AEK 2 IRA 1 (3-2 aggregate)

141ju4z.jpg

This is massive for us in terms of bridging the gap now they need to get some big hitters off the bill.
Let's Go Rangers!

Sorry fellow bears I'm not one for gloating. You see what happens to gloaters as "Them" are finding out now and how we found out last season "we cheered when we got them" (resulting in men against boys and another record defeat). We go on about how they are infatuated about us and here we have 30+ pages about them losing.

You can not escape karma and if we both get to the EL groups stages who is to say they could not be the team that knocks us out. Yes i am happy because that's 30-40 mill they won't be getting now and reduces the gap financially. They were the best team but have a shaky defense. They have way more than enough midfield to front to cause us all kinds of problems over the season. I am only concerned about us with our talking done on the pitch and do not want to anger the gloating hex.

Sorry Mate, I am one for gloating.

Tonight is a time for gloating.

%^*& them, thats what I say.

Maybe they are not gloating on the fuddleboard, you might be better off there.

Last edited:
Relief.

That last 15 minutes nearly killed me. I was so sure they were scoring.

Huge for us this. The first really significant step on what will be the hard slog to get to 55.

Tom English didn't half slip up in the post-match wake on Sportsound. Talking about Compper's continual state of injury, his rant ends with him pleading "someone has to come out and tell US what is going on".

Not "the Celtic fans" etc, but "US". The game's been up for a long time Uncle Tom, but thanks for the official confirmation of your and the BBC's bias.

Sure it was Pat Bonnar. English has been posted missing for around a week.

The pain coming from their forums and onto Kerryfail is brilliant. Also, for those worried about the co-effecient. Celtic were never going to do good enough to effect it. In fact, they might do it more good in the Europa. Provided they don't just get papped right out of that also.

It's a massive kick in the bank balance for them and it will unsettle their team.

Sorry fellow bears I'm not one for gloating. You see what happens to gloaters as "Them" are finding out now and how we found out last season "we cheered when we got them" (resulting in men against boys and another record defeat). We go on about how they are infatuated about us and here we have 30+ pages about them losing.

You can not escape karma and if we both get to the EL groups stages who is to say they could not be the team that knocks us out. Yes i am happy because that's 30-40 mill they won't be getting now and reduces the gap financially. They were the best team but have a shaky defense. They have way more than enough midfield to front to cause us all kinds of problems over the season. I am only concerned about us with our talking done on the pitch and do not want to anger the gloating hex.

Might want to tell your face you are happy about the 40 million deficit.

Away back to mumsnet ya superstitious old fish wife. I'm going to gloat myself hoarse.

I watched and you are dead right.

When was the last time you heard a so called impartial commentator for one of our games in Europe come out with "COME ON, one last chance" as mutton did for them tonight.

I don't even expect the impartiality really. But we have never had that kind of support you would expect from broadcasters in our own country.
I remember back in the early 2000s we were away in the second leg and we just scored after a 0-0 I think first leg. The BBC commentator stated "How does xxxxxxx get back into this match". No congratulations on is scoring.
Some things never change.

I can't believe they threw £9m (well, they say they did) on a Striker that is no better than what they had whilst Jack Hendry starts every game in Europe.

Brendan Rodgers takes his time in sinking a club through Transfer dealings and getting rid of a proven and effective scouting network, but my god is he effective at it!

Back