Aye but he scores lots of goals
Not any more

Aye but he creates lots of chance for others
Not any more

But he's great from the penalty spot
Not any more

But he's great going forward
Not any more.

The only thing that's keeping him in the first team is the fact he was made captain and Gerrard doesn't want to embarrass him by benching him for a long period of time
So three years of playing at a relatively high level, and last season was probably the best season from a right we’ve seen in the past 20 years, and now he’s had a couple of poor months were he hasn’t played to high level and that’s him written off in your eyes :))

Let me guess back in the day you wanted him moved forward to right midfield and for hodson to get a chance.

So you said already but have avoided the question?
Did he or did he not switch off ?
The whole team switched off because it was the keepers ball, anybody trying to say Tav had anything to do with the goal just want to blame him , it's embarrassing I'm embarrassed for them

The funny thing is everyone and their dug knows that if Patterson had given away that cheap free kick at that late stage and then switched off a lot of people would change their tune and given it “ahh yeah that was poor, that’s his inexperience showing there, that’s why Tav is still the number one”.

Patterson’s obviously no world beater and his forms been a bit up and down, even within games. But I think there’s people who at some point will have to acknowledge that the first choice pick isn’t playing well and doesn’t deserve to be an automatic pick on the basis of wearing a bit of fabric round his arm.

So three years of playing at a relatively high level, and last season was probably the best season from a right we’ve seen in the past 20 years, and now he’s had a couple of poor months were he hasn’t played to high level and that’s him written off in your eyes :))

Let me guess back in the day you wanted him moved forward to right midfield and for hodson to get a chance.

RSEA wants Alan Lowing back in the team.

Look, doesn’t matter a fk if he’s the Captain or not. It’s not as if he’s John Greig ffs. He has more poor games than good ones recently and the Manager has a duty to have a look at his young International replacement right back to step in. That’s the reason you supposedly have competition for a position.
Paterson is the future and he's also ready to step in right now.

I was roundly criticised in the summer for suggesting it wouldn't have been the worst move to sell Tav as he'd had a career season and would never be as valuable again. Plus we had a ready - made replacement waiting in the wings.

I stand by that now. He was brilliant last season and every one of us should be grateful for what he did for us, but did anyone really not fear it was a bit of an outlier?

I still worry about him defensively and now he's not producing going forward, his limitations are becoming more obvious.

There can't be any loyalty to guys who aren't producing this season - letting Celtic get automatic entry to the CL would be disastrous for us, especially as they're in transition.

1 trophy out of 9 in three years

Captain fantastic

People won’t realise what we had with tav until he’s gone, severely under appreciated because he’s played in some terrible teams.
Does that also go for departed captain and outstanding player from the banter years Lee Wallace? Strange because I can't remember the last time any Bear mentioned him.

This thread is a clusterf*ck.

Tav was not at fault for the goal yesterday (McGrgegor was)
Ross Wilson job in the summer wasn’t to shift Tav he was the captain of an unbeaten league winning team - where he contributed more in terms of goals and assists than any fullback is likely to do again in my life time - why on earth would you want to sell him?

Has he hit top form this season no - he hasn’t and I am sure he would say the same if he was asked, he is far from alone and he is not the issue with our lack of goals and being clinical so far this season.

The whole team switched off because it was the keepers ball, anybody trying to say Tav had anything to do with the goal just want to blame him , it's embarrassing I'm embarrassed for them
But this thread is about Tav , your reluctance to accept that is puzzling.

Making him captain makes him virtually undroppable
Hes a defender who can't defend

Aye but he scores lots of goals
Not any more

Aye but he creates lots of chance for others
Not any more

But he's great from the penalty spot
Not any more

But he's great going forward
Not any more.

The only thing that's keeping him in the first team is the fact he was made captain and Gerrard doesn't want to embarrass him by benching him for a long period of time
100%

Does that also go for departed captain and outstanding player from the banter years Lee Wallace? Strange because I can't remember the last time any Bear mentioned him.
Tavs peak at rangers is far superior to anything lee Wallace done at rangers. Lee Wallace before we got put down the divisions struggled in the top flight for us.

He is a massive factor in it x2

1, he needlessly conceded a free kick in a dangerous position

2. He fails to pick up Halkett at the goal
The free kick was cleared the ball was back in their half, the keeper isv100 % to blame, trying to bring Tav into it is embarrassing

Hes not even hit mediocre form

Based on what? The ridiculously and likely unrepeatable bar he set last year?

Barring Paterson is there any other right back in the league who is even close to him? The answer to that is a resounding no.

We have arguably the best 4 full backs in the league.

1 trophy out of 9 in three years

Captain fantastic
Aye mate tav is a whole team :)) it’s his fault he was playing with dumplings for most of his rangers career. When Gerrard came in he had to rebuild a whole football team with very little money. If your using that against tav and Gerrard that just makes you look silly.

What goals have we lost because of Tav this season?

The clamour to blame him for the goal yesterday, in any way shape or form, is the utter desperation we've become used to with some fans looking for any opportunity to blame him for any goal we concede.
Jesus look he is not the only problem at the the moment but what people are saying is that he is a big problem simply because he is so out of form and we have a better player to replace him, if he was a striker or midfielder who can get away with things that would be different but his position means that errors which he is prone to can be costly and he should step aside on that basis, being loyal to him because he was excellent last season is only harming the team I am afraid.

I got slaughtered for saying that we should have sold Tav after last season whereby he was brilliant. We lose a lot of goals down his side. To be fair, he's not the only one off it and it's a worry this far into the season.

Based on what? The ridiculously and likely unrepeatable bar he set last year?

Barring Paterson is there any other right back in the league who is even close to him? The answer to that is a resounding no.

We have arguably the best 4 full backs in the league.

Based on this

His last assist was 2 months ago mate. Since then he's had 73 cross attempts over 6 games, and only 4 finding a Rangers player and 0 assists. That's the poorest conversion rate in our team by a distance.

Tavs early season goal scoring form last season pretty much won us the league.

I always knew this would come. Theres no way he could maintain those numbers. That is when you look to the other big players in the team. All of whom are massively underperforming.

Not a single player in that squad has pass marks yet.

Based on this

His last assist was 2 months ago mate. Since then he's had 73 cross attempts over 6 games, and only 4 finding a Rangers player and 0 assists. That's the poorest conversion rate in our team by a distance.
Where did you get the stats?

Aye mate tav is a whole team :)) it’s his fault he was playing with dumplings for most of his rangers career. When Gerrard came in he had to rebuild a whole football team with very little money. If your using that against tav and Gerrard that just makes you look silly.

But but but but but

Said it before but generally speaking if you have an opposing view to guys like RSEA you're probably on the right side of the argument.

Not on this thread it would seem though

Just you and a couple of fanboys beating a drum and making excuses for a player way out of form

The free kick was cleared the ball was back in their half, the keeper isv100 % to blame, trying to bring Tav into it is embarrassing
And Tavernier loses his man at the corner from which they scored. It’s McGregor’s howler, he is the chief culprit in losing that goal. But if Tav does his job and doesn’t lose his man we win that game. If that was Patterson he would be held accountable, so why not Tav?

Why are people absolutely incapable of looking at the realty of what happened and admitting that he’s at least partially culpable? Why is it never his fault and always someone else’s? I’ve never seen anything like it with another Rangers player in my lifetime. Reminds me of that late Forrest goal at the piggery when Tav played a suicidal pass at the death that lead to them winning it, even that ended up being someone else’s fault. Nutters.

Not on this thread it would seem though

Just you and a couple of fanboys beating a drum and making excuses for a player way out of form
I don’t think anyone has said he’s not played poor, it’s just that you need to go to the extremes which is why people are laughing at you. I’ve literally said that Patterson should come in.

You were the one who brought up the captaincy, 1 trophy in 9 years comment with no context. It’s clear you hold a grievance against tav for the previous years failures. When in reality it was a team issue then, not on any one individual.

I don’t think anyone has said he’s not played poor, it’s just that you need to go to the extremes which is why people are laughing at you. I’ve literally said that Patterson should come in.

You were the one who brought up the captaincy, 1 trophy in 9 years comment with no context. It’s clear you hold a grievance against tav for the previous years failures. When in reality it was a team issue then, not on any one individual.

Youre wearing Tav pajammies right now, aren't you.

The funny thing is everyone and their dug knows that if Patterson had given away that cheap free kick at that late stage and then switched off a lot of people would change their tune and given it “ahh yeah that was poor, that’s his inexperience showing there, that’s why Tav is still the number one”.

Patterson’s obviously no world beater and his forms been a bit up and down, even within games. But I think there’s people who at some point will have to acknowledge that the first choice pick isn’t playing well and doesn’t deserve to be an automatic pick on the basis of wearing a bit of fabric round his arm.
I know what is it with all this captain's pish from the people that defend him.

I know what is it with all this captain's pish from the people that defend him.

Back