4lads and Lee Mcculloch having words on twitter Re Alfie

Come on folks, give the guy a bit of a break here. We are only too quick on here to criticise Alfie for lashing out and his antics at times. Lets not be hypocritical and criticise others who have the same view. For what its worth I think he's a head case at times and has got himself needlessly sent off or given referees a decision to make when he didn't need to. Because of that he has put a target on his own back and given our corrupt referees an excuse every time he does anything remotely questionable. If he was a player for the scum, he'd be a £50m player by now!

fixed that error :cool:

somebody at the club needs to grow some balls and call out the media up here - if you use the term "racism" then you are getting eyes on the product, eyes that the SFA/SPFL won't want

Everyone is entitled to an opinion however daft. Even ex players. The way some are vilified on noseybook and even on here at times for having an opinion is sad.

Did Gordon Smith not say, that working with the BBC he just got into the habit of being negative about us and that when he got booed doing the 1/2 time draw at Ibrox, he realised he needed to change his narrative.

If you were to rewind a few years there'd be threads on McCulloch/Big Jig 'the legend' and folk would never underestimate his commitment, stood by us in our darkest hour....blah blah.

Crazy how it all works out on here.

If you were to rewind a few years there'd be threads on McCulloch/Big Jig 'the legend' and folk would never underestimate his commitment, stood by us in our darkest hour....blah blah.

Crazy how it all works out on here.

what is the point of you and your posts ?

all day every day just seems to be about telling us how low an opinion you have on the support and just about everyone that posts on here.

what is the point of you and your posts ?

all day every day just seems to be about telling us how low an opinion you have on the support and just about everyone that posts on here.

Aye, so I do. What is the point of you and your posts talking nonsense, like this one?

Few years ago on here he was being described as a legend, fact, or are you denying that?

Last edited:
Morelos is a hot headed, ill-disciplined player.

Opposition players know it, so they target him to try and wind him up and provoke him. Quite often it works. Referees know it, so they pay more attention to him than other players. Quite often he pays the price for this. The media know it, so he gets a big deal made of every incident in the way other players don't. These factors swirl around and reinforce each other.

Deep down, everyone on here also knows he is a hot headed, ill disciplined player. But there is an exercise in mass denial that sees nearly everyone pretend not to recognize these facts. It reminds me of the time Suarez bit a chunk of Chiellini during the world cup an entire country tried to pretend it didn't happen.

He got away with quite a bit last season and paid the price this time with increased focus. He gets a hard deal sometimes but that's the price he's paid for so many daft incidents. The red card in Russia was an absolute joke and nearly cost us qualification for the group stage joke. Getting wound up by McKenna at Pittodrie and biting like a starving fish at an obvious attempt to noise him up. Too many daft bookings. He's a very talented player with poor discipline. That's the truth of the matter and McCulloch is entitled to his opinion.

So because he has a bit of a temper, this justifies players to target him and get away with it, and for referees to not only ignore the niggles from the opposition but referee him to a different standard than every other player in the SPFL?

Certain players at certain clubs are getting away with studs up leg breakers every other week. The problem doesn't lie with Morelos.

There were none, so you won’t find any either pal. Unless you genuinely believe a guy in the twilight years was going to get an equal or better offer elsewhere. Look at his actions on the pitch when we were losing an OF game, look at his “your club” remark and general comments about our player, basically, use your common sense.

Walter made mistakes too you know, and one of them was shoe horning him into the side any way he could. Managers often have blind spots for certain players, and watching McCulloch actively hide from the ball when he was supposed to be playing centre mid was excruciating.

So for your first point you put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5. What is the 'your club' comment? I'm gonna guess its something said that the internet has picked up and decided to slaughter him just like the Celtic quiz question.

His remarks about Alfie were all spot on. They were probably uneeded but he didn't blame him and the headline was a nonsense.

Walter didn't make many mistakes and McCulloch was one of the main men in his second spell. A huge contributor to our success regardless of your opinion of his footballing ability.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion however daft. Even ex players. The way some are vilified on noseybook and even on here at times for having an opinion is sad.
The point you miss is our ex players are constantly negative and actively help those who hate us by being so. They never big the club up or speak about the positives. Kevin Thomson and Neil McCann aside.

Not sure where you got the ‘didnt hear’ bit but a 50/50 and he chose them? Thats worse!

He said on his twitter after he didn't hear the question properly.

Maybe he heard it wrong, and thought it was a different question, either way It's an utterly pathetic stick to beat him with.

Lee McCulloch being our captain and inducted into our Hall of Fame is right up there with the worst things to happen during the banter years.
The formation of that horrific patter has to be up there with the worst things.
Banter years my arse.

Last edited:
So for your first point you put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5. What is the 'your club' comment? I'm gonna guess its something said that the internet has picked up and decided to slaughter him just like the Celtic quiz question.

His remarks about Alfie were all spot on. They were probably uneeded but he didn't blame him and the headline was a nonsense.

Walter didn't make many mistakes and McCulloch was one of the main men in his second spell. A huge contributor to our success regardless of your opinion of his footballing ability.

Bwahaha! “What is the ‘your club’ comment?”. So basically you’re accusing me of putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 while you haven’t even bothered your arse to read the fucking thread to find out what he said and why people think he’s out of order? Peoples gripes with McCulloch go beyond a quiz question, if you dismount from your high horse and actually read this thread before jumping in blindly then you would know that. And on the subject of the quiz question, why wouldn’t people have a whinge about that? It was as embarrassing as it was pathetic.

And no, he wasn’t a huge contributor, he was very much an expendable member of that team, there weren’t many of them, but he was one. We never suffered badly for him being out of the side.

And again, no! McCulloch wasn’t spot on about Morelos. Morelos shouldn’t be chuffed to bits that he’s got players trying to rake their studs down his Achilles and inflict pain on him. Anyone who thinks otherwise should probably put the bottle down and think about what they are saying.

Morelos is a hot headed, ill-disciplined player.

Opposition players know it, so they target him to try and wind him up and provoke him. Quite often it works. Referees know it, so they pay more attention to him than other players. Quite often he pays the price for this. The media know it, so he gets a big deal made of every incident in the way other players don't. These factors swirl around and reinforce each other.

Deep down, everyone on here also knows he is a hot headed, ill disciplined player. But there is an exercise in mass denial that sees nearly everyone pretend not to recognize these facts. It reminds me of the time Suarez bit a chunk of Chiellini during the world cup an entire country tried to pretend it didn't happen.

He got away with quite a bit last season and paid the price this time with increased focus. He gets a hard deal sometimes but that's the price he's paid for so many daft incidents. The red card in Russia was an absolute joke and nearly cost us qualification for the group stage joke. Getting wound up by McKenna at Pittodrie and biting like a starving fish at an obvious attempt to noise him up. Too many daft bookings. He's a very talented player with poor discipline. That's the truth of the matter and McCulloch is entitled to his opinion.
It's hard to disagree with some of your post however the truth of the matter is McCulloch should know when to keep his trap shut.
These ex-players of ours that are prepared to give our enemies ammunition to bring up shit time and again are either stupid or craving media attention. This in turn leads to the sort of attention that does them no favours. McCulloch is a fud.

They walked off talking together, they were hardly laughing and joking with arms around each other ffs.

Much like the mythical Kenny Miller grabbing the Celtic badge when he scored against us.
Not how I remember it, McCulloch made a complete fool of himself that day.
He strolled off at half time with his pal which was totally unacceptable.

Lee McCulloch was by no stretch of anyone's imagination, one of the "main men" in that team.

I don't think even he himself would claim that to be honest.

Whenever McCulloch's name is mentioned I shudder at those centre-half performances during the Championship days under McCoist

They an have an opinion, but let's stop pretending they are legends who must never be criticised

Lee McCulloch was by no stretch of anyone's imagination, one of the "main men" in that team.

I don't think even he himself would claim that to be honest.

I said he was one of Walters main men. 143 appearances in 4 seasons and 15 caps for Scotland prior to that certainly suggests he was.

They an have an opinion, but let's stop pretending they are legends who must never be criticised

There's criticising him for a daft article at a silly time then there's shitting on his contribution cos you're (not you specifically) an angry hate-filled jobby of a person.

The amount of our ex player (some who are ex Captains) who stick the boot into the club is quite ridiculous.

The same Lee McCulloch who continually went down holding his head like he had been shot, when there was little or no contact?

He said on his twitter after he didn't hear the question properly.

Maybe he heard it wrong, and thought it was a different question, either way It's an utterly pathetic stick to beat him with.

I was there at the time and you are correct. What he is saying in that article is a bit stupid and sometimes he would do well to remember that we captained us. However, that incident with the question would be unfair to use against him. You could tell at the time he didn't know the question and was quite obviously embarrassed when he got it wrong.

He's trying to be a Funnyman but McCulloch is just The Puppet these days, Nothing Lasts Forever I suppose. To think I used to have his Pictures on My Wall. I don't know about Seven Seas but he is definitely one C.When we next Sub Alfie does he want us to Bring on the Dancing Horses?
ECHO-THE-BUNNYMEN.jpg

Fair Play on 4lads for calling him out on it.

Obviously not a big Rangers man we all thought, forgot how many league titles we had on sky not so long ago

Understood perfectly. Every time a EX player makes a dumb comment, someone invariably comes on to defend them, usually by exaggerating their contribution to the club
You changed both the context and wording of my post you Numpty.

Come on folks, give the guy a bit of a break here. We are only too quick on here to criticise Alfie for lashing out and his antics at times. Lets not be hypocritical and criticise others who have the same view. For what its worth I think he's a head case at times and has got himself needlessly sent off or given referees a decision to make when he didn't need to. Because of that he has put a target on his own back and given our corrupt referees an excuse every time he does anything remotely questionable. Were it not for his temperament he'd be a £50m player by now!
Deary me.

I’d be more angry at this if I hadn’t said similar about Morelos, as have countless other Rangers fans.

It makes no sense to me that Rangers can get absolutely savaged every day on here yet people get so precious whenever an ex-player offers an opinion which isn’t completely positive.

I’d be more angry at this if I hadn’t said similar about Morelos, as have countless other Rangers fans.

It makes no sense to me that Rangers can get absolutely savaged every day on here yet people get so precious whenever an ex-player offers an opinion which isn’t completely positive.

It's obviously totally different as we are saying this on here whilst he is saying something in the media which is available on social media this available around the world and supporting this mth that Alfie has " issues" which he doesn't

Perhaps our ex players should be invited to Ibrox /HTC by the present manager and given a talk on standards required from our past &present players,they seem to lack any perspective on the current situation from our club's point of view ; A short power point demonstration just to underline our present problems might just recalibrate their memories

Back