MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Lundstram doesn’t start tonight, then it’s a fair indicator he doesn’t have a place in the team - and the sooner he’s moved on, the better.

I feel more confident going here with Gio than Gerrard. SG had a tendency to over-think Aberdeen.

In saying that, I wouldn’t be surprised at a draw tonight. But I’ll go for a 1-0 win.
Hope not - I hope 0:1.

The game I feel is more crucial than the OF in the sense that a win here in a tricky encounter maintains our cushion lead going into that one. Im assuming we tank Livi obvs.

If we drop points here it leaves Celt!c knowing they could be within a win's striking distance backed with a superior GD to take them top.

A draw wouldnt be a disaster but winning would be a really significant hurdle to clear and put the ball firmly in our court.

The game I feel is more crucial than the OF in the sense that a win here in a tricky encounter maintains our cushion lead going into that one. Im assuming we tank Livi obvs.

If we drop points here it leaves Celt!c knowing they could be within a win's striking distance backed with a superior GD to take them top.

A draw wouldnt be a disaster but winning would be a really significant hurdle to clear and put the ball firmly in our court.

If we go into that game 6+ ahead the pressure on them will be huge.

Let’s see how mentally strong their players are if we can do it.

Hardest game for a while, gap has been cut, half a team injured or unavailable, already drawn with them this season...

:)
Should have enough to see them off. The midfield is a concern and this is the time for Hagi to step it up a gear. Hopefully we get an early goal to settle us. I go 2-0.

God I hqve missed you Rangers. Would be delighted to see Sands to get a game but can see why it might be a risk in this fixture, Lundstram will probably start. Huge game.

confident we will win get a good win tonight but cant afford a slow start. Our midfield is going to have to try and get up and support tonight

massive game for us tonight

with selection there is issues for me who plays in midfield & attack, the defence & is who plays in midfield Kamara & Hagi in the 10 position for me are shoe ins, but a big question mark remains over the 3rd , too early for Jack, so it is between lundstrum & sands, the manager i feel the manager may go with sands. In attack again kent & Morelos are cast rion starters but for me i would go with Sakala as the other member of the front 3, as that 3 worked a treat v Hearts.

Not a match related question but is Ultra HD ever used for Scottish football?

EPL is of course as is the Championship as well as the darts at New Year but I've never seen the option for a Scottish game. I have only recently got it though so not sure if the old firm was.

Going to be a very tough and tight game I feel. I hope GVB has our team pumped up because we all know the sheep will be right up for it. We also have the added scenario of just getting back from separate entity fc's winter break.

I've missed the injury news for tonight's game. Is Roofe in the squad? He's posted a video on his Instagram in preparation for tonight's game.

A difficult fixture, no doubt. Some very good Rangers teams have gone up to Pittodrie and failed to take maximum points.

I do however think Glass's Aberdeen are not that great and as long as we turn up with a decent level I feel sure we'll bag the win - perhaps even comfortably.

Last edited:

EPL is of course as is the Championship as well as the darts at New Year but I've never seen the option for a Scottish game. I have only recently got it though so not sure if the old firm was.

No mate. UHD isnt on up here at all yet.

Whatsapp going about saying Sands starting in a 4-2-3-1. Probably just guesswork, but that's the rumour going about.

Something interesting I saw mentioned recently was the suggestion that they use a filter on the pitch for EPL games, possibly EFL too. The pitch always looks ridiculously good and bright green,

Not sure if it actually happens.

You won't start Lundstram, who's played against Aberdeen in the league before, but you will start Sands, who has never even played for Rangers before, never mind against Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Have you seen much of Sands to make the call? Or is t just that you think anybody is better than Lundstram?

I expect, given our injury worries, that Lundstram will start the game.

I guess GvB will be the man that decides though.

Either way, they have our backing and here's to 3 points.
Did you watch lundstrams performance against Aberdeen at Ibrox? Quite right I’d start sands over him.

tav goldson bassey barisic
kamara sands
sakala hagi kent
morelos
Hope that's true.

Lundstram has had plenty chances for me, you know what you're going to get and its not enough. I've watched as much as I can of Sands and if I'd compare him to anyone it would be Ryan Jack, with a bit less needle mind you.

I understand folk thinking its too big a game to fling Sands in, but a lot of what has been said about him has spoke about his personality, mentality and character. It all points towards him being perfectly capable of handling any occasion. Good head on his shoulders.

I wouldn’t be starting Lundstram tonight, he is too slow at getting the ball forward, always looking for the safe pass and to retain possession at all costs.

Hope that's true.

Lundstram has had plenty chances for me, you know what you're going to get and its not enough. I've watched as much as I can of Sands and if I'd compare him to anyone it would be Ryan Jack, with a bit less needle mind you.

I understand folk thinking its too big a game to fling Sands in, but a lot of what has been said about him has spoke about his personality, mentality and character. It all points towards him being perfectly capable of handling any occasion. Good head on his shoulders.

Yes, I know logic says we shouldn’t throw him into this, but he does seem a very mature & composed guy and, given a really severe situation in midfield, I wouldn’t rule him out starting either.

Yes, I know logic says we shouldn’t throw him into this, but he does seem a very mature & composed guy and, given a really severe situation in midfield, I wouldn’t rule him out starting either.
Agree.

His debut was at 16 in a sold out 40k seater in Ecuador in a pretty hostile atmosphere.

No point treating him like a child, he is 21 and should be good enough.

Did you watch lundstrams performance against Aberdeen at Ibrox? Quite right I’d start sands over him.
I'm not a huge fan of Lundstram, but let's not be revisionists. Goldson hung him out to dry by giving him the ball before that first goal. That seems to have been forgotten.

Something interesting I saw mentioned recently was the suggestion that they use a filter on the pitch for EPL games, possibly EFL too. The pitch always looks ridiculously good and bright green,

Not sure if it actually happens.

Its like watching football in Blue Ray. I assumed though it was certain cameras required for Ultra and Scottish football wasn't worth the expense of sending them up here B-)

Back