Bill Leckie: Morelos is a diddy

Put simply, his knowledge about football is embarrassing. Write a piece about young David Bates or McCrorie and how they handled themselves yesterday. Write a piece about how the fans have taken to Morelos, a young 21 year old player that has played non stop since the start of the year. A player that despite speaking no english is top goalscorer in this country. 'Nah...diddy sounds like a controversial word so I think I will use that. I'm so out there as a journalist'.

'' Quite how anyone could get that worked up about a football match this poor is beyond me.''

That tells everything you know about football, you just don't get it at all.

Put simply, his knowledge about football is embarrassing. Write a piece about young David Bates or McCrorie and how they handled themselves yesterday. Write a piece about how the fans have taken to Morelos, a young 21 year old player that has played non stop since the start of the year. A player that despite speaking no english is top goalscorer in this country. 'Nah...diddy sounds like a controversial word so I think I will use that. I'm so out there as a journalist'.

Write a piece on how Rangers with 5 first picks injured and a wage bill dwarfed by their opponents went out and showed true character and bottle. Got in the faces on a supposedly superior team and might well have won the match.

Write a piece on how Sellik, with resources massively greater than anything we have, or Hearts have, looked second rate.

There was a lot of positive things that arose out of that match yesterday that could have enlivened any piece of journalism.
But the dance of death and morbidity that now surrounds a dying medium is obviously hard to escape from.
This is writing soiled in its own cerebral faeces from a so-called writer unable to control his incontinent mind.

Last edited:
He was hailed a hero (apparently, not actually seen that word used to describe his performance) because of his work rate, technical ability and attitude.

He had a good game despite missing a couple of good chances.

If we had 10 outfield players technically as good and hard working as Morelos we'd have pumped Celtic.

Amazing, every time Rangers or any other side for that matter,get a result against them it’s the Tim’s that >
  • Had an of day
  • Tired after too many games
  • Players of form
  • Key players out
It is just endless.
Maybe just maybe it’s time to give other teams some credit- yip, I know this will never happen just a nice thought

No mention of Sinclair being a diddy or maybe his chances were more difficult than Morales.
He finishes the article by saying "i know whose shoes I would want to be in".You do that,but I thank the Lord every day I was born a Ranger and not one of them.

Following on from another "diddy's" article referring to a Colombian cartel, there seems to be an effort to derail Morelos.

Keep going Morelos. Just keep going you're going to sicken them.

The only way to keep them in pain is to keep winning!, 55 is going to send them all over the edge!

If hes a diddy then hes the top scoring diddy whos goals have allcome through open play .unlike the second top scoring diddy who has relied on doggy penalties to get his goals up.

Aye nae bother Leckie.

Just you stick to trawling dating websites in the vain hope of finding some fat ugly hoor that would date you.

Bill Bill Bill. Would you be saying the same thing if he wasn't black? I expect not. You are a racist bigot. A fat one at that.

A lot of hurt in that article :D

Wonder if he got some festive knock backs from his dating website.

Just as well we didn't win judging by the articles today :D:D:D

I thought by now he'd have buggered off on his jolly to the Australian Open tennis to pretend he knows anything about tennis

nobody likes a draw but when most of the scum went there expecting to hammer us, it's definitely a "get it up ye" sort of moment, especially for the press who also thought the same thing. Morelos is only 21 and top scorer in the country he plays football in, despite playing for a team who are 3rd. What does that say about the "greatest Scottish team to have played football" according to the media?

I’ve not read all the thread ...... imo this is why papers are dying on there feet a sports journalist with agenda .

No mention of Rangers attacking down the tim’s left hand side as they seen the wonder kid as the weak link and the showed how poor the wonder kid actually is . Rangers should have scored 3 goals attacking the wonder boy , tavs shot great save from Gordon , Morelos header another instinct save to keep the score down and a poor header from Morelos .

Yet this journalist has a go at Morelos another easy target a bit like attacking Pedro for some of his comments yet Lennon and a few other managers get away with murder and nothing .

If your looking in BL thank Christ I know none of my money will be spent on joining dating sites as I can promise you I don’t and won’t every buy any paper you write for . Fact

Not even going to bother reading his drivel. As soon as I saw his name I knew it would the usual anti Rangers drivel. I didn't realis this insignificant leech was still around. Suppose he has plenty of time to write seeing as he doesn't have a wife. His miserable existence is reflected in his boring, irrelevant articles. He will be bringing in the New Year forlornly looking at dating sites, eating an individual fruit trifle and reading Follow Follow to see what we're saying about him.

Ooh let’s be controversial, have a go at both teams, ignore the fact that without these two teams the game in Scotland would be an even bigger football backwater than it is. And haemorrhage more readers whilst circulation is already plummeting. The media can hide their bias which is a sure sign of unprofessionalism . Never has the standard of journalism been so poor in this country. On the radio and tv the difference between Scotland and the rest of the United Kingdom is incredible. We are saddled with Clyde and BBC Scotland with all their agendas, sniggering anytime we lose. Crawling to Lawell every time he summons them.
We had young Scots playing the game of their lives but this cretin has a go at our striker. Leckie is pathetic.

This diddy is the top scorer in the league, says a lot for the fat £40m rated lady's front bottom and the rest :D

I like the idea that Celtic only played poorly yesterday in isolation. It's the full delusional, deflection mode of them in action.

I've watched enough of these games to know that the game normally falls down to individual duels. We were the better team because Candeias and Tav bossed Tierney and Sinclair, Wilson and Bates dominated Dembele and then Griffiths, McCrorie nullified any forward runs from their midfield and John bested Forrest. You have to earn the right to play in these games and we out fought them throughout the entire second half.

We were told constantly that their performances in Europe had to be taken into context. Yesterday we went to their shit tip without Wallace, Miller, Jack & Dorrans and fielded a starting 11 that cost less than Scott Sinclair.

Then there's their lauded manager, on millions each year and an U20's coach forced his team to play the game we wanted for the second time. It was no accident that Lustig was their most involved player yesterday.

Wonder why he didn't do a piece on the £40 million man playing for the other team who was a "diddy"
Because the mentally challengeds weren't hailing him like a messiah after missing chance after chance . I agree with leckie it was embarrassing us celebrating him coming off

Never read it all but from what I did I can say, he doesn't get it. Supporters are fuelled by emotion topped up with a wee bevy, being fed pish about the hiding we were about to get, if the real tims turn up we've no chance etc, etc, etc. But no what we got was a Rangers team full of spirit and self belief, chasing the darkness into corners making them make mistakes. Now the next time they turn turn up we may make them think about it . The chances wee Alfie had were good chances and yes it feels good to me we should have beaten them but after what we have been through I think it does say more about us but not in the way Leckie says, I think it was the fact we were better than them for spells and they and their hacks don't like it. No surrender.

Because the mentally challengeds weren't hailing him like a messiah after missing chance after chance . I agree with leckie it was embarrassing us celebrating him coming off
We weren't celebrating him, we acknowledged his hard graft. But you knew that....

Two sitters against hibs, two against Killie and one yesterday (not counting the one that Gordon saved as Alfredo couldn’t have done any more). The wee man really needs to start putting those away. But these things happen in football.

What bugs me is when he had “shots” at goal when he really should’ve passed it. He done tremendously well and done the hard work initially only to let himself down with his decision making in the end.

Still a great signing for us though!

Whats this lap of honour nonsense? He has the cheek to slag us for cheering at the end of the game too. What a balloon.

Robert Boyle‏Verified account @RFC_Rab 12h12 hours ago

Robert Boyle Retweeted David Melvin

In 2017, this twenty-one year old has bagged 23 goals in 37 games, playing from April right through until now. He ran his socks off today, bullied the opposition and I’m glad he’s playing for us. #ElBufalo

I don't agree. Morelos put in a solid shift yesterday and caused their defenders all sorts of problems. Yes he missed the second sitter, but then so did Sinclair during the game. These things happen.

He is far from the finished article morelos but at 21, with no proper grasp of English here he is sitting top of the goal scoring chart after playing football all year without a rest.

One of the many that you wait for Karma to come along and smite

What steals a living in this backwater as "Journalism" is no more than bigots with an outlet supported by their fellow cockroaches - yet another institution destroyed from within by fellow bigots of the dark cult.

We MUST get one of these feckers in the 2018 sweepstake surely ?

Funny how Celtic supporters like Leckie are using words like rank rotten display and lack of quality. It was a great game. We were in their faces and didn’t allow them to play which allowed us to play a bit. The game did have quality Leckie. Just because your team were pegged back and didn’t win doesn’t mean otherwise ya diddy.

Those words about the support celebrating could be said about any football support in the world.
The next time StMirren get a draw at Ibrox will the same be said about their fans at the final whistle?
Get a grip of yourself ya fecken creep.
And dont forget it only takes 9 men...

Two sitters against hibs, two against Killie and one yesterday (not counting the one that Gordon saved as Alfredo couldn’t have done any more). The wee man really needs to start putting those away. But these things happen in football.

What bugs me is when he had “shots” at goal when he really should’ve passed it. He done tremendously well and done the hard work initially only to let himself down with his decision making in the end.

Still a great signing for us though!

Absolutely shocking that our 21-year-old striker - and top scorer in the league remember - is not yet the finished article.:rolleyes:

I can't wait until he's firing on all cylinders!:)

How can a member of the press be allowed to call anyone ‘a diddy’ completely unprofessional comment and just shows what a Micky Mouse organisation the Scottish media are

Ally McCoist missed more chances than any footballer I've ever saw. Keep getting in positions and don't be afraid to miss.

Back