MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Delighted with the win and glad to have break now for a while.

Hopefully we can come back after the break and start playing a bit better.

Good to see the reactions at full-time! A sign that they know it hasn't been very good but the hunger is still there.

I really do like Lundstram -- more and more I see him and Davis as the first names down for our midfield.

I've gone left-field in my choice of MOTM, and gone for Wright, who never gave them a moment's peace, winning a few fouls for us that we should probably have capitalised on.
Looks like he's back to something like his previous great form.

But Lundstram is also more than worthy.
Kudos also to Hagi (who frightened them every time he was near their box), Balogun (who in general tidied up well at the back), Alfie of course (for getting through that game without being hospitalised or sent off) and actually Aribo (who also did really well not to provide any excuse to get a second yellow against himself, and provided a bit of physicality when required).

Definitely some flashes of the Rangers we all know and love in the second half.

Great work rate from everyone today. Two great goals. I still think we would have won it if that prick Porteous had been on the pitch.

Lunny MOTM

Lundstram done really well in the second half - always looking positive. I think he will come good here. Big win but still a lot of work to do going forward.

Copped a ban for being raging at Lundstrams sending off against Alashkert. Never been happier to be proved wrong. Keep doing what you are doing big man!

Hopefully this is the spark ala Motherwell last season. Use international break well and come back all guns blazing!

Lundstram looking the part, young Nathan getting better every time he plays. But Alfie was motm for me, his link up play was superb and of course the winning goal. We still need a midfielder to run in behind when he comes short. But we are getting there.

All in all a good result and a much better second half performance.

Not been able to turn in today until now.

Were we winning that if Porteous didn’t get himself binned?

Big win today and great character from the team to pull it out of the fire.

Hibs looked a decent side, even a man down, so getting a result wasn't going to be a walking the park. In that first half nothing was coming off, the crowd were getting nervous, but we just seemed to pick it up a gear towards half time. We kept that going into the second, and although it wasn't the tidiest of performances, two huge moments sealed the deal. (It might be worth noting both goals came from crosses, something we've been accused of relying on too much)

Given the Sheep's predictable collapse earlier in the day it was important we got the victory to maintain our lead over the vermin from the east end. It wasn't pretty for large periods, but we got their in the end. Cudos to the manager for his subs, and the players for keeping belief. (You could see the gaffer's relief at the end.)

Hopefully today is the result that kick starts our season.

MOTM: toss up for me between Balogun and Lundstram, even though Roofe was the man who made the difference at the end of the day

WATP!

I guess it shouldn't surprise me but just checking back on here I can't believe some of the comments about our performance today.

I can understand folk being frustrated at the score but from the sending off onward we played really well and if that had been 4 or 5 it wouldn't have been undeserved for the build up play. Loads of balls flashing through the Hibs 6 yard box not falling for us by luck rather than any sort of defensive design were all that allowed them to survive as long as they did.

Copped a ban for being raging at Lundstrams sending off against Alashkert. Never been happier to be proved wrong. Keep doing what you are doing big man!

Hopefully this is the spark ala Motherwell last season. Use international break well and come back all guns blazing!
You're not the only one, I was raging with his stupidity that night. He's started to settle in now but needs to improve on marking the opposition.

He’s the sitter and he’s done it well. He isn’t going to be going box to box in that position.
Yes, but who needs a sitter when the other team is a man down.
That said, he did get around the park well enough.
He is slowly improving, but he was a fart in a trance at their goal and he also bottled a bouncing ball midway through the first half.
I can't help noticing.

Fuming at HT

Buzzing at FT

The second half was much more like it. Obviously the red card had an impact but Porteous is a talentless thug. We pulled them apart in the 2nd half and it was much more like us.

Great scenes at the end. Anyone who thinks these players and the manager don't care should go watch.

Still huffed and puffed for me today however definitely a improvement in performance, but definitely a good show of character and desire albeit some sloppy play at times today. and hopefully we really kick on after the break.
Lundstrum motm again imo

Big 3 points , coming back from behind.
Thought we deserved the win .
Hopefully better performances to come
Loved the passion from the Gaffer at the end.

Yes, but who needs a sitter when the other team is a man down.
That said, he did get around the park well enough.
He is slowly improving, but he was a fart in a trance at their goal and he also bottled a bouncing ball midway through the first half.
I can't help noticing.
He also got man of the match

Strange game performance-wise. A lot of players made a lot of mistakes, but also worked hard and slowly turned it around. I'd put Goldson, Aribo, Wright, Barisic, Hagi and Patterson in that category. All of them took stick on the match thread and deservedly, but they all had some good moments too. Wright's end product is an issue but after we equalised in particular he was there working his arse off, making passes and running at their defenders. Thought Alfie contributed little but he was there when it mattered as he has been before. Roofe for Kamara was a bold call and it paid off.

Balogun and Lundstram were more consistent than the rest. Delighted to see the improvement in Lundstram. I was doubtful about his signing, was unimpressed by his lack of fitness in early games, but he's starting to look a player that has a lot to offer.

Porteous red card undoubtedly opened the game up for us, but second half was a lot more like what we want to see, if still much room for improvement.

Gerrard's reaction on the pitch tells a story. He looks like he's been feeling the pressure to deliver a performance. Even if today wasn't quite it, we showed character and got the job done. Massive three points.

Have a quality Sunday friends, crack open a beer and enjoy yourselves.

Once again weren't at our best,but showed the character of champions and won.
3 points in the bag,always happy with that.

We definitely stretched and moved the 10 men of Hibs better in the second half so credit for that and showing some bottle to win the game.

I see we triggered this Hibee
ECFDEFC3-9184-41-F6-BC3-A-E94468-B6-EEBC.jpg

Not sure if I saw this right, but as well as Gerrard, I loved Roofe and Hagi's reactions towards the crowd at the end of the game. The two of them looked like they knew what it meant. Maybe they weren't the only ones, just a few seconds of each on RTV.

Fuming at HT

Buzzing at FT

The second half was much more like it. Obviously the red card had an impact but Porteous is a talentless thug. We pulled them apart in the 2nd half and it was much more like us.

Great scenes at the end. Anyone who thinks these players and the manager don't care should go watch.
Well said, we need more performances like the last half hour.

He also got man of the match
Yeah, I have no problem with that.
I thought Balogun was great and Patterson and Aribo also played well.
If it hadn't been for the goal we conceded I would have given it to Balogun.
Patterson was next best for me as he was bright all afternoon and his cross for the first goal got us back into the game.
But Lundstram played well and so well done to him in getting MOTM.

Can I just say yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss I said 2-1 and I didn’t care how we got there in the end , such a stressful watch but now a chance to reset top of the division

Thankfully i only visit the match thread at full time,we were going nowhere until the red card but like last season we kept at it and got our reward in the end
Lundstram man of the match today closely followed by Balogan and Gerrard got all his subs bang on and deserved his staunch reaction to the support
If we had just beaten the filth after being 1 down we would all be doing cartwheels in celebration
At this time Hibs are a better team than the filth

Back