Match Thread ** Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports **

Much better 2nd half. The Cummings substitution changed the game as we had more fluidity in the final third as players interchanged.

Murphy looked handy when he drifted into the centre. He has really been suffering on the wing largely due to having Halliday behind him.

McCrorie had a very good 2nd half after being dreadful in the first. Improved postionally and massively improved his distribution.

I will say it again, we will really struggle.if Morelos goes. Even off form,he does so much good work holding up the ball and bringing others into play.

Bates looked solid again...shame he is going.

Kris Commons saying the Edinburgh derby is one of the few games in Scotland that is electrifying.

He's right, but doesn't exactly promote the game for Sky.

This needs a rest pïsh has to stop! He was injured for 3-4 weeks, had a break in Florida in the winter for two weeks, and been “rested” for the odd game or two and suspended.

I wish I was that tired.

Stop making excuses for him, he’s not doing his job - which is putting the ball in the net. He misses a glorious chance (borderline sitters) every other game.

the excuses made for these various players is as bad as the excruciating performances they turn in

laughable

Hope Steven McLean gets done in by a gang of violent weans and the video footage goes viral and his wife takes the weans in the Mondeo and runs off with a real man after seeing her husband leathered by children.

Literally cost us three points and has went a long way to costing us 400k in prize money and a 2nd round europa spot.

Always sounds like sour grapes but surely the authorities can see the refs on their books aren't fit for purpose.

That aside we lost that goal and shat it big time.

0-10 dominant making it plain just how shit Aberdeen are and how ridiculous this talk of them being the 2nd best side in the country is.

Penalty - equaliser We shat it big time and the cunts still couldn't score from open play.

Equaliser - 90+2 all over them any chances the sheep did have completely squandered annoys me that it's even up for debate who the better side are.

Even after a car crash of a season going through three managers they haven't beaten us or scored against us from open play in 4 games.

Much as it pains me to say it Hibs are a good side and more than deserve to be jousting for best of the rest. Seriously hope we do them at the weekend.

That's why none of them are goin to Russia.....They are fuukin arseholes, every one of the men in black.

Boys battled hard, but that was the problem, it was a battle - which suited the sheep more than us.

A bit more composure on the ball and better decision making in the final third would have seen us win the match.

I feel we had to win tonight to finish 2nd. The bheasts will do whatever's necessary and roll over for the sheep just to shaft us and that's assuming we get a result against the spoonburners.

God knows what Gerrard is going to make of the refereeing shitshows we need to deal with against us up here btw.

This needs a rest pïsh has to stop! He was injured for 3-4 weeks, had a break in Florida in the winter for two weeks, and been “rested” for the odd game or two and suspended.

I wish I was that tired.

Stop making excuses for him, he’s not doing his job - which is putting the ball in the net. He misses a glorious chance (borderline sitters) every other game.
A rest from football might help him mentally as well. You know there is more to just being tired. A break over the summer with things like improving his language skills etc and he will hopefully get his confidence up and start the season well. It’s way to easy to just to slate players all the time but he clearly has talent and we should make the most of it.

Par for the course on here for people to blame the referee for something that’s just as much to do with us dropping points against the Scum, Hibs, Killie, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Dundee than it is to do with the fact that the standard of referring is garbage across the board in Scotland.

It was never a penalty but let’s not kid ourselves, and act like tims, that McLean’s decision has cost us Europe and all the rest of it. We’ve done it to ourselves, nobody else to blame.

No
Acting like Tims iscaiming phantom decisions and not acknowledging those for you

We were massively done tonight
Thoroughly fed up with our support happier criticising our team than shambolic officials

No matter how good or bad the defence is
Without the huge error from a serial offender - we win that game

The last 2 games have shown how much better our defence is with Bates in it.

Shame we now need to watch him leave for nothing.

Nobody could make a team out of that lot. Four or five held back and undermined by six or seven passengers.

Although there was an improvement in the second half, it would be hard to do otherwise, our decision making, composure and general play was incredibly poor.
Back to this passing the way they are facing shite, none of them turning with the ball, passing behind team-mates instead of into stride, dead ball execution amazingly bad, final ball would make you weep, standing off, ballwatching, constantly wrong side and in a state of intellectual collapse when confronted with opponents who are a bit street wise and show a bit of guile.

First thing Gerrard must do is tell the 4 loans, Goss. Murphy. Cummings. Martin to pack their bags, 4 of them just not good enough if we want to challenge next season, we shouldn't be spending any of the transfer budget on them.

Murphy is a good footballer but based on tonight I'd agree. He hid for the first 70 minutes tonight. Doing it even once in any game is unforgivable for me.

No
Acting like Tims iscaiming phantom decisions and not acknowledging those for you

We were massively done tonight
Thoroughly fed up with our support happier criticising our team than shambolic officials

No matter how good or bad the defence is
Without the huge error from a serial offender - we win that game

I agree that without that decision we win the game, totally.

My post was more aimed at people who think that decision has cost us anything in the context of the season, it hasn’t, because it’s all our own doing that we are in position we are in.

McCrorie and Morelos will be a big miss on Sunday, particularly the former. Could be a long day. That said, at half-time tonight I thought we were out of it.

if hearts win tomorrow then a draw will guarantee us 2nd place at hivs as scumtic will not lie down to dolly on there last home game of the season if all it means is an extra game in Europe for us no chance

A rest from football might help him mentally as well. You know there is more to just being tired. A break over the summer with things like improving his language skills etc and he will hopefully get his confidence up and start the season well. It’s way to easy to just to slate players all the time but he clearly has talent and we should make the most of it.

To be honest mate. That’s a load of pïsh (imo)

Excuse after excuse! Face it. His form since January has been shocking and it has cost us.

Murphy is a good footballer but based on tonight I'd agree. He hid for the first 70 minutes tonight. Doing it even once in any game is unforgivable for me.

It looked to me like he'd been told to hug the touchline - and we never once got the ball out to him in the first half. I wouldn't say he hid, we just never gave him the ball. He came much more into the game when Cummings came on and he was allowed to 'drift' infield.

I have some sympathy for Murphy. It's difficult on the wing when no one feeds you the ball. He got nothing from the midfield in the 1st half and has the disaster that is Halliday behind him.

My biggest criticism is he is too predictable on the wing as he cuts inside every time. He is still a good player and easily good enough for our squad going forward. Did look handy in the centre as well.

Excuse after excuse! Face it. His form since January has been shocking and it has cost us.
Naw I just can see the bigger picture rather than just deciding someone is crap. His hold up play tonight was superb.

But yeah let’s just get rid cause his form has dipped a bit. That will help.

This. We battled hard. People can say what they want about Aberdeen but they are well organised and up for a fight. Second half especially when Cummings came on and we moved more into a 4-4-2 we started to control the game better but just didn’t creat enough.

Not as awful as many on here will make out. Penalty was a disgrace but frustrating we didn’t create more to get 3 points.

One big performance needed then regroup for next season.
I think the first half we were absolutely terrible. The second half they showed a lot more spirit but will need to be much better against Hibs. C'mon ye Gers

Nope, a lot more to do with his player diving in the box and getting the decision from a total shitebag.

Without that, we’re two points ahead tonight.

.......if we take care of Hamilton, Dundee, Partick, Motherwell etc then we’re 10-12pts ahead of them!

Excuses are rife tonight! o_O

This referee has loads of previous form against us so nothing surprised me tonight.except maybe for the fact he didn't sent one of our players off.Unless someone from Ibrox actually calls these cheats out it will happen game after game.Expect more of the same on Sunday.Why are referees like this?Is it cowardice in case they get accused of favouring us or are they under orders from their masters?Surely they are not all cheating bastards.

can anyone confirm suspensions on sunday?
morelos? mcrorie?, i think tonights yellows that take a player over, starts next season.

He didn’t really though did he? His performance was very good. Just needs a rest over the summer and get his confidence in front of goal back.
If all of the rest of the team put in as much work as Morelos we would be a lot better off

You're talking utter pish (imho of course) - Morelos has been playing constant football, he's 21 years old, in a new country, new everything. Yes he's missed a few sitters, but if you cannot see the quality & potential in this lad, you haven't a fekin clue about football. I'm sure Stevie G will be heartened that he has 2 quality young players to build his team around, McCrorie & Morelos. Pity Bates is for the off, as he's starting to look like a player too.

It might help if we get a striker who can put the ball in the net..... Just a thought :eek:
He's our top scorer. And played about 70 games since June, 40 of them as a lone striker for us. And he's 21, young players form goes up and down.

Not quite as extremely up and down as our fans but there you go.

Only started playing when Dorrans & Holt went off they are woeful.
Please do not play again ffs
Fancy Hearts to take something off the spoon burners tomorrow nite, all 3 points puts us in Europe...

He's our top scorer. And played about 70 games since June, 40 of them as a lone striker for us. And he's 21, young players form goes up and down.

Not quite as extremely up and down as our fans but there you go.

That’s exempts him from criticism for missing sitters in a regular basis?

He’s missed more sitters this season than most top stikers miss in an entire career! And we are taking sitters, or at the very least extremely easy chances!

I agree that without that decision we win the game, totally.

My post was more aimed at people who think that decision has cost us anything in the context of the season, it hasn’t, because it’s all our own doing that we are in position we are in.
We’ll thats lot of bollocks , if you believe that the ref cost us tonight then you must surely know that they cost massively especially at the start of the season. Caixinha probably lost his job earlier than he would have because of some absolutely ridiculous decisions

Back