Livingston

The plan is if Ange brings them success all good if not they sack him to appease the hoards and then bring Clarke in who knows Scottish football etc and is Celtic minded. Scotland will be out of the Euros by then and once again the hoards are satisfied.

Peters last devious strategy planning before heading off in to the Sunset with the millions he has extracted from them. ( Ripping the piss out of them again )

The plan is if Ange brings them success all good if not they sack him to appease the hoards and then bring Clarke in who knows Scottish football etc and is Celtic minded. Scotland will be out of the Euros by then and once again the hoards are satisfied.

Peters last devious strategy planning before heading off in to the Sunset with the millions he has extracted from them. ( Ripping the piss out of them again )

if this was the case would they not just save themselves millions and appoint kennedy while making it known they want Clarke after the euros??

This.
I’m cautious and risk averse by nature. Very much a ‘let’s keep our powder dry and wait & see’ person, but everything I’m reading about this guy makes it seem like he’s going to be a catastrophe for them.

What a fucking time to be alive!
Of course we should try and be objective and not jump to conclusions.

But at the end of the day we all have opinions about sport. We shouldn’t give valid opinions about the daunting task facing Celtic’s new manager in case we are wrong? If we approached everything in life like that we’d never give an opinion on anything.

The guys who didnt enjoy last season until about May, they didn’t have a better time than I and plenty others did on here rubbing Scottish footballs nose in it from Nov.

The manager has no experience of European football, never mind Scottish.
He has never coached at a high level (Aussie national team is not a high level).
The club he is joining are in their worst state in decades.
They have no DoF
They have a new CEO with experience in rugby only
They have no decent keeper
No right back
No competent left back
Only one (youth) CB from last year’s squad is expected to be there next season
Their best Cb is leaving and they will get less money than it takes to replace him
Ditto their star striker, top scorer and talisman
They have 4 or 5 loanees who returned to their parent clubs
Only one of last seasons forwards is likely to be around (Ajeti)
One of their few other top European quality players, Elynoussi, has left
The captain has left
The clubs finances are a mess because of COVID
Last years accounts showed a 25 mil loss, but for a 25mil player sale
They have no assets worth that this year and COVID plus reduced on field success means that hole is likely to be 30mil plus before player transfers this time
The manager doesn’t have the profile to attract high profile talent above and beyond their means (as Gerrard for example can)

We’re not exactly being unreasonable or wearing blue tinted specs by looking at that and saying “my objective analysis is that the greatest manager in football history would struggle under those circumstances”

But at the end of the day we all have opinions about sport. We shouldn’t give valid opinions about the daunting task facing Celtic’s new manager in case we are wrong? If we approached everything in life like that we’d never give an opinion on anything.

The guys who didnt enjoy last season until about May, they didn’t have a better time than I and plenty others did on here rubbing Scottish footballs nose in it from Nov.

He has never coached at a high level (Aussie national team is not a high level).
They have no DoF
No right back
No competent left back
Their best Cb is leaving and they will get less money than it takes to replace him
The captain has left
They have no assets worth that this year and COVID plus reduced on field success means that hole is likely to be 30mil plus before player transfers this time
The manager doesn’t have the profile to attract high profile talent above and beyond their means (as Gerrard for example can)

We’re not exactly being unreasonable or wearing blue tinted specs by looking at that and saying “my objective analysis is that the greatest manager in football history would struggle under those circumstances”
Belter

They have no DoF
No right back
No competent left back
The captain has left

other than that though.

He may not be a compete disaster for them but we've got an ambitious young manager striving to be the best so I'm pretty confident we'll still be ahead of them. Even if it's just by a few points at the end of the season thats enough. Got a funny feeling it'll be a lot more though and I'll take a record score (in brackets) against them as a greedy bonus.

if this was the case would they not just save themselves millions and appoint kennedy while making it known they want Clarke after the euros??
Season tickets need to be sold so they need to allude they have signed a unknown foreign genius.
I am posting my opinion only on the way they operate not a in depth analyse or ITK info.

They have no DoF
No right back
No competent left back
The captain has left

But apart from that . . .

They have no DoF
No right back
No competent left back
The captain has left

Aye but he plays nice football.

I'm not so sure Clarke would be interested in the Celtic job. He doesn't like pressure or being under scrutiny...which he would be at The Chamber of secrets.

They have no DoF
No right back
No competent left back
The captain has left

Yep, as I said, what a fucking time to be alive! :)) :)) :))

This.
I’m cautious and risk averse by nature. Very much a ‘let’s keep our powder dry and wait & see’ person, but everything I’m reading about this guy makes it seem like he’s going to be a catastrophe for them.

What a fucking time to be alive!
I'm the same, tend to err on the side of caution. But i'll be completely gobsmacked if this fat bastard is a success

I can't imagine a dressing room taking him seriously in all honesty. He looks like a piss head and that accent fuuuuuuck me its brutal.

Still, I'm fascinated by how this came about - recommended by Feral Fergal who went on to rubber them for the DoF role. Just how deep are they into the "City Group" and who is pulling all the strings? What is their end game? An absurd omnishamblefuck of incomprehensible proportions.

Fucking delicious.

They have no DoF
No right back
No competent left back
The captain has left

Having so far disagreed only once before with any of your posts fellow Bear, I do think that your contribution above is one of your best.

All that is missing is the different 'new types' of fun the mendicants are about to experience - with their marathon sweeper keepers and their ever advancing defenders and holographic centre halves.

I too am exceedingly risk averse and cautious when it comes to Rangers, but bloody hell am I enjoying this. We deserve to.

All the indicators above are flashing warnings to the piggery fhanbase, they can see the writing on the wall, it's a shame for Rangers supporters that can't recognise the sheer incompetence of this appointment.

This is the only burning question we should be concerning ourselves with. It is the only hope they have of gaining leverage. We should be mindful and watchful of feeder interference and FFP. Whilst still enjoying their turmoil.
To be fair, there's a whole load of absolute SHITE within the city group - it's a bugger's muddle of absolute pish, by and large.

But I do get your point. They're up to their fucking necks in it now with the city group and I'm sure there will be many a keen eye kept on what is going on.

I also absolutely love that Lawwell still hasn't fucked off. Two CEO's in place currently - what's Lawwell doing, is he giving the new St Als rugger cunt a hand-over?

Day 1 training: Sevco stuff
Day 2 training: Other Sevco related matters
Day 3 training: City group links, and using my son at any available opportunity
Day 4 training: John kennedy and the Strachans

etc.

Fucking cringeworthy disaster shop. Absolute cunts. Just waiting for Lawwell to show up in some position of seniority within UEFA to absolutely fuck us at every turn. Can read the fucking cunts like a book.

To be fair, there's a whole load of absolute SHITE within the city group - it's a bugger's muddle of absolute pish, by and large.

But I do get your point. They're up to their fucking necks in it now with the city group and I'm sure there will be many a keen eye kept on what is going on.

I also absolutely love that Lawwell still hasn't fucked off. Two CEO's in place currently - what's Lawwell doing, is he giving the new St Als rugger cunt a hand-over?

Day 1 training: Sevco stuff
Day 2 training: Other Sevco related matters
Day 3 training: City group links, and using my son at any available opportunity
Day 4 training: John kennedy and the Strachans

etc.

Fucking cringeworthy disaster shop. Absolute cunts. Just waiting for Lawwell to show up in some position of seniority within UEFA to absolutely fuck us at every turn. Can read the fucking cunts like a book.
Absolutely, nothing more than a yes man who will do what he's told by the board and be grateful for the position they have put him in.

I find the whole situation with The Nose and iTramp very curious indeed, they will no doubt be of value to their new 'football manager' given the scale of the reset and all the initial complications he's about to encounter.

But surely they have aspirations to become fully fledged coaches within a certain timescale?

They are and have been (successfully unfortunately) treading water for over a decade now and are about to be jettisoned when Flange no longer needs them, as soon as January perhaps.

Are they not considering routes within this labyrinthian city group that @SouthLDNBear so eloquently describes above? Are there no opportunities going the other way perhaps?

It's an interesting mess of gargantuan proportions, it's actually quite beautiful in a way. Like watching a balloon burst in super HD slow motion.

Today's edition which is quite funny again.

38 days until their 1st qualifier !

12 to 18 players required :))

Last edited:
Whisper it, but the ACSOM podcast is actually an ok listen. They are not absolute moon howlers (well not all of them) and its interesting to hear what they are thinking. Its on Spotify
They are all right but do let the mask slip from time to time. Paul John is reasonable most of the time despite the haircuts, wee Kevin from fife is probably the most normal but a bit dewy eyed and tbh Tony Haggerty is generally fair in his assessment of the challenge from Rangers.

The 2 lassies are fair enough but Russell is gormless and the old dude a bit of a grumpy old moonhowler.

They keep going on about the number of viewers they are getting but it’s mainly because we are all WFH and watching hoping for another appearance from Tommy Sheridan, moonhowler in chief.

Wait what? Can you link me to that haha. Why would you choose a wig that makes you look like a middle aged lesbian?
It's on this thread or the kerryfail thread somewhere I'm sure. Sorry bud.

It does make him look like Jeanette Findlay which reinforces your description even further. B-D

Edit: found it.

Post number 70 here:

Last edited:
I loved the episode where wicked witch of the West lookalike Paul John admits to wearing a wig.

It's kind of sad in a way.
haha is it seriously a wig? I thought it was dyed but a syrup is hilarious. Surely he was at the bam up? Regardless, he looks like a character out of Dark Souls.
iri.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back