€13m Lazio bid for Ianis Hagi according to Sport.ro

Assuming this is real, no chance we will or should accept this bid. But its a starting bid for us, the closer it gets to €20m the higher chance it will be accepted.

A lot of posters seem hell bent on keeping Hagi, which is fine in itself, however the reality is that someone is getting sold in the summer.

If pushed, I think I'd rather sell Hagi for £11m, than Kamara or Alfie. Especially if it reduced the need to sell one of our other assets.

I have no doubt that when someone is sold this place will crack up despite it being an absolute necessity.

Players such as Hagi and Kamara have a football home for the first time in their careers. They won’t be wanting to leave. Even Alfie’s latest interview suggests he’s no longer as keen to depart.

But we need to sell to build. For this reported fee, we could be buying two 4m players with money also banked.

Some tricky decisions ahead.

Because folk here set unrealistic fees, they will go mental when the board aren’t able to accumulate this fee.

Absolutely mate. It goes from massively under valuing them, then throwing around wild OTT figures. The nature of a forum is that people are on one extreme or the other.

A lot of posters seem hell bent on keeping Hagi, which is fine in itself, however the reality is that someone is getting sold in the summer.

If pushed, I think I'd rather sell Hagi for £11m, than Kamara or Alfie. Especially if it reduced the need to sell one of our other assets.

Spot on.

We have Roofe, Aribo and Scott Wright emerging as well who all play in the same position as Hagi. We could absorb his loss a lot easier than other key players we have.

Lazio obviously recognize the value potential.

Unlike Kamara, Goldson etc.... due to his name he's a marketing a dream. Did he not just feature in a crisp add with Messi.

Something else to consider when looking at value.

Lazio obviously recognize the value potential.

Unlike Kamara, Goldson etc.... due to his name he's a marketing a dream. Did he not just feature in a crisp add with Messi.

Something else to consider when looking at value.
100% - how many shirts will sell, how many partnership deals etc.

He was benched for the first two old firm games, home and away v benfica, away in Antwerp and home vs slavia.

If Hagi is £20m player like a lot on here are suggesting then why isn’t he starting every week like Kent does for example?
Because Kent is a £40m player.!!!!

If he’s going to be a role player than yes I’d accept around £13-15m. But I feel if he gets a good run of games under his belt he can be massive for us over the next 2/3 seasons and go for 25m

Whether we like it or not, and regardless of if this bid is accepted or not, this is the new model the club are working to. We better get used to bids for the likes of young Hagi coming in most transfer windows. Sometimes they will get sold for less that what we as fans rate them at, and I’m pretty sure at least one, probably two, players like him will be sold this summer unfortunately.

I would suspect he and us would like another season out of him. Champions league football next season so I can see him wanting to stay. The chance to win more medals ,one more season then sell and for more money.

We will have to get used to flipping players, even though some of them won't realise their full potential until later in their careers. I'd have expected this to have all started before this season really.

If the management are prepared to let him move on, I'd take it.

€13m or just over £11m. That’s decent for a player we paid £3m for.

Hagi hasn’t established himself as one of the first names on the team sheet. His numbers are good but there can be games where he’s non existent or not suited to.

Ross Wilson and Steven Gerrard will have a valuation for Hagi.

I can’t see us selling him for that we have still to see the best of him and show his real value.

Last I read Newcastle United were looking at a bid of £8m - with the Dhims valuing him at.....wait for it....£35m ha ha.

Celtic value him at £35mil says who?

He wouldnt be worth £35mil if he had a 10 year contract. Never min one year left.

"Celtic value Ajer closer to £35million but accept they may have to sell the 22-year-old for a fraction of what they hoped for as he is free to talk to other clubs next January."

What a few of us on here have been trying to explain about Edouard, Ajer etc since late in 2020.

Absolutely wild.

£8mil is outstanding business for a guy with a 1 year contract coming off a pretty poor season for him and his club.

If we're considering letting him go for 13m, we need a decent sell-on clause built into the deal.

I'd rather keep him for a year at least. I think he'll only enhance his reputation. With the possibility of CL group football, it'd be good for us - and for him, especially if Lazio finish outside the CL spots in Serie A.

Think some people forget he's only 22. He's still improving and physically I think he's going to get stronger, which would make a huge difference to his game.

Also, I'd be looking at Hagi's potential value to a club in terms of marketing. From his Instagram, he seems to have deals with quite a few sponsors. Even if that's mainly for the Romanian market, that's 20m people. If he lives up to his talent, any club he's playing with will make a few quid off the association.

One of the stories I read about him suggested that he was struggling to find a club where he was at home, and that Rangers is the first club he's found his feet at. His record prior to us suggests that. So you hope he's not in a rush either and wants to grow with this brilliant team and coaching staff we have, before seeking a move to a bigger league.
Good post. I would say though, i'd be more worried about making him faster. Yes, develop his strength - but for the influence that should have on his speed, accleration, change of direction.

I like Hagi but I think others are more vital to us and, since we apparently need to sell one, I'd be willing to listen to offered around £15m for him.

We spent ages begging for someone who could do what Hagi does, that splitting pass, that moments player

We absolutely should not be entertaining this price because players like Hagi are impossible to come by especially for £3m

We have Champions League to consider

Hang on for much more if they are that keen

25 goal involvements for him this season

Agree 100%

Hagi has made a massive difference in home games where diddy teams just sit in. Can think of a number of games he’s made a difference in this type of match and we had struggled in them for the previous 2 years.

He’s a very important player for us and we shouldn’t be considering selling unless it’s silly money

We spent ages begging for someone who could do what Hagi does, that splitting pass, that moments player

We absolutely should not be entertaining this price because players like Hagi are impossible to come by especially for £3m

We have Champions League to consider

Hang on for much more if they are that keen

25 goal involvements for him this season
Doesn't do lots of running with no end product like Candeias though....

I have no doubt that when someone is sold this place will crack up despite it being an absolute necessity.

Explain how its a necessity? It may be desirable, but unless you have sat in board meetings and know what the investors intentions are, then you have no clue.

Part of investing is taking risk and this season is worth close to £100M via, qualifying for the champions league this year and winning the league and qualifying for the champions league automatically. We would need to sell 6-8 players to achieve that kind of money.

Whether he goes or not and for how much no one knowS yet. It feels good to finally have players that top class teams are noticing and willing to buy for decent amounts

Think it’s a fair offer
We also need to consider a player sale or 2 is needed to balance the books a little bit. So wouldn’t be the worst deal when you take everything into consideration I suppose

Explain how its a necessity? It may be desirable, but unless you have sat in board meetings and know what the investors intentions are, then you have no clue.

Part of investing is taking risk and this season is worth close to £100M via, qualifying for the champions league this year and winning the league and qualifying for the champions league automatically. We would need to sell 6-8 players to achieve that kind of money.

The board have said that we need x amount of money to see the season out (think it was £8m). We simply can't rely on investors putting their money in every year, it's unsustainable.

CL qualification will be excellent but it will be no where near £100m over two seasons.

Far better run clubs with more recent success are selling assets every season. Look at the Red Bull clubs for example. They have one of the biggest investors in football yet their model is based on buying cheap and selling big.

I never said we would need to sell 6-8 players, but we will absolutely need to sell a starting player.

£100m? Where on earth are you getting that from?

Spot on.

We have Roofe, Aribo and Scott Wright emerging as well who all play in the same position as Hagi. We could absorb his loss a lot easier than other key players we have.
That's what I was hinting at earlier in the thread mate,Kamara in particular would be a sore loss given the injuries to Arfield and Jack in particular.
Davis despite his brilliance will need managed and Zungu expected to go back to his parent club leaves us short as it is in there.

I imagine it'll come down to cold,hard cash at the end of the day but multiple bids for multiple players will give the staff a conundrum of sorts I'd suggest.

The board have said that we need x amount of money to see the season out (think it was £8m). We simply can't rely on investors putting their money in every year, it's unsustainable.

CL qualification will be excellent but it will be no where near £100m over two seasons.

Far better run clubs with more recent success are selling assets every season. Look at the Red Bull clubs for example. They have one of the biggest investors in football yet their model is based on buying cheap and selling big.

I never said we would need to sell 6-8 players, but we will absolutely need to sell a starting player.

I think we plan to sell a player (Morelos) i just disagree with the assertion its a necessity. I dont believe at any point there has been a push for players to be sold. We turned down £16M for Morelos last year for example

I wasnt saying you said we should sell 6-8 players. I was meaning thats how much money its worth. So the board need to weigh up the risk vs reward. Like i say. I was merely objecting to you saying it was a necessity.

Only with a huge sell on fee would i accept anything for Hagi.

He would shine in the Italian league with time on the ball in the number 10 to pick his passes. He would command a high fee a few years down the line.

We're getting stories like this every other day

WTF is it going to be like when there's actually an open transfer window to legally trade in & no tap-up rules to break - as if they seem to matter now ?

£100m? Where on earth are you getting that from?

So heres my process.

The group stages alone are worth more than £30M minimum between the minimum payment, tv market pool and tickets. X2 so a minimum of £60M to start thats without factoring in win and draw money.

£7M for winning the league twice

Money from Europa league potentially if we drop in there after group stage cant value that unless it happens.

Money from 4 qualifying games. Win bonus, plus ticket sales, plus qualification bonus. Cant put a price on it because it depends on actual results, but id expect it to be roughly £6M

So im kinda in the £70M bracket without factoring in any progress in Europe after christmas and any good wins in the group which could rack up money. £100M was probably an exaggeration but £80M could easily be achievable. So i think my general point stands, even if i maybe over egged it. Bare in mind my original point was the riches and prestige are more likely to be in the investors interest than chucking players out the door.

No, another season from him and let him shine in the champions league.
Big Phil, Big Joe and Alfie(30-40 million) are the players who are easiest to replace IMO at this time that would make us the necessary money from a business perspective. That’s of course if we need the money.
Alfie is certainly not easy to replace.

I would rather he stayed for now, maybe at least 1 more season.
I think he'll improve a bit more under our gaffer and coaching team, in the same way as most players in our squad have improved over a couple of seasons.
I certainly can't see his form going backwards, so his value has the potential to go up considerably in the next season or two.

Realistically we have to sell two or three players this summer. I don't think Hagi should be one of them, unless he is pushing to go .

Back